Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll skip it. It's gonna be the same ole' same ole'.

I can't believe it but I agree with Russo about Sarah:ROFLMAO:

Sarah isn't going to reveal too much. She might be on the outside looking in with the BRF (with the exception of Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie) but she isn't going tell ALL the family secrets.

And one would hazard a guess that she is going to blame everyone except Sarah.

Merlot?

Is anyone hear going to watch the show?

In this world of instant tv, I am sure it will be posted on a website and on youtube. Not sure when OWN will be officially launched. But I am sure there will be a lot of press before the event is televised, so those who want to watch it will be reminded that its coming on the telly.

NO NO NO!!! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!!:bang: Okay, now that I've smashed my head to bits, here's my thoughts: If the people involved actually do confront her and don't let her evade the issues and blame others, then I think that this might be helpful to Sarah. But I'm just not comfortable with a former daughter-in-law of the Queen going on TV and talking about her life. If she were another celebrity, it would be different. Perhaps if her dealings with her former husband and her daughters were not up for discussion, it might come off better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read another piece, I think it was on the New York Daily News website, that the series is mainly about teen abandonment, and that it is Sarah's relationship with her own mother that is the main focus of her discussions with the professionals. I think if she goes in genuinely prepared to listen, open to help and advice, and not just going through the motions to get the cash, then absolutely she might get something out of it.
These people are professionals and the kind of people she should be talking to, I just wish it wasn't in front of the TV cameras.

I don't doubt that there will be headlines along the lines of "BP's fury over Fergie's TV show" or "Andrew and Fergie row over TV Documentary".
However I really do believe that this is something that Sarah will have discussed alot with Andrew. I'm not saying that he would have encouraged her to do it or given her his full blessing, but I do think that if he had a huge problem with it, that if it was a real NO NO, she wouldn't annoy or hurt him any further by doing it.

Come on folks - this is a TV show for crying out loud. It isn't as if this well help her, if she needs help emotionally or anything like that. It is there to entertain the masses and make them (the masses) feel superior because here is a woman who had everything but she also has problems. This isn't about helping Sarah emotionally although I will probably help her financially but about the public ghoulish delight in seeing and glorying in other people's suffering.

If she needs this sought of help it needs to be in private.

I have to agree with you on this one. Any worthwhile therapy and/or professional guidance will never be accomplished in a few hours in front of a camera with time out for a word from our sponsors. '

I'm sure that it will be good therapy for her debts and also put her into the limelight in hopes of generating future "appearances" but to be actually billed as credible therapy, I think would really be a misnomer. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that also are dealing with the "teen abandonment" issue but c'mon folks... what revelations on any TV show will actually serve to promote healing?

I agree, if Sarah needs help, then she should seek it in private. If the public delights in her plight, then Sarah's the one performing for their delight. She doesn't have to do it, nobody's put a gun to her head to force her to make a further humiliating spectacle of herself. Sarah has willingly chose this herself. It sounds like it's going to be a repeat of what we've heard for the past eon of years from her, more "poor, pitiful me."

I'm not a fan of the way this show sounds, but Sarah isn't going to say anything we haven't already heard hundreds of times before, including her dealings with Andrew and Beatrice and Eugenie. I also agree with IrishEyes, I'm sure Andrew is supporting Sarah in this, so I don't think she'll say anything that really puts the BRF in a poor light.

I'm kind of hoping the show has low ratings and unfavourable reviews (which I think it will) just so Sarah realizes that her story can get old even to American ears.

I remember how Oprah called Sarah a spiritually bankrupt woman in the interview this past summer, and Sarah referred to herself in the third person. This docu-series seems to be the brainchild of two women who have spent too much time reading pop psychology. I don't watch Oprah, but that seems to be her specialty, and when Sarah went to America in the 1990s, I believe she had therapists and people around her who hooked her on the "psychobabble" she sometimes uses. I don't imagine this docu-series will have a large audience by the end of it (if it's how it's portrayed) and I don't even see Oprah's new network as being successful. Sarah has other talents, so I'm hoping her time on this show will earn her the money she does need to pay off her debts, and then hopefully the reviews will be lukewarm enough that she realizes she needs to move on to things other than telling her own story over and over again.

I know, some of you will say that's a pipe dream ;)

If the public delights in her plight, then Sarah's the one performing for their delight. She doesn't have to do it, nobody's put a gun to her head to force her to make a further humiliating spectacle of herself. Sarah has willingly chose this herself. It sounds like it's going to be a repeat of what we've heard for the past eon of years from her, more "poor, pitiful me."

But you have to remember, telling the world about her "plight" was hugely successful for Sarah before. This is how she paid off her first mountain of debts, so even though we may say we've heard it all before, it makes sense that Sarah, when in dire financial straits, would turn to a tactic that worked before.

Sarah's tactic worked before especially in the US, but she tried it this summer on Oprah, and Oprah's website had a majority of negative comments about Sarah. This time is different also in that she was caught in a video in a cash for appearance scheme and so she hasn't got much public sympathy as she did in the 90's.

It didn't have a majority of negative comments, actually (yes I was interested enough to count them up at the time, positive vs. negative). It was split almost right down the middle with half saying Sarah was greedy or needed psychological help, and another half saying Sarah was taken advantage of by the News of the World journalist and/or the BRF.

But I completely agree with you that Sarah's tactic won't work so well now. And even some of her sympathizers in the U.S. might get sick of Sarah's story after a six-part docu-series. But Sarah apparently doesn't realize that yet. And she does need a lot of money.

I don't like so-called "reality television" and the whole idea of feeling good about ones-self only in comparison with others. I think that this program is probably going to be a disaster and expose Sarah and her family to more embarassment. Perhaps I'm hoping against hope that something positive, some little iota of progress will come out of it. I also hope that any money that Sarah makes actually goes toward paying the people she's indebted to and making their lives better as well.

Come on folks - this is a TV show for crying out loud. It isn't as if this well help her, if she needs help emotionally or anything like that. .

How about, there aren't any options? ;):ROFLMAO:

Sarah's tactic worked before especially in the US, but she tried it this summer on Oprah, and Oprah's website had a majority of negative comments about Sarah. This time is different also in that she was caught in a video in a cash for appearance scheme and so she hasn't got much public sympathy as she did in the 90's.

Oprah, I think also realizes that the time span of her talk show has run out. It may be one reason she's going to a privately owned network (OWN) To do documentaries.. to address issues and also be a network out there to address these issues will be among a few other thousands and probably rank right up there with Animal Planet and the Home Shopping Network. and.. IF you want this channel.. call your satellite provider. Then again, I don't think Oprah Winfrey will ever have such thing as a debt in her life either.

Sarah doing something for Oprah's OWN network will probably be watched by folks like us that will actually know its on. To be honest, I'll watch it as long as the channel doesn't cost me more to get. I'm not an Oprah fan.

I could see why she would want to help but if it was some Joe Shmo they would be going bankrupt and I don't see why should have to help her especially if her and her son are no longer married. But it is nice however that she is willing to do that.

haha! infomercials! that was funny :D

gosh I found that Oprah interview to be tragic. It was as if she didn't rehearse at all. very distorted. Remember when she kept referring to herself in third person?

she just destroyed her reputation (again) and now she can't make money from her title anymore.

I dont think anyone see's her as a prestigious "duchess" :whistling: not even in hollywood. Her job offers are probably very limited in the near future.

She doesn't have a title but a style commensutaye with her position as the divorced wife of a peer.
She has only one real option to be able to support herself - use her style of Sarah, Duchess of York, or have her ex-husband and his family support her.
She ceased to be a 'Duchess' in 1996 but will always be Sarah, Duchess of York while she doesn't marry someone else. ?That is the correcy form of her name since her divorce.

Sadly, Bertie's two options are the only real solutions for Sarah. I don't know if even Sarah, Duchess of York is going to be profitable for her after this past few months as I don't think there is a genuine interest any longer in her stories as a Royal etc. She was a hit after her divorce while working to get herself out of debt as people could relate to a divorced woman, wronged by her husband's family, working just like them to earn a living and getting herself on the right path. As I've said, the public is not as forgiving this second time especially when the person they had admired before was caught in a shady scheme, whether she was entrapped or not.
That leaves Andrew and his family. Sarah has gotten herself in a pattern of getting into messes and expecting others to bail her out especially her husband. I get the feeling she's not going to change because to change, she has to grow up and face some unpleasant consequences as an adult. Sarah doesn't want to do that so it will always be a vicious circle with her.
Lord, I hope her daughters don't turn out the same way.

I think Sarah made a poor choice definately but believe me when you are short on cash no matter how you got there, you will do most anything. If the Queen bails her out it is on the Queen, she doesn't have to bail her former daughter-in-law.

There's a limit on what Sarah can do as she is the mother of the Queen's and DOE's granddaughters. If she makes a fool of herself, the Royal Family is then in the spotlight again because of her. Having a talk show on Oprah's network, well, okay. Being on Celebrity Rehab as she wanted to do earlier this summer? Oh no!!! Sarah is her biggest enemy because she's a loose cannon and always manages to shoot herself in the foot.

But time and time again she is bailed out and considering what she did in May you'd think it'd be impossible for her to be bailed out but still, here she is. It's sad because she knows that he ex and daughters will defend her to the hilt and it seems that she's taking advantage of that.

You're exactly right. Sarah shoots herself every time by her actions and she keeps repeating because she has always been bailed out.

I think she should retire to a quiet life in some place faraway, say Florida. Andrew should provide her a 2-3 bedroom condo, and enough to live comfortably (say 50,000 a year in living expenses), and a clear instruction that she cannot speak to the media at all or engage in any commercial activity.

I think she should retire to a quiet life in some place faraway, say Florida. Andrew should provide her a 2-3 bedroom condo, and enough to live comfortably (say 50,000 a year in living expenses), and a clear instruction that she cannot speak to the media at all or engage in any commercial activity.

Honestly, Andrew doesn't have to provide her with anything. Sarah needs to learn about responsibility and how to manage her own life, not continue to scrounge off of ex. If Charles becomes King, would he be as sympathetic to her "cause", Eugenie and Beatrice may e his nieces but I doubt they'd hold sway the way they do over their grandmother.

Well said. I really don't think Charles would be symatheic to her either after all why the hell should he be. In my view all the girls are learning from this whole thing is ( A.) How to take advantage of people from their Mother and ( B.) How to let someone take advantage of you from their Father. Don't get me wrong I like Andrew. I just wonder if he ever gets tired of being a walking ATM machine for Sarah. Also please don't send her here to the US. We have enough overexposed train wrecks here for example Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, and numerous reality tv show stars. I know my view is not popular when it comes Sarah but I just call it like I see it.

Honestly, Andrew doesn't have to provide her with anything. Sarah needs to learn about responsibility and how to manage her own life, not continue to scrounge off of ex. If Charles becomes King, would he be as sympathetic to her "cause", Eugenie and Beatrice may e his nieces but I doubt they'd hold sway the way they do over their grandmother.

Whilst I agree on the principle of standing on your own two feet and not scrounging off your ex, Sarah has demonstrated that if she tries to earn her own living, she can be a major public embarassment. Hence my suggestion. The key is that it has to be a relatively modest lifestyle, with some clear pre-conditions (ie, no paid work, no media exposure).

I agree with some of the previous posts.
I think it's important that Sarah discusses any commercial offers with Andrew. If she does and takes his advice and opinion on board hopefully she will be on safe ground.
I don't think moving to the US or Argentina is the answer.
My opinion is why should she have to? If they are happy with their living arrangements that's all the matters to them.
If Andrew bails Fergie out financially then maybe taxpayers have the right to question where he got the money (from the sale of sunninghill, did HM provide it? etc) but their living arrangements is no ones business but their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom