Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I am not sufficiently familiar with Edo's backstory as I only follow this thread occasionally. Doesn't the child live with the biological mother ? I don't see the connection you are trying to make between the existence of a child from a previous relationship and Beatrice and Edo having to take their time to move in together.
IMO any parent with a child from a previously relationship should think carefully before introducing a new partner to their child.

Sorry, but I am not sufficiently familiar with Edo's backstory as I only follow this thread occasionally. Doesn't the child live with the biological mother ? I don't see the connection you are trying to make between the existence of a child from a previous relationship and Beatrice and Edo having to take their time to move in together.

Whether Wolfie lives with his mother or not, Edo is still his father. Anyone his father marries will be in Wolfie's life. One would hope that Edo would not parade a string of women through his son's life. Its one thing to date a lot when a single parent. But introducing his son to those dates are another matter. If Beatrice becomes Wolfie's stepmother, hopefully the marriage lasts. Children that young tend to bond, would be hard.

Its not a case of Wolfie's mother having sole custody and Wolfie not being a part of the equation.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, I think he's using her but only time will tell.

According to the earlier media reports, Edo's son Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi lives with his father.

Given that there is a child involved I hope they take their time to figure out whether this truly is 'for life'.

And that's the acid test to see if this relationship is going the distance. Bea is going to meet Ego's son.

Whether Wolfie lives with his mother or not, Edo is still his father. Anyone his father marries will be in Wolfie's life. One would hope that Edo would not parade a string of women through his son's life. Its one thing to date a lot when a single parent. But introducing his son to those dates are another matter. If Beatrice becomes Wolfie's stepmother, hopefully the marriage lasts. Children that young tend to bond, would be hard.

Its not a case of Wolfie's mother having sole custody and Wolfie not being a part of the equation.

How close is Edo to Woolfie anyway ? Again, I am not sufficiently familiar with his backstory, but I am assuming they are probably not close considering that Edo and the child's mother seem to have broken up in non-amicable terms.

In any case, Beatrice won't be Woolfie's stepmother. A stepmother , at least for me (not the dictionary definition), is someone who is married to the biological father and raises his child in the absence of the child's mother. Wolfie has a mother of his own who, I assume, is raising him and, therefore, has no need for a stepmother.

Furthermore, whether Edo and Beatrice's relationship will be "for life" or not, the fact that they are moving in together and might get married signals it is intended to be more than a casual fling. The likelihood that Woolfie will be introduced, even if casually, to multiple women whom his father is dating is therefore much lower if he moves in with Beatrice and is in a monogamous relationship with her. Otherwise, I would expect someone like Edo to really have multiple dates and a promiscuous life, which could have an impact on his child.

Last edited:
How close is Edo to Wolfie anyway ? Again, I am not sufficiently familiar with his backstory, but I am assuming they are probably not close considering that Edo and the child's mother seem to have broken up in non-amicable terms.

As Wolfie is reportedly living with his father, not his mother, I would assume that father and son remain close regardless of the relationship between the parents.

[Wolfie's mother] Dara, a highly successful architect, only moved out of the family home in London at the end of last month. […]

Dara's mother Lily claimed her daughter initially left their young son in Edo's London flat along with the family nanny.

She added that Dara 'now comes back early from her work and goes to see Wolfie so she can give him a bath before he goes to bed at seven or eight. […]

How close is Edo to Wolfie anyway ? Again, I am not sufficiently familiar with his backstory, but I am assuming they are probably not close considering that Edo and the child's mother seem to have broken up in non-amicable terms.

In any case, Beatrice won't be Wolfie's stepmother. A stepmother , at least for me (not the dictionary definition), is someone who is married to the biological father and raises his child in the absence of the child's mother. Wolfie has a mother of his own who, I assume, is raising him and, therefore, has no need for a stepmother.

Furthermore, whether Edo and Beatrice's relationship will be "for life" or not, the fact that they are moving in together and might get married signals it is intended to be more than a casual fling. The likelihood that Wolfie will be introduced, even if casually, to multiple women whom his father is dating is therefore much lower if he moves in with Beatrice and is in a monogamous relationship with her. Otherwise, I would expect someone like Edo to really have multiple dates and a promiscuous life, which could have an impact on his child.

I couldn’t care less if Beatrice marries her current boyfriend. But just want to point out the comments about children that grow up with parents who are no longer together and how inaccurate some of the comments are here. If Beatrice marries Edo, she is his son’s stepmother. Period. Whether he has his mother or not. Stepmother is defined as his father’s wife who is not his biological mother.

As for questioning if Edo is close to his son just because his parents seem to have hard feelings when they broke up. Unfortunately, a lot of kids have parents who aren’t on the beat or even amicable terms when they break up and feelings are still raw. It doesn’t mean the child can only be close to one parent in that case. If I remember correctly, Wolfie lived with his father when his parents first broke up and his mother still came to his father’s place to put him to bed. Granted, this might be wrong as I just skimmed very few articles during that whole back and forth when the relationship first came to light.

As Wolfie is reportedly living with his father, not his mother, I would assume that father and son remain close regardless of the relationship between the parents.

OK, that changes my previous reasoning. That is why I insisted so much on the point that I wasn't sufficiently familiar with his background.

If the child is going to live primarily with Beatrice and Edo, then Beatrice becomes a true stepmother and they have to take that into consideration before moving in together. It is as much a big deal for her as it is for the boy.

If I remember correctly, Wolfie lived with his father when his parents first broke up and his mother still came to his father’s place to put him to bed. Granted, this might be wrong as I just skimmed very few articles during that whole back and forth when the relationship first came to light.

That seems to be what the article quoted above is saying.

How close is Edo to Woolfie anyway ? Again, I am not sufficiently familiar with his backstory, but I am assuming they are probably not close considering that Edo and the child's mother seem to have broken up in non-amicable terms.

In any case, Beatrice won't be Woolfie's stepmother. A stepmother , at least for me (not the dictionary definition), is someone who is married to the biological father and raises his child in the absence of the child's mother. Wolfie has a mother of his own who, I assume, is raising him and, therefore, has no need for a stepmother.

Furthermore, whether Edo and Beatrice's relationship will be "for life" or not, the fact that they are moving in together and might get married signals it is intended to be more than a casual fling. The likelihood that Woolfie will be introduced, even if casually, to multiple women whom his father is dating is therefore much lower if he moves in with Beatrice and is in a monogamous relationship with her. Otherwise, I would expect someone like Edo to really have multiple dates and a promiscuous life, which could have an impact on his child.

A lot of assumptions. Were Harry and William not close to their dad because of their parent's messy divorce :ermm:

Is this the 18th century where dating is being promiscuous :bang: Single parents date all of the time. Nothing wrong with that. If Edo introduced his son to every girlfriend that would be an issue. If he had the women coming in and out of their home living with them, that would be an issue. Him dating different women is in no way promiscuous.

As for stepmother, since when does stepmother denote a replacement :eek:

Many children have both step-parents and biological parents in their lives. Marius in Norway is a great case. Haakon is a wonderful stepfather. Marius not only has a living father, but a living father who is very much in his life.

Your parent's spouse is going to be a part of your life plain and simple. Whether both your parents are alive or not. A stepmother is simply the new wife of your dad. That is what Beatrice would be. No replacement to his mother but a very real position in the life of the child.

Whether Wolfie has a need of a stepmother means nothing. If his father feels a desire to marry, Wolfie will have a stepmother.

I couldn’t care less if Beatrice marries her current boyfriend. But just want to point out the comments about children that grow up with parents who are no longer together and how inaccurate some of the comments are here. If Beatrice marries Edo, she is his son’s stepmother. Period. Whether he has his mother or not. Stepmother is defined as his father’s wife who is not his biological mother.

Yes, that is the dictionary definition, but I made a point that the dictionary definition has nuances to many people. For many children, there is a big difference between "the woman who is married to my father and whom I see occasionally on weekends when visiting him", and "the woman who is married to my father and whom I live with on a permanent basis, either because my biological mother is missing or has been denied custody over me". Most people I know in those situations call the latter their true stepmothers, whereas the former are simply "my father's wife" or, sometimes, even "the woman who lives my father". Again, personal experience here.

In any case, Woolfie lives with Edo so that changes the equation.

A lot of assumptions. Were Harry and William not close to their dad because of their parent's messy divorce :ermm:

Is this the 18th century where dating is being promiscuous :bang: Single parents date all of the time. Nothing wrong with that. If Edo introduced his son to every girlfriend that would be an issue. If he had the women coming in and out of their home living with them, that would be an issue. Him dating different women is in no way promiscuous.

As for stepmother, since when does stepmother denote a replacement :eek:

Many children have both step-parents and biological parents in their lives. Marius in Norway is a great case. Haakon is a wonderful stepfather. Marius not only has a living father, but a living father who is very much in his life.

It is pointless to argue because we have different POVs. Haakon of course is Marius' stepfather as he raised him, paid for his education and quasi-royal upbringing, and is even getting him jobs these days. Yes, he was a de facto replacement for his biological father even if the biological father was part of Marius' life.

On your other point, I was just commenting that your reasoning is illogical. If you are concerned that Edo should not parade multiple women in front of his son, then the best solution is for him to get settled with one woman, e.g. Beatrice, for the foresseable future (we can't guarantee it will be "for life" and that is not necessary). The fact that Edo lives with Woolfie makes it even worse if he brings multiple dates home and they meet his son. And, yes, a man who dates multiple women and has frequent casual flings is promiscuous, especially at Edo's age.

Last edited:
It has been done before but I highly doubt this is the case with Beatrice and Edo. Whilst they do seem to be getting on very well, it still seems too early for them to live with each other. I think around winter this year or early 2020 is more of a predictable time for them to move in with each other if their relationship continues to go well.

The reports of the child living with his father date from when the parents split up & his mother was looking for somewhere else to live. As far as I know, there have been no reports about the child's living arrangements since then so he could be living with his mother by now or sharing his time between both parents.

It has been done before but I highly doubt this is the case with Beatrice and Edo. Whilst they do seem to be getting on very well, it still seems too early for them to live with each other. I think around winter this year or early 2020 is more of a predictable time for them to move in with each other if their relationship continues to go well.

Perhaps, but I think that, after Dave Clark, Beatrice is not in the mood for another long-term relationship.

Yes, that is the dictionary definition, but I made a point that the dictionary definition has nuances to many people. For many children, there is a big difference between "the woman who is married to my father and whom I see occasionally on weekends when visiting him", and "the woman who is married to my father and whom I live with on a permanent basis, either because my biological mother is missing or has been denied custody over me". Most people I know in those situations call the latter their true stepmothers, whereas the former are simply "my father's wife" or, sometimes, even "the woman who lives my father". Again, personal experience here.

In any case, Woolfie lives with Edo so that changes the equation.

It is pointless to argue because we have different POVs. Haakon of course is Marius' stepfather as he raised him, paid for his education and quasi-royal upbringing, and is even getting him jobs these days. Yes, he was a de facto replacement for his biological father even if the biological father was part of Marius' life.

On your other point, I was just commenting that your reasoning is illogical. If you are concerned that Edo should not parade multiple women in front of his son, then the best solution is for him to get settled with one woman, e.g. Beatrice, for the foresseable future (we can't guarantee it will be "for life" and that is not necessary). The fact that Edo lives with Woolfie makes it even worse if he brings multiple dates home and they meet his son. And, yes, a man who dates multiple women and has frequent casual flings is promiscuous, especially at Edo's age.

Yes it is pointless to argue with someone who Invents their own dictionary to suit their purpose. Perhaps one day you will publish your dictionary :whistling:

Until the day you publish a dictionary recognized, I will go by the legal definition of a stepmother:

By definition (the Cambridge English dictionary)

B2 the woman who is married to someone's father but who is not their real mother

Simple as that. Nothing about raising the child. Simple marriage to the father. :flowers:

Now what they call their stepmother may be based on their relationship. Like if your mother died or is not in the picture, and your stepmother raised you, may end up calling her Mom. Others, like when their mother is very much alive or if their dad got married when they were adults, would call the woman by her first name. That is another matter all together. No one here is suggesting that Beatrice would become Mom to the kid.

Marius had a dad not a 'biological father'. A dad who was very active in his life. He was lucky, he had a dad and a stepdad, both who took an active role in his upbringing. Some kids aren't fortunate to even have one. Haakon doesn't diminish the role that Marius' father had in his life.

My reasoning isn't illogical. Your idea of dating seems to date back to the dark ages.

If Edo was sleeping with different women every night, that would be promiscuous. If he was going on dates, not settling down with woman, that is well being Single. He is 34, not 50. He doesn't have to date for the purpose of marriage. He can have fun and date until he finds the right one.

Nor would he be parading the women infront of his son. No one said he would bring the date home. He could take her out for dinner when his son was with a baby-sitter or with his mom.

Single parents do it every day. Most single parents don't introduce their children to every date. They introduce them when they have become more serious and see a future with them. If he is moving in with Bea, he is obviously serious. And unless he only wees Wolfie in public, Wolfie obviously would meet Beatrice.

The LOGICAL point me and several posters made, before he introduces Wolfie to Beatrice, it would be best he was serious and planning a continued relationship with her first.

Perhaps, but I think that, after Dave Clark, Beatrice is not in the mood for another long-term relationship.
Why not? They split in 2016, she's been single for a few years and is now 30. It's not unreasonable at all for her to start a life with someone else.

If Wolfie lives with his father Edo, where is he now that his father Edo has supposedly has moved in with Princess Beatrice at St. James's Palace? Is Wolfie back with his mother?

Why not? They split in 2016, she's been single for a few years and is now 30. It's not unreasonable at all for her to start a life with someone else.

No, I meant a relationship that drags on and on, and doesn't segue into marriage.
That's why I think that, IF she marries Edo, it will be sooner rather than later.

No, I meant a relationship that drags on and on, and doesn't segue into marriage.
That's why I think that, IF she marries Edo, it will be sooner rather than later.
Aha :flowers:
I can see that. Many couples who are in a similar situation (adults, have their own space etc.) move in and get married faster. If you're sure, you're sure and there's nothing much that holds them back.

I don't see this relationship going for as long as it did with David Clark either way. Not because anything to do with her last relationship, but things are a bit different when you are dating in your 30s than early 20s. You don't need that long to know.

I don't expect any announcement this year (and given his money and likely nice flat why would he move in with her?) ..but I could see one after the one year point or early next year. If there's one to be made.

LaRae

Sometimes that can happen and then the next relationship goes so well and happen quickly that the couple naturally ends up living together. I know quite a few people who said they never wanted to get married for a long time but met the perfect person and ended up completely forgetting their personal morals :D We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't expect any announcement this year (and given his money and likely nice flat why would he move in with her?) ..but I could see one after the one year point or early next year. If there's one to be made.

LaRae

He was originally described as living in a one-bedroom flat.
The one at St. James that Beatrice once shared with Eugenie is a four-bedroom, so perhaps it is just more convenient?

He was originally described as living in a one-bedroom flat.
The one at St. James that Beatrice once shared with Eugenie is a four-bedroom, so perhaps it is just more convenient?
I assume the press knows where Edo’s flat is and have at times staked it out hoping for shots of Beatrice, Edo, Wolfie, Wolfie’s mom, etc. to run stories/photos such as the articles/photos of Pippa bicycling to do errands or walking the dogs while pushing a pram that we see every other day.
My bet is that the couple when in London spend time at Beatrice’s place in St. James because they are protected from the paps there. That doesn’t mean that Edo has let his place go - just that when his gf is in town he stays at her place rather than she at his.

LaRae

Remember until shortly before he was with Beatrice, he was living with Wolfia and his mom in a shared home. They both shared the home after. It hasn't been long since then, for him to have become really settled into a new place.

There is also the consideration of security for Beatrice. Living at St James is far easier on those grounds.

They will have to consider what they want as a future home if they marry, but for now (if the story is true) it makes sense for both of them.

Why do you not trust him?

He comes across as very showy and eager for the limelight. I get the feeling he's more interested in what the royal connection can do for him than he is in her whereas Jack Brooksbank dosn't give me that impression at all. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Perhaps that is not what we are seeing. When Beatrice was first with Dave it was very discreet and she was very young, now she is a mature woman and she knows what she wants and doesn't want.

Skulking around for months, is not it! I believe that she is just going to live her life and he is part of it and everyone else is just going to have to deal.

He's not pushing himself forward, he's standing beside her and that's where the cameras are, so for her sake I hope you are wrong.

Last edited:
He comes across as very showy and eager for the limelight. I get the feeling he's more interested in what the royal connection can do for him than he is in her whereas Jack Brooksbank dosn't give me that impression at all. Time will tell.

I know what you mean.
When Beatrice was with Dave Clark, he never looked at her but only at the cameras.
I hope Edo isn't another Dave, but I get the impression that he is.

Let's hope we are both mistaken. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom