Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best. Post. Ever.

Sarah should agree to whatever the BRF says in return for handling her finances point forward. Mainly that should include 1) shutting up and staying out of sight; 2) no more alcohol or drugs; 3) intensive psychiatric treatment.

That should be her job: obeying the rules. It would make a refreshing departure from her past.

I think I might have psychiatric treatment at No. (1).

I know Sarah does the poor me, poor me thing at times, but I do believe her mother moving to Argentina did untold damage.

I really admire anyone who accepts they need professional help and asks for it. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Oprah offers debt-ridden Fergie her very own TV show | Mail Online

Oprah Winfrey, the ‘queen’ of American TV, has offered the cash-strapped Duchess of York her own prime-time chat show.
Billionaire Oprah, 56, is launching her own cable channel, the Oprah Winfrey Network, next January, and last week called the scandal-hit Duchess to offer her a deal.

A source close to Sarah Ferguson said last night: ‘Oprah made the call this week. They spoke in person and, for Sarah, the offer is a ray of light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

... but she won’t get a penny from Andrew

By Katie Nicholl
The Duchess of York has been told she will not receive a penny from her ex-husband Prince Andrew, even though she is said to be on the verge of bankruptcy.
Andrew, who earlier this month had vowed to help the Duchess out of debt, will not be offering any financial assistance.

Sources close to the Prince say that while he is happy to advise Sarah Ferguson on how to get out of her dire financial situation, he will not be offering her a cash payout.

I think there was talk of Sarah being in discussions with Oprah's team even before the "cash for access saga".
It was denied then, but maybe things have changed.

I don't believe for a second that any "close friend" of Sarah's spoke about Andrew in that kind of tone. Truth be told, I'm sure they have nothing but great praise for him.
I'm sure Sarah would appreciate Andrew's friendship and emotional support now, and if he can help her cut costs and give advice, GREAT, but i doubt she would expect or ask him to pay any bill for her.

The very same newspaper reported recently that Andrew was joining her and the girls in spain next month, that wouldn't be happening if they had fallen out badly over this.

I wish the DM would make up their minds.

i'm shocked at the quote attributed to one of Sarah's "close friends" - "‘Sarah is in a very bad place at the moment, and she has been offered no financial aid from Andrew, which is frankly astonishing.’ IMO its more astonishing that a grown woman should need to rely on her EX husband to bail her out from her own mistakes.

IMO for Andrew to offer any kind of financial aid to repay any debt that Sarah has incurred would be parallel to taking her to a party with drinking and drugs flowing while she had just spent her first week in rehab for the same addictions. (This is just an example... no way stating Sarah has either of those problems). What Andrew IS doing is a very honorable and tough love way of dealing with the problem.

I reread this link twice and I do not like how Andrew has been slated as the "bad guy". Come on! This is the same guy who's ex wife tried to sell him out for cash. The majority of people if faced with that same situation would not even wouldn't even give the culprit the time of day let alone offer guidance as how to get out of the mess.

Perhaps her own TV show on Oprah's cable channel will be the solution she's looking for. It would offer her means of repaying the debts she does have, get a new start in life and hopefully have good financial managers. I'm not a big fan of Oprah's and the show line up listed doesn't appeal to me at all but if it would work for Sarah, it might be the silver lining in the dark cloud she's under right now.

I don't believe for a second that any "close friend" of Sarah's spoke about Andrew in that kind of tone. Truth be told, I'm sure they have nothing but great praise for him.
I'm sure Sarah would appreciate Andrew's friendship and emotional support now, and if he can help her cut costs and give advice, GREAT, but i doubt she would expect or ask him to pay any bill for her.

The very same newspaper reported recently that Andrew was joining her and the girls in spain next month, that wouldn't be happening if they had fallen out badly over this.

I wish the DM would make up their minds.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Irish Eyes. The DM is just stirring the pot.:sad:
Once again they can only quote "sources". Who are we to know what is happening behind the scenes? With no official word the media can only speculate. I think with Sarah being relatively quiet lately they just feel the need to bring her back into the spotlight again- and trying to create controversy too. Good on Andrew for maintaining a dignified silence and not giving in to media taunts.

I wish them all a happy holiday together or apart. Weathering so much bad press would be so demoralising in ways none of us can imagine.

I don't think a talk show is the solution for Sarah. Talk shows are starting to fade out with the exception of Ellen DeGeneres. Sarah found out that the US wasn't as excited about her as she thought, after her video was released, appearances in the US were cancelled by the organizations she was to appear at. To be honest, the majority of people in the US don't know or care about Sarah and especially about her being married once upon a time to Prince Andrew and being a member of the Royal Family.
I find it interesting that this story has suddenly appeared after previous stories in the last couple of weeks stating that Andrew's staff has completely taken over her operations and let go of her staff (most of which were unneeded). It makes it appear that she doesn't like the arrangements set in place to help her.
Even if she gets her own talk show, she hasn't learned anything, she'll blow whatever money she receives and the cycle will start again.

I don't think a talk show is the solution for Sarah. Talk shows are starting to fade out with the exception of Ellen DeGeneres. Sarah found out that the US wasn't as excited about her as she thought, after her video was released, appearances in the US were cancelled by the organizations she was to appear at. To be honest, the majority of people in the US don't know or care about Sarah and especially about her being married once upon a time to Prince Andrew and being a member of the Royal Family.
I find it interesting that this story has suddenly appeared after previous stories in the last couple of weeks stating that Andrew's staff has completely taken over her operations and let go of her staff (most of which were unneeded). It makes it appear that she doesn't like the arrangements set in place to help her.
Even if she gets her own talk show, she hasn't learned anything, she'll blow whatever money she receives and the cycle will start again.

Katrianna, I can certainly see why you might get that impression.
Your hunch is that Fergie gave one of her friends a nudge to talk to the DM, and paint Andrew as a bit of a bad guy.

Two reasons this doen't quiet add up;
- Through their separation and divorce the one thing they have never done is play petty games through the media.
- If Andrew suspected for a second that Fergie was behind a story like that, he could literally made her life hell. She couldn't risk it, he could make things a lot worse for her.

Not sure about a talk show, keeping her too much in the spotlight if nothing else. There was more than one company interested in turning her books into cartoons or films, it's the kind of thing someone might still be prepared to give her a shot with.

I wish them all a happy holiday together or apart. Weathering so much bad press would be so demoralising in ways none of us can imagine.[/QUOTE]

I think it will be apart.

It would be a nightmare, they would be hounded evey day, and then you would have the papers analysing their body language and all that.
They might feel it's not worth the hassle.
Of course if Andew doesn't join them, no doubt the press will take this to mean that they have had a huge bust up. and have a field day.

Sarah ought to think long and hard about the consequences of a talk show IF it were offered. I don't think HM would approve if such a thing was on the table for Sarah.

I think it's a good idea as long as she watches herself. Even if the show bombs, it's still an infusion of money and an event between her and access for cash scandal. Time doesn't heal such a wound as quickly if she doesn't have things to do, things that pop up in people's memories before the scandal does.

The possibilities of Sarah running off at the mouth are almost infinite.:sad:

Sarah ought to think long and hard about the consequences of a talk show IF it were offered. I don't think HM would approve if such a thing was on the table for Sarah.

Truer words were never spoken, Mermaid! Well said... :)

I don`t think a talk show is the solution to Sarah`s problems either--she needs to curb her overspending. Until she figures that out, no amount of income will really help her in the long run. And TV shows in the U.S. seem to have a very high turnover rate lately--so even in the unlikely event that Sarah`s talk show would be popular at first, I can`t see it having any kind of long-lasting popularity.

That being said, I don`t think hosting a talk show would be such a bad career for Sarah--as long as it was structured to make her spend more time interviewing people than being interviewed. Sure, she might easily end up talking about herself, but what would she really say that we haven`t heard countless times before in interviews? She doesn`t have any new information on the royal family, and since she hasn`t said anything really damaging about them since her divorce, I don`t think she`ll do so now.

About Andrew, Sarah and the girls going on vacation together--the possibility of press scrutiny probably won`t stop them. They vacation in Spain as a family every August, and Andrew and Sarah are really never photographed together, even though Andrew is usually reported as being there. Wherever they stay, it must be pretty private. The only photos that come out of that vacation are usually of Sarah and the girls at a polo event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that she might be doing her own show !!!! seriously?

Doing her own show in what way?
I reality TV show or hosting a talk show?

Some magazines have been saying that Oprah has invited her to do a talk show of her own, whether it is true or not is a case of wait and see.
I for one will not watch it, although I admit she is a good communicator.

That would be another business deal that Sarah would more than likely ruin, I would have understood if she did that a few years ago, when she wasn't surrounded by that much drama and of course the talk show would have to have nothing to do with the RF. But she would still have only got that job now and back then, because of the added extra to her name. Not because she deserved it.
Millions of people work every day to try and get their own TV show or talk show and they really do want to help people, Sarah would do this for money and to try and pick her name out of the dirt again.

I would have thought that was what she needed to do - get a job that she can do (and there aren't many given her age and skills) and get her name out of the dirt again.

I would have thought that was what she needed to do - get a job that she can do (and there aren't many given her age and skills) and get her name out of the dirt again.

Oh yes she does need to get a job, but I don't think doing a talk show, especially in America is not the right way to go. Like I said she'd ruin it somehow and a lot of people would be on that talkshow, innocents who would in somewhere more than likely be hurt.

Sarah would do this for money
Huh? It's a job offer. Sarah would get paid to do a job. Yes, Sarah would "do this for money". That's the whole idea. It's what people do.

Huh? It's a job offer. Sarah would get paid to do a job. Yes, Sarah would "do this for money". That's the whole idea. It's what people do.

Yes I know, but most people work years to get a well paid job in a profession that they love to work in. Like teaching or to become a politician. IMO Sarah would do like I said turn up to work, read the script, get her pay check and smile. :) Also she won't have got the job because she worked for her, she will have got it because of her added extra.

..a lot of people would be on that talkshow, innocents who would in somewhere more than likely be hurt.
Oh please, can we tone down the melodrama. It's becoming absurd.

Let's get real people...if its a talk show most likely its going to be in America and Americans tend to forgive Fergie.

First we are blasting her for her debts and vacationing (rightly so) and now we are not happy because she might have a job to pay off her debts? What is she supposed to do? She is not going to make a lot of money (which she needs to do because she has a lot of debt doing a "regular" job.

:previous:Right. Which is why I am wondering what ELSE can she do if this gig doesn't pan out?

Oh yes she does need to get a job, but I don't think doing a talk show, especially in America is not the right way to go. Like I said she'd ruin it somehow and a lot of people would be on that talkshow, innocents who would in somewhere more than likely be hurt.

This might sound odd but when I first heard of Sarah doing a TV talk show here in the US, the first names that jumped into my mind were Paul Burrell and James Hewitt. It would definitely be a draw for anyone that wishes to publicize and make a dollar off their connections with the BRF. I'd hope Sarah would have more sense than that but you never know.

Sarah has a beautiful voice and is a born conversationalist so I think it woud suit her perfectly.This is as perfect job a for her as U will get- . I hope she gets it.

Let's get real people...if its a talk show most likely its going to be in America and Americans tend to forgive Fergie.

Not only do we tend to forgive Fergie, we tend to jus luv her to bits!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom