The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2020, 09:01 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York was photographed yesterday, December 19:

** rex gallery **

Old 01-24-2021, 06:21 AM
Courtier

The Pitch@Palace Global that supports Entrepreneurs in accessing and building connectivity and innovations around the world is currently suspended ("on pause") according to a spokesperson.

Prince Andrew's Pitch@Palace Global on 'pause' after close friend quits
A spokesperson insisted the deal brokering company 'remains in a pause position while strategy is determined' rather than being shut down
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ions-continue/

Old 01-24-2021, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

I really hope the charity survives - it means unfair that it is tainted like this.
Do you think that another royal patron would help, or that they need to move away from the Palace in general and set up a new image?
Old 01-24-2021, 03:55 PM
Nobility

I hope I am right in this, I read somewhere P A supported about 200 charities? What happen to all of them? If they are non existing now, lots of people who need and deserve help are in dire need of donations and help anyone can provide. If and that is a giant IF PA gets cleared or comes out less tarnished, from the Epstein mess, will he ever agree to sponsor anyone again? if asked? He may see it as charity starts at home.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
The Pitch@Palace Global that supports Entrepreneurs in accessing and building connectivity and innovations around the world is currently suspended ("on pause") according to a spokesperson.

Prince Andrew's Pitch@Palace Global on 'pause' after close friend quits
A spokesperson insisted the deal brokering company 'remains in a pause position while strategy is determined' rather than being shut down
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ions-continue/
I was under the impression that this organization had been renamed just "Pitch" and no longer affiliated with the Palace. Supposedly, it was to be headed by Andrew's former private secretary, Amanda Thirsk

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/10/prin...am-palace.html
Old 01-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
I hope I am right in this, I read somewhere P A supported about 200 charities? What happen to all of them? If they are non existing now, lots of people who need and deserve help are in dire need of donations and help anyone can provide. If and that is a giant IF PA gets cleared or comes out less tarnished, from the Epstein mess, will he ever agree to sponsor anyone again? if asked? He may see it as charity starts at home.

163 of them still have Andrew as Patron etc according to the British monarchy website. How much support he is giving them now who knows - obviously not doing official duties, and with covid, they aren't getting mentions in the CC.

Not that many charities have actually dropped him.

https://www.royal.uk/charities-and-p..._region_value=

This links to the first page of the list of his patronages - and there are 16 full pages (10 entries per page) and 3 on page 17.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
The charities exist without Andrew.. he is jsut their patron.. and I dont think he'll ever "work" again as an active patron....
Old 01-24-2021, 10:40 PM
Courtier

From looking at the Pitch@Palace's website, under both "News and Features" and "About Pitch@Palace" (more specifically "About Pitch@Palace Global"), the latest activities and events were at the end of 2019. There were no mentioning of any events in 2020 nor 2021.

News and Features: https://pitchatpalace.com/features/

About Pitch@Palace Global (Scroll down to the timeline next to the subheading, Take Part in Our International Events): https://pitchatpalace.com/about/global/

Interestingly, at the home page of Pitch@Palace Global, it mentioned that there would be new updates and review of the programme in 2020 and new positions would be relaunched in Spring. It's 2021, there has not been any official announcement

Quote:
IT'S OUR TIME
Pitch@Palace Global continues to support the growth of Entrepreneurs through its vibrant ecosystem.

As Pitch@Palace Global looks to its future opportunities, it is taking the first part of 2020 to refresh the brand, centralise its vision and move forward with an impactful programme for the coming year.

The updated website to reflect the new position will be launched in Spring 2020.
https://pitchatpalace.com/
Old 01-25-2021, 06:22 AM
Courtier

In reading the Telegraph article dated Jan. 22, 2021:
"The Duke of York’s flagship business enterprise is hanging by a thread after his close friend, a Swedish billionaire, quit and the company’s offices shut down. Sports tycoon Johan Eliasch has stepped down from Pitch@Palace Global, after some 15 staff resigned in a year, leaving only an accountant to oversee what is left of the company in an administrative role."

The billionaire and good friend of Andrew's, Johan Eliasch is Chairman and CEO of Head the global sporting goods group. He replaced Amanda Thirsk.

A spokesperson insisted that the company “remains in a pause position while its future direction and strategy is determined” rather than being shut down for good.

The plan had been to relaunch this Spring 2021 with a new name, "Pitch Connect". With the Duke's reputation "hanging in the balance" and the impact of the pandemic, "it was deemed impossible".

I think the pandemic might be the nail in the coffin. Until the pandemic is contained globally and to some degree the Ghislain Maxwell trial is wrapped up the program is in limbo.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:24 AM
Majesty

Im surprised that Andrew hasn't stepped down form his patronages or been asked to.. but possibly the Pandemic sitaution has led charities to just leave things as they were, for the next year or so....