The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 02:29 AM
Royal Highness

I'm not wary about Dara. Things have been quieter from her friends and family recently, I think it was mostly initial shock and a genuine feeling of being wronged. I don't get malicious vibes from her.

Edo himself is a little more worrisome. He and Dara started dating in early 2015 and they were engaged 3.5 years. So that means he proposed within days or weeks after meeting Dara. Then you have stories that he and Bea have gotten extremely serious after a couple months of dating. He seems to get swept away in the heady rush of new relationships, and takes things from 0 to 10 very quickly. So I'm hoping Bea is a little cautious and doesn't rush an engagement especially since they are living on different continents. Give him some time to get over his exhilaration phase and then see if his deep feelings remain.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'm not so wary about Dara. Things have been quieter from her friends and family recently, I think it was mostly initial shock and a genuine feeling of being wronged. I don't get malicious vibes from her.

Edo himself is a little more worrisome. He and Dara started dating in early 2015 and they were engaged 3.5 years. So that means he proposed within days or weeks after meeting Dara. Then you have stories that he and Bea have gotten extremely serious after a couple months of dating. He seems to get swept away in the heady rush of new relationships, and takes things from 0 to 10 very quickly. So I'm hoping Bea is a little cautious and doesn't rush an engagement especially since they are living on different continents. Give him some time to get over his exhilaration phase and then see if his deep feelings remain.
Very well put. Personally, I just don't think there is enough information in the public domain about this couple for me to make any meaningful comment.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, all we know is that they are dating and their families have been friendly for awhile. What I haven't been certain about is whether they knew of each other or spent time in mixed company previously, but never actually got a chance to know each other well?

Also, it looks like from reports that Edo and Dara had broken up last summer, but may still have been sharing living arrangements off and on due to mutually caring for their child. Apparently, Dara only recently revealed to her parents, her split from Edo. Plus her father seems to have been upset in the first place because Dara became pregnant without the couple giving any serious consideration to marrying. After the split, and Edo fairly quickly beginning another high profile relationship, Dara's father understandably seems to be in even more of a tempest of emotions.

The over-speculation about Bea and Edo is not uncommon among pesky tabloids and royal observers. Added to the heated speculation is the fact that Princess Beatrice's sister and her cousin both got married this year; and Bea is also in her early 30s after recently breaking off a 10-year relationship. Therefore, she may be hoping to settle down soon. But yes, relationships being what they are, we have no idea what will eventually transpire.

Edo is very attractive, in a pretty-boy kind of way. Hopefully, he has the strength of character and mature solidity that Beatrice needs, and not just the looks and the right family.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Also, it looks like from reports that Edo and Dara had broken up last summer, but may still have been sharing living arrangements off and on due to mutually caring for their child. Apparently, Dara only recently revealed to her parents, her split from Edo. Plus her father seems to have been upset in the first place because Dara became pregnant without the couple giving any serious consideration to marrying. After the split, and Edo fairly quickly beginning another high profile relationship, Dara's father understandably seems to be in even more of a tempest of emotions.
With Dara, it may have been a case of her biological clock ticking, and she didn't want to wait any longer.

I hope things do move more quickly for Beatrice, because the last thing she needs is another relationship dragging out for years, and ending in ashes.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Majesty

And how old is Dara?
Old 01-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And how old is Dara?
37. Born in 1981.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

If the families have known each other for some time why couldn't Bea bring Edo for Sandringham Christmas? The rules were bent for Meghan. With the Cambridge/Sussex "feud" was there fear of press focus on another "scandal"?
Old 01-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Majesty

But Harry and Meghan were already engaged, weren't they?
Old 01-06-2019, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
But Harry and Meghan were already engaged, weren't they?
Yes, they were. They announced in November of that year.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
If the families have known each other for some time why couldn't Bea bring Edo for Sandringham Christmas? The rules were bent for Meghan. With the Cambridge/Sussex "feud" was there fear of press focus on another "scandal"?
I don't think Edo would want to join the royal family for Christmas after he just started dating Beatrice a few months earlier. And Edo has known the Ferguson and York family for quite some time not the broader royal family.

As pointed out, Harry and Meghan were engaged. When Meghan was just Harry's girlfriend (in 2016) she didn't join either - even though Harry had made it clear that she was his girlfriend by issuing a statement; while Beatrice has been low profile about/not confirmed her relationship with Edo.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
Beatrice and Edo photographed together in Kenya Lamu and of course the dailymail is still throwing shade at her
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tted-time.html
See eya's post yesterday.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Nobility

^ thanks, I would just like to say ,I told you all they were dating,
;p but none believed me :P
Old 01-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Ah; at last we get the news we were hoping for! I hope that the relationship works out and that the two end up being right for each other.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's always nice when you can proof you were right
Old 01-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Royal Highness

I know Harry and Meghan were engaged but beforehand even fiancées weren't invited to Sandringham. But I am thinking about the boy. He was not a child from a previous marriage ; he was born out of wedlock. The press being what it is will be savage towards the child if Bea and Edo get married. Does he get a title? Does Bea legally adopt him? Will he put in the line of succession, which I believe would take an act of Parliament? I can see the traditionalists raising a stink on all three.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If it should come to pass that Beatrice and Edo marry, I am of the mind that Edo's son will be in a similar situation to Marius Borg Hoiby of Norway. Mette-Marit was a single mother when she met and married Crown Prince Haakon.

From what I know, Marius has been totally accepted but not adopted into the Norwegian Royal Family but does not hold a title or is in the line of succession. This is what I would picture happening to Edo's son should Edo and Beatrice marry.

As Jack Brooksbank was not offered a title to pass down to any children that he and Eugenie may have, I believe it will be the same with Beatrice when she marries regardless of who she marries. I also see both Beatrice and Edo encouraging the child to know and love and interact with his mother and her family.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-06-2019, 07:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I definitely DID believe you!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I know Harry and Meghan were engaged but beforehand even fiancées weren't invited to Sandringham. But I am thinking about the boy. He was not a child from a previous marriage ; he was born out of wedlock. The press being what it is will be savage towards the child if Bea and Edo get married. Does he get a title? Does Bea legally adopt him? Will he put in the line of succession, which I believe would take an act of Parliament? I can see the traditionalists raising a stink on all three.
The child has a mother, why would Beatrice adopt him.

Allowing adopted children to have a place in succession would mean a change in laws. Why would they change the laws for a stepson of someone as far down the line as Beatrice is? It would be different if in the future George and his wife were unable to have kids, or even if the heir was gay, and they wanted to make some provision then. But certainly no need here.

Eugenie and Jack got no titles. Unless Jack turned it down, no reason to think Edo would get one. And if he did, reasonably the title would be expected to pass to his kids with Bea. Among the aristocracy there is at least one title whose heir has older full siblings because the older siblings were born before the parents married. And these are biological children, not step kids.

If they marry his son will likely be like Marius. He will be happily accepted into the family and be at private events. But a private citizen. He is still a small child, different then the only other Royal stepkids, Camillas kids.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:05 PM
Aristocracy

I see a lot of comparisons to the Marius situation, but will it really even get that far? By that I mean Marius has interest in him because his mother and sister are future Queens of Norway (one as consort, other as regnant). By contrast, most Brits couldn't pick Bea out of a line-up without that famous hat from William's wedding and neither she nor her children are expected to be full-time royals.

Even if Edo & Bea marry his son will live a relatively normal life because (besides Christmas at Sandringham and Trooping the Color) Beatrice's kids are destined for a normal life. No one in the media will be following Edo's son long-term unless he ends up being best-buddies with one of the Cambridge kids and is part of their set.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:24 PM
Courtier

There are already step children in the BRF. Camilla's two, obviously, and the son of Gary Lewis who married Davina Windsor. They are not in the line of succession and they are afforded a lot of privacy.

Closed Thread