Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice spotted on March 10 to have lunch in London with a friend

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0365748948.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0365748958.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0365748966.jpg

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/365748948

Old 03-22-2018, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Beatrice and Holly Branson attended the 'WEconomy' book launch in New York City yesterday, March 21:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 03-22-2018, 03:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Beatrice and Holly Branson attended the 'WEconomy' book launch in New York City yesterday, March 21:

** gettyimages gallery **
Holly, who is co-chair of We UK, is one of the authors of the book.

WEconomy Book: Finding meaning, make a living and change the world.

Beatrice is highly involved in the We charity, due to its association with Big Change which Bea is one of the founders of with Holly and Sam Branson.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Princess Beatrice took part in an event for the Commonwealth Business Forum today.
Beatrice had been involved in a number of things over the years to promote women in Technology & Entrepreneurship/Startups.
https://twitter.com/juliadeans/statu...86876811907074

https://twitter.com/EricLBush/status/985888503149015041
Old 04-16-2018, 02:35 PM
Nobility

Apart from attending the Commonwealth Business Forum Princess Beatrice also attended the Commonwealth Pitch at Palace at St. James Palace
Old 04-18-2018, 05:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about Beatrice's latest engagement have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-44645.html thread.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bearice out for the dinner with a friend on 18 April

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/369133857

Princess Beatrice attends today at the Queen’s national scout parade at Windsor Castle, for the first time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbZcEK2V4AE5xuw.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbZcELsVQAAsEOu.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4OaLmH...arahferguson15

Princess Beatrice is on holidays in Jordan with a group of friends.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/travel...-karlie-kloss/
Old 04-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That's an interesting engagement for her, she looks lovely.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Nobility

I wonder if this engagement will be listed on the court circular
Old 04-22-2018, 08:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe.

In past years the royal attending has been listed in the CC e.g. 2013 - Kate and 2012 MN The Queen.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would be shocked if not in the CC. This is not one of her 'private patronages'. She is attending as a royal member. She does appear in the CC for these kinds of events usually.

Was great seeing her at the commonwealth events. She has been quite involved with her father's pitch@palace over the past few years when in the UK (even travels with him for it). Its great seeing her being involved in such intitiatives. Wish she would get some more attention for it.

She looks lovely at the scout event.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:05 PM
Courtier

She looked just lovely at the scout event. She always appears quite 'at home' doing the odd Royal engagement; i do wish she was full time, or at least some of the time, rather than just occasionally. I always remember her at the Maundy service in York, where she looked just gorgeous. I always get the impression she'd like to do Royal work, unlike pcs Eugenie who seems happy in her own job doing her own thing.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
She looked just lovely at the scout event. She always appears quite 'at home' doing the odd Royal engagement; i do wish she was full time, or at least some of the time, rather than just occasionally. I always remember her at the Maundy service in York, where she looked just gorgeous. I always get the impression she'd like to do Royal work, unlike pcs Eugenie who seems happy in her own job doing her own thing.
Exactly, Bea seems like the one who likes royal engagements and would do it full time, while Eugenie likes the support she can give to people but also would like to live a semi-normal life.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Majesty

I am unsure of how many or how often Princess Beatrice has performed Royal Engagement except that Maundy Service where she looked so terrific, but I'm wondering if HM is having a rethink of the places they York girls do or don't have in the BRF.

Both York girls were at the CHOGM Gala Dinner which, to my knowledge, is a first, and both popped up at various CHOGM events. Now we have Beatrice looking lovely and performing yet another Royal Engagement. Interesting times.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am unsure of how many or how often Princess Beatrice has performed Royal Engagement except that Maundy Service where she looked so terrific, but I'm wondering if HM is having a rethink of the places they York girls do or don't have in the BRF.

Both York girls were at the CHOGM Gala Dinner which, to my knowledge, is a first, and both popped up at various CHOGM events. Now we have Beatrice looking lovely and performing yet another Royal Engagement. Interesting times.

True, but I don't think it will be up to the Queen.

She appears to be leaving such decisions to Charles.
Things seem in a holding pattern, with major decisions ceded to Charles.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

This Scout event however did not appear in the CC this year.

The April 22nd CC only had the Marathon - started by The Queen and Harry handing out prizes.

This is what I find unfair - if Kate does it she gets a mention in the CC but if Beatrice or Eugenie do it doesn't. The Scouts therefore don't get the mention in the CC this year because it was Beatrice whereas if it has been Alexandra or Birgitte or Sophie it would have been.

I think if the event was in the CC last year then whichever royal does it this year it should be in the CC - not so much for the royal but for the organisation that was the focus of the event.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

But CC entries are intended to record the working royal that carried out the engagement, not event based. So if Beatrice usually don’t get credit for this type of thing, then she won’t here. It probably has to do with if they are officially working royals or not. If no royals attended today, they still wouldn’t get a mention in CC because CC isn’t intended to be event based.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

My point is that a royal DID attend but because of which royal attended it didn't get into the CC.

That means that the organisation also doesn't get the exposure that a mention in the CC brings, which is a major reason for having a royal attend the events - to bring attention to the organisation e.g. when Kate attended their was world wide coverage and an entry in the CC. This year no coverage because it was Beatrice.

If she was in the CC for events like this - ones that see Kate or other royal women get a mention then she should also get a mention.

This wasn't simply doing something with her father but one that for many years was personally done by The Queen but this year no mention.

Bad luck for the Scouts - they miss their annual mention in the CC because they had the bad luck to be assigned Beatrice this year instead of Sophie or Camilla or Alexandra.

The CC is to record the official work of the BRF. An event is now to be seen as an official event one year and the following year the exact same event isn't an official event because of which royal turns up. When the CC was established ALL events that any royal attended in a public/official capacity were recorded. It is only in the later half of HM's reign that there has been this distinction between 'working royals' and 'non-working royals' created in the media.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I think CC is irrelevant for coverage to promote the organization really. I don't know that many people that check CC regularly. Even royal watchers. Let alone those that only read royal news when it's in the headline. As for coverage, that's an entirely different issue.

Tags
beatrice (1986- ), current events, princess beatrice