The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2021, 11:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Hmm...technically it isn't really Fall yet, and that is when Buckingham Palace stated that the baby was due.

Also, when Beatrice was last seen in public yesterday she didn't look like she was ready to deliver at any minute.

In any case, I am praying for a safe delivery and a happy outcome!
I am not sure but I think that the UK changes seasons, like we do in Australia and NZ, at the beginning of the month and not in the middle. If so then it is already autumn in the UK and has been for nearly three weeks.

This is what is taught to the UK students and it says that the seasons are:

Summer - June, July, August
Autumn - September, October, November
Winter - December, January, February
Spring - March, April, May

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topic...ticles/zcx3gk7

Old 09-18-2021, 11:30 PM
Majesty

Thatís right. I lived in England until my twenties and September was always regarded as the month going into autumn. It may be that they kept the exact month purposely vague because they didnít want a whole heap of press attention and speculation once September arrived.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks iluvbertie and Curry. I guess this would also explain why Beatrice chose to remain in London instead of joining her parents at Balmoral.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-19-2021, 12:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice usually only goes to Balmoral for the weekend closest to her birthday in early August. Otherwise she stays south of the border.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Hopefully the hospitalization is not due to a premature delivery or a complication.
I hope that is indeed true, and Beatrice and the baby are fine.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hospital.html

Princess Beatrice admitted to hospital on Friday.
Prince Andrew due to leave Balmoral to see her.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hospital.html

Princess Beatrice admitted to hospital on Friday.
Prince Andrew due to leave Balmoral to see her.
I think this news that Andrew is due to leave Balmoral to see Beatrice in hospital is just pure speculation. Unless there is some sort of serious complication, I imagine he and Sarah won't see Beatrice and the baby until after they go home. We never saw them visiting Eugenie in hospital when she had August. And I don't remember the other royals having their parents visit them in the hospital after they gave birth, either.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

If Beatrice was admitted to hospital on Friday for the purpose of giving birth, the child would have been born by now.

Unfortunately I suspect that there has been some sort of pregnancy complication. Buckingham Palace's silence amid all this speculation feels ominous.

JMHO
ETA for rmay286... when William was born, both of Diana's parents came to the hospital and so did HMQ. Ronald Ferguson went to see Sarah when Beatrice was born.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-19-2021, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
BREAKING
The Sun reports Princess Beatrice was admitted in a London hospital yesterday!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/161777...cess-beatrice/

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
The article in the Daily Mail is merely quoting from the Sun's "exclusive".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I think this news that Andrew is due to leave Balmoral to see Beatrice in hospital is just pure speculation.
You are correct. Both articles state quite clearly that the talk of a possible visit is purely speculation from the anonymous "Balmoral insider" who commented to The Sun that "I'm sure he will want to go to her".

The only information which the Sun's exclusive is reporting as a fact is that Princess Beatrice was admitted to an unspecified hospital on Friday.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I imagine that unless itís an emergency Andrew will stay at Balmoral. He wouldnít want to risk certain people finding him and giving him certain papers.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

I do hope everything is okay or at least improving. The fact that she was admitted on Friday and no news since is a little worrying.

The fact that as far as we know Andrew and Fergie *haven't* dashed to her side is probably a good sign but it's not like they could do much even if there was an emergency.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe Beatrice has asked them to stay away to avoid a frenzy? Edoardo is there and both sets of parents are undoubtedly monitoring the situation very closely.

If Beatrice is not delivered in the next couple of days I suspect that she is being put on bed rest until her baby arrives...either at the hospital or at home in St. James Palace.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
With it being stated that Beatrice was admitted to a hospital and no other real details, we're just assuming that it's for childbirth reasons. That isn't necessarily so. It could be anything from a viral infection to something the doctors just want to keep an eye on for now. It could even be Braxton Hicks (false labor).

As far as family rushing en masse to to see Beatrice, it's probably not going to happen. If the hospital she's in is anything like mine here, Eduardo is probably the *only* person able to be with her due to covid restrictions and safety measures. Even if a spouse takes his wife/husband to the ER here, while they're being treated (unless there are special needs that require the spouse to be there), they have to wait in the parking lot and not even in the hospital waiting room.

I'm going to wait for more official releases before assuming anything about this.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

All you stated is true...but isn't Braxton‐Hicks contractions childbirth related?

Old 09-19-2021, 02:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
All you stated is true...but isn't Braxton‐Hicks contractions childbirth related?
I think Braxton-Hicks are "trainings" contractions.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
All you stated is true...but isn't Braxton‐Hicks childbirth related?
Yeps. It's definitely childbirth related and women are kept for observation and then sent home most times. Doesn't necessarily mean she's in labor and about to give birth. Just that the time is getting very close and the kid is planning his route and figuring out just when is the most inconvenient time to actually put his parents through the paces (Eduardo doing most of it) for real.
Old 09-19-2021, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
JMHO
ETA for rmay286... when William was born, both of Diana's parents came to the hospital and so did HMQ. Ronald Ferguson went to see Sarah when Beatrice was born.
Ah that's interesting. Thanks
Old 09-19-2021, 06:35 PM
Commoner

Another possibility is that HRH Princess Beatrice has had her baby already, but she and Mr. Mapelli-Mozzi want to enjoy them privately before revealing them to the world. Whatever the case may be, I pray for the health and safety of mother and child.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:59 PM
Majesty

I’m sure we hope that’s true. IMO it’s got beyond the possibility of false labour. I had that late in my first pregnancy, was admitted, put under observation for several hours, then when the pains died away, sent home.

If Beatrice is in hospital for a childbirth matter and hasn’t yet had her baby (and it seems by the silence that she hasn’t) then Beatrice may well be ordered bed rest under observation for two or three days for some reason.

Of course other possibilities are that she left by an exit unnoticed by photographers on Friday/Saturday and is resting at home.

Or the original tabloid report is untrue. It may be that a member of staff said something as innocuous as ‘The Princess is getting very large and uncomfortable, shouldn’t be long now!’ and a reporter blew it all up into a story.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think if it was untrue, the princess, BP or someone in her family (her VERY chatty mother!) would have shut this rumor down by now. It's the radio silence from all quarters that has me a little rattled.