Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Queen should live longer than all of them?

I remember HM got a lot of slack for still sticking by Andrew after that awful interview he did with Emily Maitlis. IIRC he's her favourite child, and people have said that as he was given a lot of attention as a child and always got his own way on things, it has turned Andrew into his character today.

I remember HM got a lot of slack for still sticking by Andrew after that awful interview he did with Emily Maitlis. IIRC he's her favourite child, and people have said that as he was given a lot of attention as a child and always got his own way on things, it has turned Andrew into his character today.

Yes I know she's not going to throw him out, he's her son, but I think she's always been too soft with him. She could have remained a loving mother but ben a bit tougher over the interview...
Its too late in the day now to make him more responsible.

Being let down by members of your family at 94 is too much really.

Quite right.

I do hope Andrew is push on a short leash, before he does any more damage to himself, his immediate family and the BRF!

Then again if the queen was more stern with andrew when he was younger instead of spoiling him maybe he would not have turned out the way that he did.

Then again if the queen was more stern with andrew when he was younger instead of spoiling him maybe he would not have turned out the way that he did.

I think that is a difficult one to answer. History is full of the "spare" being somewhat difficult, precious, less committed to duty, grand, perhaps somewhat astray, whilst the heir is dutiful. Examples could include Princess Margaret, potentially Prince Harry, Prince Laurent in Belgium etc.

:previous: Others to the contrary would include Kings George V and VI.

I wish they would take away his hrh. He deserves it!!!

Its not going to happen. He can't work, he wont be able to travel or do his deals with rich people for now and possibly for the rest of his life.

“The @ChtyCommission has found the Prince Andrew Charitable Trust breached charity law with £355k payments to #PrinceAndrew’s former private secretary. On “proactive examination” of PACT’s records @ChtyCommission “identified other issues of concern that required further attention”

Oh dear, the York's and money never seems to end well does it. From the report:

As a result of this work, £355,297 has been returned to the charity, which will be redistributed towards causes in line with the charity’s purposes. The current trustees acted to rectify this matter once it was identified by the Commission.

However, proactive examination of the charity’s accounts and records at the time identified other issues of concern that required further attention.

These included:

*the charity could not show that conflicts of interest relating to the payments received by a trustee were managed adequately at trustee meetings

*there was no standalone conflicts of interest policy at the charity for trustees to refer to

*open and fair competition was not conducted before the trustee was appointed to the roles at the charity’s subsidiaries

*no evidence was obtained to demonstrate that these payments to the trustee provided value for money for the charity

Here’s another article about the charity money issues https://www.charitytimes.com/ct/prince-andrew-charity-breached-charity-law.php
I assume this is the money paid to his private secretary reported on several weeks ago. Interestingly, the initial reports were that she was paid, whereas this article indicates that it was Andrew’s household that was paid to re-imburse it for her time. I suppose that explains some of his financial shortfall at present, he’s no longer able to subsidize his staff via the money his ‘charity’ collected.

When they mentioned "charity" and "reimbursing staff" , my mind jumped automatically to Andrew's Pitch@Palace scheme. If I'm remembering things right and clearly, Andrew would host functions at Buckingham Palace where potential investors would meet with enterpreneurs. As this was not part and parcel of BP's household staff/cooks/serviers etc line of duty, I would imagine that Pitch@Palace would be responsible for their time and service and also for any food or drink provided.

The rug was drastically pulled out from under Pitch@Palace after Andrew's disastrous interview and perhaps some staff was left waiting to be paid?

Last edited:
When they mentioned "charity" and "reimbursing staff" , my mind jumped automatically to Andrew's Pitch@Palace scheme. If I'm remembering things right and clearly, Andrew would host functions at Buckingham Palace where potential investors would meet with enterpreneurs. As this was not part and parcel of BP's household staff/cooks/serviers etc line of duty, I would imagine that Pitch@Palace would be responsible for their time and service and also for any food or drink provided.

The rug was drastically pulled out from under Pitch@Palace after Andrew's disastrous interview and perhaps some staff was left waiting to be paid?

Or the staff was expected to perform these services as part of their normal work and after it all came to light, decisions about financial liability were made and there was no money budgeted for these "unexpected " expenses

Or the staff was expected to perform these services as part of their normal work and after it all came to light, decisions about financial liability were made and there was no money budgeted for these "unexpected " expenses

It most certainly fits into Andrew's attitude of "I want so I get". Making the marionettes dance to his tune has been his life.

No surprise as there hasn't been anything posted since he stood down from royal duties. The same with his other social media outlets - nothing since that announcement so they are all effectively dead.

Understandable, but it is a pity that the York princesses' biographies have gone with it. I don't understand why Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are given their own biography on the royal family website and additionally have their own websites, but Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie of York do not.

:previous: Agreed. One cant even argue its because the Yorks are not working royals as neither are Prince and Princess Michael. Their work is private as well.

Its sad how little recognition those girls got even before this from the family. The family doesn't even have to pay them/make them working royals. Some simple recognition of their work would give the RF good press boost.

Understandable, but it is a pity that the York princesses' biographies have gone with it. I don't understand why Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are given their own biography on the royal family website and additionally have their own websites, but Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie of York do not.
Odd, when I looked at the website for the royal family the only Kent I saw was the Duke, no mention of Prince & Princess Michael of Kent - perhaps I’m looking at the wrong place?
At this time the York name equals bad press due to the actions of Andrew and Sarah, thus mentioning Eugenie or Beatrice always gives the press an excuse to dredge up the scandals of their parents. It’s not ‘fair,’ but for the time being the York daughters generate more negative press towards the RF than positive. Hopefully with time and as they start their own families they’ll be seen as distinct from their parents and no longer unfairly tarnished with guilt by association.

Odd, when I looked at the website for the royal family the only Kent I saw was the Duke, no mention of Prince & Princess Michael of Kent - perhaps I’m looking at the wrong place?

See these links:

https://www.royal.uk/princeandprincessmichaelofkent
https://www.royal.uk/the-duchess-of-kent

Its sad how little recognition those girls got even before this from the family. The family doesn't even have to pay them/make them working royals. Some simple recognition of their work would give the RF good press boost.

At this time the York name equals bad press due to the actions of Andrew and Sarah, thus mentioning Eugenie or Beatrice always gives the press an excuse to dredge up the scandals of their parents. It’s not ‘fair,’ but for the time being the York daughters generate more negative press towards the RF than positive. Hopefully with time and as they start their own families they’ll be seen as distinct from their parents and no longer unfairly tarnished with guilt by association.

I have had the thought that more recognition could actually help to counter the myths that they do not work and are simply dependents (financially and otherwise) on their parents.

I also looked at the Websites front page, and the Wessexes are listed before Prince Andrew, w/Andrew getting a small frame next to Princess Anne. The only other Royals with small frames are the spouses.

Thanks for the links, I suspected I was unable to navigate the site properly.

Were you perhaps looking on the "Royal Family" page? For some reason I don't understand, the Duchess of Kent and Prince and Princess Michael are not listed on it. And it cannot be due to their status as non-working royals, as the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and the Duke of York are, in contrast, listed.

Were you perhaps looking on the "Royal Family" page? For some reason I don't understand, the Duchess of Kent and Prince and Princess Michael are not listed on it. And it cannot be due to their status as non-working royals, as the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and the Duke of York are, in contrast, listed.

I think they've listed them in order of succession w/their spouses; that's why I'm surprised that the Wessexes are listed before the Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom