The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Royal Highness

An illegitimate child would have no place in succession so that’s moot but it would a huge scandal , Make her the butt of dirty Jokes , would ruin any good that Beatrice tries to do and probably anger/disappoint her Father, Grandparents and Charles. But Seriously she is a grown person in a steady relationship for 10 years and knows how to prevent accidents. Getting pregnant now is pure self sabotage.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
A pregnancy before marriage would be a right royal scandal. The tabloids would call Beatrice Edo 's baby mama and HRH Princess Beatrice of Stork. The succession is disrupted and the government would get involved.
And this would be different how? The tabloids and the people that read said tabloids are in a class all by themselves and will focus and harp on anything derogatory, negative, scandalous and/or just plain old back fence gossip.

Methinks you take the tabloids a bit too seriously.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-26-2019, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I honestly think if Beatrice found herself pregnant, we would have a sped up royal wedding. Like several pregnant 'former royal' brides on the continent. Baby bump possibly hidden or not so much. The baby born if not conceived on the right side of the blanket.
Not that long ago that's exactly what happened in the larger Dutch royal family. The king's cousin Jaime suddenly announcing his engagement (on the day his cousin Friso died but he didn't know that yet), getting married within 2 months and having a baby girl (princess Zita de Bourbon de Parme) 4 1/2 months later.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:02 PM
Royal Highness

Or more likely they would simply do something about the situation discreetly and quickly. Problem solved. These days a grown woman has a choice.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Or more likely they would simply do something about the situation discreetly and quickly. Problem solved. These days a grown woman has a choice.
Not everyone's conscience allows that.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Royal Highness

True. But plenty don't see an issue. I don’t believe we know Beatrice Views on that particular matter . It’s a very personal choice that is not our business either way.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Not that long ago that's exactly what happened in the larger Dutch royal family. The king's cousin Jaime suddenly announcing his engagement (on the day his cousin Friso died but he didn't know that yet), getting married within 2 months and having a baby girl (princess Zita de Bourbon de Parme) 4 1/2 months later.
They came to mind. As did Beatrice Borromeo's sister Mathilde who was six months pregnant when she married a Furstenberg prince.

Quote:
An illegitimate child would have no place in succession so thatís moot but it would a huge scandal , Make her the butt of dirty Jokes , would ruin any good that Beatrice tries to do and probably anger/disappoint her Father, Grandparents and Charles. But Seriously she is a grown person in a steady relationship for 10 years and knows how to prevent accidents. Getting pregnant now is pure self sabotage.
Baby would only be illegitamite if they didn't marry before it was born.

This is the 21st century. Her charity work would not be destroyed by her getting pregnant outside of marriage. This isn't the days when the women were hidden in backrooms and the baby shipped off so no one knew.

It doesn't matter how many years one dates, accidents are called accidents for a reason. No one plans them. Birth control is not always absolute.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post

A baby is not a 'problem'. It shouldn't have to die because of a 'accident' by the parents.

LaRae
Old 04-26-2019, 11:46 PM
Royal Highness

That’s true but failures of Modern Hormonal birth control when taken properly are very very rare. If she did not get pregnant for a decade it probably means she knows what she is doing in that regard. And yeah that’s assuming Edo is all up for a shot gun marriage. He gets a say as well :)
Old 04-26-2019, 11:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would say she has things figured out. They likely take extra precautions.

LaRae
Old 04-27-2019, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I think the one that matters [HMQ] would be..
If you mean the queen I don't think so... She's an old lady but she's not a dinosaur. She has accepted divorced people into the family... and while she may disapprove to an extent, she accepts that the world has changed and that not everyone shares very strict views on these things. I certainly don't think that she would be expecting her family to react so seriously to the man involved....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
A pregnancy before marriage would be a right royal scandal. The tabloids would call Beatrice Edo 's baby mama and HRH Princess Beatrice of Stork. The succession is disrupted and the government would get involved.
why would the succession be disrupted?? If she marries before the baby's born, its in the succession. If not, Bea is harldy near to the throne.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:19 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Let's move on please. Further speculation about a pregnancy / what the couple would do in the instance of a pregnancy will be removed.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Nobility

With Eduardo coming to Lady Gabriella's wedding I expect a new round of "nearly engaged" rumours to start again with them on the next few days.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
With Eduardo coming to Lady Gabriella's wedding I expect a new round of "nearly engaged" rumours to start again with them on the next few days.
Most likely some of them will have them marry later this year at Windsor Chapel as well
Old 05-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Majesty

I think that James Middleton & Alizee Thevenet will marry first.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
But not at Windsor Castle I assume
Old 05-18-2019, 03:04 PM
Majesty

Of course not; maybe in the same venue Pippa & James Matthews married?
As for Beatrice; if Edoardo accompanies her to the wedding of her cousin, it is a sign that their relationship is serious.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

If Beado has moved to the next level about the relationship I hope they gave some serious thought to helping Edo's son adapting to the changes, especially if it becomes an engagement. Edo's ex who is the boy's mother was a loose cannon when rumors of the relationship started.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What gives you this impression? How long have they known each other? Although of course, this is a topic for a Middleton family thread.

Quote:
Of course not; maybe in the same venue Pippa & James Matthews married?...
I agree. That makes sense. It's not even a question about St. George's Chapel. Pippa and James are siblings of a future queen, but they are not royals, nor are they closely related by blood to Queen Elizabeth.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Majesty

In July it will be a year of their dating, so they are reportedly dating longer (I mean James & Alizee). And there is no child to be involved.

All the best to both couples!

Closed Thread