The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Andrew is really pushing for him and his daughters to be seen as senior royals. This is the first time I've seen a salute go up for the York princesses. And no Jack present?

This is Andrews first year as colonel, and the York Princesses are royals by blood. It would be remiss if they didnt give a salute frankly. Jack is not married into the RF yet, no reason for him to attend.

All about perception.....

Old 06-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Andrew is really pushing for him and his daughters to be seen as senior royals. This is the first time I've seen a salute go up for the York princesses. And no Jack present?
I agree. When the window opened I could see him itching to get out to stand right at the front beside the Queen. He knows that the media wanted a good shot of Harry and Meghan but you could tell he was budging for no one. I think Andrew is struggling with the loss of status for him and his family as Charles' children marry and have kids and he is pushed further away from the throne. He's the only one of the Queen's children I really notice this about.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Both his new regiment and the royal family make it a really special occassion for their new royal colonel. I am sure thst is appreciated by the duke and his proud daughters.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I agree. When the window opened I could see him itching to get out to stand right at the front beside the Queen. He knows that the media really wanted a good shot of Harry and Meghan but you could tell he was budging for no one. I think Andrew is struggling with the loss of status for him and his family as Charles' children marry and have kids and he is pushed further away from the throne. He's the only one of the Queen's children I really notice this about.
He had an important role to play in trooping the colour as royal colonel of a household division and this was his first time, so it made total sense that he was given more prominence than a couple that just attended as grandchildren of the monarch. Whether that fitted the media's narrative is their problem. This was the narrative the BRF wanted to tell.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I agree. When the window opened I could see him itching to get out to stand right at the front beside the Queen. He knows that the media wanted a good shot of Harry and Meghan but you could tell he was budging for no one. I think Andrew is struggling with the loss of status for him and his family as Charles' children marry and have kids and he is pushed further away from the throne. He's the only one of the Queen's children I really notice this about.
Who cares what the media wants? Andrew is The Queens son and in the lack of Prince Philip acted as the "second man" there. The man is 58 years old and has always been the second son, he knows this. People will just find anything they can to pick this man apart it's a real shame when yesterday he represented his father and mother so well.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
It was a big day for Andrew and he did his mother proud. He'd been practicing his horsemanship diligently and it was his first appearance as a colonel of a household division and rightly deserved the spot he took.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who cares what the media wants? Andrew is The Queens son and in the lack of Prince Philip acted as the "second man" there. The man is 58 years old and has always been the second son, he knows this. People will just find anything they can to pick this man apart it's a real shame when yesterday he represented his father and mother so well.
He did not act as Second Man. That was the Prince of Wales, the most senior royal colonel in action and with both in royal rank as military rank way outshining his younger brother.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

It does not matter where Andrew stood...the media still focused on Harry and Meghan even though they stood in the back, as well as the Queen, Cambridges and the children.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Regardless, he did an excellent job. If he hadn’t, that media would be blasting it in today’s papers!
Old 06-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Who stands that close to the Queen is decided not by the media or the public but by the Queen. The fact that she had her second son there was because that is where she wanted him to be ... not necessarily where he wanted to be but where his mother wanted him to be - beside her where his father used to stand as he now holds the rank his father held before him - Colonel of the Grenadier Guards.

Everyone would have known what the Queen wanted and they stood where she wanted them. It was her birthday and she and she alone would have decided how prominent a position her children and grandchildren would have - not the media or the public.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Who stands that close to the Queen is decided not by the media or the public but by the Queen. The fact that she had her second son there was because that is where she wanted him to be ... not necessarily where he wanted to be but where his mother wanted him to be - beside her where his father used to stand as he now holds the rank his father held before him - Colonel of the Grenadier Guards.

Everyone would have known what the Queen wanted and they stood where she wanted them. It was her birthday and she and she alone would have decided how prominent a position her children and grandchildren would have - not the media or the public.
I read an article in which a lip-reader said the Queen and Andrew were talking about the different types of airplanes flying overhead. https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-family-latest They both looked happy to be standing together and why shouldn't the Queen pick Andrew to stand with her? I'm sure she wants to take into consideration all her children...just because Charles and his family are the heirs doesn't mean all the others aren't equally the Queen's children.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Most photos I saw from today the Queen was flanked by Charles and Andrew on either side. I thought it made for great photos, the Queen in blue and the Princes in red uniforms, particularly in light of Philips absence.
https://media.glamour.com/photos/5b1...520Balcony.jpg
https://media.glamour.com/photos/5b1...over%25203.jpg
Old 06-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
He did not act as Second Man. That was the Prince of Wales, the most senior royal colonel in action and with both in royal rank as military rank way outshining his younger brother.
The Prince of Wales was the first man that's why the poster called Andrew the 2nd.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 11th June:
The Duke of York, Chairman of Trustees, the Outward Bound Trust, this morning chaired a Trustees' Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of Trustees, the Outward Bound Trust, this afternoon held a Lunch at Buckingham Palace for supporters.

The Duke of York, Colonel-in-Chief, The Yorkshire Regiment (14th/15th, 19th and 33rd/76th Foot), later received Lieutenant Colonel Samuel Humphris upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer 2nd Battalion and Lieutenant Colonel B. Westcott upon assuming the appointment, and Lieutenant Colonel Mark Yates upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer 4th Battalion and Lieutenant Colonel G. Yates upon assuming the appointment.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It also could have been that the salute was a courtesy as the York princesses' father was a Colonel of a Household division for Trooping this year. Andrew's first on horseback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
He had an important role to play in trooping the colour as royal colonel of a household division and this was his first time, so it made total sense that he was given more prominence than a couple that just attended as grandchildren of the monarch. Whether that fitted the media's narrative is their problem. This was the narrative the BRF wanted to tell.
Oh good grief. This nasty attitude toward both Prince Andrew and his daughters is positively infantile. They got the salute because as blood princesses they are entitled to it.

It was hardly surprising that Prince Andrew should stand beside his mother because it was a significant event both for him and his mother and she wanted him front and, centre so to speak, so everyone could see him and how proud she was of him. Instead of sharing HM's obvious happiness there is sniping about him "pushing himself forward" so the newlyweds could not stand there.

HM is quite clear about who she wants where and nobody is going to push their way forward. She encourages those she wants to come forward and expects a certain standard of behaviour on the balcony (as Prince William found to his embarrassment). Had she wanted Harry and Meghan behind her, they would have been there. Instead, this Trooping of the Colour not only marked HM's official birthday but was Andrews debut riding in the parade in his capacity as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards.

In the event, Meghan was really nervous and as Catherine discovered, the size of the crowd is quite intimidating. She was quite happy to stay at the back and, to be honest, she has a lifetime of 'Balcony Events' ahead of her. She and Harry were both happy for Prince Andrew to have his moment in the limelight.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh good grief. This nasty attitude toward both Prince Andrew and his daughters is positively infantile. They got the salute because as blood princesses they are entitled to it.

It was hardly surprising that Prince Andrew should stand beside his mother because it was a significant event both for him and his mother and she wanted him front and, centre so to speak, so everyone could see him and how proud she was of him. Instead of sharing HM's obvious happiness there is sniping about him "pushing himself forward" so the newlyweds could not stand there.

HM is quite clear about who she wants where and nobody is going to push their way forward. She encourages those she wants to come forward and expects a certain standard of behaviour on the balcony (as Prince William found to his embarrassment). Had she wanted Harry and Meghan behind her, they would have been there. Instead, this Trooping of the Colour not only marked HM's official birthday but was Andrews debut riding in the parade in his capacity as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards.

In the event, Meghan was really nervous and as Catherine discovered, the size of the crowd is quite intimidating. She was quite happy to stay at the back and, to be honest, she has a lifetime of 'Balcony Events' ahead of her. She and Harry were both happy for Prince Andrew to have his moment in the limelight.
Well said! I wish the Moderators of this board would curtail the York haters.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

It is the first time their father their father has been Colonel of the Grenadier Guards for Trooping of the Color. Only right that he takes the Salute and his family (daughters) join him. I see nothing pushy about it.

Maybe Jack was working, or maybe he isn't going to join in everything, even when he and Eugenie are married.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 12th June:
The Duke of York, Patron, Sound Seekers, this morning received Ms. Emma Judge upon relinquishing her appointment as Chief Executive and Ms. Kavita Prasad upon assuming the appointment.

His Royal Highness, President, Association of Leading Visitor Attractions, this afternoon held a Lunch at Buckingham Palace.

The Duke of York, Founder, Pitch@Palace, later received the Lord Maude of Horsham (former Minister of State for Trade and Investment).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited "the Art of Diplomacy - Brazilian Modernism Painted for War" Exhibition at the Brazilian Embassy, 14-16 Cockspur Street, St. James's, London SW1.

The Duke of York, Founder, Pitch@Palace, subsequently received Mr. Paul Scanlan (Chief Technical Officer, Huawei Technologies Company Limited).

https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...14037809655808
https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...81965804449792
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 13th June:
The Duke of York, Patron, Royal Academy of Engineering, this morning received Professor Dame Ann Dowling (President) and Dr Hayaatun Sillem (Chief Executive).

His Royal Highness, Fellow, the Royal Society, this afternoon held a Reception for University Research, Dorothy Hodgkin and Sir Henry Dale Fellows at Buckingham Palace.

Court Circular 14th June:
The Duke of York this morning opened the UK and Ireland Headquarters of Bayer plc, 400 South Park Way, Green Park, Reading, and was received by Her Majestys Lord-Lieutenant of the Royal County of Berkshire (Mr James Puxley).

His Royal Highness, Patron, Harwell Campus, Science and Technology Facilities Council, this morning visited the Space Cluster, Zephyr Building, Harwell Campus, Didcot, and was received by Her Majestys Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire (Mr Timothy Stevenson).

The Duke of York this afternoon visited Williams Advanced Engineering, Grove, Wantage, Oxfordshire.

His Royal Highness, Founder, Pitch@Palace, later visited Peking University Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation Business School, Foxcombe Hall, Boars Hill, Wootton, Oxfordshire, and opened the Pitch@Palace Pathway.

https://twitter.com/UKBayer/status/1007209417912274944
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...08051672719361
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...01468163051520
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...99486958456832
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...04671533379585
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...05960015134720
Old 06-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 16th June:
The Duke of York, Visitor, this morning visited Horris Hill School, Horris Hill, Newtown, Newbury, to mark its One Hundred and Thirtieth Anniversary, and was received by Rear Admiral Iain Henderson (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Hampshire).

Court Circular 18th June:
The Queen, accompanied by The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy, today held a Chapter of the Most Noble Order of the Garter in the Throne Room, Windsor Castle.