Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he could flee in his newly spray-painted recently purchased 220,000 pounds Bentley car. He left his father’s funeral in that vehicle. Andrew still seems to be living high on the hog in spite of his recent disgrace.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...test-news-jeffrey-epstein-bentley-Flying-Spur

There are many things Andrew can be criticised for, but I do not resent him using his private funds to replace his car. You would hardly expect him to be driving around in a Skoda!

Unfortunately, Andrew's private wealth appears to come from dubious deals with dubious people, so it might look better if he did not flaunt what he's acquired.

Was this gifted to him or did he purchase it?

I wouldn't think that car would be a gift. It's been tweaked out to be exactly how he wants it to be. He probably also got a good deal on a trade in with his previous car. Bet James would love to get behind the wheel of that thing!

I doubt if he's getting gifts nowadays, so he problaby bought it.

How do we know that he owns it? It could be part of the Queen’s fleet.

we dont know, but Its just as likley that its a new car he bought.

Ugh, one would consider this a rather stupid thing, but maybe it is arrogance?
Just when you thought things coild not go worse.
I hope the Epstein victims will not feel mocked by this, but fear it.

Let's hope Prince Andrew will not go wild now his father has passed or one day Charles will be King.

Tatler is reporting that Prince Andrew has started unlimited company with a former banker Mr. Keogh who has faced sexual harassment allegations against him. see below
https://www.tatler.com/article/prin...ker-harry-keogh-sexual-harassment-allegations

As is acknowledged in the article, it is not really Tatler but The Times which reported this news, though Tatler's article communicates a great deal of information from the paywalled Times article.

Could someone knowledgeable on trust law explain why Mr. Keogh's involvement as a trustee(?) would be required and why the company has not been operational since its creation in June 2020 if its purpose as stated is to finance the Duke's family?

Ugh, one would consider this a rather stupid thing, but maybe it is arrogance?
Just when you thought things coild not go worse.
I hope the Epstein victims will not feel mocked by this, but fear it.

Let's hope Prince Andrew will not go wild now his father has passed or one day Charles will be King.

I don't think Philip was really able to control Andrew as an adult, he may have warned him but Andrew did not listen apparently.

I don't think Philip was really able to control Andrew as an adult, he may have warned him but Andrew did not listen apparently.

I don't think Philip was the type of father who tried to control his adult children anyway. Contrary to earlier beliefs, he seemed to be more likely to advise rather than control or interfere too much and likely was not aware of everything they did anyway. Most parents of middle-aged children are not.

I don't think Philip was the type of father who tried to control his adult children anyway. Contrary to earlier beliefs, he seemed to be more likely to advise rather than control or interfere too much and likely was not aware of everything they did anyway. Most parents of middle-aged children are not.
How can a father of adult children "control" them? The only thing they can do is if they run a family business, sacking them or the like. That option isn't really open to royals as they don't want to be seen as falling out with their children, for obvious PR reasons. And while Philip could be a bit of a bully, I think that he did rant and "give advice" but in the end, he had to let his grown up children lead their own lives. He tried to get Charles and Diana to patch up their differences but in the end, he had to accept that they were unhappy and not able or willing to get their marriage back on track.. and let them divorce.
Besides By the time Andrew really got into trouble with Epstein, I think that Phillip was a frail old man and perhaps not fully in touch with what was going on outside his own life...

I'm really kind of impressed how Andrew has accepted his change in roles and has taken to pastoral pursuits to spend his time. He's staying out of the public eye and we've only seen him either riding or driving his car somewhere. He's probably keeping close to his mother and that's a comfort for HM.

I'm really kind of impressed how Andrew has accepted his change in roles and has taken to pastoral pursuits to spend his time. He's staying out of the public eye and we've only seen him either riding or driving his car somewhere. He's probably keeping close to his mother and that's a comfort for HM.

I was being a bit snarky in my post above but given the strong rumors that he’s indeed her “favorite”, it can be only a good thing that he’s there, in private, to help and support his mother through this incredibly difficult time.

He doesn't have any choice does he? And he should have withdrawn from public life before he was compelled to..,.

He doesn't have any choice does he? And he should have withdrawn from public life before he was compelled to..,.
He always had the choice to do what I honestly expected him to do: kick an almighty fuss and act the entitled grownup brat I always thought he was. He surprised me with being this reasonable. All these years, as I watched the reports of him demanding (as if he had the right to demand anything) royal parts for Beatrice and Eugenie didn't exactly fill me with confidence of his good reason, sound judgment and basic decency. And I'm saying this as someone who has always had a soft spot for him despite him being such an epic failure.

I just expected of him to barge straight ahead, make headlines over wanting, wanting, wanting and whatnot.

He always had the choice to do what I honestly expected him to do: kick an almighty fuss and act the entitled grownup brat I always thought he was. He surprised me with being this reasonable. All these years, as I watched the reports of him demanding (as if he had the right to demand anything) royal parts for Beatrice and Eugenie didn't exactly fill me with confidence of his good reason, sound judgment and basic decency. And I'm saying this as someone who has always had a soft spot for him despite him being such an epic failure.

I just expected of him to barge straight ahead, make headlines over wanting, wanting, wanting and whatnot.

I dont really think he had any choice. I would say it was made very clear to him that his charities were dropping him right and left, no-one would work with him and he had no choice but to stay home and give up royal duties and make the best of his life in quiet seclusion. Who on earth would listen to him complianing about having to give up his work?

I dont really think he had any choice. I would say it was made very clear to him that his charities were dropping him right and left, no-one would work with him and he had no choice but to stay home and give up royal duties and make the best of his life in quiet seclusion. Who on earth would listen to him complianing about having to give up his work?
No one, of course. And it surprised me that he realized that no one listening to him meant there would be no use for him to do it. He's been broadly regarded as a royal brute for years, it rarely was of any use and he kept doing it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom