Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh... I hope its not true. If so, he's an idiot and should be made to pay for any repairs out of his own pocket.

I can't imagine he would risk damaging his car if he "rammed" the gates - more likely nudged them open if that was a all possible. Would he really compromise security by rendering the gates unusable?

Would he really think I can do this I'm Prince Andrew ? Yep I think he would. If they were locked it would take more than a nudge to open them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

But I'm sure he will wiggle his way out of this. It will be someone else's fault etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can imagine Andrew doing that in order to not inconvenience himself. 'Toad of Toad Hall' indeed!

I can't imagine he would risk damaging his car if he "rammed" the gates - more likely nudged them open if that was a all possible. Would he really compromise security by rendering the gates unusable?

But even if you nudge at a gate with your car, you can cause thousands in damage - someone once knocked her door into my car in a parking lot and the damage was extraordinary for what seemed to be a minor bang (thanks heavens all on her).

Can you not? I can. Not only can I imagine it, but I cannot say I'm surprised.
Remember this is Andrew of the debacle w/ security not recognizing him @ BP fame. Of I don't care if Epstein is a convicted pedophile I'll hang with him anyway fame. Of being so rude and crude at a public meeting the American ambassador's cable criticizing him was wikileaked fame, etc.
I would choose to drive a mile to not have to pay for damage to my cheap Prius car and a cheapo gate to my 'grounds,' but I've had to work for my money and thus value it.
Andrew has never had to earn his money plus he's been enabled by his adoring mother, thus it's hardly surprising that when confronted with a gate glitch (sensor didn't recognize his car) he reacted like an angry toddler and rammed through the gate. After all either mommy will pay for the car and gate or it's a drop in the bucket financially to him. I think we can agree that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, so he probably has no idea of how much car repairs and gate repairs cost.
I don't think it was a security gate, they described it as a deer gate - so I assume it's to keep deer in or out of some area, and even if it were a security gate, I doubt that it crossed Andrew's little ego inflated brain that his impatience could endanger his own security - it's up to the flunkies to fix that, not him, who cares that he just made everybody else's job harder.

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do
I have another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-da-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me
Who do you blame when your kid is a brat?
Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat
Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame
You know exactly who's to blame

The mother and the father

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-da
If you're not spoiled, then you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do

:whistling:

It's always been said that Andrew is the Queen's favourite child. There were probably all sorts of reasons for this including his service in the Falklands which she regarded as admirable. Therefore Andrew's always been given a lot of leeway by his mother, resulting in rude, selfish and boorish behaviour all his life. I have to say, I can't imagine Prince Philip being so indulgent a parent though.

Can you not? I can. Not only can I imagine it, but I cannot say I'm surprised.
Remember this is Andrew of the debacle w/ security not recognizing him @ BP fame. Of I don't care if Epstein is a convicted pedophile I'll hang with him anyway fame. Of being so rude and crude at a public meeting the American ambassador's cable criticizing him was wikileaked fame, etc.
I would choose to drive a mile to not have to pay for damage to my cheap Prius car and a cheapo gate to my 'grounds,' but I've had to work for my money and thus value it.
Andrew has never had to earn his money plus he's been enabled by his adoring mother, thus it's hardly surprising that when confronted with a gate glitch (sensor didn't recognize his car) he reacted like an angry toddler and rammed through the gate. After all either mommy will pay for the car and gate or it's a drop in the bucket financially to him. I think we can agree that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, so he probably has no idea of how much car repairs and gate repairs cost.
I don't think it was a security gate, they described it as a deer gate - so I assume it's to keep deer in or out of some area, and even if it were a security gate, I doubt that it crossed Andrew's little ego inflated brain that his impatience could endanger his own security - it's up to the flunkies to fix that, not him, who cares that he just made everybody else's job harder.

I have the same impression of Andrew as childish and entitled.

As you say, he won't have to pick up the tab so why should he have to go the extra mile?

(But I think he may have a rude awakening once the Queen is gone and Charles is in charge).

I can see Andrew doing this. He has such a bad reputation being boorish and rude he wouldn't care.

It's always been said that Andrew is the Queen's favourite child. There were probably all sorts of reasons for this including his service in the Falklands which she regarded as admirable. Therefore Andrew's always been given a lot of leeway by his mother, resulting in rude, selfish and boorish behaviour all his life. I have to say, I can't imagine Prince Philip being so indulgent a parent though.

Now that you mention it, we know Ann is his favorite, his relationship with Charles is complex and I have seen Quotes of him putting down Edward but What is Phillips relationship with his 2nd son? I have never really seen it discussed.

I am vaguely aware of reports that of all his sons, Phillip tolerated Andrew the most, as he was a "man's man" and all that. As was mentioned, he did serve in the Falklands War, and that is just the type of son Phillip would have wanted to raise.

Probably a main cause of contention between them has always been Fergie. Philip can't stand her of course, and I doubt if he understands the bond between his son and ex daughter in law. I don't think that it's poisoned relations between father and son but it's a sore point still, I suppose.

Last edited:

I believe at some point the queen said... she had Charles for the country, Anne was for Philip and Andrew was for her. I guess Edward was an after thought??

Until his marriage, and actually Fergie was popular in the early days. Andrew was likely the ideal son for Philip. Unlike Charles, he thrived at Gordonstown and then he went on for an actual naval career like his dad, not honorary positions. He served in the Falklands and has been active ever since. The one redeeming quality of his last few decades IMO, through all the scandals, has been his work in the navy/military including here in Canada.

:previous: Did he commit this heinous crime? For me, the jury is still out . . . the Daily Fail is the only source so far and I don't know about you all, but I need a little more evidence.

The CEO of Republic says on Twitter that he has "reported Prince Andrew to the police for criminal damage."

I'm sure the police will take this report very seriously. Someone reporting a minor property crime based on reading about it in an anonymously-sourced newspaper article is serious business, up there with the Lindbergh Baby.

"I expect the police to deal with this matter just as they would if the suspect were another other person."

Is this really the standard Republic wants? I can't imagine the police would take it very seriously at all if someone reported that they read in the newspaper that someone unnamed said that some unknown person rammed a gate with a car. Fourth-hand reports of minor property crimes are surely not urgent police business.

Maybe somewhere there was some crime committed, but this is a bizarre way of getting a prosecution.

Can't believe how people think this is acceptable behavior from ANYONE. My goodness very different values.

not honorary positions.

In truth the Prince of Wales had an active career in the Royal Navy.. He Commanded the Minehunter HMS Bonington.

It is alleged - that's all we know.

But lets imagine its true - is it not possible that he contacted Crown Estates, told them what happened and is sorting it out directly? No need to involve the police at all. Civil matter, not criminal.

I wonder how much the park worker was paid by the newspaper?

Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: February 2015

It is alleged - that's all we know.

But lets imagine its true - is it not possible that he contacted Crown Estates, told them what happened and is sorting it out directly? No need to involve the police at all. Civil matter, not criminal.

I wonder how much the park worker was paid by the newspaper?

Cepe I think that last sentence is uncalled for. Andrew does the wrong thing but you question the park worker ?

Last edited:
In any case, this made me laugh so hard. From the DM article, as if BP had just tweeted an announcement: [FONT=&quot]"Yesterday it emerged, that despite his blunders, Prince Andrew is the Queen's favourite son." :ROFLMAO::lol:
[/FONT]
There is just sooooooo much bad journalism in the world.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I believe at some point the queen said... she had Charles for the country, Anne was for Philip and Andrew was for her

Really? I have a hard time swallowing this. The Queen does not ever speak so bluntly about family relations or private matters in general. Or if she does it would never be aired outside her closest circle. And what mother in her right mind forgets to mention a kid?

If the police would investigate John Q. Public based on the facts presented, as they are presented, of course Andrew must be treated in the same manner.

Just announced. The police won't be investigating Prince Andrew via BBC

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ing-windsor-great-park-gates?CMP=share_btn_tw

A spokeswoman said: “An alleged criminal damage was reported this morning. But the caller had no details of the alleged incident other than it was in Windsor on Sunday. The caller was advised that a person involved in the alleged incident or someone acting on their behalf would need to report this. Police are not normally contacted for damage-only road traffic collisions and we can’t see anything on the log about this.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom