Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 17: June 2017-July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from attending the Commonwealth Business Forum Princess Beatrice also attended the Commonwealth Pitch at Palace at St. James Palace

Bearice out for the dinner with a friend on 18 April

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/369133857

Princess Beatrice attends today at the Queen’s national scout parade at Windsor Castle, for the first time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbZcEK2V4AE5xuw.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbZcELsVQAAsEOu.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4OaLmHvMU/?taken-by=sarahferguson15

Princess Beatrice is on holidays in Jordan with a group of friends.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/trave...beatrice-holiday-ellie-goulding-karlie-kloss/

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an interesting engagement for her, she looks lovely.

I wonder if this engagement will be listed on the court circular

Maybe.

In past years the royal attending has been listed in the CC e.g. 2013 - Kate and 2012 MN The Queen.

I would be shocked if not in the CC. This is not one of her 'private patronages'. She is attending as a royal member. She does appear in the CC for these kinds of events usually.

Was great seeing her at the commonwealth events. She has been quite involved with her father's pitch@palace over the past few years when in the UK (even travels with him for it). Its great seeing her being involved in such intitiatives. Wish she would get some more attention for it.

She looks lovely at the scout event.

She looked just lovely at the scout event. She always appears quite 'at home' doing the odd Royal engagement; i do wish she was full time, or at least some of the time, rather than just occasionally. I always remember her at the Maundy service in York, where she looked just gorgeous. I always get the impression she'd like to do Royal work, unlike pcs Eugenie who seems happy in her own job doing her own thing.

She looked just lovely at the scout event. She always appears quite 'at home' doing the odd Royal engagement; i do wish she was full time, or at least some of the time, rather than just occasionally. I always remember her at the Maundy service in York, where she looked just gorgeous. I always get the impression she'd like to do Royal work, unlike pcs Eugenie who seems happy in her own job doing her own thing.

Exactly, Bea seems like the one who likes royal engagements and would do it full time, while Eugenie likes the support she can give to people but also would like to live a semi-normal life.

:previous: I am unsure of how many or how often Princess Beatrice has performed Royal Engagement except that Maundy Service where she looked so terrific, but I'm wondering if HM is having a rethink of the places they York girls do or don't have in the BRF.

Both York girls were at the CHOGM Gala Dinner which, to my knowledge, is a first, and both popped up at various CHOGM events. Now we have Beatrice looking lovely and performing yet another Royal Engagement. Interesting times.

:previous: I am unsure of how many or how often Princess Beatrice has performed Royal Engagement except that Maundy Service where she looked so terrific, but I'm wondering if HM is having a rethink of the places they York girls do or don't have in the BRF.

Both York girls were at the CHOGM Gala Dinner which, to my knowledge, is a first, and both popped up at various CHOGM events. Now we have Beatrice looking lovely and performing yet another Royal Engagement. Interesting times.

True, but I don't think it will be up to the Queen.

She appears to be leaving such decisions to Charles.
Things seem in a holding pattern, with major decisions ceded to Charles.

This Scout event however did not appear in the CC this year.

The April 22nd CC only had the Marathon - started by The Queen and Harry handing out prizes.

This is what I find unfair - if Kate does it she gets a mention in the CC but if Beatrice or Eugenie do it doesn't. The Scouts therefore don't get the mention in the CC this year because it was Beatrice whereas if it has been Alexandra or Birgitte or Sophie it would have been.

I think if the event was in the CC last year then whichever royal does it this year it should be in the CC - not so much for the royal but for the organisation that was the focus of the event.

:previous: But CC entries are intended to record the working royal that carried out the engagement, not event based. So if Beatrice usually don’t get credit for this type of thing, then she won’t here. It probably has to do with if they are officially working royals or not. If no royals attended today, they still wouldn’t get a mention in CC because CC isn’t intended to be event based.

My point is that a royal DID attend but because of which royal attended it didn't get into the CC.

That means that the organisation also doesn't get the exposure that a mention in the CC brings, which is a major reason for having a royal attend the events - to bring attention to the organisation e.g. when Kate attended their was world wide coverage and an entry in the CC. This year no coverage because it was Beatrice.

If she was in the CC for events like this - ones that see Kate or other royal women get a mention then she should also get a mention.

This wasn't simply doing something with her father but one that for many years was personally done by The Queen but this year no mention.

Bad luck for the Scouts - they miss their annual mention in the CC because they had the bad luck to be assigned Beatrice this year instead of Sophie or Camilla or Alexandra.

The CC is to record the official work of the BRF. An event is now to be seen as an official event one year and the following year the exact same event isn't an official event because of which royal turns up. When the CC was established ALL events that any royal attended in a public/official capacity were recorded. It is only in the later half of HM's reign that there has been this distinction between 'working royals' and 'non-working royals' created in the media.

Last edited:
I think CC is irrelevant for coverage to promote the organization really. I don't know that many people that check CC regularly. Even royal watchers. Let alone those that only read royal news when it's in the headline. As for coverage, that's an entirely different issue.

This Scout event however did not appear in the CC this year.

The April 22nd CC only had the Marathon - started by The Queen and Harry handing out prizes.

This is what I find unfair - if Kate does it she gets a mention in the CC but if Beatrice or Eugenie do it doesn't. The Scouts therefore don't get the mention in the CC this year because it was Beatrice whereas if it has been Alexandra or Birgitte or Sophie it would have been.

I think if the event was in the CC last year then whichever royal does it this year it should be in the CC - not so much for the royal but for the organisation that was the focus of the event.

I quite agree. And this is for me the strongest evidence that Bea and Eug are not wanted as working royals. It means they are not often assigned official royal appearances. Whether this is due to family considerations, lack of need for extra hands, desire to control agendas or something else, we do not know. Life is rarely fair, IMO.

I just thought of another possible reason. The York girls are portrayed in the media (well Beatrice at least) as being on permanent vacations and living the high life. This would cause an uproar should they become "official" working royals for the "Firm" and we'd hear screaming and bleating about "tax payer's money" paying for partying clear out to the planet Neptune.

It may be that should the need arise and the Firm needs Beatrice and/or Eugenie, it might happen after they've married and settled down.

Who knows?

I just thought of another possible reason. The York girls are portrayed in the media (well Beatrice at least) as being on permanent vacations and living the high life. This would cause an uproar should they become "official" working royals for the "Firm" and we'd hear screaming and bleating about "tax payer's money" paying for partying clear out to the planet Neptune.

It may be that should the need arise and the Firm needs Beatrice and/or Eugenie, it might happen after they've married and settled down.

Who knows?

Doubt it. It'd actually be good for their image if they found a purpose like Harry did with IG in the public arena. Remember Harry was once known for his partying ways more than his royal duties. And if they had official roles in the BRF, they'd actually be more protected than they are now. When was the last time we saw a picture of William or Harry on vacation? We know they take them. Although, not having a personal (publicly available) social media account or your friends posting pictures with you on vacation helps.

Doubt it. It'd actually be good for their image if they found a purpose like Harry did with IG in the public arena. Remember Harry was once known for his partying ways more than his royal duties. And if they had official roles in the BRF, they'd actually be more protected than they are now. When was the last time we saw a picture of William or Harry on vacation? We know they take them. Although, not having a personal (publicly available) social media account or your friends posting pictures with you on vacation helps.
Princess Eugenie in addition to her full-time job has been working with organizations fighting human trafficking - that's a pretty substantial cause. Princess Beatrice has her dyslexia and learning disabilities work and other causes. The tabloids would rather write about their weekend getaways...

William was likely actually seen on vacation more recent then either York. And by that I mean actually on vacation. Skiing.

The problem is that the media only harasses the Yorks when they can turn it into a 'vacation' story or when they can turn it into partying. Or better yet, both.

If people stopped looking through the booze glasses that the DM paints them with, they would see that.

Cause like IG? How about Big Change. Beatrice is one of the founders of the charity with the likes of Sam and Holly Branson. Many of her trips, and her work in the US, is involved with Big Change.

https://www.big-change.org/big-changers/

One of the big fundraisers for it, are strive competitions. When they do big challenges like triathalons or climbing the matterhorn. They raise money for their programs through it. Many of the 'vacations' Beatrice goes on, are actually Strive challenges. She regularily competes in these events to raise money and awareness. Like a triathalon in Italy.

Or we the We organization?? Bea works closely with Holly in We as well. We saw her at the We day event in Toronto, the same time Harry was there for the IG. She was in New York recently for a book signing related to the charity. But of course that was a 'vacation' in the media.

Take a look at social media. You will find photos of trips that never get any coverage. Like when she went to India for a week to help promote an eye health charity she works with.

Heck she was in NY presenting an award for the UN. And you know what the DM wrote about? She went out for dinner with a designer.

As long as the BRF gives them no PR for their work, the DM will continue to paint them as party girls. And people will continue to fail to look past that.

Not to mention Bea's work with her dad and his pitch@palace campaign to help young entrepeneurs. She even travels with him for some of it.

And Eugenie the party princess. Oh forget unlike her cousins, her patronages and charity work are not her JOB. She actually has a job, a full time position with an art gallery. And yet she still balances a number of patronages like her sister. Including the orthopedic hospital and such relations due to her own health. And has now become very active in the past year with the modern slavery campaign.

Many of her 'vacations' are work trips. When she was in Florida 'on vacation' and shown at parties, she was there for an art exhibition her gallery was helping to run in Florida that week.

Last edited:
@ Countess thanx for all that wonderful info on Beatrice and Eugenie's charity work; they seem to do quite a bit and unlike their cousins they aren't obligated to do so.

@ Countess thanx for all that wonderful info on Beatrice and Eugenie's charity work; they seem to do quite a bit and unlike their cousins they aren't obligated to do so.

In fact, Beatrice has 12 patronages, only 6 less than Harry and 4 less than Kate.

William was likely actually seen on vacation more recent then either York. And by that I mean actually on vacation. Skiing.

The problem is that the media only harasses the Yorks when they can turn it into a 'vacation' story or when they can turn it into partying. Or better yet, both.

If people stopped looking through the booze glasses that the DM paints them with, they would see that.

Cause like IG? How about Big Change. Beatrice is one of the founders of the charity with the likes of Sam and Holly Branson. Many of her trips, and her work in the US, is involved with Big Change.

https://www.big-change.org/big-changers/

One of the big fundraisers for it, are strive competitions. When they do big challenges like triathalons or climbing the matterhorn. They raise money for their programs through it. Many of the 'vacations' Beatrice goes on, are actually Strive challenges. She regularily competes in these events to raise money and awareness. Like a triathalon in Italy.

Or we the We organization?? Bea works closely with Holly in We as well. We saw her at the We day event in Toronto, the same time Harry was there for the IG. She was in New York recently for a book signing related to the charity. But of course that was a 'vacation' in the media.

Take a look at social media. You will find photos of trips that never get any coverage. Like when she went to India for a week to help promote an eye health charity she works with.

Heck she was in NY presenting an award for the UN. And you know what the DM wrote about? She went out for dinner with a designer.

As long as the BRF gives them no PR for their work, the DM will continue to paint them as party girls. And people will continue to fail to look past that.

Not to mention Bea's work with her dad and his pitch@palace campaign to help young entrepeneurs. She even travels with him for some of it.

And Eugenie the party princess. Oh forget unlike her cousins, her patronages and charity work are not her JOB. She actually has a job, a full time position with an art gallery. And yet she still balances a number of patronages like her sister. Including the orthopedic hospital and such relations due to her own health. And has now become very active in the past year with the modern slavery campaign.

Many of her 'vacations' are work trips. When she was in Florida 'on vacation' and shown at parties, she was there for an art exhibition her gallery was helping to run in Florida that week.[/QUOTE

Thank you for posting this. I share the belief that the rags have nothing better to do than criticize Beatrice and Eugenie -- both of whom look and act like very respectable members of the royal family.

It's only a matter of time before the rags start treating both Harry and Meaghan this way especially now that Harry is, for all intents and purposes, no longer necessary to maintain the monarchy.

Oh, and by the way, the York sisters are princesses of the royal blood and their work and efforts should be respected as such.

True. Remember all the media attention when Arthur Landon posted a picture of Harry passed out in the sand during their Necker Island vacation? I think Harry's friends learned their lesson after that ordeal. Beatrice's friends will either learn the need for discretion for her benefit, or they can use her for extra publicity if she's okay with it. Beatrice might not have a problem with her wanderlust reputation. For her, her adventures around the globe and her wide array of friends might be something that brings her great happiness. To where she sees criticism as just the envious being taunted by the tabloids.

Isn’t Beatrice on holiday as speak? I thought there were pics on social media of her and Karlie Kloss and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom