Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seems to remember something about the Prince of Wales offering him an aide to camp or military attaché role . So technically he will be supporting other royals roles to the armed forces. I really didn’t think he would even seriously consider it , so but down as rumor. Can you see it Andrew given history lessons to Kate on her new army role or Andrew helping Sophie or Edward dress for a event - don’t see it?

I think that one of the reasons he is photographed in these "mundane" settings is that, because, while the pics of him behind the wheel or on horseback might not be that exciting, they show him ensconced in the trappings of royalty. Brand-new Range Rover with personalized DOY plates, bodyguards, riding HM's horse on Crown property, etc. The whole Pampered Prince image gets people riled up and drives the comments on the news sites.

The only way I can see Andrew doing 'royal' work is either to be behind the scenes either as suggested, running one of the royal estates, or finding some charity (not setting his own up as that would lead to financial intrigue) to work for behind the scenes that slowly becomes more public in knowledge. The idea of him going back to 'representing the Crown' either doing visits here in the UK or representing Crown and country overseas is just ridiculous. While HM may feel some maternal sympathy for her son I don't see her advisors or Charles and William letting it happen as it will just bring about more headaches for the RF.

Might not be a bad idea - Prince Philip has passed on the running of the royal estates to Charles now - who has paid people doing it for him so he technically only does meetings on these. There are financial decisions which Charles can veto and such.

Claire'S comment make a lot of sense. It will give Andrew something to do and the POW may save his money he will get paid by his mother the Queen?. Since it belongs to the Royal Estate. This will keep PA busy, while waiting for his first Grandchild come into this world.

On October 31 the Duke of York was seen arriving at Windsor Castle for a morning ride:

** rex gallery **

Enjoying the outdoors, before the lockdown. Why is he wearing the mask while driving by himself.

Perhaps there is security in the backseat?

:previous:

Or next to him, like yesterday: The Duke was seen driving and riding again yesterday, November 4:

** rex gallery **

Nice of Andrew to wear a mask as the rules require. he also has someone else in the vehicle with him. They are all very active so the new lockdown puts a damper on everyone. Well at least they can go and ride.

Just glanced at the article from the dm about Andrew never returning to Royal Duty's. Which I feel is fine. Have no problem with that. There was also a related article which states J Epstein's victim's urge or pressure Joe Biden to investigate P Andrew more . How can he do that? he has enough mess to clear up with the FBI about his son Hunter and himself? and Ms Tara Reade. So the FBI get's told to slam Andrew, but hands of himself and his Family? I believe this is the duty of the Justice Department and no one else's, for both cases. The COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION is what it is OPNIONS nothing else. The legal Courts and the Rule of Law is what counts, nothing else does.

Just glanced at the article from the dm about Andrew never returning to Royal Duty's. Which I feel is fine. Have no problem with that. There was also a related article which states J Epstein's victim's urge or pressure Joe Biden to investigate P Andrew more . How can he do that? he has enough mess to clear up with the FBI about his son Hunter and himself? and Ms Tara Reade. So the FBI get's told to slam Andrew, but hands of himself and his Family? I believe this is the duty of the Justice Department and no one else's, for both cases. The COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION is what it is OPNIONS nothing else. The legal Courts and the Rule of Law is what counts, nothing else does.

You are referring to a Daily Mail article where Lisa Bloom, a lawyer who represents five of the women, said she hopes the new administration will 'fully investigate' the Duke of York. "Jeffrey Epstein's victims have urged Joe Biden to pursue Prince Andrew 'more aggressively' once he is sworn in as US President."

"The victims have voiced concerns over President Donald Trump's old friendship with Epstein and his alleged 'madam' Ghislaine Maxwell had hampered any probe."

"Trump previously said of the billionaire financier: 'I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. 'It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.' The President changed tact after Epstein was arrested last year, adding: 'I had a falling out a long time ago with him. I don't think I've spoken to him in 15 years. I was not a fan of his.'"

Prince Andrew's representatives have declined to comment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Biden-pursue-Prince-Andrew-aggressively.html

As for the US President-elect Joe Biden, my thinking is he will have enough on his plate for a host of reasons, reigning in the currently out of control coronavirus, the US economy, federal aide packages to the American citizens currently unable to work d/t the coronavirus. Since this thread is about Prince Andrew and not Joe Biden I'll refrain from pointing out the Hunter Biden investigation turned up zero, nothing and is now a nothing burger.:lol:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Biden-pursue-Prince-Andrew-aggressively.html

I think this belongs in the Prince Andrew/Epstein thread. I only posted here to respond and clarify a post from REAL COUNTESS. Thank you.

Last edited:
I don't believe the Andrew/Epstein involvement rates the attention of the President of the United States (whomever he may be at the time). Its not a national concern.

Epstein is dead and Maxwell is in prison awaiting trial and prosecution next summer sometime, I believe. There's not much more that can really be done except leave it to those involved to prosecute the case as best as they can. Andrew probably won't even figure much into the Maxwell case at all. At most, he'll be referenced as a "close friend" of Maxwell's. There are no charges whatsoever pending against Andrew so why would he be involved?

I'm sure its any of the victim's legal rights to file their own suits against men that abused them but that has nothing to do with the federal case now pending against Maxwell for sex trafficking crimes.

Someone may, eventually, file a lawsuit personally against Andrew. Just as once Trump is out of office, lawsuits could be filed against him personally also.

Prince Andrew and a Shady Bank...

"For years, Andrew acted as an unofficial door opener for David Rowland and his private bank in Luxembourg, Banque Havilland SA, according to a trove of emails, internal documents, and previously unreported regulatory filings reviewed by Bloomberg Businessweek, as well as interviews with 10 former bank insiders.

His royal cachet and his role as the U.K.’s special representative for international trade and investment until 2011 helped the Rowland family pitch their services to potential clients from the ranks of the world’s dictators and kleptocrats."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...land-and-banque-havilland-woo-sketchy-clients

Oh my, now they are after him, the press and all... Bloomberg Businessweek here did some digging!

Prince Andrew being Prince Andrew...

:previous: Prince Andrew's past keeps catching up with him, doesn't it. Jeffrey Epstein, shady business with shady people. It appears we have noticed Andrew out riding the ponies at Windsor Castle alot lately. It probably helps his stress levels as his life keeps crashing down around him. It's all rather tragic yet I don't feel sorry for him.

Didn't P Andrew resigned as the Envoy for International trade, don't remember if it was in Davos Switzerland, when he made the announcement or back in the UK. Some nasty Business dealings came to light. All these super rich have dirt on them some where, or they would not be this rich they all take advantage of the cracks in the Financial Laws and they can get away with it for a very long time. All they need is someone arrogant and self serving with greed and not being the sharpest tool in the shed, to help them, sadly this fits the bill for Andrew. Also a few years ago there was a controversy about the Panama papers, I believe this involved the Queen, did not hear much about it anymore. Andrew seem to be a magnet for trouble, greed and entitlement maybe a part of it. It seem he is the perfect fall guy. He is 60 years old now one could assume he has learned guess not.

"For years, Andrew acted as an unofficial door opener for David Rowland and his private bank in Luxembourg, Banque Havilland SA, according to a trove of emails, internal documents, and previously unreported regulatory filings reviewed by Bloomberg Businessweek, as well as interviews with 10 former bank insiders.

His royal cachet and his role as the U.K.’s special representative for international trade and investment until 2011 helped the Rowland family pitch their services to potential clients from the ranks of the world’s dictators and kleptocrats."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...land-and-banque-havilland-woo-sketchy-clients

Oh my, now they are after him, the press and all... Bloomberg Businessweek here did some digging!

It is a good article. But what is Andrew really accused of here - even if he did act unethically in introducing these people to the other investors when he should have, while acting as UK Special envoy. Unless they have absolute proof of financial gain - it is really nothing but hearsay. And if they did have proof I am pretty certain that the British police and Tax fraud people would have been on it by now. To be honest it doesn't even talk about cases against the people serious involved in the actually crimes - only 1 account of a tax penalty. If the evidence was there to make an accusation - there would be evidence to actually make an arrest.

I give you that Andrew certainly has a knack for picking friends. I do worry that he might have brought other family members - wittingly and unwittingly into this as well.

It must be a boring news day, so Andrew is watched when he drives to or leave Windsor.
really Papp's get real her. And the other story well. I must say P A really is a magnet for trouble. Now that is Andrew, he loves who he is and all the perks which come with it, he adores money, not the best combination imo.

The original Times article is behind a paywall so I'm forced to link the DM article to this story. Sorry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ting-Queen-discourage-Scots-independence.html

Lionel Barker, the ex Financial Times Editor told the Times about his new book. In it he stated, from the diaries he has kept, that about a week before the Scottish Referendum, he had lunch with Prince Andrew.

The Yes vote was then surging and apparently Andrew told him that the Queen was concerned and intended to try and intervene. In Barker's words, Andrew 'tipped him the wink' before the Queen spoke to a member of the public at Balmoral about the Scots should think carefully before they voted.

Last edited:
Well, I have the feeling - and it might be just mine - that the Prince Andrew involvement into *this* scandal might be used as a kind of magic veil to make the real scandal around the Epstein story disappear.

But: We have seen only recently, namely in Spain, how a small story about some business meetings can go from zero to 2 billion Euro in a very short amount of time... Inclusive a King in hiding and so on...

We knew ages ago though didn't we? Even former Prime Minister David Cameron said in his memoirs that he had asked the Palace if HM could make some sort of politically neutral yet somewhat encouraging comment so clearly we knew what HM had said had been thought out. The only new information here is that Andrew knew about it before hand and is, as ever, a buffoon enough to go about bragging and getting the rest of the RF in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom