Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in the "Mail on Sunday" about three weeks ago that Sarah and the girls are planning on going to Spain for their annual holiday in August, and YES you guessed it, Prince Andrew IS joining them as normal.
I suppose God help him, he must still love her.
Seriously though I'm sure she must have some lovely qualities, he's no fool, she must be doing something right.
The phrase "her own worst enemy" could have been coined just for her.
She's very popular in Ireland and TV people who have interviewed her, and people who met her at book signings really liked her, the woman they met very different to the woman they had read about.

^ This is quite interesting. Thank you for the Irish point of view ;) and welcome to TRF!:flowers:

I read in the "Mail on Sunday" about three weeks ago that Sarah and the girls are planning on going to Spain for their annual holiday in August, and YES you guessed it, Prince Andrew IS joining them as normal.
I suppose God help him, he must still love her.
Seriously though I'm sure she must have some lovely qualities, he's no fool, she must be doing something right.
The phrase "her own worst enemy" could have been coined just for her.
She's very popular in Ireland and TV people who have interviewed her, and people who met her at book signings really liked her, the woman they met very different to the woman they had read about.

Sarah is definitely her own worst enemy, no question there. But she must have good qualities, because, according to the articles, her former employees are still loyal to her despite everything. I guess Andrew could be taking care of Sarah because his daughters would resent him otherwise. But I think the fact that Sarah`s daughters do obviously love her is an indication that she has good qualities, so why might Andrew not love those qualities for himself and not just because of his daughters?

Some of the people close to Sarah do seem very loyal to her. Not the obvious hangers-on who were close to her only for themselves (*cough* John Bryan, Allan Starkie, Madame Vasso) but the people who have been staying loyal to Sarah even though they`re not getting anything out of it, like Andrew and the girls and apparently, her employees. And the people from Northern Moor who I`ve seen posting on Facebook that they wouldn`t answer any questions from reporters because they liked Sarah and didn`t want to say anything that could hurt her.

Edited to add: although I guess even loyal employees have their limits. I just saw this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ering-friend-spent-20-years-clearing-her.html

Knowing from personal experience seeking out and following good advice is way easier said than done. Having suffered with severe depression and been suicidal in the couple of years after my mother's death I couldn't find anyone to help me (including the supposed depression help line in this country who were no use whatsoever so whenever I see them begging for money in shopping centres I go and listen to their spiel and then give them a spray for the lies that they are telling people).

If I could have someone to give good advice at that time I would be a lot closer to healing now - but what has saved me is my own faith that God wants me to live until he says it is time to go but nothing else.

i can sympathize with you all the way bertie. i've battled depression for 30+ years...so i hope you're able to find some sort of peace :flowers:

my feeling is that sarah doesn't suffer from depression....but she just makes bad choices. i think she could find good advice very easily...her former husband for example probably wouldn't steer her wrong.

I guess Andrew could be taking care of Sarah because his daughters would resent him otherwise. But I think the fact that Sarah`s daughters do obviously love her is an indication that she has good qualities, so why might Andrew not love those qualities for himself and not just because of his daughters?

That's unconditional love that has no boundaries. There's no doubt that she has good qualities it's just that bad ones are so bad and they have to do with money. Strange that if she had a drug or alcohol issue she'd be able to garner some sympathy but this is different, money, something the vast majority of the world doesn't have, is this particular thing that one can screw up with only so often before people just roll their eyes and walk away.

Sarah had been filmed drunkenly touting ex-husband Prince Andrew’s Royal status for £500,000 to a reporter posing as a shady foreign businessman.

Strange, Fergie said she was drunk but has that ever been proven? Seems weird that the mail, obviously not her or her family's biggest fan, would go with the line.

I think she just needs to go on holiday, clear her mind, and then come up with a game plan, so to speak. She's done a lot of damage and it's time to recoup her losses. Dignity would help, and so would some humility.

This article (to me) says Ms. Waddington was the Duchess' adviser and needed to say she is the one who left to save face. Sarah, the Duchess of York is now advised by Prince Andrew and his advisers. Hopefully, Sarah will be able to live without getting hemmed in by Andrew's advice and break away and self destruct. If that would happen I don't know if the Prince would stay around.:ermm:

It`s interesting that Sarah has gone from the control of "the grey men" (the courtiers), to some bad advisors in the days of her separation, to more recently, a team of people that included a successful PR woman, but none of them have really been able to restrain her in the end. Andrew really is Sarah`s last resort. Out of everyone, he might just be the one person Sarah will listen to, but if she abuses his resources, even Andrew will have to withdraw his support. His money and office are provided by the Queen, so there are limits to what he can do.

But do you truly think that she will listen to him?

Last edited by a moderator:
She'll do so as long as sh has to. Once she's out of debt she'll start to bristle. That's why this time is important, because she needs to be taught self control.

I think she will listen to him, I'm sure she's grateful to have his support and help at the moment. In her own way I think she probably appreciates him more now than even when they were married.
Yeah it is time for her to begin some sort of fight back, hideing away isn't her usual style.

If Andrew joins her on holiday in Spain next month the press will have a real field day, although they mightn't want to break with their tradition even in the current situation. Maybe now is a time for family unity.

Perhaps Sarah should consider joining a religour order and becoming a nun

i totally agree that andrew is sarah best bet right now. i think she needs to disappear from the public eye for a while and get things sorted out.

She's lucky that andrew doen't seem to be in a serious relationship at the moment. If he was she wouldn't be able to rely on him as much.

What's important is that she's very sensible in how she goes about clearing her debt. Her commercial and business contracts must be very professional and impressive, even if it takes her a few year years to clear her debts.

She could make a lot of very quick, easy money doing things like "celebrity rehab" but it could cost her everything, including her relationship with Andrew and maybe even her closeness with their girls.

I know people are surprised she hasn't pushed Andrew too far this time. The other side is that they have known each other since they were children, been through all they have been through together, and done everything to keep their family together since their split.
He probably doen't want to tear his family apart at this stage, what they have is probably worth saving.
She was such a fool to put it all on the line.

She brought Dallas to the Palace, I sure she could bring a bit of it to the Convent rather effortlessly.

But do you truly think that she will listen to him?

I don't know. I think she will at first because she will have to, but I don't know if Sarah will listen to anyone for long. I think Sarah might really have to reach rock bottom financially, where no one is willing to give her "freebies", before she really does something about her overspending. I would never, ever write any one off as being unable to change, and I think Sarah can change her overspending ways, but unfortunately I think she still has a long way down to go before she changes. Right now she's probably in denial, waiting for the next "big one"--the big Weight Watchers-type-financial-deal, or the next financial saviour who can rescue her from all her problems. That seems to be how Sarah thinks.

I do think that if Sarah listens to anyone, it will be Andrew. I think she doesn't listen to a lot of people because she doesn't think they understand her, but she said in her autobiography that she promised to obey Andrew in her wedding vows because "to hear him was to hear my own soul." Maybe Andrew knows Sarah well enough to come up with some suggestions that she'll follow because they actually sound good to her.

On the other hand, this could end up with even Andrew telling Sarah he can't do any more to help her. If that ever happened, it could be the final wake-up-call Sarah needs.

She could make a lot of very quick, easy money doing things like "celebrity rehab" but it could cost her everything, including her relationship with Andrew and maybe even her closeness with their girls.

I know, and I think Sarah is looking for the quick easy money and always has been. It's not that she isn't willing to work so much as that she wants things to happen right away, and if she has to wait a while or see more gradual results, she goes looking for the next "big thing." As she has said so often, if she had been stronger and "stayed the course", she probably wouldn't have divorced Andrew, but the minute Andrew wasn't there to support her in her marriage, she panicked and decided to get out. Sarah is just too impulsive for her own good.

I don't know. I think she will at first because she will have to, but I don't know if Sarah will listen to anyone for long. .
Very astute observation rmay.:flowers: I get that impression as well. As long as Sarah is in trouble, she listens, when she is out of trouble or on her way out of trouble she tends to dump all the advice and not stick to the plan.

One thing Sarah will have learned over the past 2 months is exactly who her real, genuine, true friends are. From now on these are the only people she should trust and whose advice she should take on board.
Speaking of friends "Mr Fishfingers" seems to be off the scene, he is a long time in business and I would have assumed he could point her in the right direction.

You are right about friends, I don't think Mr. Fishfingers is a true one as he has swum away from the scandal. . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing Sarah will have learned over the past 2 months is exactly who her real, genuine, true friends are. From now on these are the only people she should trust and whose advice she should take on board.
Speaking of friends "Mr Fishfingers" seems to be off the scene, he is a long time in business and I would have assumed he could point her in the right direction.

I doubt that Branson could be called a true friend as much as a guy who knows how to play up to the RF. I'm not calling him a bad guy but it seems that he's more into staying within the royal picture than anything else.

She has no options IMO other than to lay low and ride it out and HOPE like the dickens she is REALLY LUCKY IMO that Andrew is happy to stand by her what a mess.

Exactly! The saying "Friends in need are friends indeed" has never been truer for Sarah. :flowers:

Perhaps Sarah should consider joining a religour order and becoming a nun

Best. Post. Ever.

Sarah should agree to whatever the BRF says in return for handling her finances point forward. Mainly that should include 1) shutting up and staying out of sight; 2) no more alcohol or drugs; 3) intensive psychiatric treatment.

That should be her job: obeying the rules. It would make a refreshing departure from her past.

Best. Post. Ever.

Sarah should agree to whatever the BRF says in return for handling her finances point forward. Mainly that should include 1) shutting up and staying out of sight; 2) no more alcohol or drugs; 3) intensive psychiatric treatment.

That should be her job: obeying the rules. It would make a refreshing departure from her past.

Second. Best. Post. Ever.

:flowers::flowers:

Fine you two! Just take up all the Best. Posts. Ever! Leave Russo with nothing. Well except the Merlot. . . . :wine:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom