The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2020, 07:06 PM
Courtier

I see the Duke of York's website has gone...

https://www.tatler.com/article/princ...family-website[/URL]

Old 07-16-2020, 08:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

No surprise as there hasn't been anything posted since he stood down from royal duties. The same with his other social media outlets - nothing since that announcement so they are all effectively dead.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Understandable, but it is a pity that the York princesses' biographies have gone with it. I don't understand why Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are given their own biography on the royal family website and additionally have their own websites, but Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie of York do not.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Agreed. One cant even argue its because the Yorks are not working royals as neither are Prince and Princess Michael. Their work is private as well.

Its sad how little recognition those girls got even before this from the family. The family doesn't even have to pay them/make them working royals. Some simple recognition of their work would give the RF good press boost.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Understandable, but it is a pity that the York princesses' biographies have gone with it. I don't understand why Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are given their own biography on the royal family website and additionally have their own websites, but Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie of York do not.
Odd, when I looked at the website for the royal family the only Kent I saw was the Duke, no mention of Prince & Princess Michael of Kent - perhaps I’m looking at the wrong place?
At this time the York name equals bad press due to the actions of Andrew and Sarah, thus mentioning Eugenie or Beatrice always gives the press an excuse to dredge up the scandals of their parents. It’s not ‘fair,’ but for the time being the York daughters generate more negative press towards the RF than positive. Hopefully with time and as they start their own families they’ll be seen as distinct from their parents and no longer unfairly tarnished with guilt by association.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Odd, when I looked at the website for the royal family the only Kent I saw was the Duke, no mention of Prince & Princess Michael of Kent - perhaps I’m looking at the wrong place?
See these links:

https://www.royal.uk/princeandprincessmichaelofkent
https://www.royal.uk/the-duchess-of-kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its sad how little recognition those girls got even before this from the family. The family doesn't even have to pay them/make them working royals. Some simple recognition of their work would give the RF good press boost.
Quote:
At this time the York name equals bad press due to the actions of Andrew and Sarah, thus mentioning Eugenie or Beatrice always gives the press an excuse to dredge up the scandals of their parents. It’s not ‘fair,’ but for the time being the York daughters generate more negative press towards the RF than positive. Hopefully with time and as they start their own families they’ll be seen as distinct from their parents and no longer unfairly tarnished with guilt by association.
I have had the thought that more recognition could actually help to counter the myths that they do not work and are simply dependents (financially and otherwise) on their parents.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
See these links:

https://www.royal.uk/princeandprincessmichaelofkent
https://www.royal.uk/the-duchess-of-kent

I have had the thought that more recognition could actually help to counter the myths that they do not work and are simply dependents (financially and otherwise) on their parents.
Thanks for the links, I suspected I was unable to navigate the site properly.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I also looked at the Websites front page, and the Wessexes are listed before Prince Andrew, w/Andrew getting a small frame next to Princess Anne. The only other Royals with small frames are the spouses.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thanks for the links, I suspected I was unable to navigate the site properly.
Were you perhaps looking on the "Royal Family" page? For some reason I don't understand, the Duchess of Kent and Prince and Princess Michael are not listed on it. And it cannot be due to their status as non-working royals, as the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and the Duke of York are, in contrast, listed.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Were you perhaps looking on the "Royal Family" page? For some reason I don't understand, the Duchess of Kent and Prince and Princess Michael are not listed on it. And it cannot be due to their status as non-working royals, as the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and the Duke of York are, in contrast, listed.
I think they've listed them in order of succession w/their spouses; that's why I'm surprised that the Wessexes are listed before the Andrew.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I think they've listed them in order of succession w/their spouses; that's why I'm surprised that the Wessexes are listed before the Andrew.
But the Kents (other than the Duke) are not listed at all.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But the Kents (other than the Duke) are not listed at all.
I suppose they made that the cut off point, because even on the same page for the succession list, they stopped at #18; they didn't include the Gloucesters or the Kents.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:35 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York was seen behind the wheel again today:

** dm article: Sheepish father of the bride Prince Andrew emerges from Windsor to face his 'problems' the morning after..**
Old 07-18-2020, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why should the DoY be looking "sheepish" and "abashed" after walking his blameless daughter down the aisle at her wedding?

As her father it was his obligation and his right.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-18-2020, 12:55 PM
Majesty

Andrew is too arrogant and stupid to be "sheepish" or abashed. He should feel it but he wotn.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think its up to us to decide how Andrew should act, think and feel. We're not him. Only person that can tell me how I should be is the person I meet in the mirror.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:24 PM
Administrator

And he's been pictured again ..

** dm article: Bride's invisible father breaks cover again: Prince Andrew leaves Royal Lodge in Windsor ..**
Old 07-20-2020, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He’s literally driving from one place to another, I mean bottom of the barrel reporting or what.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

What gets me is I though the Windsor estate was more private so how is he being papped every time he leaves?
Old 07-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
What gets me is I though the Windsor estate was more private so how is he being papped every time he leaves?

Because he’s leaving onto public roads, same reason The Queen and Prince Philip were papped going to and from Beatrices’ wedding on Friday.