Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli M. and Family, Current Events 1: 2020 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True...but then again I don't think Eugenie uses her married name on social media either....or does she?

And btw how do we know that Edo self identifies as Anglican rather than Catholic? I am not saying that he doesn't, just curious.

They use their social media for their role as royal patrons, to promote good causes. For them it is their 'professional name' though they do also have jobs. It makes sense they would continue to use their old handles on social media. More people will find them that way, then as Brooksbank or Mozzi. I guess they could switch to Princess Beatrice, Mrs Mozzi but it really wouldn't serve a purpose here.

As for Edo being Anglican or catholic, that was addressed after their engagement. And Edo's parents were married in an Anglican ceremony.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...doardo-mapelli-mozzi-royal-wedding-andrew-spt

He confirms that he wears a wedding ring, in contrast to many male members of the British royal family. .
Of the male members of The Queen's close family, Peter Phillips wore a wedding band during his marriage, Harry and Mike Tindall wear one, and Charles and Andrew wore wedding bands under their signet rings on their pinky fingers; I'm not sure about Edward. Philip, William, and Jack do not wear wedding bands.

Last edited:
As stated, well brought up young ladies respond to mail. However, Beatrice made it more personal by adding g a wedding photo (one of my favourites) and took the opportunity to share her support for front line workers so kudos to Beatrice.

Today I found some new photos of Beatrice and Edoardo's wedding 3 pics are black and white one color. Very beautiful shots. One can find them on Europe's Royals page, enjoy.

Today I found some new photos of Beatrice and Edoardo's wedding 3 pics are black and white one color. Very beautiful shots. One can find them on Europe's Royals page, enjoy.

If you are referring to these, they aren't new, have been shared here already.

https://europesroyals.tumblr.com/page/3

Just copy and paste the url address next time, so we can just jump to see the photos you are talking about.

Last edited:
According to this royal fan's instagram account, Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi were spotted today/yesterday (night). I'm not quite sure about the location. The press (most likely Daily Mail or Hello magazine) hasn't picked it up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIZvUcjn0Az/

What a naughty girl. The Pss is. How are others know it was not a business meeting/ dinner. Maybe they should have used a bit more space between them granted. So the other unnamed guests seen alcoholic drinks at the Pss's table. If it would have been just anyone it would not have made the cover page of some tabloid, but being Pss Beatrice and her husband it made Breaking News. People need to get a grip on themself's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Beatrice's rep has responded to rumors that she and her husband broke COVID-19 lockdown rules for dinner out with four other people:

“This was a midweek Wednesday evening, work related, business development dinner, it was held in compliance with all government guidelines, the dinner was held in the early evening and all parties left in good time before the government curfew. "Strict masks were worn in line with the government advice."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-beatrice-does-not-remember-23155744

It's too late. She should have just apologized and kept it moving.
Stressing that it was work related is in direct contrast to the photo of Beatrice hugging Peter Dundas and them "catching up" .

I gather that this is happening quite a lot in London (or was, until restaurants there had to close today): people are going out to restaurants and saying that they're at "business meetings". It's not brilliantly convincing if the supposed business associates bring their partners along, and even less so if they're then seen hugging. If it'd been anyone other than Beatrice, then, no, no-one would have taken any notice, but she should have been more discreet. She didn't *have* to go, and she must have realised that she'd attract attention. No-one *has* to hold a business meeting in a posh restaurant.

I think she probably would have done better to just admit she was bending (breaking) the rules about households and apologise.

There does remain a slight chance that they're in some type of business together I suppose.

This is really horrible, people tell on others, like little kids. Maybe the paper should have ask them. There are more important things in life then stick ones nose in other peoples business. Maybe they should go and fly a kite. Maybe these troublemakers are getting paid?, shame on them.

This is really horrible, people tell on others, like little kids. Maybe the paper should have ask them. There are more important things in life then stick ones nose in other peoples business. Maybe they should go and fly a kite. Maybe these troublemakers are getting paid?, shame on them.

Maybe people who break the rules are adding to the spread of the virus and lengthening the time we have to spend in lockdown

Ironically, if she is still using her apartment at St James' she could have had people round to the apartment without anyone being able to see given how many people go in and out of St James'.

If you were working in a hospital in London and had to take care of 7 COVID patients instead of the 2 which was normal, how would you feel about someone contributing to the spread of the disease, Beatrice? Who obviously doesn’t think the rules apply to her.

There have been conflicting reports. One stated they were not observing guidelines put in place, another says that they were. I guess this is one of those situations where one would actually have had to *be* there to see exactly what the situation was.

I do see the point of people getting upset if they weren't observing set guidelines as those guidelines are in place to protect *all* of us and i kind of deem it along the lines of witnessing a hit and run accident. You report what you've seen as a good citizen. Of course, should there be three witnesses to the same hit and run, there could be conflicting stories there too.

I'm going to accept Princess Beatrice's representative's words on the matter. ?

What I want to know is why can't she be having a business dinner with a friend?

Why can't friends also be doing business together?

Where is the proof that this wasn't a business dinner?

Is this simply a case of the haters deciding that because Beatrice is a York she is breaking the rules and people preferring to believe that than actually believing that Beatrice was working and was having a business dinner?

The idea that you don't take partners/spouses out for a business dinner doesn't wash to me as I know that many times my father was accompanied by my mother when he went to business dinners and vice versa. Often it was in the relaxed atmosphere of having each other there that helped them decide whether the proposal would even work.

I have no idea whether Beatrice was at a business dinner but equally I have no reason to think she is lying.

Laughing while at a business dinner - so what. Having a drink with dinner - big deal. Where is there a rule that says when having a business discussion you:

a) can't have a drink
b) can't have a laugh
c) can't be with friends (i.e. can't do business with friends/acquaintances)
d) can't have spouse with you.

It seems to me that this is just the gutter press, and the supporters of said press, assuming that Beatrice wasn't doing what she said she was doing out of hate for Beatrice and the BRF (the British media have been reporting negatively on the royal family for a long time now with the clear motive - to remove them ... remember that Murdoch, who now owns most of the British gutter press is an avowed republican).

Is this simply a case of the haters deciding that because Beatrice is a York she is breaking the rules and people preferring to believe that than actually believing that Beatrice was working and was having a business dinner?

The idea that you don't take partners/spouses out for a business dinner doesn't wash to me as I know that many times my father was accompanied by my mother when he went to business dinners and vice versa. Often it was in the relaxed atmosphere of having each other there that helped them decide whether the proposal would even work.

I have no idea whether Beatrice was at a business dinner but equally I have no reason to think she is lying.

Laughing while at a business dinner - so what. Having a drink with dinner - big deal. Where is there a rule that says when having a business discussion you:

a) can't have a drink
b) can't have a laugh

It seems to me that this is just the gutter press, and the supporters of said press, assuming that Beatrice wasn't doing what she said she was doing out of hate for Beatrice and the BRF (the British media have been reporting negatively on the royal family for a long time now with the clear motive - to remove them ... remember that Murdoch, who now owns most of the British gutter press is an avowed republican).

I fully agree. What proof is there that it wasn’t a business meeting.the gutter press refuses to accept that she even has a job in their eyes no matter what her employer will say. As for the people telling in the restaurant. What where they doing in the restaurant as well. An old bible saying is take the log from your eye before telling me if the splinter in mine

a) can't have a drink
b) can't have a laugh

I think of it has part to do with her.

Beatrice has a bad reputation thanks to the media of being a party girl. Of not having a job (even though she does) and so on. Sadly people don't think a lot for themselves sometimes and follow what tabloids print.

She does work for Afiniti still which helps do marketing work for a number of companies. I see no reason to believe just because her husband was there,it was not a business meeting. Yes business meetings happen in restaurants. And yes there is sometimes alcohol involved.

All we have is people who saw her and their interpretation of what they saw.

I am one of the biggest sticklers for guidelines thanks to my work. But I'd rather them have the meeting at the restaurant then in an offfice. Or in a private home. In the restaurant the guidelines and restrictions about distance, masks, cleanliness and such are enforced. In privacy they rarely are, why private parties have cause the largest spread.

Tatler has picked up and interpreted the Financial Times interview

What we learnt about Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi from his Financial Times profile
Princess Beatrice's husband would never be without his wedding ring, only recently discovered the joys of The River Cafe and loves cooking and playing squash
https://www.tatler.com/article/what...apelli-mozzi-from-his-financial-times-profile

Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi spoken to Architectural Digest on indoor design of his latest London development.

Edo Mapelli Mozzi—Princess Beatrice’s Husband—Loves White Marble As Much As You Do
His latest London development is a testament to that fact
https://www.architecturaldigest.com...-husband-loves-white-marble-as-much-as-you-do

Thanks for the links. Around the time of Edo/Beatrice's engagement, I'd posted a number of other business profile and property development-related articles about Edo and his architectural design firm, Banda. I found his background in architectural design and property development to be quite interesting and impressive. Also, the many quotes by Edo in relation to his work were fascinating. That's why I've always been skeptical about the tendency I've seen by some royal observers (not necessarily on TRF) to criticize Edo and to side-eye his character without really knowing much about him, or taking the time to find out more about him from the many available articles about his successful business.

From the second link you provided, I found another Architectural Digest feature on Edo & Banda, which includes a podcast interview with Edo. It's nice to hear his speaking voice for the first time, since Bea & Edo never gave a joint public interview after their engagement or their marriage.

For those who are interested, enjoy:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com...cdb202353_aff-user-entity-topic-similarity-v2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom