The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2019, 04:26 PM
Majesty

I would have loved York Minster as well, especially after seeing photos from Ellie Goulding's recent wedding

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-18-2019, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

York Minster has always been my pick for Beatrice’s future wedding.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-18-2019, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would be amazing for her to marry at York Minster (I think the last time they had a royal wedding there was in the 60's) ...but I figure she will do St George's.

LaRae
Old 09-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It would be amazing for her to marry at York Minster (I think the last time they had a royal wedding there was in the 60's) ...but I figure she will do St George's.

LaRae
Yes, the Duke of Kent married Katherine Worsley in the York Minster in 1961.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Commoner

York Minster is beautiful of course. But it does not seem convenient for a reception afterwards.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessblack View Post
York Minster is beautiful of course. But it does not seem convenient for a reception afterwards.

Quite the opposite, the recent wedding of Ellie Goulding showed that.

Also Beatrices’ wedding musing has its own thread.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice with Edoardo attended a screening of The Elephant Queen last night

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ngagement.html
Old 10-18-2019, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 10-22-2019, 11:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice was given credit, in the CC, on the 21st October for attending a meeting of the Outward Bound Trust with her father. She has attended at least one meeting earlier this year but wasn't listed in the CC as attending.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 21st October:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York, Patron, Outward Bound, this afternoon received Mr Charles Philipps (Chairman) and Princess Beatrice of York (Trustee).
Old 10-23-2019, 09:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks Princess Larissa.

I knew you would put the actual post in like that and I hope I wasn't 'reigning on your parade' with my mention that she actually was given official credit this time. She did a similar meeting earlier this year that wasn't recognised in the CC.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Thanks Princess Larissa.

I knew you would put the actual post in like that and I hope I wasn't 'reigning on your parade' with my mention that she actually was given official credit this time. She did a similar meeting earlier this year that wasn't recognised in the CC.
Nah, I don’t mind if people post the CC before me. I don’t always have time to do updates every day and as long as everyone is informed that’s the only thing that maters.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice spotted by a fan at the match England- New Zealand on 26 October in Japan

https://twitter.com/i/status/1188311673695719424
Old 10-27-2019, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Ed is there as well, shame nobody has gone to support them in an official capacity.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice to see Beatrice there but I agree that it would be better if official royal representatives had gone.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-27-2019, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

While William is patron of the England rugby, sending him all the way to Japan to watch a rugby game may have been considered a bit too much. They would not have known the team would make the semi finals, or finals, and to plan a trip spur of the moment with all the cost of security that goes with it, not good idea.

Beatrice is a private citizen. If she chooses to be in Japan for a game, that's her choice and her cost.

Nice to see her out enjoying it with Edo.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:36 PM
Majesty

ICAM. I am starting to feel a bit sad for Beatrice and Edo. They are in a proverbial no win situation no matter what.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-27-2019, 06:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Or... on the other hand, have the ways and means to go and do as they please at any given time such as attending a rugby match in Japan. I think the freedom to go and do as one pleases far outweighs the constrictions that would have surrounded this game if Beatrice actually worked for the "Firm".
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-27-2019, 10:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Nice to see Beatrice there but I agree that it would be better if official royal representatives had gone.
I believe the plan has always been for William and/or Harry to attend the finals not the semi-finals.

Anne went and watched two of Scotland's matches, Charles has visited the Welsh team when training. This is the first time a royal has been seen supporting England although I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry at the final and maybe William at the third/fourth playoff (England is in the final and Harry is their patron while Wales will play-off for third against New Zealand and William is the Patron of Wales and future King of New Zealand).

With a week between the semi-finals and the finals it wouldn't be sensible for William and Harry to go across for both games and return in between and with all the royals who have been in Japan over the past week there would then be the question of what would they do for a week. A quick in and out, similar to what Charles did for the enthronement, makes sense rather than the full week long series of engagements Anne did - although she also had IOC business to attend to in the lead up to next year's Olympics. She visited a couple of the venues, which is what IOC members would be doing about now to ensure Japan is on target to host the games.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice at the opening day of Web Summit 2019 at the Altice Arena in Lisbon, Portugal on 5 November

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...14?s=2048x2048
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...35?s=2048x2048
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...10?s=2048x2048

Tags
beatrice (1986- ), current events, princess beatrice