Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the world isn't he get it? Think first, speak second. Meaning wake up and smell the coffee. Engage brain and mouth at the same time, maybe difficult for him. He like's to be the center of attention, just like some others we know. Maybe he should think of his first Grandchild, which will come into this world very soon. Maybe he should step aside, when trouble is coming.

We knew ages ago though didn't we? Even former Prime Minister David Cameron said in his memoirs that he had asked the Palace if HM could make some sort of politically neutral yet somewhat encouraging comment so clearly we knew what HM had said had been thought out. The only new information here is that Andrew knew about it before hand and is, as ever, a buffoon enough to go about bragging and getting the rest of the RF in trouble.

I think most people knew this story and has been rehashed over-and-over again by some Scottish Nationalists who continued to use it as an argument for Scottish Independence. I have read some very extreme comments by these Scottish Nationalists, who wants to expropriate Balmoral Castle (private property) from The Queen after gaining Scottish Independence.

As you said, Andrew is an idiot for bragging about it in front of journalists. He could have just said "no comment". Instead he has caused an uproar on quite a shaky ground (there is already drama surrounding The Crown). He should be thinking about his daughters and future grandchildren, not himself. The more times he appeared in the press, the more the public hates him and more negativities surrounding his children and grandchildren.

Last edited:
He doesn't do royal engagements anymore and the event at Windsor was an official engagement.

Other than riding horses, or driving a car, he hasn't been seen all year.

I have also heard/read that he won't be in the official photograph exhibition being put together for Philip's birthday and probably won't be in any family photo released to celebrate that event, his mother's 95th or the next Jubilee. He is largely being airbrushed out of the family it seems.

As for P Andrew not being allowed to appear in any Family photos or being airbrushed out does not make him, as he never existed. I am sure that he is in photos only for the eyes of family. No one ever accused Andrew of being the brightest light at BP and his choice of friends is very questionable and some are right out offensive. This is and was his choice and he has to live with it.But he is still the son of the Queen and what goes on behind closed doors we will never know. Some people have lots of sense and class, this seems to be lacking in Andrew.

The Pitch@Palace Global that supports Entrepreneurs in accessing and building connectivity and innovations around the world is currently suspended ("on pause") according to a spokesperson.

Prince Andrew's Pitch@Palace Global on 'pause' after close friend quits
A spokesperson insisted the deal brokering company 'remains in a pause position while strategy is determined' rather than being shut down
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...alace-global-close-end-resignations-continue/

I really hope the charity survives - it means unfair that it is tainted like this.
Do you think that another royal patron would help, or that they need to move away from the Palace in general and set up a new image?

I hope I am right in this, I read somewhere P A supported about 200 charities? What happen to all of them? If they are non existing now, lots of people who need and deserve help are in dire need of donations and help anyone can provide. If and that is a giant IF PA gets cleared or comes out less tarnished, from the Epstein mess, will he ever agree to sponsor anyone again? if asked? He may see it as charity starts at home.

The Pitch@Palace Global that supports Entrepreneurs in accessing and building connectivity and innovations around the world is currently suspended ("on pause") according to a spokesperson.

Prince Andrew's Pitch@Palace Global on 'pause' after close friend quits
A spokesperson insisted the deal brokering company 'remains in a pause position while strategy is determined' rather than being shut down
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...alace-global-close-end-resignations-continue/

I was under the impression that this organization had been renamed just "Pitch" and no longer affiliated with the Palace. Supposedly, it was to be headed by Andrew's former private secretary, Amanda Thirsk

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/10/pri...eaches-settlement-with-buckingham-palace.html

I hope I am right in this, I read somewhere P A supported about 200 charities? What happen to all of them? If they are non existing now, lots of people who need and deserve help are in dire need of donations and help anyone can provide. If and that is a giant IF PA gets cleared or comes out less tarnished, from the Epstein mess, will he ever agree to sponsor anyone again? if asked? He may see it as charity starts at home.

163 of them still have Andrew as Patron etc according to the British monarchy website. How much support he is giving them now who knows - obviously not doing official duties, and with covid, they aren't getting mentions in the CC.

Not that many charities have actually dropped him.

https://www.royal.uk/charities-and-...d_themes_target_id=&field_world_region_value=

This links to the first page of the list of his patronages - and there are 16 full pages (10 entries per page) and 3 on page 17.

The charities exist without Andrew.. he is jsut their patron.. and I dont think he'll ever "work" again as an active patron....

From looking at the Pitch@Palace's website, under both "News and Features" and "About Pitch@Palace" (more specifically "About Pitch@Palace Global"), the latest activities and events were at the end of 2019. There were no mentioning of any events in 2020 nor 2021.

News and Features: https://pitchatpalace.com/features/

About Pitch@Palace Global (Scroll down to the timeline next to the subheading, Take Part in Our International Events): https://pitchatpalace.com/about/global/

Interestingly, at the home page of Pitch@Palace Global, it mentioned that there would be new updates and review of the programme in 2020 and new positions would be relaunched in Spring. It's 2021, there has not been any official announcement

IT'S OUR TIME
Pitch@Palace Global continues to support the growth of Entrepreneurs through its vibrant ecosystem.

As Pitch@Palace Global looks to its future opportunities, it is taking the first part of 2020 to refresh the brand, centralise its vision and move forward with an impactful programme for the coming year.

The updated website to reflect the new position will be launched in Spring 2020.
https://pitchatpalace.com/

In reading the Telegraph article dated Jan. 22, 2021:
"The Duke of York’s flagship business enterprise is hanging by a thread after his close friend, a Swedish billionaire, quit and the company’s offices shut down. Sports tycoon Johan Eliasch has stepped down from Pitch@Palace Global, after some 15 staff resigned in a year, leaving only an accountant to oversee what is left of the company in an administrative role."

The billionaire and good friend of Andrew's, Johan Eliasch is Chairman and CEO of Head the global sporting goods group. He replaced Amanda Thirsk.

A spokesperson insisted that the company “remains in a pause position while its future direction and strategy is determined” rather than being shut down for good.

The plan had been to relaunch this Spring 2021 with a new name, "Pitch Connect". With the Duke's reputation "hanging in the balance" and the impact of the pandemic, "it was deemed impossible".

I think the pandemic might be the nail in the coffin. Until the pandemic is contained globally and to some degree the Ghislain Maxwell trial is wrapped up the program is in limbo.

Last edited:
Posts unrelated to The Duke of York's current events or are otherwise off-topic have been deleted. Thank you.

P Andrew and Sarah must be over the moon, for their daughter and son in law. Little August Phillip Hawke is a real cutie. I am happy for the family.

According to The Sunday Times, The Duke of York has reportedly been replaced by Roland Walker, Afghanistan war veteran, at Trooping the Colour. Last year, Roland Walker has received Distinguished Service Order honour from the Queen at Buckingham Palace.

Andrew the pariah prince is pushed aside from Queen’s birthday parade
Disgraced Duke of York will be replaced at Trooping the Colour by a decorated Afghanistan war veteran
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...d-aside-from-queens-birthday-parade-gghdgbgc3

Roya Nikkhah has also tweeted out the article asking the question of why The Duke of York has still held on to his Colonel of the Regiment at Grenadier Guard. Since the article is behind the paywall, I'm not quite sure if this question/point is ever mentioned.
Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
EXCLUSIVE The Duke of York will be replaced at Trooping the Colour by war hero Major General Roland Walker. Questions now raised about why Prince Andrew still holds his @GrenadierGds role when Prince Harry lost his @RoyalMarines title?
@thesundaytimes
7:16 PM · Feb 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

Without comparing this situation with Harry, I think the Colonel of the Regiment of Grenadier Guard could go to The Duke of Cambridge, The Princess Royal or even The Earl of Wessex. This honorary military title was handed from The Duke of Edinburgh to The Duke of York. Judging by a list on Wikipedia (Fraser, David (1998) [1978]. The Grenadier Guards. Men-at-Arms Series # 73. London: Osprey Publishing. ISBN 0-85045-284-8.) at one point, it was held by then Princess Elizabeth. The Regiment Colonel is not limited to the direct line of succession or even in the Royal Family. Some members of the Nobility held this role.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenadier_Guards#Regimental_Colonels

Last edited:
I think the Colonel of the Regiment of Grenadier Guard could go to The Duke of Cambridge, The Princess Royal or even The Earl of Wessex. This honorary military title was handed from The Duke of Edinburgh to The Duke of York. Judging by a list on Wikipedia (Fraser, David (1998) [1978]. The Grenadier Guards. Men-at-Arms Series # 73. London: Osprey Publishing. ISBN 0-85045-284-8.) at one point, it was held by then Princess Elizabeth. The Regiment Colonel is not limited to the direct line of succession or even in the Royal Family. Some members of the Nobility held this role.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenadier_Guards#Regimental_Colonels

The only problem with the role going to William or Anne is that both are already Colonels in the Household Division - William the Irish Guards and Anne the Blues and Royals so giving either of them the position would just open up another.

If the role stays within the Royal Family (and personally I would support it going to a distinguished former serviceman/woman) there's no reason why it couldn't go to Camilla, Kate or Sophie. As Camilla is the most senior of the three, she would be the obvious choice.

Personally, I think it's more meaningful to give the role to a veteran who has been awarded the Distinguished Service Order. ?

I hope that Andrew does lose all his military honorary appointments sooner or later. And just hiding him away at Trooping the Colour makes no sense. The Grenadiers are a fine regiment and deserve a visible Hon Colonel. The Colonelcy doesn't have to go to a Royal, and personally I can't see it going to Camilla, who is over 70 and would have to ride in the ceremony. I suppose it will go to Edward. Better it go to a distinguished ex serviceman, IMO, of which there are many.

I think eventually the palace will have to act. It is clear Andrew is not going to be able to be 'rebranded' or 'rehabilitated' to the public anytime soon so holding his appointments over isn't going to work. I have always thought the Palace was waiting for a clear sign from legal goings on - either further investigation or something to 'clear' him (even though tbf he has not been charged with anything). I also think other things have taken priority but have now also cleared the way for how to deal with Andrew - the template laid down for Harry and Meghan can be used here to possibly.

I think eventually the palace will have to act. It is clear Andrew is not going to be able to be 'rebranded' or 'rehabilitated' to the public anytime soon so holding his appointments over isn't going to work. I have always thought the Palace was waiting for a clear sign from legal goings on - either further investigation or something to 'clear' him (even though tbf he has not been charged with anything). I also think other things have taken priority but have now also cleared the way for how to deal with Andrew - the template laid down for Harry and Meghan can be used here to possibly.

It's my thinking that they're just biding time to see what comes out. Ghislaine Maxwell's trial is due to begin this summer and who knows if she'll throw Andrew under a bus to save her own skin? Then again, she may not name Andrew at all.

I very much agree. It's more than time to clarify roles and move on. I am not surprised he is not to appear at the Trooping. It's time to end his royal appointments, assign persons capable of such honors, and move forward.

Posts have been deleted. This thread is about Prince Andrew, not Prince Harry.

This is a positive sign that the palace understands what needs to be done. It will interesting to see what happens next & at what pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom