The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 05-11-2018, 02:58 PM
duchesschicana's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, United States
Posts: 264
I just saw ths comment on Beatrice's Met gala dress and thought it was an interesting conspericy ,“John 19:2 “And the soldiers plaited a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and arrayed him in a purple robe.” #princessbeatricechose the color purple and robe-esque dress as a true member of royalty. Thus, Christ was mocked for his “royal status.”
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:22 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,176
Now that is just plain sick!

Why is it that Beatrice and Eugenie are always picked on and lambasted for things other royals don't even raise a comment. But blasphemy? Give the woman a break. HM regularly wears purple and I don't see anyone accusing her.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 05-12-2018, 10:21 AM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,682
Blasphemy? Is that the point of the comment? That totally went over my head.
I feel B&E are picked on because their mother is so hated and their father isn't liked much. Plus they aren't regarded as pretty by many and they don't have thin and athletic bodies. Lastly, I feel that certain parts of the British "system" turn on the 2nd born/one who won't be king, after a certain point in their lives.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 05-12-2018, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Blasphemy? Is that the point of the comment? That totally went over my head.
...
Yeah, me too, plus I thought it was way too convoluted of a theory to attribute to Beatrice.
The color of the dress isn’t even ‘royal’ purple, which is a deeper shade, I’d describe the color of Beatrice’s gown as lilac. Plus, if Beatrice meant to wear a ‘crown’ she has access to several real tiaras and could have used one of them rather than the fancy headbands she chose.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 05-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Blasphemy? Is that the point of the comment? That totally went over my head.
I feel B&E are picked on because their mother is so hated and their father isn't liked much. Plus they aren't regarded as pretty by many and they don't have thin and athletic bodies. Lastly, I feel that certain parts of the British "system" turn on the 2nd born/one who won't be king, after a certain point in their lives.


I agree. Perhaps the haters should get a head start on Charlotte, Louis, and Harry’s children!
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 05-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Blasphemy? Is that the point of the comment? That totally went over my head.
I feel B&E are picked on because their mother is so hated and their father isn't liked much. Plus they aren't regarded as pretty by many and they don't have thin and athletic bodies. Lastly, I feel that certain parts of the British "system" turn on the 2nd born/one who won't be king, after a certain point in their lives.
While I don’t agree with the original comment, I don’t think it’s necessary true that people just turn on the 2nd born. Anne technically is the second born. And if it’s just the younger child, Edward isn’t hated. It’s really because of Andrew and Fergie’s drama both within heir marriage and away from each other. Quite frankly, Andrew just comes off as entitled and spoiled most of the time, and then you have the York princess being the only ones of the Queen’s grandchildren with HRH title. It adds to the people seeing the York family as entitled. It’s unfair to Eugenie and Beatrice, but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 05-12-2018, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Yeah, me too, plus I thought it was way too convoluted of a theory to attribute to Beatrice.
The color of the dress isn’t even ‘royal’ purple, which is a deeper shade, I’d describe the color of Beatrice’s gown as lilac. Plus, if Beatrice meant to wear a ‘crown’ she has access to several real tiaras and could have used one of them rather than the fancy headbands she chose.
How does she have access to several tiaras? At most, she has access to Fergie’s York tiara.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 05-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
How does she have access to several tiaras? At most, she has access to Fergie’s York tiara.
True, I don’t know whether her grandmother would loan her a tiara for an event, but she is more likely to have access than most
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 05-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
How does she have access to several tiaras? At most, she has access to Fergie’s York tiara.
Because she is the granddaughter of the queen

I highly doubt the queen would be willing to loan tiaras to the wives of her grandsons, but not to her own granddaughters. They are her family of course. Beatrice and Eugenie have as much right to tiaras, if not more, then Kate or Meghan did for their weddings.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 05-13-2018, 12:11 AM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,682
Its not just the second born but usually occurs if the children are the same sex: it happened with George V and Albert Victor (now painted as a dimwit and potential Jack the Ripper), George VI and Edward VIII, Elizabeth II and Princess Margaret, and the recent one Prince Charles and Prince Andrew. The last pairing is suspect because the media loves to hate Charles as well.

But back to the girls, they unfortunately must suffer because their mother is Sarah Ferguson.
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 05-13-2018, 12:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 3,010
Beatrice seems to be a nice young lady. Sometimes she is picked on because of her terrible fashion sense. I don't think her mother has anything to do with this. And blasphemy is just silly.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 05-13-2018, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Because she is the granddaughter of the queen

I highly doubt the queen would be willing to loan tiaras to the wives of her grandsons, but not to her own granddaughters. They are her family of course. Beatrice and Eugenie have as much right to tiaras, if not more, then Kate or Meghan did for their weddings.
That's just not how this monarch has worked. In fact, she didn't even loan them tiaras for the CHOGM dinner, which both Camilla and Anne worn tiaras to. She's only become more generous with tiara loans in recent years, and that's only to her daughter in laws and granddaughter in law. Ultimately, none of them have any right to the tiaras other than what the Queen loans to them.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 05-13-2018, 01:19 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Beatrice seems to be a nice young lady. Sometimes she is picked on because of her terrible fashion sense. I don't think her mother has anything to do with this. And blasphemy is just silly.
It goes much deeper then criticism of her clothes. It is the fact that she is painted as the party girl and the vacation princess. That even when she is on a work trip, or a charity event, it is painted as her being on a holiday. They in fact go as far as to only report her charity work, when they can find some way to paint it as 'drunken night out' or 'holiday'.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 52,516
.

Beatrice was among the guests at the Beulah Flagship Store Launch in London today, May 16:


** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:47 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,772
Beatrice a night out at exclusive Mayfair club Annabel's

Princess Beatrice heads out to exclusive Mayfair club Annabel's | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Beatrice a night out at exclusive Mayfair club Annabel's

Princess Beatrice heads out to exclusive Mayfair club Annabel's | Daily Mail Online
Was she alone ? I mean, by herself ?
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 05-19-2018, 08:20 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Memphis, United States
Posts: 11
All the wedding excitement and reading about Harry's new titles finally pushed me to register an account here and ask a question I've wondered for a while:

Why is in not considered that Beatrice could become Duchess of York in her own right one day? I understand the basic answer (male only inheritance) but the royal family has made the exception before for the Fife dukedom. If Queen Victoria was able to do so in 1900, why not could Elizabeth not do the same for her granddaughter?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I wasn't sure if it had something to do with the title Duke of York being more significant to the BRF and thus needing to return to the main line (but it wouldn't have if Andrew had a son, so?) or perhaps if it's collaterally a part of Charles' future plans to "skim down" the royals.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 05-19-2018, 08:58 PM
Juliette2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: city, United States
Posts: 635
Welcome ReeceT21! Great question...I can't answer (or rather I'm afraid of getting it wrong!) but I am sure someone will soon...!
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 05-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceT21 View Post
Why is in not considered that Beatrice could become Duchess of York in her own right one day? I understand the basic answer (male only inheritance) but the royal family has made the exception before for the Fife dukedom. If Queen Victoria was able to do so in 1900, why not could Elizabeth not do the same for her granddaughter?
I think the reason is that Queen Elizabeth II seems to be less disposed to granting titles to princesses and their heirs than Queen Victoria was. For example, Queen Victoria created her daughters' children Highness, whereas Queen Elizabeth II apparently never considered doing so.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 05-20-2018, 07:10 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I think the reason is that Queen Elizabeth II seems to be less disposed to granting titles to princesses and their heirs than Queen Victoria was. For example, Queen Victoria created her daughters' children Highness, whereas Queen Elizabeth II apparently never considered doing so.

That's not true. Victoria never elevated any of her daughter's children - all of whom were born into foreign royal houses. She did elevated some of her great-grandchildren (the children of the future George V and Queen Mary) who were born Highnesses to Royal Highnesses; at the time, it was standard for great-grandchildren of the monarch to be Highnesses. Edward VII elevated his eldest daughter's children to Highness, but they both gave up use of that title after marriage.


A key thing to note, though, is that in 1917 George V abandoned the use of Highness within the British Royal family and restricted who was and was not a member of the royal house fairly closely. Elizabeth II adheres to those rules, as did her father George VI.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beatrice (1986- ), current events, princess beatrice


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
EllieCat
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 11: June-October 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 202 10-07-2008 10:33 AM
Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 10: May-June 2008 Elspeth Current Events Archive 202 06-18-2008 10:20 AM




Popular Tags
althorp archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy bangladesh belgian royal belgian royal family birthday celebration chittagong crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events cypher danish royalty denmark diana princess of wales duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of sussex dutch royal family dutch royals family search felipe vi french royalty future future wife of prince hussein germany haakon vii hamdan bin mohammed hill history israel jerusalem jumma king salman lithuania lithuanian palaces meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco royal monarchism mountbatten netflix nobel prize norway history official visit pakistan prince charles prince daniel prince harry princess margaret pronunciation qe2 queen maud rown royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia spanish history state visit state visit to denmark sweden tracts trump united kingdom valois visit from sweden working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×