The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-08-2020, 05:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Beatrice seen shopping in London yesterday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-Company.html
So happy to see her back in the UK. I like the casual look with the dark "military style" blazer.

P.s. Am I not the only one who likes her thick red hair

Old 09-08-2020, 08:43 AM
Royal Highness

AC21091968...I personally love the color of Beatrice's hair. Have known women to spend quite a lot of money to accomplish that tone.

Old 09-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

As always, pregnancy speculation, and commentary about weight is off topic here, as it is in any thread on the forum.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post
Princess Beatrice has a coat of arms. In looking on the net it does not appear to have changed at all since her marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
According to Wikipedia and quick Google search, Princess Eugenie's coat of arms has not changed since marriage.

Posters on Wikipedia and other websites are just guessing like the rest of us.

For those who have an interest in this question, please review the laws of married women's arms from the heraldic authority of England and Wales. I've written a short summary below.

The Arms of Women, a Decree. | The Heraldry Society
Same-sex marriages - College of Arms
The Law of Arms - College of Arms

With the laws of arms in England and Wales, a woman who bears a coat of arms through her father or by grant to herself, and whose husband likewise bears a coat of arms through his father or by grant to himself, has three options available to her.

She may bear her paternal or granted arms alone.

She may bear her husband's paternal or granted arms alone.

Or she may marshal, i.e. unite, the two coats of arms. Usually they would be be marshalled by impalement (placing the two coats side by side on the same shield), however, where the wife is a grantee or "heraldic heiress" her arms are usually placed on an inescutcheon (smaller shield) at the center of her husband's arms.

Her husband is entitled to choose between bearing his paternal/granted arms alone or marshalling the two coats, though from what I hear the vast majority of men prefer to bear their own arms alone.

That being said, I have no information about how an Italian coat of arms belonging to a British citizen would be dealt with by the British or Italian laws of arms.

Like the posters on Wikipedia etc., my guess would be that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and the other married blood princesses prefer to bear their own arms alone, as eminent women often do. But unless they have verifiably stated their preferences, it is only an educated guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Coat of arms are passed through the father's line not the mother's line.
It depends on what one means by "passed through the father's line not the mother's line.". The English law provides that the general right to use arms is only transmissible through fathers, but a child who bears his or her father's arms may quarter them with the arms of their mother if the mother is a heraldic heiress or grantee (refer to the above links for sources).
Old 09-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have corrected an error in my summary. The husband in the scenario laid out above is entitled to choose from two options, not three. Unlike the wife, the husband is not entitled to bear his spouse's arms alone. If he wishes to bear his wife's arms, he must marshal them with his own arms.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:55 PM
Gentry

I believe as of a few days ago,only 6 people can be together., in a gathering. So I am glad Pss Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi married when they did, or they would have to wait a long time. They are stronger together.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
I believe as of a few days ago,only 6 people can be together., in a gathering. So I am glad Pss Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi married when they did, or they would have to wait a long time. They are stronger together.
It doesn't take effect until Monday. So I guess they could have had a rush wedding this weekend if they hadn't yet.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:18 AM
Nobility

I read that events of significance can still have 30 people. They mentioned weddings and funerals.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:55 AM
Majesty

wel since they are already married, its academic.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Beatrice was seen in London yesterday:

** dm article: Bea careful! Princess Beatrice dons a face mask with her gym gear as she carries a bag of ..**
Old 09-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Courtier

30 people can attend the actual marriage service, as long as they don't sit together in groups of more than 6. But only 6 can attend the reception, because that's not the official special occasion.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice with Edoardo and his son, were spotted in London

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...waits-car.html
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice was at Windsor Castle for the public display of her Wedding Dress (including a replica bouquet and Valentino shoe).

https://twitter.com/PAImages/status/1308754204094279683