Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli M. and Family, Current Events 1: 2020 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are three of them on the photo, in fact :flowers:?;)

Edo is always so effusive and romantic on his IG. Beatrice is lucky.?

:previous: It's interesting to me that Edo and Beatrice are not at Balmoral with the rest of the York family.

:previous: It's interesting to me that Edo and Beatrice are not at Balmoral with the rest of the York family.

Members of the family normally take turns at Balmoral, so they are not all at the estate at the same time. Besides, I don't know how the ongoing Covid situation is still affecting how many people can be at Balmoral with the Queen at any given time. Based on her age, Beatrice may not have been double-jabbed yet as the UK is still sticking to a eight-week interval between the first and second doses of the vaccine, I think. Could anyone comment please?

People in their early 30s were invited for their first jabs in mid to late May, so, assuming that Beatrice and Eugenie booked appointments as soon as they were able to, they should both be fully vaccinated by now.

They're probably just staggering their visits so that they're not all there at once, partly to avoid there being too many people around and partly so that the Queen's got company at different times.

It's also possible that Beatrice doesn't want to make the long journey. The baby's due "in the autumn", which could mean late November but could also mean early September. I assume she hopes to give birth at one of the London hospitals, and Balmoral's over 500 miles away. They could rush her to Aberdeen General if need be, but I'm sure she'd rather stick to her plan!

Last edited:
:previous: I was thinking the same. Very interesting!

:previous:

A fantastic interview in support of a great initiative. It was given to promote the Helen Arkell dyslexia charity, of which the Princess is not only the patron but is "incredibly grateful for the work that they've done to support me in my life."

A few wonderful quotations from the interview, which will hopefully take a step in shifting the narrative.

"Honestly, what inspired me to talk about dyslexia the way that I have, is because I really want to change the narrative around the diagnosis. Even referring to it as a diagnosis I feel does a disservice to the brilliance of some of the most fantastic minds that we have.

[...]

How do we inspire things to be done in a different way? It's not a one size, one solution fits all model. And I think that really needs to be talked about.

"I was very lucky that when I was first told that I had dyslexia, not one person around me ever made me feel like it was a 'lesser than' scenario. It was always about moving forward, it was always about what you could do. Never about what you can't.

[...]

I think that having dyslexia and reflecting on where I am right now in my career path, and also as an older person looking back, it definitely has allowed me to look at things in a new way and come up with solutions. I always describe it like being able to think in a circle. Yes, my spelling is appalling, and I wish that I could do something about that. But luckily, spellcheck has sorted that out for me."

[...]

"Homeschooling, that was definitely not my forte! Not going to lie. Sadly, I can't blame that on dyslexia. But I've felt very lucky to have had the chance to work with my bonus son (Wolfie) over the course of the school closures. It was a huge learning curve for all of us."

[...]

Giovanna: Before you were told you had dyslexia aged seven, what was that run-up in school like?

"I remember feeling really confused – an overwhelming sense of, 'Why does this all feel a little bit muddled? Why do I feel like these words on the page are just a bunch of… What is going on here? What am I expected to do with this?' Maybe it's a personality trait, but I don't like feeling muddled.

"And I think that mentality really led my parents and others on an age of discovery. I'm very lucky that I had some fantastic teachers that were aware of different diagnoses and different practices that we could work towards.

"But that feeling of confusion, feeling a little bit like you're the odd one out… I remember one teacher, I'd be looking at the words trying to formulate them in front of me, and I just looked at her with these big eyes to say, 'What am I supposed to do?' And her response was, 'The words are not written on my face.' And I'm thinking, 'Well, I don't know what they're doing on the page either!'

"I think it was quite an empowering thing actually, between the age of seven and 11, really figuring out what you could and couldn't do. I actually think it's been the making of some of my best decision-makings."

[...]

I was thinking about this as well, that if any child, any bonus son, or future babies that are on their way, are lucky enough to be diagnosed with dyslexia, I feel incredibly grateful to have tools such as the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity to be able to tap into, to give them that extra support. I think it's really important for every parent, that they feel they are not alone in this.

"My husband's also dyslexic so we'll see whether we're having this conversation in a couple of months' time with a new baby in the house, but I really see it as a gift. And I think life is about the moments, it's the challenges that make you.

[...]

"Young people nowadays are dealing with so much information, whether it's from social media or other platforms, that adding a dyslexic diagnosis can be a real challenge. So, if we can do even one thing to make sure that they don't feel different, that's when all the good things can really happen. We can make sure that no child feels like they are alone."

Last edited:

A fantastic interview in support of a great initiative. It was given to promote the Helen Arkell dyslexia charity, of which the Princess is not only the patron but is "incredibly grateful for the work that they've done to support me in my life."

A few wonderful quotations from the interview, which will hopefully take a step in shifting the narrative.

Attitude is everything. I truly believe that those of us that have faced challenges in our lives and addressed them head on with the attitude of "what am I going to do about this" with a "can do" attitude find that gold at the end of the rainbow and have wonderful opportunities for growth and end up helping others along the way. ?

Yesterday, September 9, Princess Beatrice as Patron attended a celebration for the 10th anniversary of the Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice:

** Video **

Last edited:
:previous: Hmm...technically it isn't really Fall yet, and that is when Buckingham Palace stated that the baby was due.

Also, when Beatrice was last seen in public yesterday she didn't look like she was ready to deliver at any minute.

In any case, I am praying for a safe delivery and a happy outcome!

:previous: Hmm...technically it isn't really Fall yet, and that is when Buckingham Palace stated that the baby was due.

Also, when Beatrice was last seen in public yesterday she didn't look like she was ready to deliver at any minute.

In her mid-August interview (see above) the princess commented "we'll see whether we're having this conversation in a couple of months' time with a new baby in the house". I interpreted her comment as a due date later than mid-September but earlier than mid-October. Hopefully the hospitalization is not due to a premature delivery or a complication.

I am not sure but I think that the UK changes seasons, like we do in Australia and NZ, at the beginning of the month and not in the middle. If so then it is already autumn in the UK and has been for nearly three weeks.

This is what is taught to the UK students and it says that the seasons are:

Summer - June, July, August
Autumn - September, October, November
Winter - December, January, February
Spring - March, April, May

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zkvv4wx/articles/zcx3gk7

Last edited:
That’s right. I lived in England until my twenties and September was always regarded as the month going into autumn. It may be that they kept the exact month purposely vague because they didn’t want a whole heap of press attention and speculation once September arrived.

:previous: Thanks iluvbertie and Curry. I guess this would also explain why Beatrice chose to remain in London instead of joining her parents at Balmoral.

Beatrice usually only goes to Balmoral for the weekend closest to her birthday in early August. Otherwise she stays south of the border.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...egnant-Princess-Beatrice-London-hospital.html

Princess Beatrice admitted to hospital on Friday.
Prince Andrew due to leave Balmoral to see her.

I think this news that Andrew is due to leave Balmoral to see Beatrice in hospital is just pure speculation. Unless there is some sort of serious complication, I imagine he and Sarah won't see Beatrice and the baby until after they go home. We never saw them visiting Eugenie in hospital when she had August. And I don't remember the other royals having their parents visit them in the hospital after they gave birth, either.

If Beatrice was admitted to hospital on Friday for the purpose of giving birth, the child would have been born by now.

Unfortunately I suspect that there has been some sort of pregnancy complication. Buckingham Palace's silence amid all this speculation feels ominous.:ermm:

JMHO
ETA for rmay286... when William was born, both of Diana's parents came to the hospital and so did HMQ. Ronald Ferguson went to see Sarah when Beatrice was born.

Last edited:
BREAKING
The Sun reports Princess Beatrice was admitted in a London hospital yesterday!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16177724/prince-andrew-pregnant-princess-beatrice/

The article in the Daily Mail is merely quoting from the Sun's "exclusive".

I think this news that Andrew is due to leave Balmoral to see Beatrice in hospital is just pure speculation.

You are correct. Both articles state quite clearly that the talk of a possible visit is purely speculation from the anonymous "Balmoral insider" who commented to The Sun that "I'm sure he will want to go to her".

The only information which the Sun's exclusive is reporting as a fact is that Princess Beatrice was admitted to an unspecified hospital on Friday.

I imagine that unless it’s an emergency Andrew will stay at Balmoral. He wouldn’t want to risk certain people finding him and giving him certain papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom