Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli M. and Family, Current Events 1: 2020 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi were at Loulou's (Mayfair's private club) for a dinner date.

Princess Beatrice and her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi look smitten as they leave private members club Loulou's in Mayfair after dinner out
The couple enjoyed a date night at the exclusive restaurant in Mayfair on Friday
Beatrice, 32, opted for a smart look as she donned a black dress and jacket
Husband Edoardo Mozzi, 36, dressed his navy suit down with a black coat

Their date night comes two weeks after the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...taboola_feed&ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed

I think they are adorable together. Why are some people so nasty about this couple? Would they relax more if Edoardo was homely and middle class?:cool:

Oh well. It's the Daily Fail after all.:whistling:

I think they are adorable together. Why are some people so nasty about this couple? Would they relax more if Edoardo was homely and middle class?:cool:

I would say the comment's vitriol is more directed at Edo, ranging from his facial expression and previous relationship. The comments toward Beatrice was just pitying her for a sweet girl being heartbroken being used/manipulated by her ex-boyfriend and husband, as well as being Andrew's daughter. In most DM articles' comment section, Edo was labelled a social climber, who abandoned "his beautiful, intelligent fiancee and son for an ugly dim princess with bug eyes". Edo was compared to Meghan, purely because of the short relationship before engagement. The difference is that Edo grew up in the UK and known Beatrice since childhood. From memory, Jack Brooksbank did not received this level of vitriol from the DM comments, probably because he dated Eugenie for more than 5 years. The worst comments were on his previous job as a barman and not graduating from university.

I never know a social climber who is not upset that he was not granted a peerage nor his Italian Count title is not recognised in the UK. :cool:

At one point, Beatrice and Eugenie were the one of the main punching bags in the Daily Mail comment section, purely because of their parents, fashion and body appearances. The tabloid rumours on their "alleged" feud/rivalry with The Duchess of Cambridge fuelled the flame of hate of the York Princesses (from the Mail comments) with "ugly stepsisters". There were also "scroungers/leachers/freeloader" comments with the Princesses' frequent holidays. Ironically, Meghan's arrival on the scene took off the some of the hate from the York Princesses, as they were perceived as lesser of two evils.

Last edited:
Bea and Eugenie have been punching bags of the press since they were young teenagers and it's only started to change very recently. I think she had Edo ended up receiving a lot of support for their lockdown wedding in general.

As for the comments, I don't think it has much to do with Edo being upper class, Jack is very much upper class too, not to mention an Old Etonian.

There was suspicion about the short length of their courtship and the fact that there might have been some overlap or very little time between his break up with his ex and starting to date Bea, not helped by Dara's parents apparently not knowing that they'd even broken up. Possibly some of the "Italian Tycoon" Mills and Boon stuff the DM used to pump out probably doesn't help with some people, even though it's an entirely false narrative for anyone who reads about his background.

People see what they want to see really. There are comments about about "camera hungry eyes" and when he looks anywhere but the camera and seems uncomfortable people seem to think he's not into her and just using her for attention. Shrug.

No one cared about Jack until they announced their engagement and all of the recent photos we have of them are him staring at his little family adoringly not out and about in London with his wife so that also makes a difference. Edo also suffered more scrutiny because they announced their engagement just before The Interview.

Neither Eugenie nor Beatrice were ever all that popular, but IMO they have now passed into the state where people are indifferent or mildly tolerant of them. However Beatrice seems to have rushed into the marriage with Edo, and he was involved with another woman and had a baby by her, just as his relationship with the said woman was breaking up. So I suspect people think he is a bit casual about his relationships or that he rushed into marriage with Bea because of her status.

I didn't trust Edo at first because I thought he was deceptive. I also thought he used Botox. Now I have changed my mind and loved their wedding. Beatrice looked so beautiful and humble in the Queen's dress and the tiara the Queen wore at her own wedding. They seem very happy and I'm happy for them.

The article stated that Edoardo wore a simple navy suit.
Since when is a man's suit referred to as simple?

I didn't trust Edo at first because I thought he was deceptive. I also thought he used Botox. Now I have changed my mind and loved their wedding. Beatrice looked so beautiful and humble in the Queen's dress and the tiara the Queen wore at her own wedding. They seem very happy and I'm happy for them.

I obviously do not know anything about their private lives but what I have always thought was that if Edo had still been in a relationship with the other young woman ( apologies I do not recall her name ) then why was she not at Eugenies wedding as his plus 1.

Like you, I loved their wedding. The photograph of the two of them peeping out of the church was beautiful.

I do not care about Botox or not
and hope this will work, but must say this relationship looked somehow strange to me from the beginning. It's just a feeling, did not read much about them or have prejudice as I hardly know anything. Maybe the fact that he was linked or engaged to this other lady, has a child but then switched to another confused me.
Hopefully they will remain happy :flowers:

Well they may be happy at present but its early days. I hope that things will work out and they'll have a good life.

I think some people here have problems with the fact that Bea knew Edo for so long when her parents are watched suspiciously for their sometimes "weird" acquaintances. we don't know enough about how protective Andrew and Sarah were with their daughters when it came to meet the people who have helped them earning the money they need to stay afloat. The Epstein-scandal has not been the only one attached to Andrew and Sarah and that has shown how careless they sometimes are with the people they do business with. And then Bea hooks up with Edo, who reminded at least me a bit of Dodi Al-Fayed with his split from his girlfriend to engage with Diana back then, having been an acquaintance of Diana's for years.

But there's suspicion out of care for Bea, and as I don't know her for real, I can just hope that Edo has fallen in love with her and she was raised in a way to detect wrong motives in people wanting to get close to her, so their love is real and will work out for decades.

For me whilst I don't think Andrew and Fergie have always taken care to protect the girls from their shady acquaintances (Epstein was at Bea's 18th Birthday for goodness sake) the fact that the families have known each other for a long time wasn't part of my apprehension. Both his parents have deep aristocratic links and it's not hard for me to assume they moved in the same social circles in the UK without necessarily shady/criminal ties.

I thought that they were perhaps moving too quickly even though they'd known each other a long time and that Bea might be feeling the pressure since they got together just before her younger sister's wedding, started living together very quickly and were engaged a year later. All the while he had a toddler and ex fiancee and there were articles from her family about an overlap in relationships. It just seemed very messy.

However I hope they're happy together and I loved their wedding. They've weathered both her family scandals and covid without a break up when lots of people were predicting one. Half his family are married to wealthy and/or aristocratic people without the baggage that comes attached to the Yorks so I hope that means he's there for the right reasons. They both seemed genuinely thrilled on their wedding day.

I notice that a number of the comments are criticising the DM for stalking Bea.

In most DM articles' comment section, Edo was labelled a social climber, who abandoned "his beautiful, intelligent fiancee and son for an ugly dim princess with bug eyes".

It seems that different standards are applied to blood princesses and blood princes. Commenters who consider Prince William or Prince Harry to be "ugly dim princes" never question why the former Kate Middleton or the former Meghan Markle chose them over handsomer men; the mere fact that they are princes is regarded as being more than enough reason. If the genders of Beatrice and Edo had been reversed, I imagine Eda Mapelli Mozzi would have been seen as fortunate to marry Prince Bertie of York, no matter how his looks compared to Eda's previous boyfriend.

I am not sure Eda would be accused of abandoning her son for Prince Bertie, either; I think it is more likely that such commenters would assume (in spite of the reports about shared custody) that she would be the primary or even the only caretaker of her son.

I never know a social climber who is not upset that he was not granted a peerage nor his Italian Count title is not recognised in the UK. :cool:

Or in Italy, for that matter. Still, it was open to him to use it socially (as his father does), but he never has.

Last edited:
It seems that different standards are applied to blood princesses and blood princes. Commenters who consider Prince William or Prince Harry to be "ugly dim princes" never question why the former Kate Middleton or the former Meghan Markle chose them over handsomer men; ....

To be fair, these constantly-photographed princes are bound to have some off photos now and again. It's normal. Neither of them are ugly or dumb.

"Handsomer"?

When you put together all of the elements of their individual make up -- the looks, manners, humor, height, sensitivity, ... they look good.

:previous: Perhaps "ugly" is not a fair or accurate description of William and Harry, but to be honest there were and are better looking Royal men in Christendom.:cool:

But in terms of prestige and world fame, it's advantage Windsor all the way.

I would say the comment's vitriol is more directed at Edo, ranging from his facial expression and previous relationship. The comments toward Beatrice was just pitying her for a sweet girl being heartbroken being used/manipulated by her ex-boyfriend and husband, as well as being Andrew's daughter. In most DM articles' comment section, Edo was labelled a social climber, who abandoned "his beautiful, intelligent fiancee and son for an ugly dim princess with bug eyes". [...]

It seems that different standards are applied to blood princesses and blood princes. Commenters who consider Prince William or Prince Harry to be "ugly dim princes" never question why the former Kate Middleton or the former Meghan Markle chose them over handsomer men; the mere fact that they are princes is regarded as being more than enough reason. If the genders of Beatrice and Edo had been reversed, I imagine Eda Mapelli Mozzi would have been seen as fortunate to marry Prince Bertie of York, no matter how his looks compared to Eda's previous boyfriend. [...]

To be fair, these constantly-photographed princes are bound to have some off photos now and again. It's normal. Neither of them are ugly or dumb.

"Handsomer"?

When you put together all of the elements of their individual make up -- the looks, manners, humor, height, sensitivity, ... they look good.

I would assume that the commenters who would write that "When you put together all of the elements of their individual make up -- the looks, manners, humor, height, sensitivity, ... they look good" are not the same commenters who would write that they are "ugly dim princes". Even if they were in fact the same group of commenters, that would not account for why they apply a different standard to Princess Beatrice.

I notice that a number of the comments are criticising the DM for stalking Bea.
As they should. I don't understand how Bea, Edo, Pippa etc put up with being constantly followed around by the paparazzi and I don't understand why the pics that are the result of it are being posted here on the forums by us who should know better.

As they should. I don't understand how Bea, Edo, Pippa etc put up with being constantly followed around by the paparazzi and I don't understand why the pics that are the result of it are being posted here on the forums by us who should know better.

They are public figures to an extent.. not as working royals but as minor royals and connections. Pippa seemed to be quite happy with a certain amount of media attention a few years ago, though I think since her marriage she's perhaps given up hope of having some kind of career and is happy to be a housewife and mother.

They are public figures to an extent.. not as working royals but as minor royals and connections. Pippa seemed to be quite happy with a certain amount of media attention a few years ago, though I think since her marriage she's perhaps given up hope of having some kind of career and is happy to be a housewife and mother.
I agree with them being public figures, but I still don't understand their paparazzi pictures being posted by people who lament the media treatment of other royals in other threads. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone since I'm sure that I've done it myself too.

I'm kind of ambivalent on the photos existing. I don't think we get that many pics of Bea and Edo, maybe once a week or less and it probably amounts to less than 5% of their day. There's a bit more interest now she's announced she's married/pregnant but before their marriage we could go for many months without photos or even years if you don't count official events.

Sarah has talked about bringing her girls up to accept some public interest in them and to smile at the photographers which I think is a more helpful outlook than constantly battling them, simply for the sake of their peace of mind. I assume if they stepped over the line then a complaint would be issued.

The nastiest coverage they're received hasn't really been about paparazzi photographs at all but articles their appearances at official events, their perceived "desperate hanger on" status and their parents' scandals and personalities.

Most photos of Eugenie come directly from her own Instagram.

I think the treatment of Kate and Pippa in the early 2000s was awful but it seems to have calmed down a whole lot for all of them since then.

Last edited:
I agree with them being public figures, but I still don't understand their paparazzi pictures being posted by people who lament the media treatment of other royals in other threads. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone since I'm sure that I've done it myself too.
I dont think that the media are so terrible to Bea and Eugenie these days. They did get stick from the tabloids for a time but I think that was partly because they were perceived as being "flitting about socialites" and also because they shared in some of the unpopularity of And and Sarah. But now IMO coverage is reasonably favorable and is just the odd photo of them..and they get a bit of favorable notice for their charity work.. which is good.
Anyone n the RF has to expect a bit of press notice.. and they will get boht unfair criticism and extravagant praise.. and both extremes have to be tolerated.

They mirror one anothers body language...both of them holding the left hand across their stomachs at the same time.

Fascinating!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom