Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And is he never allowed to smile again?

No, he is not. He must look absolutely miserable or better yet, guilty, for the rest of his life. Or even better, disappear completely, never to be seen anywhere ever ever again. :rolleyes:

<sarcasm>

Last edited:
In efffect that's what has happened to him. He will only be seen in public on rare occasions, noone will work with him, and he's confined to private life.

In efffect that's what has happened to him. He will only be seen in public on rare occasions, noone will work with him, and he's confined to private life.

That's why he's not grinning ear to ear. He's in a prison of his own making. :D

I suppose he's trying to confine himself to private life. It's not his fault if some newspapers appear to find it necessary to print photos of him listening to something on earphones and then speculate about whether or not they're Apple earphones or any other sort of earphones, as if it's an issue which actually matters to anyone!

That's why he's not grinning ear to ear. He's in a prison of his own making. :D

he is but I think he does periodicially show how god awfully insensitive he is, by things like beig seen grinning away and sharing a joke with the queen only a short time after the disastrous interview. (not but what the quene should alos have been more sensitive.) I feel that Andrew will never feel much remorse for his stupid selfish behaviour... he will feel that it is very unfair that he was critiicised and forced to give up his work....

Duke of York spotted riding his horse today 25 March in Windsor

That he is permanently seen riding - and even if the paparazzis use the big lenses, he is aware of it by now. So, that he is attention seeking, that is one thing.

But should he not use a different saddle by now? He is using a very sporty one, wich supports only for the upper legs. A western saddle or better a norman knight's saddle would be probably more appropriate for his age - more supportive for the upper body...

That he is permanently seen riding - and even if the paparazzis use the big lenses, he is aware of it by now. So, that he is attention seeking, that is one thing.

But should he not use a different saddle by now? He is using a very sporty one, wich supports only for the upper legs. A western saddle or better a norman knight's saddle would be probably more appropriate for his age - more supportive for the upper body...

How is he attention seeking? He is riding,

How is he attention seeking? He is riding,

Oh, come on! He or his staff reads the press: He knows, that he is photographed and the pics are published in the press, whenever he is out riding. This time he even has a "coat of arms" onto his jacket...

C-list VIPs, frollicking at the beaches of Dubai, which are "just bathing on vacation" and then get photographed by the paparazzis, are what - Working!

And Prince Andrew "just riding", but fully aware of the photographers, is what - Right!

Andrew can't stay indoors 24/7. he has behaved badly but he is not in prison and he's entitled to go out and meet friends or visit his family or go riding. Im sure he'd rather that he was not in the press every time he goes riding but for the moment there isnt much royal news and hte press are going to notice it each time.

I fully agree, Denville. He might hate it that he is photographed often (we don't know if it is every time) when riding in his own backyard but that doesn't mean he is attention seeking when he is just living his life and going out and about doing among other things what he relatively recently learned to enjoy, which is riding. I am sue he would continue this activity if no photos would appear in the press.

In addition, I've never heard anyone claim that Edward, Louise or the queen herself are 'attention seeking' when they are horse or carriage riding in Windsor while that also moght be photographed. I assume they prefer to be totally left in peace in their private time but must have accepted that the press doesn't work that way.

I think a lot of people, including the media, would prefer him to remain locked behind closed doors at Royal Lodge.

Frankly it is stalking to me how the media insist on reporting on the times he goes to Windsor Castle to go riding - and presumably sees his mother.

He smiles sometimes - which also he isn't allowed to do anymore, ever, it seems.

We have seen no images of him with his grandchildren. Even the pictures we had of August's baptism were clearly chosen to ensure he wasn't in them. All we now see is him driving in or out of Royal Lodge or riding at Windsor.

I think a lot of people, including the media, would prefer him to remain locked behind closed doors at Royal Lodge.

Frankly it is stalking to me how the media insist on reporting on the times he goes to Windsor Castle to go riding - and presumably sees his mother.

He smiles sometimes - which also he isn't allowed to do anymore, ever, it seems.

We have seen no images of him with his grandchildren. Even the pictures we had of August's baptism were clearly chosen to ensure he wasn't in them. All we now see is him driving in or out of Royal Lodge or riding at Windsor.

It's all the media can dig up on the guy now. His life is private and is going to stay private. I'm sure Andrew does other things with family and friends but if the media snakes their way into any of that, they could have an invasion of privacy lawsuit on their hands. At least I hope that's the case.

It's true that a lot of people want him locked in the towe... err... Royal Lodge forever more and out of contact with the outside world. Convicted felons that have been remanded to prison have more freedom than Andrew is to be allowed by public opinion and the man has never once been convicted of *anything* criminal or even close to it.

It's my opinion that Andrew should just be left alone to live his own life from here on out as he's no longer a public figure whatsoever. I just can't believe that there are those that feel that Andrew shouldn't even show his face for his own father's Service of Thanksgiving.

We live in a cruel society don't we?

Oh, come on! He or his staff reads the press: He knows, that he is photographed and the pics are published in the press, whenever he is out riding. This time he even has a "coat of arms" onto his jacket...

C-list VIPs, frollicking at the beaches of Dubai, which are "just bathing on vacation" and then get photographed by the paparazzis, are what - Working!

And Prince Andrew "just riding", but fully aware of the photographers, is what - Right!

Should he only ride at night, or not ride at all?

Photographers are going to be on the stakeout at Royal Lodge for a long time to come.:sad:

Last edited:
It's all the media can dig up on the guy now. His life is private and is going to stay private. I'm sure Andrew does other things with family and friends but if the media snakes their way into any of that, they could have an invasion of privacy lawsuit on their hands. At least I hope that's the case.

It's true that a lot of people want him locked in the towe... err... Royal Lodge forever more and out of contact with the outside world. Convicted felons that have been remanded to prison have more freedom than Andrew is to be allowed by public opinion and the man has never once been convicted of *anything* criminal or even close to it.

It's my opinion that Andrew should just be left alone to live his own life from here on out as he's no longer a public figure whatsoever. I just can't believe that there are those that feel that Andrew shouldn't even show his face for his own father's Service of Thanksgiving.

We live in a cruel society don't we?

Its hard to feel sorry for Andrew, he is one of the more callous members of society in a lot of ways, in that he clearly doesn't care about exploiting young women, or even notice those below him in the social scale. but I agree that he is now out of public life and in due course I think he will fade out.. the press wont bohter watching him riding in a year or 2. and he IS pretty much confined to a sort of house arrest, and will problaby have to do that for life.. so I dont think that there is a need for pitchforks nad torches.

On the contrary, the less he is seen and photographed, the more demand this will actually create. And why will he be under a sort of "house arrest"? He's been removed from public duties but that's all. He's not by law a criminal.

Its hard to feel sorry for Andrew, he is one of the more callous members of society in a lot of ways, in that he clearly doesn't care about exploiting young women, or even notice those below him in the social scale. but I agree that he is now out of public life and in due course I think he will fade out.. the press wont bohter watching him riding in a year or 2. and he IS pretty much confined to a sort of house arrest, and will problaby have to do that for life.. so I dont think that there is a need for pitchforks nad torches.

Personally, I do not like the man at all and cannot wring one little iota of pity for him anywhere. There are too many people in this world that exhibit the same attitudes and characteristics that Andrew does for my peace of mind but I like to think I'm humane enough to not wish persecution against him for the rest of his life. I just feel it's best if he just totally goes away and is forgotten about.

On the contrary, the less he is seen and photographed, the more demand this will actually create. And why will he be under a sort of "house arrest"? He's been removed from public duties but that's all. He's not by law a criminal.
Im sure you know what i mean by house arrest. I dont mena obviously that he is legally bound to stay home.. just that he is not able to work and is rarely seen publicly, even in his daughter's wedding photos. The only times he is photographed or seen out of his house is if he's driving off his estate or out riding.... and I think htat in time, hte press will get bored with that.

Personally, I do not like the man at all and cannot wring one little iota of pity for him anywhere. There are too many people in this world that exhibit the same attitudes and characteristics that Andrew does for my peace of mind but I like to think I'm humane enough to not wish persecution against him for the rest of his life. I just feel it's best if he just totally goes away and is forgotten about.

well I dont want him tortured.. or forbidden form going to a few royal events where someone like Philip is being mourned and honoured. He can't really disappear completely.. in Victorian times he would problaby live abroad somewhere and lead a very quiet life and there was not much press back then to pursue a naughty royal. But Now I think he's going to be stuck in Windsor for life, just visiitng close friends and family quietely....

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually don't see the public giving out a big demand to see Andrew. It's not a huge money making scoop of the century to get a picture of him.

You think there's a demand? Well... then... here's a solution. Set Andrew up comfortably in a zoo somewhere and charge tickets to go in and gawk at him. Whoever would invest money into something like that would quickly see his investment dissipate like a snowball in hell. :D

Should he only ride at night, or not ride at all?

Yeah, "not ride at all", get away for a while!

And then? Well, I don't know - my knowledge about the British Royal Family is not good enough... I mean: Who is financing his horses? Who is financing the horse keepers he is riding with? Does he still get an apanage or is he already lending money on the expected inheritence from Her Majesty, The Queen, his mommy? I have no idea!

But he must have a nice life right now - no duties, he can go riding and watch The Bridgertons on his laptop; all is fine...

And then? Well, I don't know - my knowledge about the British Royal Family is not good enough... I mean: Who is financing his horses? Who is financing the horse keepers he is riding with? Does he still get an apanage or is he already lending money on the expected inheritence from Her Majesty, The Queen, his mommy? I have no idea!

But he must have a nice life right now - no duties, he can go riding and watch The Bridgertons on his laptop; all is fine...
Yeah, I don't think "getting away" for a while would be a good option for him. It's 21st century, one snap of him on a tropical island or a luxury resort and people would crucify him in the press.

He's not a prisoner. He hasn't been convicted of any crime - just in the court of public opinion. He gave up his public duties, patronages, military honors. He wasn't in public photos on his daughter's wedding. Sure, he goes and rides horses a few times per month and press gets photos of him doing it.

He's at his home. We can't expect him to be in a house arrest when he has not been convicted of anything and not leave the house at all.

I think he's using the stables at Windsor and the horses there, as are many other members of the royal family, like Lady Louise or Countess of Wessex, who are often seen riding around.

Why does it matter. ?
He is not bothering anybody just trying to live a private life. That is the sum total of his life st the moment.

As far as Andrew's riding goes, it's probably something that is a blessing for the stables at Windsor. As mentioned, other family members ride those horses and one thing about horses is that they need exercising and Andrew riding the stable's horses (or even a preferred mount) wouldn't really cost anyone anything more but is good for the horse he's riding at the time. ?

He is living off his own private income or the queens most probably. But I dont quite see why you think having no duties is a nice life.. He is pretty much barred from doing any duties, and has nothing to do but stay home and occasionallly go riding. What do you expect him to do?

Yeah, I don't think "getting away" for a while would be a good option for him. It's 21st century, one snap of him on a tropical island or a luxury resort and people would crucify him in the press.

Yep, you are surely right - I did not think that far. My fault!

I mean, even if he would be about to help some Ukrainian refugees, haters would only just ask, if he is doing it, because of the teenage refugee girls...

But because of this, it is important for him, to disappear out of the spotlight of the press for a while!

And he does not have to be photographed in Windsor, the centre of the English Monarchy since almost a thousand years! The Royal Family has a lot of real estate. Why not go to Balmoral, Sandringham, whatever?

Yep, you are surely right - I did not think that far. My fault!

I mean, even if he would be about to help some Ukrainian refugees, haters would only just ask, if he is doing it, because of the teenage refugee girls...

But because of this, it is important for him, to disappear out of the spotlight of the press for a while!

And he does not have to be photographed in Windsor, the centre of the English Monarchy since almost a thousand years! The Royal Family has a lot of real estate. Why not go to Balmoral, Sandringham, whatever?

Could he be at Windsor because it is his home, ?
When he went to Balmoral before he was accused of running away.
These are huge estates with a certain amount of public access it would be difficult to avoid photographers, but if these paps have nothing better to do than take photographs of a man on a horse then they are not going to make photographer of the year.
Maybe that is what Andrew finds to smile about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom