Princess Beatrice is expecting her first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrice has referred to herself as a stepmother and to Wolfie as her stepson, so that is how I would refer to her as well. The term stepmother has a bit of a negative connotation unfortunately, but that's very unfair really.

Beatrice clearly sees the word in a more positive light, has expressed that it is an honour to be a stepmother - and if her saying this can do a little toward giving the word a more positive image, I think that's actually a great thing.

In my opinion calling herself a stepmother and Wolfie her stepson, shows respect for Wolfie's mother Dara. It would be a different situation if she had adopted Wolfie or his mother was not in the picture. I would always refer to an adoptive mother as the mother, no different from a biological mother. But the difference here is that Wolfie's mother is in the picture and appears to share custody with Edo.

Likewise, if Beatrice had referred to Wolfie as her son, my assumption would be that that has been discussed with the mother and she is fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom