Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli M. and Family, Current Events 1: 2020 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Beatrice_zpsd8706628.png

Arms of HRH Princess Beatrice of York

Welcome to Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi's
Current Events, Part 1

Commencing July 17, 2020

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Edo and Bea took a "familymoon" in Italy after their road trip through France.

Adorable.?

What lovely pic's. I am glad they are having fun. Hope we'll see them also at Balmoral soon.

Lovely pictures. They seem to be having so much fun in the sun! ?

Lovely pictures. Its great they took Wolfie on a vacation together. :flowers:

I am not a fan though of his son's face being shown. Wolfie is a private citizen on private time. That should be better respected.

Lovely photos!

It is rumored they will be moving to the Nott Cottage! So close to her sister :)

wOw! She is absolutely gorgeous in that picture!!!

Oh Yes. Professional makeup has enhanced her large beautiful eyes perfectly. She looks stunning

Lovely pictures. Its great they took Wolfie on a vacation together. :flowers:

I am not a fan though of his son's face being shown. Wolfie is a private citizen on private time. That should be better respected.
''

Fortunately his face is partially obscured by the sun glasses.

Lovely photos!

It is rumored they will be moving to the Nott Cottage! So close to her sister :)

Seems unlikely especially if they want a child together. Notts cottage is only two bedrooms. It was good as a bachelor pad and newly wed home, but once kids come its not the most practical. Ivy at least has three bedrooms.

Does Edo have an apartment or residence in London?

If not in the correct thread please move my questions. My questions are not in any order...just typing out as I think.

Princess Beatrice has a coat of arms. In looking on the net it does not appear to have changed at all since her marriage.

Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, his family has a coat of arms. Again looking on the net, it appears a family coat of arms, not individual person.

Will Princess Beatrice coat of arms change to include Edoardo?

Will Edoardo get his own British coat of arms?

When they have children, will they get their own British coat of arms?

Does Edoardo’s entire family use the same family coat of arms? Therefore can he use the family one at any time? And if Beatrice would want to, can she use it also?

If I am correct, Michael Middleton, has a coat of arms the family can now use. Would Edoardo get that type of coat of arms too?

I know already, Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank will not get a coat of arms. I would assume the same for Edoardo however, he is a Count in Italy...yes, I know how the family got the title, that he can not use the title in England, etc. I just read all of the information.

Thank you everyone....

Seems unlikely especially if they want a child together. Notts cottage is only two bedrooms. It was good as a bachelor pad and newly wed home, but once kids come its not the most practical. Ivy at least has three bedrooms.
Yes, I get the impression Nott cottage is quite small - William and Catherine had it as their London base when George was born, but Catherine opted to stay at her parents rather than taking baby George home to Nott Cottage. It’s probably not ideal for Edo and Bea since presumably they’ll have Wolfie w/ them at times & may want more children.

Yes, I get the impression Nott cottage is quite small - William and Catherine had it as their London base when George was born, but Catherine opted to stay at her parents rather than taking baby George home to Nott Cottage. It’s probably not ideal for Edo and Bea since presumably they’ll have Wolfie w/ them at times & may want more children.

Nott cottage was never intended to be a family home. Its 2 bedrooms. Kate and William were meant to move into Apartment 1A but it wasn't ready in time. They didn't move in until October. Nanny Webb joined the family in September. Even with one child they were going to need at least 3 bedrooms, and for royals with a live in nanny, living in close courters with the nanny may not be that comfortable. It made sense she stayed with her parents during the early months until they could move into their home.

Beatrice and Edo might not need a nanny, but I don't see them not wanting a third bedroom. For another child. Or for guests.

There are always rumors about where royals and where they will live. Look at how many rumored homes there were for Harry and Meghan.

If not in the correct thread please move my questions. My questions are not in any order...just typing out as I think.

Princess Beatrice has a coat of arms. In looking on the net it does not appear to have changed at all since her marriage.

Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, his family has a coat of arms. Again looking on the net, it appears a family coat of arms, not individual person.

Will Princess Beatrice coat of arms change to include Edoardo?

Will Edoardo get his own British coat of arms?

When they have children, will they get their own British coat of arms?

Does Edoardo’s entire family use the same family coat of arms? Therefore can he use the family one at any time? And if Beatrice would want to, can she use it also?

If I am correct, Michael Middleton, has a coat of arms the family can now use. Would Edoardo get that type of coat of arms too?

I know already, Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank will not get a coat of arms. I would assume the same for Edoardo however, he is a Count in Italy...yes, I know how the family got the title, that he can not use the title in England, etc. I just read all of the information.

Thank you everyone....

Here is a bit about Middleton coat of arms.

https://www.royal.uk/new-coat-arms-miss-middleton-and-her-family

Beatrice's children will not gain a coat of arms through her. Coat of arms are passed through the father's line not the mother's line. Could they apply like Michael Middleton for a family coat of arms themselves? Perhaps, but the queen wont be giving personal coats of arms like George will get when he turns 18 and his siblings.

The reason Beatrice's hasn't changed is likely connected to the fact that Edo's coat of arms is Italian. Different countries have different heraldry and laws surrounding them. If Beatrice was married to the son of an English earl that might be different.

Edo's coat of arms are a family coat of arms not personal. So any legal members of the family would be entitled to its use. Wolfy being a natural son I am not sure the legality of him using it.

Edo is an English citizen and his father is as well. They could apply, not sure all the requirements but being a citizen of the UK or commonwealth is part, but considering he has a family coat of arms to use I don't see why he would petition for a British one.

Could Edoardo be denied a British coat of arms since he and his father have an Italian coat of arms?

Could Beatrice link her Arms with Edo's or maybe incorporate parts of the Mapelli-Mozzi Arms into her own, since she is now Princess Beatrice, Mrs Mapelli-Mozzi?

Could Beatrice link her Arms with Edo's or maybe incorporate parts of the Mapelli-Mozzi Arms into her own, since she is now Princess Beatrice, Mrs Mapelli-Mozzi?

Since it belongs to a non British noble house who's titles are not recognised? She probably won't.

It's possible Edo could apply to the College of Arms and they'd find a qualifying ancestor to create a personal British one for him but as far as we know he hasn't done that.

Eugenie has not (as far as we know) had marital arms created with Jack, and I believe his family have a Coat of Arms that he is (might?) entitled to use - though it didn't appear on their wedding Order of Service and hers did.

Princess Alexandra and Sir Angus Ogilvy had a joint CoA created when they were married. He was the son of an Earl.

As for Wolfie, although he's a natural son there are no actual laws governing what he calls himself or if he uses as Coat of Arms so if it appeals he to him he may do so despite any objections from other Mapelli Mozzi's and the private organisations in Italy that currently oversee things like that.

Does Edo have an apartment or residence in London?

Beatrice and Edo have been living in St. James Palace, in the apartment Beatrice used to share with Eugenie.

They'd be better off staying there instead of Nott Cott, at least it has four bedrooms (although the rooms are supposed to be small).

But I expect they will get another place in London.

AC21091968...I personally love the color of Beatrice's hair. Have known women to spend quite a lot of money to accomplish that tone.

As always, pregnancy speculation, and commentary about weight is off topic here, as it is in any thread on the forum.

According to Wikipedia and quick Google search, Princess Eugenie's coat of arms has not changed since marriage.

Posters on Wikipedia and other websites are just guessing like the rest of us.

For those who have an interest in this question, please review the laws of married women's arms from the heraldic authority of England and Wales. I've written a short summary below.

The Arms of Women, a Decree. | The Heraldry Society
Same-sex marriages - College of Arms
The Law of Arms - College of Arms

With the laws of arms in England and Wales, a woman who bears a coat of arms through her father or by grant to herself, and whose husband likewise bears a coat of arms through his father or by grant to himself, has three options available to her.

She may bear her paternal or granted arms alone.

She may bear her husband's paternal or granted arms alone.

Or she may marshal, i.e. unite, the two coats of arms. Usually they would be be marshalled by impalement (placing the two coats side by side on the same shield), however, where the wife is a grantee or "heraldic heiress" her arms are usually placed on an inescutcheon (smaller shield) at the center of her husband's arms.

Her husband is entitled to choose between bearing his paternal/granted arms alone or marshalling the two coats, though from what I hear the vast majority of men prefer to bear their own arms alone.

That being said, I have no information about how an Italian coat of arms belonging to a British citizen would be dealt with by the British or Italian laws of arms.

Like the posters on Wikipedia etc., my guess would be that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and the other married blood princesses prefer to bear their own arms alone, as eminent women often do. But unless they have verifiably stated their preferences, it is only an educated guess.

Coat of arms are passed through the father's line not the mother's line.

It depends on what one means by "passed through the father's line not the mother's line.". The English law provides that the general right to use arms is only transmissible through fathers, but a child who bears his or her father's arms may quarter them with the arms of their mother if the mother is a heraldic heiress or grantee (refer to the above links for sources).

Last edited:
:previous: I have corrected an error in my summary. The husband in the scenario laid out above is entitled to choose from two options, not three. Unlike the wife, the husband is not entitled to bear his spouse's arms alone. If he wishes to bear his wife's arms, he must marshal them with his own arms.

Last edited:
I believe as of a few days ago,only 6 people can be together., in a gathering. So I am glad Pss Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi married when they did, or they would have to wait a long time. They are stronger together.

I believe as of a few days ago,only 6 people can be together., in a gathering. So I am glad Pss Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi married when they did, or they would have to wait a long time. They are stronger together.

It doesn't take effect until Monday. So I guess they could have had a rush wedding this weekend if they hadn't yet.

I read that events of significance can still have 30 people. They mentioned weddings and funerals.

wel since they are already married, its academic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom