Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting worse and worse I can't see how there can't be some sort of Enquiry. He seems to be using his role as a Royal envoy for his own personal gain which isn't what it is about. It is looking very shady.

This is getting worse and worse I can't see how there can't be some sort of Enquiry. He seems to be using his role as a Royal envoy for his own personal gain which isn't what it is about. It is looking very shady.

It is indeed shady typical Andrew !! I really hope it's looked into. Too much gets swept under the carpet regards Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

New article but old news. The house was sold in 2007, so these deals were 9 years ago. His shady dealings were already looked into.

Andrew has not been a trade envoy since 2011, when these scandals came out.

^^^ Not one comment on this, and yet just last month, the faux outrage on this forum was full throttle when William and Catherine used a helicopter.

1000+ comments now, but nothing surprising if you've read the dm-comments section before ;)

Yes comments in the DM, but I mean on TRF. No one here commented, and yet last month when W&C used the helicopter, it was 'outrage' central here

Ah, okay, sorry i misunderstood, maybe W&C's thread is followed by more people here?

Hi. Here in France, there is a rumor stating that prince Andrew is dating Demi Moore. How funny.

Hi. Here in France, there is a rumor stating that prince Andrew is dating Demi Moore. How funny.

I wonder what connections she has that would make Andrew interested
$$$

I really can't see that happening Demi Moore usually dates men a lot younger then her and Andrew is older then her? Could be just a rumour.

I don't think Demi would want to share Andrew with Sarah even if she was interested in the 1st place which I don't think she would be.

While the west coast of the US may be the locale most synonymous with the successful startup, however Prince Andrew, Duke of York believes the UK should not try to “emulate” its ecosystem, and instead stay true to its own.

Speaking to The Drum, the Duke, who is an avid supporter of entrepreneurship and former UK trade envoy, explained that his work illuminated the diversity of start-up scenes around the world.
Read more: The Duke of York on the UK startup scene: ‘It’s important that we don’t copy other countries’ ecosystems’ | Digital | The Drum

I hope Andrew is dating Demi. He could go to the states and stay there. Horrid man

Where is the outrage over Andrew being criticized for using the helicopter? When the Cambridges are the targets, people whine and call it a vendetta and petty, and claim they face criticism for doing the same thing other royaks do. But when Andrew is criticized, no one cares. Proof again that all the royaks get heat for the helicopter, not just the young ones :bang:

:previous:

I think this story is lifted from the Sunday Express, which I read.

Prince Andrew's 45-minute helicopter journey costs taxpayers £3,000 | Royal | News | Daily Express

This is so pathetic. It's the usual part-truth storyline that doesn't give all the information which would result in a balanced article.

All the BRF use the helicopters as we know - but as DoY has just had a go at the media, then the media will have a go back. School ground stuff.

The Express article also has a go about overseas travel. Very misleading. DoY scheduled overseas travel amounted to 12 days. Another 4 were added when he took over a trip when Princess Royal was ill. Here's the list of #days

PoW 20
Camilla 17
William 22
Catherine 18
Harry 34
Duke of Y 12 + 4 (Anne's)
PR 35
Edward 30
Sophie 14
DGlos 6
DsG 5
DK 4
Alexandra 4

No o/seas travel for HMQ or DoE.

This is days of official engagements. It doesn't include, for example, Harry's stay in Africa.

Where is the outrage over Andrew being criticized for using the helicopter? When the Cambridges are the targets, people whine and call it a vendetta and petty, and claim they face criticism for doing the same thing other royaks do. But when Andrew is criticized, no one cares. Proof again that all the royaks get heat for the helicopter, not just the young ones :bang:

The press can criticise anyone it wants but if it's a story about the Cambridges using the helicopter we'd already be at 50 comments from people here at TRF expressing their 'outrage'. With Andrew there are three posts.

Which goes to show it's people wanting to have a go at W&K rather than concern about using a helicopter for an official event.

Last edited:
Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: February 2015

We have seen this same helicopter outrage article before. Charles, William, Kate were the previous subjects of helicopter abuse and now it's Andrew.

The helicopters are leased so they are paid for from the Sovereign grant if they are used or they sit there. The £3000 cost is if you went in from the street and rented a helicopter for a day. But that's not the situation here

All the royals use the helicopter including Anne and beloved Harry.

The Queen and Philip's train trip to Sandringham is basically the Hogwarts Express journey from Harry Potter. Those wizard kids could have just taken a portkey or floo to Hogwarts but let's make them all go to London and then take a 1/2 day train ride.

The Queen and Philip are in a first class cabin with no regular people in it. So that's more than 2 senior tickets. They don't have their luggage or Corgis with them. So that means the dogs and luggage are going to Sandringham via road plus all the staff that has to go to Sandringham for the 3 months that the Queen is there for. So moving the Queen to Sandringham isn't just the cost a of train ticket.

The Sovereign Grant Act also allows the Royal Household to determine it's own priorities. If the Queen thinks she needs two helicopters for travel, she leases two helicopters (which she does btw)

I could see people getting worked up if the helicopter was being used to take the royals to McDonalds for breakfast. But when the story is member of the royal family takes official helicopter to official royal event, it makes no sense, at least to me.

I think too that if the royal bird is to get off the ground, its the Queen's "OK" that gives it the go ahead to lift off. Would anyone dare to really cross the Queen's assent in the execution of official duties?

That was my understanding too, Osipi. The Queen approves each and every use of the helicopter. So if she thinks the use is warranted......who is anyone to complain?

:previous:

I think this story is lifted from the Sunday Express, which I read.

Prince Andrew's 45-minute helicopter journey costs taxpayers £3,000 | Royal | News | Daily Express

This is so pathetic. It's the usual part-truth storyline that doesn't give all the information which would result in a balanced article.

All the BRF use the helicopters as we know - but as DoY has just had a go at the media, then the media will have a go back. School ground stuff.

The Express article also has a go about overseas travel. Very misleading. DoY scheduled overseas travel amounted to 12 days. Another 4 were added when he took over a trip when Princess Royal was ill. Here's the list of #days

PoW 20
Camilla 17
William 22
Catherine 18
Harry 34
Duke of Y 12 + 4 (Anne's)
PR 35
Edward 30
Sophie 14
DGlos 6
DsG 5
DK 4
Alexandra 4

No o/seas travel for HMQ or DoE.

This is days of official engagements. It doesn't include, for example, Harry's stay in Africa.

Thank you for sharing the facts cepe. I appreciate the time and effort you put into compiling this information.

As you pointed out Andrew is now in the press' targets for voicing his objections to their articles about him and his family. These types of stories are likely to continue until the press finds another BRF member to be their "click bait.";)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom