Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the DM is just using it as an excuse to reignite the Charles v Andrew fight again.
The BBC's Nick Whitchell said it was more likely Charles and Anne will be seen with the Queen in future

I don't think Charles will fill that role he has his own full agenda. I do see Andrew taking on some work with the Queen along with other family members

I really think the DM is just using it as an excuse to reignite the Charles v Andrew fight again.
The BBC's Nick Whitchell said it was more likely Charles and Anne will be seen with the Queen in future
Interestingly, there was much on YouTube yesterday about Prince Andrew's angry rebuttal of any quarreling between himself and Charles and an emphatic denial that Charles has ever treated his daughters as anything other than loved nieces. I am interested at the timing.

A casual look at the diaries of both Charles and Anne would show that as an exercise in futility. I think we will see more of the Cambridge's, Harry, Andrew, Edward and Sophie.

I think we will also see a slight shuffling of duties between those family members, and largely dependent on who would be the most "appropriate" member to accompany HM. We may also see a bit more of Beatrice and Eugenie occasionally accompanying their grandmother as they already have.

On May 10 the Duke of York received Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim and his delegation for a meeting at Buckingham Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Duke of York is currently in China and met with the Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi in Beijing today, May 22:

** Pic **

The Duke of York will take a stroll down memory lane when he revisits his old school during a trip to Moray today.

Pupils at Gordonstoun will show Prince Andrew around its sprawling grounds on the outskirts of Lossiemouth.

The public school has educated generations of royals, including his older brother Charles.

The Duke of York first attended there in 1973, when he was just 13.

Gordonstoun principal, Lisa Kerr, said that the school’s youngsters had lined up a host of activities to keep their special guest amused.
Read more:https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/moray/1259864/duke-of-york-to-relive-youth-on-moray-trip/?utm_source=twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
The comments are absolutely scathing with many not even understanding what he is trying to do - thinking he is trying the trademark BP itself rather than an organisation.

That's because the title of the article is implying exactly that - that Pr. Andrew is trying to trademark the name of the palace. The DM is deliberately trying to create that impression. :bang:

The Duke of York is currently visiting Singapore to represent Queen Elizabeth, as Head of the Commonwealth, at the Commonwealth Science Conference.

This morning, June 13, he made a courtesy call on President Tony Tan Keng Yam:

** Pic **

I thought members of the BRF weren't supposed to publicly voice their political views? Charles has stated his before, but has been criticised for doing so. I'm not sure if Andrew should have stated his views on Brexit, given that it's such a topical and debated issue and that it's an unwritten rule that royalty and politics traditionally don't go together.

This isnt political as it is post the referendum. Royals could not say anythig that could influence the vote.

What he has said is true - there are risks and there are opportunities. No harm in stating the obvious.

Regardless if they were in favor or against a Brexit, I am sure all British will agree that they have to make the most the new situation. The comments of the duke seem sensible enough, though rather platitudinous. The latter is not a bad thing for a comment on such a sensitive matter by a royal.

Last edited:
Andrew has simply stated an obvious fact - there are business opportunities outside of the EU.

The only royal who actually can't say anything political is the monarch. The rest are able to do so but generally don't. Same as those royals who are also commoners are eligible to vote and/or stand for election to the House of Commons but again they don't. The royals who are also commoners by the way (Camilla, Kate, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Sophie, Anne, Birgitte, Katherine, Michael, Marie-Christine and Alexandra). The others (Philip, Charles, William, Andrew, Edward, Richard and Edward) are peers of the realm and until 1999 were eligible to sit in the House of Lords with only Richard and the elder Edward not eligible to take up a seat in the newly reformed Lords - they chose not to do so but could have done so - as Earl Snowdon did for instance).

The only royal who actually can't say anything political is the monarch. The rest are able to do so but generally don't. Same as those royals who are also commoners are eligible to vote and/or stand for election to the House of Commons but again they don't. The royals who are also commoners by the way (Camilla, Kate, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Sophie, Anne, Birgitte, Katherine, Michael, Marie-Christine and Alexandra). The others (Philip, Charles, William, Andrew, Edward, Richard and Edward) are peers of the realm and until 1999 were eligible to sit in the House of Lords with only Richard and the elder Edward not eligible to take up a seat in the newly reformed Lords - they chose not to do so but could have done so - as Earl Snowdon did for instance).

Thank you for the clarification, Iluvbertie. I had always presumed that all members of the immediate BRF had to steer clear from political discussions. I knew that other royals were eligible to vote, but I just didn't realise that it was only HM who technically wasn't allowed to air her political opinions.

Earlier today, Prince Andrew attended Countess Mountbatten's funeral sporting a black eye. Buckingham Palace refused to comment on his big shiner.

The Duke of York attended the Open Golf Championship at Royal Birkdale golf course near Southport today, July 21:

** Pic ** gettyimages **

Yesterday evening, August 23, the Duke of York was seen leaving the Connaught Hotel in London:

** rex gallery **

Looks like he's doing his part helping his mother with some duties. :cool:

He has always done more duties than people realise. He has been the third or fourth hardest working member of the family for years (Edward was ahead last year due to the 60th anniversary of the DoE Awards scheme that saw him do over 100 for that organisation which isn't normal).

People are going to assume that whenever a 'minor' royal does something it is 'stepping up' to help the Queen when they are simply doing what they have always done in terms of numbers and types of engagements.

The only ones who will actually be 'stepping up' will be William, Kate and Harry as they are the ones with the time to add more work to their schedule (although as Harry hasn't had a job for over two years now I am not sure he will increase him numbers but will settle for around 150 a year believing that is enough). He could have been doing 400 a year for the last two years if he had any real inclination to do so.

Some golf courses near those locations might be getting a visit perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom