The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2021, 11:00 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple.

The Queen’s fourth great-grandchild of 2021!

Old 05-20-2021, 09:21 AM
Commoner

Wonderful news. Four great=grandchildren this year. Magnificent

Old 05-20-2021, 10:22 AM
Majesty

First pictures of Beatrice of York pregnant.
https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2021...zo-primer-hijo
Old 05-20-2021, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie on her Instagram shared two unseen pics of her sister Princess Beatrice and Edo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPGSUa0Fewy/
Old 05-20-2021, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

Okay celebrating world bee day like that is cute.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:29 PM
Aristocracy

When I saw Beatrice step down *very* carefully out of the pew at Prince Philip's funeral, I knew she was pregnant.

All best wishes to her for a healthy and happy pregnancy.

I'm sure Fergie will be thrilled to have another grandchild - she strikes me as the kind of person made for being a grandmother.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Eugenie on her Instagram shared two unseen pics of her sister Princess Beatrice and Edo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPGSUa0Fewy/
Lovely pictures....I am reminded over and over again what a beautiful Royal bride Beatrice was!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-21-2021, 02:09 AM
Courtier

Very happy news: good health to the Princess and her coming babe.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:09 PM
Majesty

how exciting! so many babies in the RF this year. i am a bit saddened that prince phillip won't get to meet him/her but hopefully they told him the news before he passed away.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if the DoE wasn't told of Beatrice's pregnancy before he passed away last month?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-21-2021, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Edo looks to be gaining some sympathy weight himself

Nana Sarah must be over the moon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
First pictures of Beatrice of York pregnant.
https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2021...zo-primer-hijo
Old 05-22-2021, 10:18 PM
Majesty

I have to admit that I found tenor the discussion regarding Wolfie's situation quite disturbing. I am fully aware that people have different opinions but why, oh why does everything have to be winners and losers? Wolfie is a small child who, by all reports, is well loved by his Mother, Father and Stepmother. Further, Beatrice seems to make a point of referring to him publicly as her stepson.

What on earth is the problem with that? While Wolfie's mother seems not to be the primary custodial parent she is, nonetheless, his mother and I have neither seen nor heard anyone dismissing her in any way and find that Beatrice's mother and father consider him their grandchild is no actual nor intended insult to Dara.

Kids make their own names for the people they love and great-grandparents and great-aunts and uncles are more and more common so kids sort it in their heads so it works and, in this case, Wolfie is what matters. Yes, Wolfie is part of two families, his father's and his mother's and he will sort that for himself.

However, I despise those who, in the name of political correctness would insist on "othering" him. To have Beatrice refer to him as her stepson and his biological half-sister or brother as her son or daughter is making him different. Basically, I have no problem with whatever Beatrice refers to him within the confines of the family because naming children differently can cause feelings of rejection and being second to the supposed "real" child.

It kind of like referring to your children as "these are my children A and B and my adopted/step child, C. Most blended families I am familiar with do not find the need to deal in steps or fractions. They just try to provide their children with love, support and security.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to admit that I found tenor the discussion regarding Wolfie's situation quite disturbing. I am fully aware that people have different opinions but why, oh why does everything have to be winners and losers? Wolfie is a small child who, by all reports, is well loved by his Mother, Father and Stepmother. Further, Beatrice seems to make a point of referring to him publicly as her stepson.

What on earth is the problem with that? While Wolfie's mother seems not to be the primary custodial parent she is, nonetheless, his mother and I have neither seen nor heard anyone dismissing her in any way and find that Beatrice's mother and father consider him their grandchild is no actual nor intended insult to Dara.

Kids make their own names for the people they love and great-grandparents and great-aunts and uncles are more and more common so kids sort it in their heads so it works and, in this case, Wolfie is what matters. Yes, Wolfie is part of two families, his father's and his mother's and he will sort that for himself.

However, I despise those who, in the name of political correctness would insist on "othering" him. To have Beatrice refer to him as her stepson and his biological half-sister or brother as her son or daughter is making him different. Basically, I have no problem with whatever Beatrice refers to him within the confines of the family because naming children differently can cause feelings of rejection and being second to the supposed "real" child.

It kind of like referring to your children as "these are my children A and B and my adopted/step child, C. Most blended families I am familiar with do not find the need to deal in steps or fractions. They just try to provide their children with love, support and security.
I actually think it was quite a constructive discussion with everyone acknowledging that she loves him and that everyone's opinions of how to refer to his mothers is based on how people feel about excluding his biological mother from the picture when discussing their family and their bond vs how we refer to his bond with his stepmother and future siblings.

None of it really has to do with how they're personally handling the growing family except to acknowledge that Wolfie is clearly loved by Bea and her parents from their own statements.

Personally I think there's a balance where he can be an equal part of Bea and Edo's family and not treated any differently from his new sibling(s) except in matters related to the line of succession etc but that he's not their 2nd child together either. I don't think it makes him different in a bad way, especially because she hasn't adopted him, refers to him as her stepson and his mother is active in his life as well.

We don't know what the exact custody arrangement is but reports seem to indicate that they share custody. We just don't here about the times his is with Dara.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:56 AM
Aristocracy

Beatrice has referred to herself as a stepmother and to Wolfie as her stepson, so that is how I would refer to her as well. The term stepmother has a bit of a negative connotation unfortunately, but that's very unfair really.

Beatrice clearly sees the word in a more positive light, has expressed that it is an honour to be a stepmother - and if her saying this can do a little toward giving the word a more positive image, I think that's actually a great thing.

In my opinion calling herself a stepmother and Wolfie her stepson, shows respect for Wolfie's mother Dara. It would be a different situation if she had adopted Wolfie or his mother was not in the picture. I would always refer to an adoptive mother as the mother, no different from a biological mother. But the difference here is that Wolfie's mother is in the picture and appears to share custody with Edo.

Likewise, if Beatrice had referred to Wolfie as her son, my assumption would be that that has been discussed with the mother and she is fine with it.