Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli M. and Family, Current Events 1: 2020 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever christen Sienna? Was it done privately, without any publicity?

:previous: I agree. They look perfect together, imo.?

Did they ever christen Sienna? Was it done privately, without any publicity?

It's never been mentioned. Maybe they're waiting until she's a bit older? They could have done a treble with Lucas and August, if they'd wanted!

I love seeing this. Both Princess Beatrice and Prince Carl Philip suffer from dyslexia.

Where did the meeting take place? Britain or Sweden?

ETA: I see that it took place in Sweden!

Last edited:
That's lovely. We also saw Prince Charles and Queen Letizia on a joint engagement recently. I really like seeing royals from different countries teaming up.

I can definitely see Princess Beatrice taking on the role and esteem of Princess Alexandra once William takes the throne.

I love seeing this. Both Princess Beatrice and Prince Carl Philip suffer from dyslexia.

Where did the meeting take place? Britain or Sweden?

ETA: I see that it took place in Sweden!

Indeed. Also King Carl Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria are dyslexic.

What a lovely treat! I only wish we had video of their welcome and video or photos of her curtsy to Queen Silvia.

Or video of Edo bowing to both Queen Silvia and Princess Sofia...with perhaps a little peck on their cheeks as well.;)

I am MESMERIZED by how perfectly tailored his suit is, btw.

Or video of Edo bowing to both Queen Silvia and Princess Sofia...with perhaps a little peck on their cheeks as well.;)

I am MESMERIZED by how perfectly tailored his suit is, btw.

She would have to curtsy to only Queen Silvia. She and Sofia are both princesses. She was born an HRH.

No doubt Edo would bow to them all, though. He’s such a gentleman.

She would have to curtsy to only Queen Silvia. She and Sofia are both princesses. She was born an HRH.

Thank you, I know that. I was referring to Beatrice's husband who was (technically) the only non Royal in the group.;)

I can definitely see Princess Beatrice taking on the role and esteem of Princess Alexandra once William takes the throne.

Not at all likely. William and Charles will both be managing with very few helpers.. and Beatrice is not going to be one of htem. Alexandra was asked to work as a royal because they were short of people back at that time

No doubt Edo would bow to them all, though. He’s such a gentleman.
Yes, he was raised with lovely manners and properly uses them with no effort. Parents did a brilliant job plus they also instilled in him the correct way to have his clothes tailored. Reminds me of the way the old movie actor Cary Grant always looked "back in the day". JMO

Not at all likely. William and Charles will both be managing with very few helpers.. and Beatrice is not going to be one of htem. Alexandra was asked to work as a royal because they were short of people back at that time

I agree that Beatrice isn't going to be a working royal, but both she and Eugenie work to promote certain good causes in which they have an interest, and the fact that they are who they are means that they'll attract a lot more publicity than AN random charity worker, however committed, will.

Edo always looks immaculate. It's that old-fashioned gent look that Brooklyn Beckham was trying to pull off at his wedding. I love Brooklyn, but Edo just does it so much better and so effortlessly!

Thank you, I know that. I was referring to Beatrice's husband who was (technically) the only non Royal in the group.;)

That's right, all that curtsying is IMO outdated, the younger generation should abolish it. With so many young royals being active on Insta, TikTok, wanting to be models , exposing themselves like a model ( thinking of Leah of Norway, Eloise of NL, Olympia Greece etc)
it seems really ridiculous and outdated.

About Bea and Edo: I am always glad to see how happy they seem as a couple, and how much Bea has improved in her looks. I remember very well how ridiculed she was in younger years with those awful hats and clothes.
And I also remember how much her marriage to Edo was critized, "such a handsome man only marries her to get into royalty". Especially the DM had a lot of nasty articles about their relationship and the comments of readers were just unbelievable (so hateful)
Therefore I hope that they will stay happy together. I think both sisters havent have an easy life in that family regarding their parents.
Not that I feel tooo sorry for them with their still priviliged life, but, those two didn't have it so easy in comparison with others.

:previous: I am a little confused. What do young Royals exposing themselves on social media have to do with the time honored courtesy of bowing and curtsying?:ermm:

The latter is demonstrative of courtly manners, acknowledgement of another person's rank.

Why abolish something that simply boils down to being gracious?

Last edited:
:previous: I am a little confused. What do young Royals exposing themselves on social media have to do with the time honored courtesy of bowing and curtsying?:ermm:

The latter is demonstrative of courtly manners, acknowledgement of another person's rank.

Why abolish something that simply boils down to being gracious?

I have seen pictures/videos of Sophie and Kate curtsying to Queen Silvia in Sweden, so I have no doubt Beatrice would do it too. That is simply the British custom.

Personally I don't have anything against it. Some people do, however, especially in America, because they see curstsying as a sign of submission (almost like kneeling), or because they think it is outdated in egalitarian societies. Monarchy, however, is by definition not egalitarian.

Lovely to see Princess Beatrice and Edoardo in Sweden :previous:

Indeed. Also King Carl Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria are dyslexic.

Edo Mapelli Mozzi is also dyslexic, as revealed by Princess Beatrice in her excellent interview last year to promote the Helen Arkell dyslexia charity, so it is fitting that he took the opportunity to participate as well.

It has been reported in the Swedish media that Princess Madeleine is also dyslexic albeit not to the same degree as her siblings. I am not sure if she has ever publicly discussed it.

https://inews.co.uk/news/york-votes...edom-city-virginia-giuffre-settlement-1599094

Interesting that Councillor David Taylor expressed hopes of Princess Beatrice becoming The Duchess of York upon the city of York stripping Andrew of the freedom of the city.

“In contrast to her father, she is personable, intelligent and does her homework, or reads her briefing papers when visiting the City of York,” Mr Taylor said.

Interesting to learn that Princess Beatrice has regularly visited the City of York and kept herself briefed about the city (and refreshing to see a member of the public judging her on her merits rather than her paternal heritage). It is a pity that she had to give up her "of York" name on marriage, and although it seems unlikely at this point, I do hope she will be Duchess of York one day (I am not referring to a recreation of the dukedom, but to a general reform to allow women to inherit on the same terms as men).

Given that he has already made it clear to her that she won't be working for him (he did that in 2012 when he refused to help her get even a small role in support of the Queen's Golden Jubilee) I don't see her doing anything for William.

I suspect we will not even see either her or her sister at either Charles' or William's coronations - the Queen's funeral will be the last we see of any of the York's at any royal event.

By the time William is King he will have the support of his three children, who will be close to if not already adults by then.

He won't need a probably nearly 50 year old princess when he can have youngsters in their 20s

Would have been good if an actual source was included.

It would also be sad if true as it would mean that the Queen couldn't attend.

There are multiple sources available online, and the Queen hasn't attended the christenings of many of her great-grandchildren.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom