The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2020, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Maybe the Queen should live longer than all of them😏

Old 05-12-2020, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I remember HM got a lot of slack for still sticking by Andrew after that awful interview he did with Emily Maitlis. IIRC he's her favourite child, and people have said that as he was given a lot of attention as a child and always got his own way on things, it has turned Andrew into his character today.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-12-2020, 06:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I remember HM got a lot of slack for still sticking by Andrew after that awful interview he did with Emily Maitlis. IIRC he's her favourite child, and people have said that as he was given a lot of attention as a child and always got his own way on things, it has turned Andrew into his character today.
Yes I know she's not going to throw him out, he's her son, but I think she's always been too soft with him. She could have remained a loving mother but ben a bit tougher over the interview...
Its too late in the day now to make him more responsible.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:15 PM
Royal Highness

Being let down by members of your family at 94 is too much really.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Quite right.

I do hope Andrew is push on a short leash, before he does any more damage to himself, his immediate family and the BRF!
Old 05-13-2020, 05:22 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Then again if the queen was more stern with andrew when he was younger instead of spoiling him maybe he would not have turned out the way that he did.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAtLast View Post
Then again if the queen was more stern with andrew when he was younger instead of spoiling him maybe he would not have turned out the way that he did.
I think that is a difficult one to answer. History is full of the "spare" being somewhat difficult, precious, less committed to duty, grand, perhaps somewhat astray, whilst the heir is dutiful. Examples could include Princess Margaret, potentially Prince Harry, Prince Laurent in Belgium etc.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:53 AM
Majesty

Others to the contrary would include Kings George V and VI.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Others to the contrary would include Kings George V and VI.
Indeed.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:31 AM
Gentry

I wish they would take away his hrh. He deserves it!!!
Old 05-13-2020, 07:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAtLast View Post
I wish they would take away his hrh. He deserves it!!!
Its not going to happen. He can't work, he wont be able to travel or do his deals with rich people for now and possibly for the rest of his life.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

“The @ChtyCommission has found the Prince Andrew Charitable Trust breached charity law with £355k payments to #PrinceAndrew’s former private secretary. On “proactive examination” of PACT’s records @ChtyCommission “identified other issues of concern that required further attention”

https://twitter.com/royanikkhah/stat...729092098?s=21
Old 06-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear, the York's and money never seems to end well does it. From the report:

As a result of this work, £355,297 has been returned to the charity, which will be redistributed towards causes in line with the charity’s purposes. The current trustees acted to rectify this matter once it was identified by the Commission.

However, proactive examination of the charity’s accounts and records at the time identified other issues of concern that required further attention.

These included:

*the charity could not show that conflicts of interest relating to the payments received by a trustee were managed adequately at trustee meetings

*there was no standalone conflicts of interest policy at the charity for trustees to refer to

*open and fair competition was not conducted before the trustee was appointed to the roles at the charity’s subsidiaries

*no evidence was obtained to demonstrate that these payments to the trustee provided value for money for the charity
Old 06-10-2020, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

Here’s another article about the charity money issues https://www.charitytimes.com/ct/prin...harity-law.php
I assume this is the money paid to his private secretary reported on several weeks ago. Interestingly, the initial reports were that she was paid, whereas this article indicates that it was Andrew’s household that was paid to re-imburse it for her time. I suppose that explains some of his financial shortfall at present, he’s no longer able to subsidize his staff via the money his ‘charity’ collected.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When they mentioned "charity" and "reimbursing staff" , my mind jumped automatically to Andrew's Pitch@Palace scheme. If I'm remembering things right and clearly, Andrew would host functions at Buckingham Palace where potential investors would meet with enterpreneurs. As this was not part and parcel of BP's household staff/cooks/serviers etc line of duty, I would imagine that Pitch@Palace would be responsible for their time and service and also for any food or drink provided.

The rug was drastically pulled out from under Pitch@Palace after Andrew's disastrous interview and perhaps some staff was left waiting to be paid?
Old 07-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andrew , was spotted at Windsor Castle’s grouds, today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-arrest.html
Old 07-09-2020, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When they mentioned "charity" and "reimbursing staff" , my mind jumped automatically to Andrew's Pitch@Palace scheme. If I'm remembering things right and clearly, Andrew would host functions at Buckingham Palace where potential investors would meet with enterpreneurs. As this was not part and parcel of BP's household staff/cooks/serviers etc line of duty, I would imagine that Pitch@Palace would be responsible for their time and service and also for any food or drink provided.

The rug was drastically pulled out from under Pitch@Palace after Andrew's disastrous interview and perhaps some staff was left waiting to be paid?
Or the staff was expected to perform these services as part of their normal work and after it all came to light, decisions about financial liability were made and there was no money budgeted for these "unexpected " expenses
Old 07-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Or the staff was expected to perform these services as part of their normal work and after it all came to light, decisions about financial liability were made and there was no money budgeted for these "unexpected " expenses
It most certainly fits into Andrew's attitude of "I want so I get". Making the marionettes dance to his tune has been his life.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:08 PM
Administrator

The Duke of York was seen in Windsor again:

** rex gallery ** dm article: Steering clear of trouble? Prince Andrew takes spin..**
Old 07-15-2020, 10:45 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York was seen at Windsor castle today, July 15:

** dm article: Something to smile about, Andrew? Prince shares a joke while back behind wheel ..**