The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really don't have an opinion on Edo whatsoever. I'll leave it to Beatrice to deem whether he's worthy of her or not. I do have to say though that I find Edo to be much better looking than Dave was. That's something I can have an opinion on.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Courtier

We are all entitled to our own opinions, but not to our own facts.
If ever Edo decides to marry, Edo's wife will be Wolfie's stepmother, regardless of who is raising Wolfie.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
We are all entitled to our own opinions, but not to our own facts.
If ever Edo decides to marry, Edo's wife will be Wolfie's stepmother, regardless of who is raising Wolfie.
Correct and that is also nothing new: see Charles and Camilla.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I know what you mean.
When Beatrice was with Dave Clark, he never looked at her but only at the cameras.
I hope Edo isn't another Dave, but I get the impression that he is.

Let's hope we are both mistaken.
Yes I felt the same about Dave Clark too. Despite the length of their relationship his body language always seemed rather cold towards her as though he was really with her for some other reason. It didn't surprise me at all when he married someone else so soon after they broke up.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think her relationship with Dave was on the outs for some time before it became public.

LaRae
Old 04-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Yes I felt the same about Dave Clark too. Despite the length of their relationship his body language always seemed rather cold towards her as though he was really with her for some other reason. It didn't surprise me at all when he married someone else so soon after they broke up.
I felt somewhat the same way about Dave Clark - it never really appeared that he was looking 'at' Beatrice in many of the photos, but seemed to be facing the cameras. I hope for Beatrice's sake that Edo isn't like this...although I have a feeling he might be, but more inclined to marry her than Dave is. But then it would be worse if he actually *married* her for the wrong reasons...so let's hope that he's in it for the right reasons if he decides to marry Beatrice.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Majesty

He will definitely not have as many haters as Meghan (what is particularly visible in DM commentaries); Beatrice is not a daughter of a future King.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
He will definitely not have as many haters as Meghan (what is particularly visible in DM commentaries); Beatrice is not a daughter of a future King.
Most people taeke no notice of Beatrice, so don't care whom she marries ...
Old 04-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I felt somewhat the same way about Dave Clark - it never really appeared that he was looking 'at' Beatrice in many of the photos, but seemed to be facing the cameras. I hope for Beatrice's sake that Edo isn't like this...although I have a feeling he might be, but more inclined to marry her than Dave is. But then it would be worse if he actually *married* her for the wrong reasons...so let's hope that he's in it for the right reasons if he decides to marry Beatrice.
I totally agree with you, I think Dave made some nice connections during his relationship with her and that was enough for him without actually marrying her. Edo looks much more 'keen' in that department and I agree that I hope it's for the right reasons but I get a strong feeling it is not. I hope Beatrice herself hasn't hit 30 and got a little panicky with all the recent weddings going on (especially that of her little sister). 30 is still young and she shouldn't rush into anything.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:25 AM
Administrator

I disagree some people do take note of Beatrice. Before Meghan arrived on the scene the York girls were bait for the bashers. They are still out there whenever there is an article in the paper regarding Beatrice or Eugenie.

I have never been one to tell if someone is "into someone" based on a millisecond look from a photo.

The main thing that worries me about this relationship is the speed. Bea is the last adult cousin who is unmarried and not in a long term relationship. I hope she is not feeling the need to be in a relationship because everyone else is. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter...sometimes you can be in a long term relationship (i.e. Dave) and not go the distance. Some people might meet their "one" after a short term relationship and than go the distance. There are also some inconsistencies about Erdo's last relationship that bother me a bit but you can't believe everything you read i the press.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:33 AM
Courtier

There's an article in The Telegraph about Edo. He appears to confirm he's living at St James. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/l...rmed-princess/
Old 04-10-2019, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Here's the part about St. James:

Quote:
When I ask him where home is now, he looks rather sheepish and says, “I’m in St James’s at the moment” – suggesting that just perhaps he might have moved in to the apartment in St James’s Palace that Beatrice used to share with her sister.
So I guess they are living together. I notice that he says he likes to spend weekends with his son, so it appears his son lives with his mom and visits Edo on the weekend.

It's interesting that he's talking to the media. Has he ever given an interview before?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

He also says he puts his son to bed at night, so that implies Woolfy lives with him...also at St. James?

I thought Beatrice was supposed to give up the St. James flat once Eugenie moved out?
At least that was reported at the time, although really, if she ever did she would need a London base somewhere.

(As for Dave Clark, I'd be willing to bet that he is missing the limelight these days; that attention can be addictive).
Old 04-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Courtier

I don't think the "putting to bed at night" means the child lives with him. I think it means he ensures he does his share of parental tasks, which also chimes with the mother being super busy too. They seem to be co-parenting with domestic support, which allows them both to pursue careers that involve a lot of travelling.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Nobility

There seems tow be a lot of speculation of an engagement before the end of the year, that seems pretty fast, especially with a small child in the mix and Bea being only 30 (no need to rush to get pregnant NOW!) Younger sisters getting married does sometimes bring up some weird stuff though as well as in the wider family. That's if any of this is true of course.

I don't have an opinion on him personally though. He is better looking than DC IMHO. He got married even quicker in his new relationship I guess.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
There seems tow be a lot of speculation of an engagement before the end of the year, that seems pretty fast, especially with a small child in the mix and Bea being only 30 (no need to rush to get pregnant NOW!) Younger sisters getting married does sometimes bring up some weird stuff though as well as in the wider family. That's if any of this is true of course.
I think it's also the case that there's been several royal weddings lately, with Gabriella's coming up fast.
It wouldn't surprise me if Beatrice has become marriage-minded.

I do have doubts about this man though. It does trouble me that there is a toddler involved in his split with his former GF.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Nobility

I'm assuming a whole load of nothing but the Express is claiming not only does she want to get married this year but is already trying to get pregnant.

I imagine it gets more clicks for adding a "scandalous" detail they cant possibly verify but I can see her wanting to marry quite quickly
Old 04-23-2019, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't buy into that story.

LaRae
Old 04-23-2019, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I believe that Beatrice and Edo's relationship could be pretty much along the lines of how my relationship with my second husband went.

Fast track to marriage once we started dating. We'd been "dating" for a short amount of time before getting engaged to be married and living together. The clincher was that although the courtship and engagement happened pretty quickly, we'd been best friends (and involved romantically with other people) for 8 years prior to that.

Not every quick engagement and marriage is a flash in the pan idea. It may seem so on paper but the reality is that only the couple themselves know the details of how things are.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-23-2019, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

They are just past the 6 month mark...sorry no I don't believe they are trying to get pregnant and planning a wedding this year. Engagement this fall (year mark) *might* happen...but marriage, no.

LaRae

Closed Thread