The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-09-2020, 03:03 AM
Administrator

Beatrice was seen out in London last night:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Princess Beatrice shows off her chic sense of style in black velvet dress for dinner..**

Old 10-09-2020, 08:20 PM
Aristocracy

Nice dress,she wears lots of black,she can pull it off well.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:23 PM
Aristocracy

Good, she wore a mask. Sensible at this time.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
Good, she wore a mask. Sensible at this time.
She's been wearing a mask when out pretty constantly recently.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just read an interview that Edoardo gave to the Financial Times...what an extremely elegant, refined man Beatrice is married to. And he said something so sweet and romantic it took my breath away.

Could someone here post the link?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-15-2020, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

Please post the link. I am eager to read it. Thank you.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

Was it this interview?

https://www.ft.com/content/c9391a7d-...f-da52414dc07c
Old 10-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes...thank you!! I couldn't post it from my phone.

The one object Edoardo can never be parted with is his wedding ring....Le Swoon! LOL!

Beatrice is a lucky lady.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-16-2020, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Great look a bit more into who Edo is

I love that he had his stepfather do a custom sculpture for Beatrice for her birthday. A custom piece of art is so special, even more so when it is from someone close.

I love the comment about his wedding ring. But also about the cuff links. It speaks volumes to the relationship he had with Christopher before he died. He was quite close to his first stepfather (named his son for him).
Old 10-16-2020, 09:12 AM
Nobility

Princess Beatrice has thanked everyone who sent their best wishes to Edo and herself on their wedding day via a tweet. The message also included the two official photographs of the wedding
Princess Beatrice of York @yorkiebea
Thank you to everyone who has sent in and tweeted their best wishes for our special day in July. Edo and I are so excited to embark on this new chapter together [Red heart]
11:50 PM · Oct 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://mobile.twitter.com/yorkiebea...85385047052288
Old 10-16-2020, 01:31 PM
Aristocracy

What a handsome man, Beatrice and Edo are so lucky to found each other. His remark about his wedding ring is so sweet. Good Luck to both.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
He confirms that he wears a wedding ring, in contrast to many male members of the British royal family. Again, I wonder whether the couple used the Common Worship marriage service in which it is standard to exchange rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Princess Beatrice has thanked everyone who sent their best wishes to Edo and herself on their wedding day via a tweet. The message also included the two official photographs of the wedding
Thank you to everyone who has sent in and tweeted their best wishes for our special day in July. Edo and I are so excited to embark on this new chapter together [Red heart]
11:50 PM · Oct 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://mobile.twitter.com/yorkiebea...85385047052288
Interesting, albeit not surprising to me, that she continues to call herself of York rather than Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on Twitter.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
He confirms that he wears a wedding ring, in contrast to many male members of the British royal family.

Edoardo is not a member of the British royal family. He is a member of the Mapelli Mozzi family.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:57 PM
Courtier

He came across as pretty much what he is: a very well off, very well connected young business man.

The sculpture is a lovely idea, very personal and special.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Edoardo is not a member of the British royal family. He is a member of the Mapelli Mozzi family.
The list of members of the British royal family on its official site was updated to include his name.

https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/f..._family_11.pdf

Regarding his birth family it might be more on point to describe him as a member of the Shale family, as his strongest family connections appear to be with his maternal family and stepfamily (he also identifies with their Anglican faith rather than the Catholic faith of his paternal ancestors). He apparently has little contact with his paternal family, referring to his deceased stepfather Christopher Shale as the only father he had ever known.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
This is from the Financial Times' "How to spend it" page... In defence of the FT - they made this already, before Internet Influencers were a thing.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Another tweet by Princess Beatrice. She also retweeted/quoted the Royal Collection Trust's exhibition on her wedding dress
It was an honour to wear my grandmother’s beautiful dress on my wedding day, I hope many of you are able to visit the exhibition which is still open at Windsor Castle
12:06 AM · Oct 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/yorkiebea/status...89408710004737
Old 10-16-2020, 06:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
He confirms that he wears a wedding ring, in contrast to many male members of the British royal family. Again, I wonder whether the couple used the Common Worship marriage service in which it is standard to exchange rings.

Interesting, albeit not surprising to me, that she continues to call herself of York rather than Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on Twitter.
Princess Eugenie's instagram name and handle are "Princess Eugenie" and @princesseugenie.
https://www.instagram.com/princesseugenie/?hl=en

Based on an old instagram post from the Duke of York with the announcement that Princess Eugenie is now on instagram, I think she has the same handle and name even before her wedding. (i.e. "@princesseugenie" and Princess Eugenie). I assumed because by the time she is on instagram, she was already engaged to Jack Brooksbank, there is little point using "Princess Eugenie of York" (as the name under the number of posts/followers/following) for less than a year. After all, she might change the "name" in the future, if not after the wedding.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgETZ7RAQTA/

From Princess Beatrice's twitter account, she joined in November 2011, which is way before her engagement. I also assumed that she is probably going to be "Princess Beatrice of York" for a couple of years. She could change her handle and name similar to Princess Eugenie's, but the verification, I think could take a while to process. It could also be harder to search for earlier tweets if the handle is changed (I might be wrong here)
https://twitter.com/yorkiebea
Old 10-16-2020, 09:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

True...but then again I don't think Eugenie uses her married name on social media either....or does she?

And btw how do we know that Edo self identifies as Anglican rather than Catholic? I am not saying that he doesn't, just curious.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
True...but then again I don't think Eugenie uses her married name on social media either....or does she?
No, Eugenie does not used her married name "Mrs. Jack Brooksbank" or "Mrs. Brooksbank". Her instagram name and handle are "Princess Eugenie" and @princesseugenie, even before her wedding
https://www.instagram.com/princesseugenie/?hl=en