Princess Beatrice is expecting her first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving birth is not the only way to be a mother and Being a stepmother does not necessarily mean you are less of a mother or don’t consider the child your own just not biologically.

They already have a precious child in their lives. He is Edos’s biologically is all.

That seems to be the case for their family. Princess Beatrice described herself and "my stepson" as part of "our family" in an article she recently authored.

This year, I had the great honour to become a stepmother, and have had the most remarkable time going back over some of my most favourite stories at bedtime. Together, we had such a special time reading through all the entries for Oscars Book Prize 2020. [...]

My stepson has been, as many children have, home schooling this term. Helping him to engage with stories is a great journey to inspire imagination, creativity, independence and humour. If you have not yet read the Oi Frog books by Kes Grey and Jim Field, they have fast become our favourite.

We have all had to learn new ways to cope with the strangest of times. For our family, reading stories has been a great part of our journey to finding laughter and a little magic on the journey.

Previously, Sarah, Duchess of York, gave this statement in response to articles on Princess Eugenie expecting the Yorks' "first grandchild":

A spokesman for the duchess told the Mail that while she was clearly overjoyed at Eugenie's news, she also wanted to stress that she and Andrew very much saw Beatrice's stepson, Wolfie, as a grandchild too.

'Wolfie is already a very much-loved member of their family and the duchess is very keen to stress that she sees Wolfie as their grandchild too,' they said.

It would be another thing if for example, Wolfie's mother had died at his birth and he wouldn't have remembered her, but Wolfie has a loving mother and the word "mummy" is reserved for her.

To my knowledge, no one has claimed that Wolfie refers to his stepmother as "mummy". I don't think the words he uses to refer to his parents or his stepmother are public information.

Wolfie is part of Beatrice's family. She is his stepmother. She reportedly adores him. But he is not HER child with her husband and it's a bit disrespectful to Dara to imply that, imo.

If Beatrice has adopted Wolfie he is indeed hers. But that is not the case.

Edo, Beatrice and Wolfie are obviously a family already with the new baby being an addition.

Last edited:
It's safe to call 2021 royals babies year ?

Congratulations to the couple i wishe the Princess safe and healthy pregnancy

It's safe to call 2021 royals babies year ?

Congratulations to the couple i wishe the Princess safe and healthy pregnancy

More precisely: 'Babies in the British royal family' (so far none of them is royal ?)

I am trying to think of other prominent royal babies this year but can only think of prince Julian and princess Salote. We'll have to wait a bit longer for Spanish, Belgian, Dutch, Danish and Norwegian royal babies it seems - hoping for another Luxembourgish baby in the not too distant future! And outside of Europe we might see another Bhutan royal baby at some point (especially if we also include the king's (half)brothers and -sisters); not expecting one soon in Japan or Cambodia and hopefully neither in Thailand to name a few - Brunei or Malaysia with the many royal families seems a bit more likely.

2005 was probably the most royal baby year -in Europe- in decades (or ever?) (October 2005 being the most royal baby month!); with 2 heirs (Christian & Leonor) being born and 3 siblings of heirs (Alexia, Emmanuel, Sverre Magnus).

Last edited:
Wolfie is part of Beatrice's family. She is his stepmother. She reportedly adores him. But he is not HER child with her husband and it's a bit disrespectful to Dara to imply that, imo.

If Beatrice has adopted Wolfie he is indeed hers. But that is not the case.

Edo, Beatrice and Wolfie are obviously a family already with the new baby being an addition.

As it seems to depend on one's perspective we will have to agree to disagree. From my perspective, I would not see any implication regarding a stepchild's mother if his father and stepmother were to include him within "their own little one(s)", and would probably find it more reassuring in comparison to a stepparent who states that their stepchild is not "theirs".

Last edited:
2005 was probably the most royal baby year -in Europe- in decades (or ever?) (October 2005 being the most royal baby month!); with 2 heirs (Christian & Leonor) being born and 3 siblings of heirs (Alexia, Emmanuel, Sverre Magnus).

The month with the biggest compactness of born "spares" was April 2007. First the birth of Princess Ariane of the Netherlands, then the birth of Princess Isabella of Denmark and last but not least the birth of Infanta Sofia of Spain.

The child IS part of THEIR family. He is Edo's son and Beatrice's stepson.

But he is not their child in common.

And yes..it depends on perspective and it's fine to disagree.

Last edited:
Can you imagine if all the of age heiresses and heir end up
Having their future children all within the same 6 months or year? RF Posters may all be a nervous excited wreck in anticipation :)

This is wonderful news. Such a beautiful couple and their wedding photos with the wonderfully decorated chapel were the most beautiful wedding photos in a long time. However, I am particularly pleased that she has her baby in the same year as her sister, so that the children can grow up together.

I smiled at the date of the announcement. The princess certainly didn’t make it up herself, but an attentive palace employee surely did.

Last edited:
The child IS part of THEIR family. He is Edo's son and Beatrice's stepson.

But he is not their child in common.

And yes..it depends on perspective and it's fine to disagree.

I think this is mostly my perspective. She may well consider herself a bonus mum and love him just as much as his younger sibling but I think we shouldn't forget that he also has another mum in his life and that Bea hasn't adopted him.

Though it IS wonderful that she adores him and that Sarah and Andrew consider him another grandchild I feel a little uncomfortable in anything trying to rub Dara out of the picture.

They can consider the baby an addition to their family of three and it still be their first child together.

But I think it is a topic on which a lot of people will have different opinions and that's okay.

Though it IS wonderful that she adores him and that Sarah and Andrew consider him another grandchild I feel a little uncomfortable in anything trying to rub Dara out of the picture.

I am sure that is something all can agree on. The difference of opinion seems to be about whether certain descriptions of stepfamilies have exclusionary implications about the role of the stepchild's other parent, or on the other hand, exclusionary implications about the relationship between the stepchild and stepparent.

Baby bump alert !

Princess Beatrice's Baby Bump

Pic

and for the record I think she could be the type to love the children equally i doubt she will go the evil step mother route once she has a kid of her own ?

Congratulations :flowers: How exciting! Also, I did not expect to see a pregnancy announcement so soon after the marriage, and Bea did look "slim" at the funeral. I'm betting a October baby ;)

More precisely: 'Babies in the British royal family' (so far none of them is royal ?)

I am trying to think of other prominent royal babies this year but can only think of prince Julian and princess Salote. We'll have to wait a bit longer for Spanish, Belgian, Dutch, Danish and Norwegian royal babies it seems - hoping for another Luxembourgish baby in the not too distant future! And outside of Europe we might see another Bhutan royal baby at some point (especially if we also include the king's (half)brothers and -sisters); not expecting one soon in Japan or Cambodia and hopefully neither in Thailand to name a few - Brunei or Malaysia with the many royal families seems a bit more likely.

2005 really was the royal baby year! Prince Emmanuel, Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric, Prince Christian, Princess Alexia, Countess Luana, Prince Hashem, Prince Sverre Magnus, Leah Isadora Behn, Irene Urdangarin, Princess Leonor, Prince Dipangkorn, Carlos Morales.

2007 doesn't really fall behind either: James Viscount Severn, Princess Isabella, Princess Ariene, Prince Noah, Princess Lalla Khadija, Infanta Sofia, Prince Abdul Muntaqim, Sheikha Al Jalila, Princess Haalah bint Hashim, Princess Haya bint Hamzah, Amelia Morales.

2003 was also a royal baby year too: Princess Laetitia Maria, Princess Catharina-Amalia, Prince Moulay Hassan, Prince Gabriel, Maud Angelica Behn, Ana María Morales.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Beatrice and Edo! That must be such happy news for the Queen as well.

Congratulations to Princess Beatrice and Edoardo!
:yorkrose::yorkrose::yorkrose::yorkrose::yorkrose::yorkrose:

Princess Beatrice's Baby Bump

Pic

and for the record I think she could be the type to love the children equally i doubt she will go the evil step mother route once she has a kid of her own ?

She looks at least 4 months...maybe more. I am thinking early October.;)

Her sister announced at four and a half months. I am guessing she is four months and the baby is due October 19!

Congratulations to the couple.

The Queen’s fourth great-grandchild of 2021!

Wonderful news. Four great=grandchildren this year. Magnificent

Okay celebrating world bee day like that is cute.

When I saw Beatrice step down *very* carefully out of the pew at Prince Philip's funeral, I knew she was pregnant.

All best wishes to her for a healthy and happy pregnancy.

I'm sure Fergie will be thrilled to have another grandchild - she strikes me as the kind of person made for being a grandmother.

Very happy news: good health to the Princess and her coming babe. :flowers:

how exciting! so many babies in the RF this year. i am a bit saddened that prince phillip won't get to meet him/her but hopefully they told him the news before he passed away.

I wonder if the DoE wasn't told of Beatrice's pregnancy before he passed away last month?

I have to admit that I found tenor the discussion regarding Wolfie's situation quite disturbing. I am fully aware that people have different opinions but why, oh why does everything have to be winners and losers? Wolfie is a small child who, by all reports, is well loved by his Mother, Father and Stepmother. Further, Beatrice seems to make a point of referring to him publicly as her stepson.

What on earth is the problem with that? While Wolfie's mother seems not to be the primary custodial parent she is, nonetheless, his mother and I have neither seen nor heard anyone dismissing her in any way and find that Beatrice's mother and father consider him their grandchild is no actual nor intended insult to Dara.

Kids make their own names for the people they love and great-grandparents and great-aunts and uncles are more and more common so kids sort it in their heads so it works and, in this case, Wolfie is what matters. Yes, Wolfie is part of two families, his father's and his mother's and he will sort that for himself.

However, I despise those who, in the name of political correctness would insist on "othering" him. To have Beatrice refer to him as her stepson and his biological half-sister or brother as her son or daughter is making him different. Basically, I have no problem with whatever Beatrice refers to him within the confines of the family because naming children differently can cause feelings of rejection and being second to the supposed "real" child.

It kind of like referring to your children as "these are my children A and B and my adopted/step child, C. Most blended families I am familiar with do not find the need to deal in steps or fractions. They just try to provide their children with love, support and security.

I have to admit that I found tenor the discussion regarding Wolfie's situation quite disturbing. I am fully aware that people have different opinions but why, oh why does everything have to be winners and losers? Wolfie is a small child who, by all reports, is well loved by his Mother, Father and Stepmother. Further, Beatrice seems to make a point of referring to him publicly as her stepson.

What on earth is the problem with that? While Wolfie's mother seems not to be the primary custodial parent she is, nonetheless, his mother and I have neither seen nor heard anyone dismissing her in any way and find that Beatrice's mother and father consider him their grandchild is no actual nor intended insult to Dara.

Kids make their own names for the people they love and great-grandparents and great-aunts and uncles are more and more common so kids sort it in their heads so it works and, in this case, Wolfie is what matters. Yes, Wolfie is part of two families, his father's and his mother's and he will sort that for himself.

However, I despise those who, in the name of political correctness would insist on "othering" him. To have Beatrice refer to him as her stepson and his biological half-sister or brother as her son or daughter is making him different. Basically, I have no problem with whatever Beatrice refers to him within the confines of the family because naming children differently can cause feelings of rejection and being second to the supposed "real" child.

It kind of like referring to your children as "these are my children A and B and my adopted/step child, C. Most blended families I am familiar with do not find the need to deal in steps or fractions. They just try to provide their children with love, support and security.

I actually think it was quite a constructive discussion with everyone acknowledging that she loves him and that everyone's opinions of how to refer to his mothers is based on how people feel about excluding his biological mother from the picture when discussing their family and their bond vs how we refer to his bond with his stepmother and future siblings.

None of it really has to do with how they're personally handling the growing family except to acknowledge that Wolfie is clearly loved by Bea and her parents from their own statements.

Personally I think there's a balance where he can be an equal part of Bea and Edo's family and not treated any differently from his new sibling(s) except in matters related to the line of succession etc but that he's not their 2nd child together either. I don't think it makes him different in a bad way, especially because she hasn't adopted him, refers to him as her stepson and his mother is active in his life as well.

We don't know what the exact custody arrangement is but reports seem to indicate that they share custody. We just don't here about the times his is with Dara.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom