The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

According to the DM, Beatrice and Edo are now living together in her St. James flat, and an engagement is imminent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...arly-year.html

Old 04-07-2019, 09:37 AM
Royal Highness

This is 6 months from when they allegedly met. And people said the BRF was concerned that Harry and Meghan was moving too fast . The Sussexes were dating a year and a half before announcing their engagement. Granted as eighth in line to the throne Bea doesn't need the queen's permission to marry the circumstances will be grist for the gossip mill.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

I highly doubt that this is true.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This is 6 months from when they allegedly met. And people said the BRF was concerned that Harry and Meghan was moving too fast . The Sussexes were dating a year and a half before announcing their engagement. Granted as eighth in line to the throne Bea doesn't need the queen's permission to marry the circumstances will be grist for the gossip mill.
I thought that he was a family friend...
Old 04-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
More significant than position in the line to the throne is the expectation that irrespective of whom Princess Beatrice marries, her spouse will not gain a royal title, work for the royal firm, and represent Britain, as has always been expected of whomever Prince Harry married.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The relationship began six months ago, but the couple have known one another for years.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

They are both adults and very far from the throne. Princess Beatrice is not even expected to become a full-time working royal ever (although I personally think that is a wrong call by the BRF).

In any case, their situation is very different from Harry and Meghan's. If they want to live together, or get engaged, or get married, that is their own business and nobody else's.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They started dating in November. But they have known each other for years.

But even if the rumors are true he moved in, that doesn't mean they will be engaged soon. Remember how many rumors for at least 2 years that Eugenie was about to get engaged? And Bea and Dave? The DM is rarely right on this.

I don't expect at 30 she will have a long dating like she did with Dave, or her cousins did. But I don't see them being engaged that quickly either.

But there are plenty of people who get engaged in less then a year. Time isn't always a reflection of stability of a relationship.

Quote:
I thought that he was a family friend...
He is. Or at least his family is. Ed's stepfather was sir Christopher Shale. Fergie worked for a short time for Christopher before she married Andrew. The entire York family attended Christopher's funeral in 2011.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Given that there is a child involved I hope they take their time to figure out whether this truly is 'for life'.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Given that there is a child involved I hope they take their time to figure out whether this truly is 'for life'.

Sorry, but I am not sufficiently familiar with Edo's backstory as I only follow this thread occasionally. Doesn't the child live with the biological mother ? I don't see the connection you are trying to make between the existence of a child from a previous relationship and Beatrice and Edo having to take their time to move in together.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Sorry, but I am not sufficiently familiar with Edo's backstory as I only follow this thread occasionally. Doesn't the child live with the biological mother ? I don't see the connection you are trying to make between the existence of a child from a previous relationship and Beatrice and Edo having to take their time to move in together.
IMO any parent with a child from a previously relationship should think carefully before introducing a new partner to their child.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Whether Wolfie lives with his mother or not, Edo is still his father. Anyone his father marries will be in Wolfie's life. One would hope that Edo would not parade a string of women through his son's life. Its one thing to date a lot when a single parent. But introducing his son to those dates are another matter. If Beatrice becomes Wolfie's stepmother, hopefully the marriage lasts. Children that young tend to bond, would be hard.

Its not a case of Wolfie's mother having sole custody and Wolfie not being a part of the equation.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, I think he's using her but only time will tell.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
According to the earlier media reports, Edo's son Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi lives with his father.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post

And that's the acid test to see if this relationship is going the distance. Bea is going to meet Ego's son.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Whether Wolfie lives with his mother or not, Edo is still his father. Anyone his father marries will be in Wolfie's life. One would hope that Edo would not parade a string of women through his son's life. Its one thing to date a lot when a single parent. But introducing his son to those dates are another matter. If Beatrice becomes Wolfie's stepmother, hopefully the marriage lasts. Children that young tend to bond, would be hard.

Its not a case of Wolfie's mother having sole custody and Wolfie not being a part of the equation.

How close is Edo to Woolfie anyway ? Again, I am not sufficiently familiar with his backstory, but I am assuming they are probably not close considering that Edo and the child's mother seem to have broken up in non-amicable terms.

In any case, Beatrice won't be Woolfie's stepmother. A stepmother , at least for me (not the dictionary definition), is someone who is married to the biological father and raises his child in the absence of the child's mother. Wolfie has a mother of his own who, I assume, is raising him and, therefore, has no need for a stepmother.

Furthermore, whether Edo and Beatrice's relationship will be "for life" or not, the fact that they are moving in together and might get married signals it is intended to be more than a casual fling. The likelihood that Woolfie will be introduced, even if casually, to multiple women whom his father is dating is therefore much lower if he moves in with Beatrice and is in a monogamous relationship with her. Otherwise, I would expect someone like Edo to really have multiple dates and a promiscuous life, which could have an impact on his child.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
How close is Edo to Wolfie anyway ? Again, I am not sufficiently familiar with his backstory, but I am assuming they are probably not close considering that Edo and the child's mother seem to have broken up in non-amicable terms.
As Wolfie is reportedly living with his father, not his mother, I would assume that father and son remain close regardless of the relationship between the parents.

Quote:
[Wolfie's mother] Dara, a highly successful architect, only moved out of the family home in London at the end of last month. [Ö]

Dara's mother Lily claimed her daughter initially left their young son in Edo's London flat along with the family nanny.

She added that Dara 'now comes back early from her work and goes to see Wolfie so she can give him a bath before he goes to bed at seven or eight. [Ö]
Old 04-07-2019, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
How close is Edo to Wolfie anyway ? Again, I am not sufficiently familiar with his backstory, but I am assuming they are probably not close considering that Edo and the child's mother seem to have broken up in non-amicable terms.

In any case, Beatrice won't be Wolfie's stepmother. A stepmother , at least for me (not the dictionary definition), is someone who is married to the biological father and raises his child in the absence of the child's mother. Wolfie has a mother of his own who, I assume, is raising him and, therefore, has no need for a stepmother.

Furthermore, whether Edo and Beatrice's relationship will be "for life" or not, the fact that they are moving in together and might get married signals it is intended to be more than a casual fling. The likelihood that Wolfie will be introduced, even if casually, to multiple women whom his father is dating is therefore much lower if he moves in with Beatrice and is in a monogamous relationship with her. Otherwise, I would expect someone like Edo to really have multiple dates and a promiscuous life, which could have an impact on his child.
I couldnít care less if Beatrice marries her current boyfriend. But just want to point out the comments about children that grow up with parents who are no longer together and how inaccurate some of the comments are here. If Beatrice marries Edo, she is his sonís stepmother. Period. Whether he has his mother or not. Stepmother is defined as his fatherís wife who is not his biological mother.

As for questioning if Edo is close to his son just because his parents seem to have hard feelings when they broke up. Unfortunately, a lot of kids have parents who arenít on the beat or even amicable terms when they break up and feelings are still raw. It doesnít mean the child can only be close to one parent in that case. If I remember correctly, Wolfie lived with his father when his parents first broke up and his mother still came to his fatherís place to put him to bed. Granted, this might be wrong as I just skimmed very few articles during that whole back and forth when the relationship first came to light.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
As Wolfie is reportedly living with his father, not his mother, I would assume that father and son remain close regardless of the relationship between the parents.

OK, that changes my previous reasoning. That is why I insisted so much on the point that I wasn't sufficiently familiar with his background.

If the child is going to live primarily with Beatrice and Edo, then Beatrice becomes a true stepmother and they have to take that into consideration before moving in together. It is as much a big deal for her as it is for the boy.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
If I remember correctly, Wolfie lived with his father when his parents first broke up and his mother still came to his fatherís place to put him to bed. Granted, this might be wrong as I just skimmed very few articles during that whole back and forth when the relationship first came to light.
That seems to be what the article quoted above is saying.

Closed Thread