The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2021, 01:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps "ugly" is not a fair or accurate description of William and Harry, but to be honest there were and are better looking Royal men in Christendom.

But in terms of prestige and world fame, it's advantage Windsor all the way.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-29-2021, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
I would say the comment's vitriol is more directed at Edo, ranging from his facial expression and previous relationship. The comments toward Beatrice was just pitying her for a sweet girl being heartbroken being used/manipulated by her ex-boyfriend and husband, as well as being Andrew's daughter. In most DM articles' comment section, Edo was labelled a social climber, who abandoned "his beautiful, intelligent fiancee and son for an ugly dim princess with bug eyes". [...]
It seems that different standards are applied to blood princesses and blood princes. Commenters who consider Prince William or Prince Harry to be "ugly dim princes" never question why the former Kate Middleton or the former Meghan Markle chose them over handsomer men; the mere fact that they are princes is regarded as being more than enough reason. If the genders of Beatrice and Edo had been reversed, I imagine Eda Mapelli Mozzi would have been seen as fortunate to marry Prince Bertie of York, no matter how his looks compared to Eda's previous boyfriend. [...]
To be fair, these constantly-photographed princes are bound to have some off photos now and again. It's normal. Neither of them are ugly or dumb.

"Handsomer"?

When you put together all of the elements of their individual make up -- the looks, manners, humor, height, sensitivity, ... they look good.
I would assume that the commenters who would write that "When you put together all of the elements of their individual make up -- the looks, manners, humor, height, sensitivity, ... they look good" are not the same commenters who would write that they are "ugly dim princes". Even if they were in fact the same group of commenters, that would not account for why they apply a different standard to Princess Beatrice.

Old 05-29-2021, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I notice that a number of the comments are criticising the DM for stalking Bea.
As they should. I don't understand how Bea, Edo, Pippa etc put up with being constantly followed around by the paparazzi and I don't understand why the pics that are the result of it are being posted here on the forums by us who should know better.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
As they should. I don't understand how Bea, Edo, Pippa etc put up with being constantly followed around by the paparazzi and I don't understand why the pics that are the result of it are being posted here on the forums by us who should know better.
They are public figures to an extent.. not as working royals but as minor royals and connections. Pippa seemed to be quite happy with a certain amount of media attention a few years ago, though I think since her marriage she's perhaps given up hope of having some kind of career and is happy to be a housewife and mother.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
They are public figures to an extent.. not as working royals but as minor royals and connections. Pippa seemed to be quite happy with a certain amount of media attention a few years ago, though I think since her marriage she's perhaps given up hope of having some kind of career and is happy to be a housewife and mother.
I agree with them being public figures, but I still don't understand their paparazzi pictures being posted by people who lament the media treatment of other royals in other threads. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone since I'm sure that I've done it myself too.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:19 AM
Royal Highness

I'm kind of ambivalent on the photos existing. I don't think we get that many pics of Bea and Edo, maybe once a week or less and it probably amounts to less than 5% of their day. There's a bit more interest now she's announced she's married/pregnant but before their marriage we could go for many months without photos or even years if you don't count official events.

Sarah has talked about bringing her girls up to accept some public interest in them and to smile at the photographers which I think is a more helpful outlook than constantly battling them, simply for the sake of their peace of mind. I assume if they stepped over the line then a complaint would be issued.

The nastiest coverage they're received hasn't really been about paparazzi photographs at all but articles their appearances at official events, their perceived "desperate hanger on" status and their parents' scandals and personalities.

Most photos of Eugenie come directly from her own Instagram.

I think the treatment of Kate and Pippa in the early 2000s was awful but it seems to have calmed down a whole lot for all of them since then.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I agree with them being public figures, but I still don't understand their paparazzi pictures being posted by people who lament the media treatment of other royals in other threads. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone since I'm sure that I've done it myself too.
I dont think that the media are so terrible to Bea and Eugenie these days. They did get stick from the tabloids for a time but I think that was partly because they were perceived as being "flitting about socialites" and also because they shared in some of the unpopularity of And and Sarah. But now IMO coverage is reasonably favorable and is just the odd photo of them..and they get a bit of favorable notice for their charity work.. which is good.
Anyone n the RF has to expect a bit of press notice.. and they will get boht unfair criticism and extravagant praise.. and both extremes have to be tolerated.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice with Edo spotted in London yesterday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ny-London.html
Old 06-06-2021, 11:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Beatrice with Edo spotted in London yesterday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ny-London.html
Beatrice is wearing her Gucci Ace Bee-Embroidered Sneakers ... very sweet.
Old 06-07-2021, 01:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

They mirror one anothers body language...both of them holding the left hand across their stomachs at the same time.

Fascinating!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 06-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice with Edo out for lunch in London today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...zi-London.html
Old 06-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

They eat out daily, it seems. Good for them!

Old 06-07-2021, 08:02 PM
Majesty

It is a wonder that The Daily Mail does not give an account of each item of food that Princess Beatrice and Edoardo eat. Would the public absolutely be interested in such news?
Old 06-25-2021, 05:54 AM
Serene Highness

In commemorating 10th year anniversary of death of Christopher Shale, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi has shared pictures of his stepfather with a moving caption on Instagram.
@edomapellimozzi Verified
Chrisdog, Pups, I can’t believe it has been 10 years. Not a day goes by without me thinking of you and leaning on all the lessons you taught me. You once said on my 18th birthday that being my stepfather was the greatest honour and privilege of your life. I echo this, being your stepson is the greatest honour of my life and I would never be standing here today without you. I know how proud you would be of us all today and so wish you had got to meet your 3 and soon to be 4 Grandchildren. What joy they would have brought you. I was just Wolfie’s age when you came into my world and changed everything.

You always believed in me, with unconditional love. You taught me honestly, laughter, hard work and empathy.

I love you today and always. ❤️

CWN-WWT
17m
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQidDhRgOT7/
Old 06-25-2021, 05:57 AM
Majesty

Indded a very moving statement by Edoardo.

Not every stepfather treats his wife's children as his own.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
It is a wonder that The Daily Mail does not give an account of each item of food that Princess Beatrice and Edoardo eat. Would the public absolutely be interested in such news?
No, I shouldn't think so.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In commemorating 10th year anniversary of death of Christopher Shale, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi has shared pictures of his stepfather with a moving caption on Instagram.
Chrisdog, Pups, I can’t believe it has been 10 years. Not a day goes by without me thinking of you and leaning on all the lessons you taught me. You once said on my 18th birthday that being my stepfather was the greatest honour and privilege of your life. I echo this, being your stepson is the greatest honour of my life and I would never be standing here today without you. I know how proud you would be of us all today and so wish you had got to meet your 3 and soon to be 4 Grandchildren. What joy they would have brought you. I was just Wolfie’s age when you came into my world and changed everything.

You always believed in me, with unconditional love. You taught me honestly, laughter, hard work and empathy.

CWN-WWT
17m

Oh that is really lovely. This young man is not shallow, but has a deep rich soul. Goes to show it is the nurturing of being a parent that is the greatest skill. I wish young Eduardo and his Princess a long loving and fruitful marriage.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

CWN-WWT
17m
Very touching posting, well done, Edo!
Old 06-25-2021, 06:47 AM
Nobility

It was very moving. Clearly, well-deserved as well.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Oh that is really lovely. This young man is not shallow, but has a deep rich soul. Goes to show it is the nurturing of being a parent that is the greatest skill. I wish young Eduardo and his Princess a long loving and fruitful marriage.
It is for a reason that Edo named his son after his stepfather; not sure how many stepchildren would do that (for their first son).