The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 02-06-2023, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andrew out Riding with Grooms in The grounds of Windsor Castle and driving from and to Royal Lodge today 6 February

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...ew_in_windsor?
Old 02-12-2023, 12:08 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York out for a ride at Windsor yesterday, February 11:

** gtresnews gallery **
Old 02-18-2023, 04:11 PM
Administrator

The Duke was seen riding today, February 18:

** dm article: Prince Andrew enjoys a horse ride in Windsor before going for a drive ..**
Old 02-18-2023, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/214351...-king-charles/

Andrew apparently fears having to leave Royal Lodge as his allowance from the Duchy of Lancaster sets to be cut by the King. Reportedly
Old 02-19-2023, 05:59 AM
Royal Highness

Once the children have left home, many people with large houses downsize for all sorts of reasons but the maintenance costs alone are reason enough, particularly if it's an old house. Other royals have had to give up their mansions for financial reasons so I don't see why Charles should keep funding Andrew to stay in Royal Lodge.
Old 02-19-2023, 06:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

because Andrew has a lease on Royal Lodge. He has to live somewhere, and thats the safest place he can be.
Old 02-19-2023, 06:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

All the Sunday papers are reporting that the King is going to cut Andrew's allowance, so I assume that it's true. He'll still have his Navy pension, and whatever he inherited from his parents and grandparents, but presumably the upkeep of Royal Lodge is quite high. I don't know where else he'd go, though. Maybe he'll just have to cut back on his spending, like other people have to do!
Old 02-19-2023, 07:03 AM
Majesty

I guess he can also write a memoir... That should generate quite a cash flow...
Old 02-19-2023, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
because Andrew has a lease on Royal Lodge. He has to live somewhere, and thats the safest place he can be.
Yes he has to live somewhere but if he can't afford the maintenance on the mansion he's leasing, he needs to budget accordingly. There are plenty of other properties within secure settings that could accommodate a single man.
Old 02-19-2023, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Yes he has to live somewhere but if he can't afford the maintenance on the mansion he's leasing, he needs to budget accordingly. There are plenty of other properties within secure settings that could accommodate a single man.
If the Wales family of five can squeeze into Adelaide Cottage then Andrew can downsize too..
It's time for Sarah to start paying her own rent.
Old 02-19-2023, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't see an issue. The "allowance" figure quoted was what Andrew use to get under the old Civil List that the Queen use to pay personally from the Duchy of Lancaster which was for official expenses. TBH I doubt 20 odd years after that was the amount it stayed at that level anyway but if it was what Andrew got for his official expenses - he isn't a working royal anymore so why would the King be paying the allowance still? He may well still be getting a private personal allowance from the Duchy but if he is no longer working for the firm why would he get paid as if he was. Likewise if it was a private allowance there is no requirement for the King to keep paying it, certainly not at the same level. Especially given its reported in the same article Andrew got a lump sum inheritance from his mother. Let's not forget Sarah was somehow able to splash £5million on a London townhouse only months ago - Charles may well be wondering if he isn't been taken for a mug by his brother.

Every article I've read about it has made the point that Charles wouldn't see his brother homeless. There is a difference at saying you'll no longer subsidise your brother so he can afford to keep living in a huge 40 room mansion and wanting to see him without any home at all.

The DM is interesting as its had a number of more positive leaning articles about Andrew including one going all woe is Andy along the lines of "his mother was barely buried when the courtiers said they wanted him out..." All I'll say is such a huge change in stance, especially by the DM, makes me think Andrew is mounting a huge PR push to turn around his image. Likewise with the constant comments about his looking at how the Sussex's are making money - quite a subtle threat IMO.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:19 AM
Nobility

There have recently been rumours about Eugenie and Jack looking for a house in California. They were seen there also not long ago.

Maybe Andrew is thinking and hoping that he can be a "businesman" again and start something in the US. it would be convenient if his daughter and son in law would live nearby.

There is not much left to do for him in Britain, no job, no duties, a ruined image. Maybe the rumours turn out to be true.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereditarytitles View Post
There have recently been rumours about Eugenie and Jack looking for a house in California. They were seen there also not long ago.

Maybe Andrew is thinking and hoping that he can be a "businesman" again and start something in the US. it would be convenient if his daughter and son in law would live nearby.

There is not much left to do for him in Britain, no job, no duties, a ruined image. Maybe the rumours turn out to be true.
Eugenie was in California for work? What is the source of rumors (that I didn't hear about before) that they are looking for a house there? They just moved to Portugal?!
Old 02-19-2023, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

There was a report in the DM I think that they "may follow the Sussex's". Apparently Jack's business also has property in USA. But given they've just moved it seems rather speculation to me. As for Andrew given his legal troubles would it be wise to move to America? I've really lost where we are up to with it all.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I guess he can also write a memoir... That should generate quite a cash flow...
Im sure you are not serious.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:07 AM
Nobility

https://original.newsbreak.com/@cher...llo-california

This was published in different british tabloids. We will see what happens.
But right, I forgot that Andrew could probably not move to the US because of the Epstein case.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
All the Sunday papers are reporting that the King is going to cut Andrew's allowance, so I assume that it's true. He'll still have his Navy pension, and whatever he inherited from his parents and grandparents, but presumably the upkeep of Royal Lodge is quite high. I don't know where else he'd go, though. Maybe he'll just have to cut back on his spending, like other people have to do!
why do you believe what is in the papers? I cant see Charles wanting ANdrew to move out, and the odds are that he's willing to supply Andrew wiht a suffiiccent income from his private fortune to pay the expenses on RL
Old 02-19-2023, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

The idea of Andrew writing a tell-all memoir is unlikely. For all his many personality flaws, he does seem to be a "company guy" and very loyal to his family and the Crown.

But IF it is indeed part of Charles's plan to put the financial squeeze on his brother and force him out of his home, all bets could be off.

I am obviously not in the position to advise Charles but I would recommend that he cease poking that bear with a stick. Why force him from his home when-other than his immediate family-it is all he has left?

A famous person with nothing more to lose is someone who would probably be more likely to write his memoirs.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 02-19-2023, 10:36 AM
Nobility

I can't see Andrew moving out of Royal Lodge just yet. He has the long lease on it and I believe certainly the money to fund it too.
I'm sure he as well as his siblings (except Charles) were VERY well provided for in both his Parents wills. On top of whatever money he had stashed away from dodgy deals with shady characters and despots for decades.

Lets not forget that after Beatrice and Eugenie *lost* their official taxpayer funded 24\7 Protection Officers in 2011, they were still seen with Security. Andrew was furious about that loss, feeling that it was a *demotion* to their HRH profile. It was then being picked up privately, by Andrew it was assumed.

For a cost *somewhere* with reports being 5 hundred thousand to around a million pounds yearly. For years......
I believe after both girls married, and coincidentally Andrews *problems* with Epstein AGAIN started being front page news, the Security stopped.

I have always felt that Andrew had more money than was alleged. Much more.
He got 15 million pounds for the sale of decrepit Sunninghill Park in 2007 ( a wedding *gift* from the Queen) which WAS 4 million over the asking price, paid by yet another one of his uber rich, but shady "friends".

I think Andrew has ALWAYS had these very profitable side line business too, dating back to his UK Trade Envoy-Ambassador days, which do to The Epstein debacle he had to give up in 2011. I'm sure his then next venture, " Pitch@ThePalace" also had a profitable "sideline" for him too. Until in the aftermath of the Emily Maitlis Interview had had to give that up too.

He is arrogant, spoiled and entitled. I find him loathsome. So much privilege, so much ego.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The idea of Andrew writing a tell-all memoir is unlikely. For all his many personality flaws, he does seem to be a "company guy" and very loyal to his family and the Crown.

But IF it is indeed part of Charles's plan to put the financial squeeze on his brother and force him out of his home, all bets could be off.

I am obviously not in the position to advise Charles but I would recommend that he cease poking that bear with a stick. Why force him from his home when-other than his immediate family-it is all he has left?

A famous person with nothing more to lose is someone who would probably be more likely to write his memoirs.
He is not going ot do any such thing. Im sure that if he's getting money from his brother, which is likely, he's going to have signed some kind of legal agreement not to write anyting about his family.