Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what happens!

LaRae

I'm expecting an engagement announcement this fall, after the Queen returns from Balmoral.
And then a wedding at St. George's in the spring, after Easter.

Well there are loads of mistakes in that article for a start and second it's The Sun. That said I think it's possible, though a 2020 announcement makes more sense.

It's not surprising there's speculation since they're public and apparently living together, she's the only adult unmarried granddaughter of the Queen and her sister's wedding last year.

Well there are loads of mistakes in that article for a start and second it's The Sun. That said I think it's possible, though a 2020 announcement makes more sense.

It's not surprising there's speculation since they're public and apparently living together, she's the only adult unmarried granddaughter of the Queen and her sister's wedding last year.

If and when both Beatrice and Edo know that this relationship is one that will be for the long haul, they'll most likely move quickly. I'm in agreement that an announcement will be after the Queen returns from Balmoral. Beatrice may not be required to get the Queen's permission to marry but I do see her asking for it out of deep respect and love for her grandmother. Beatrice would also probably really like having both of her grandparents at her wedding.

If she wanted to, would Beatrice be allowed to marry at Westminster Abbey?
Or is it a given that these days she'd be expected to follow in her sister's footsteps and marry at St. George"s?

I'm so excited for her, if it's true. She deserves to be happy.
Hopefully another royal wedding in 2020.

I would imagine that as both Westminster Abbey and St. George's Chapel are royal peculiars, should Beatrice wish to marry in either one, it would be up to the Queen to give her permission.

Somehow, I don't see the Queen saying "no" to either venue if that is what her granddaughter wants. :D

Personally, I think that Beatrice would choose St. George's like her sister did. Its the closest to being the "home parish church" of the bride.

I would imagine that as both Westminster Abbey and St. George's Chapel are royal peculiars, should Beatrice wish to marry in either one, it would be up to the Queen to give her permission.

Somehow, I don't see the Queen saying "no" to either venue if that is what her granddaughter wants. :D

Personally, I think that Beatrice would choose St. George's like her sister did. Its the closest to being the "home parish church" of the bride.

I think that the next royal wedding in Westminster Abbey will be George. It seems to me that it’s been pretty much established since Edward and Sophie that only the heir to the throne will get the Abbey wedding. This has been discussed endlessly in threads for both recent royal weddings

If and when both Beatrice and Edo know that this relationship is one that will be for the long haul, they'll most likely move quickly. I'm in agreement that an announcement will be after the Queen returns from Balmoral. Beatrice may not be required to get the Queen's permission to marry but I do see her asking for it out of deep respect and love for her grandmother. Beatrice would also probably really like having both of her grandparents at her wedding.

But does then Queen really need to be in London when an egagement is announced? Eugenie's engagement ws announced in January when she was at Sandringhm if i remember it right. They could also visit her at Balmoral and ask for her permission there.

I think the most likely choice of Venue is St. George's Chapel. Prince Andrew told last year around the Wedding of Eugenie that the Queen told him quiet firmly that the Wedding would be at St. George's Chapel.

I think you're right on that, suztav. I think St. George's Chapel is going to be the venue for royal weddings up until its George's time to wed.

Logically, St. George's is also "home parish church" for Louise and with James' wedding being a Windsor wedding although James isn't titled or styled as a HRH, it will also probably be his choice too.

I actually prefer St. George's over Westminster Abbey if it was me picking out the venue. There's so much more of an intimate atmosphere.

Omg! I wish all love for Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Wolfie!

Edo's dad is British-born but has an Italian Aristocratic roots as 'Count?' Which makes him a Count too, right?

Last edited:
It's hard to tell with them, you can't go on past relationships for either of them...neither of them have rushed to marry with previous dating partners. Especially Beatrice.

Yet this relationship with Edo does come across differently than the one with Dave. It wouldn't shock me to see an engagement in winter or first of next year then a wedding later in the year. I think this fall marks them a year dating.

LaRae

Edo's dad is British-born but has an Italian Aristocratic roots as 'Count?' Which makes him a Count too, right?
Yes, that makes him a count though since UK doesn't recognise foreign titles of nobility it's not a title that he can use officially.

I actually prefer St. George's over Westminster Abbey if it was me picking out the venue. There's so much more of an intimate atmosphere.

Both are lovely, but I would prefer the Abbey.

But I think you may be right, and an Abbey wedding is now reserved for the direct line.

(Although other people who aren't even royal also marry in the Abbey. But I think, if Beatrice did, it would provoke more public criticism than if she marries at St. George's).

Last edited:
It could even be elsewhere like Zara did...but I do love St George after seeing so much of it last year. Lovely place to marry. My guess is she will marry there.

LaRae

Princess Beatrice will most probably marry in St George's, but I'd be happy to see her marry in the York Minster. It's a beautiful cathedral and a fitting wedding setting for the daughter of the Duke of York.

Last edited:
York Minster is a huge (or at least in pics it looks massive) cathedral. It would be kinda neat to see Beatrice marry there ...when's the last time there was a royal wedding there? If ever?

LaRae

York Minster is a huge (or at least in pics it looks massive) cathedral. It would be kinda neat to see Beatrice marry there ...when's the last time there was a royal wedding there? If ever?

LaRae

The current Duke and Duchess of Kent in 1961. First one since 1328.

The Minster is in my home city, and it would be amazing to see them wed there but practically speaking I don’t see it happening. Not considering who would attend.

It is big, not that they'd have trouble filling it and would be interesting to see. There's much less traffic around it than WA but there would probably still be the same complaints about security costs.

A relative of mine got married there in the 1980s and I think the Duke of Kent. I don't know if her father's title is a qualifying connection (which dictates if you are allowed to get married in a COE church) but I'm sure there'd be no problem.

However the Yorks have never shown much interest in Andrew's territorial designation in general and no one is expecting the little Cambridges to get married at Ely. ;)

But we're all getting way ahead of ourselves, I don't even believe an engagement is that immanent. That said, if it was I don't think it would be affected by wherever the Queen is, they can certainly travel to meet her beforehand, and would almost certainly do so, not as Queen so much as Granny.

Both are lovely, but I would prefer the Abbey.

But I think you may be right, and an Abbey wedding is now reserved for the direct line.

(Although other people who aren't even royal also marry in the Abbey. But I think, if Beatrice did, it would provoke more public criticism than if she marries at St. George's).

As Harry did not marry at the Abbes (i think he should have) i think it is unlikely that Beatrice will marry there.

Princess Beatrice will most probably marry in St George's, but I'd be happy to see her marry in the York Minster. It's a beautiful cathedral and a fitting wedding setting for the daughter of the Duke of York.

Yes, but where would they hold the reception?
No place near, unless they took over a hotel or something like that.

Still, I agree that York Minster is glorious! :flowers:

Every time there's a new post, I'm thinking "Oh here comes the announcement".

I really need to calm down.:D

Still, I agree that York Minster is glorious! :flowers:

There is actually, the same place The Duke and Duchess has theirs, the Duchess’ family seat at Hovingham Hall.

It wouldn't be the first time the Royal family had receptions at a hotel so as long as there's a suitable one I could see that happen. Are there for instance any houses used for wedding receptions outside the city?
I know it's unlikely to happen because of location and costs, but still fun to think about.

Not trying to get too caught up in the speculation, but wouldn’t it be nice to see a televised old fashioned palace wedding? Perhaps at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle wedding. Done in one of the big state rooms.

Not trying to get too caught up in the speculation, but wouldn’t it be nice to see a televised old fashioned palace wedding? Perhaps at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle wedding. Done in one of the big state rooms.

Wouldn't they require a church wedding? The church for that would be St. George's. Has their ever been a wedding let alone a televised one in the State Rooms instead in recent memory?

Wouldn't they require a church wedding? The church for that would be St. George's. Has their ever been a wedding let alone a televised one in the State Rooms instead in recent memory?
IIRC you can get married anywhere as long as the wedding venue is registered for worships and marriages

Italian aristocratic titles were abolished under the Italian constitution of 1948. Many former noble families have continued to use them without official recognition, but I do not know if Edo Mapelli Mozzi has ever done so.

I do think there will be an announcement before Christmas.
And we could expect a spring/summer wedding.
As much as I’d love another WA wedding, I doubt it would happen especially since Harry didn’t marry there. St. George’s is beautiful but I’d love a surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom