Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Andrew and Sarah his ex wife are Lucy and Desi all over agin- She gets into troubles and he bails her out- that must be love - that is his redhead - that is her Cuban Doll[yes I know he is English-] does not appear like they will ever split-Babaloo..............
Sarah has the persuasive voice the radio announcer and broadcaster voice and she is a natural to interview as far as I can think of any other- no one comes to mind.

Her future is very uncertain, the quick and easy sources of money would do even more damage to her reputation. You just hope she's heard the wakeup call regarding her lifestyle, it simply has to change, otherwise God only knows where she might end up. With regards her current financial situation Andrew seems to have stepped in to take initial control, and that might give her some breathing space.
I still think speaking engagements will be lucarative for her, books and possibly films might help, but what she really needs is something to replace weightwatchers (a major, safe, regular source of income).

I would change that a little and say God knows exactly where Sarah is going to end up, and I think a lot of people are going to be quite surprised. :)

Sarah does need a steady source of income, but speaking engagements are out right now. She`s lost all credibility as an inspirational speaker...can you imagine her trying to talk about how she has turned her life around?

It`s just a little weird to me--it reminds me of how he supposedly was the last to know about Sarah`s affairs. Sometimes I wonder if it`s a case of, Andrew doesn`t know what he doesn`t want to know.

I truly believe, he's always known but has either lied or spun whenever he spoke of her financial situation in a positive light. Spinning because he hoped she was on her way out of trouble or lied because he knew she was screwed and simply didn't want to pile any more problems on her.

Sarah has lost her credibility no doubt about that and she is rash in the decisions she makes. Her friends were quoted in a Mail article that she has had financial and business advisors talking to her all along these years and she simply doesn't listen and does what she wants to do anyway. I don't claim that this is from a credible source since it mentions "friends", but that goes along with Sarah's personality. She has to accept she doesn't have a head for business and let people who know what they're doing advise her. I can say it because I have very little business experience and I rely on experts.
Shortly after Sarah appeared on Oprah, she wanted to go on Celebrity Rehab, but Andrew and the Royal Family, rightly, put their feet down on her wishes. Can you imagine? A former member of the BRF on a cheap and tawdry reality show?
She makes these decisions on the spur of the moment without a thought. One of these days she has to grow up and realize she's a 50 yr. woman not a celebrity. She should go back to publishing, she knows the book world and if Jackie Onassis did it so could Sarah.:)

Shortly after Sarah appeared on Oprah, she wanted to go on Celebrity Rehab, but Andrew and the Royal Family, rightly, put their feet down on her wishes. Can you imagine? A former member of the BRF on a cheap and tawdry reality show?

If the BRF want to control her then they have to support her fully. As they won't do that then they have no right to stop her doing anything she wants. They can stop her doing things with her daughters along but other than that they have no control - and even the threat of denying her access to her daughters has ended with them now both adults (young adults but both over 18).

Best. Post. Ever.

Sarah should agree to whatever the BRF says in return for handling her finances point forward. Mainly that should include 1) shutting up and staying out of sight; 2) no more alcohol or drugs; 3) intensive psychiatric treatment.

That should be her job: obeying the rules. It would make a refreshing departure from her past.
Intensive psychiatric Treatment ?with psychtropic drugs? aversion therapy- electroshock - oh get a grip- and going to the Antartactic just to make your day-and be out of sight-Most not going to happen post ever Lastly- to quote Hamlet- Get thee to a nunnery wouldst thou be a breeder of sinners?When are you going to suggest a lobotomy?It is too silly.

As usual and just one more time, Sarah is making Prince Andrew and the BRF look like fools. This is as good a time as any for the Royal Forums to take her off the 'Prince Andrew and family thread' and move her down with the Gloucesters and the Kents. She is no longer a royal, she was Prince Andrew's wife, not even a good wife, and just plays on it up to the max.

For heavens sake no one is suggesting that Sarah is an official member of the Royal Family, but like it or not she is and always will be part of Andrew's family, there is a difference. Andrew himself refers to, and regards the four of them a family. I can't think of another couple doing more to retain a family unit after separating, and that's definately good enough for me. You don't have to like Sarah one little bit to consider them a family. It's been reported more than once that Andrew's hasn't even had her name taken down from the door entering into his apartment at BP. Diana, Charles amd their boys were a separated family, but also still a
family.

What do you think Zonk, you run this particular show??

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual and just one more time, Sarah is making Prince Andrew and the BRF look like fools. This is as good a time as any for the Royal Forums to take her off the 'Prince Andrew and family thread' and move her down with the Gloucesters and the Kents. She is no longer a royal, she was Prince Andrew's wife, not even a good wife, and just plays on it up to the max.

But she is mother to Beatrice and Eugenie, which means she is part of the Duke of York's family. That's the way she will always stay in this part of the thread.
I don't honestly think she is making Andrew or the BRF look like fools, she is making herself look like a fool and embarrasing her daughters, IMO that's it.

That is true, Andrew bailing her out brings down heat on him but ultimately the embarrassment is hers and hers alone Few people feel sorry for her going as far as she did and as such she's the one getting hurt by this, also doesn't help jetsetting even if someone else is paying for it.

I haven't seen any articles are anything saying The Queen or Prince Andrew are now looking like fools, has anyone else?

Prince Andrew and Sarah his ex wife are Lucy and Desi all over agin- She gets into troubles and he bails her out- that must be love - that is his redhead - that is her Cuban Doll[yes I know he is English-] does not appear like they will ever split-Babaloo..............
Sarah has the persuasive voice the radio announcer and broadcaster voice and she is a natural to interview as far as I can think of any other- no one comes to mind.
Except Sarah is the run around as Desi was.
Except Lucy and Desi actually were a good team and worked together well. Excpet Lucy went on to have a successful career w/o Desi who went on to make appearances on SNL. . . .:whistling:

Intensive psychiatric Treatment ?with psychtropic drugs? aversion therapy- electroshock - oh get a grip- and going to the Antartactic just to make your day-and be out of sight-Most not going to happen post ever Lastly- to quote Hamlet- Get thee to a nunnery wouldst thou be a breeder of sinners?When are you going to suggest a lobotomy?It is too silly.
Actually those are excellent suggestions. And the Psychiatric treatment, IMO, should be a healthy dose of Bradshaw's "Healing the Shame that Binds you". Sarah will never go forward unless she confronts the uglies of the past, deals with them in a healthy manner and gets them behind her.

Actually those are excellent suggestions. And the Psychiatric treatment, IMO, should be a healthy dose of Bradshaw's "Healing the Shame that Binds you". Sarah will never go forward unless she confronts the uglies of the past, deals with them in a healthy manner and gets them behind her.
Russo, Sarah is loloubelle - I understand - but denial is just that.

Perhaps Sarah should consider joining a religour order and becoming a nun
I fully agree with you. I am not sure whether Sarah, Duchess of York, could lead an austere life of a nun, but the best thing for her would be to withdraw from the public life for her daughters' sake. Her behaviour was appalling. .

Russo, Sarah is loloubelle - I understand - but denial is just that.
I'm afraid I don't quite understand where you are coming from. Yes Sarah has "issues". Pretty major ones at that. But wonky/crazy/daft, I hardly think so.

I fully agree with you. I am not sure whether Sarah, Duchess of York, could lead an austere life of a nun, but the best thing for her would be to withdraw from the public life for her daughters' sake. Her behaviour was appalling. .

That idea though brings us back to how is she to support herself? She is 50 with no real work skills that don't involve selling herself in some way.

She could claim unemployment benefits I suppose and live in a council flat but that would be even more embarrassing for the granddaughters of the Queen.

She needs to do stuff publicly as that is the only way she can make a living or she needs Andrew and the RF to support her. Going away somewhere will only happen if she is able to have enough money to live on as the mother of the Queen's two granddaughters but the RF have no control over her as they don't support her.

:previous:I highly doubt she will "go away" though Russo would love to see her do so. Sarah loves the limelight and to socialize too much. I am rather at a loss of options.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand where you are coming from. Yes Sarah has "issues". Pretty major ones at that. But wonky/crazy/daft, I hardly think so.
I do not think that Sarah is crazy- the line between those being crazy and brilliant are sometimes close. But yet who do you know who is revotingly normal and without some issues?
Just part of the human dilemma.

That idea though brings us back to how is she to support herself? She is 50 with no real work skills that don't involve selling herself in some way.

She could claim unemployment benefits I suppose and live in a council flat but that would be even more embarrassing for the granddaughters of the Queen.

She needs to do stuff publicly as that is the only way she can make a living or she needs Andrew and the RF to support her. Going away somewhere will only happen if she is able to have enough money to live on as the mother of the Queen's two granddaughters but the RF have no control over her as they don't support her.
What are the standards of living for the mother of the two Queen's granddaughters? My guess would be an upper-class well-to-do life. Well ... she lost a good opportunity to do so by being careless and squandered all that respect for she has gained after the divorce. Given your post, I hope Prince Andrew could afford to buy a little farm, where his former wife could grow a garden and support herself, and give her a little allowance. Could she possibly go into voluntary exile anywhere? The bottom line is that she must withdraw from the public life, thereby sparing her family an ordeal of being embarrassed by tabloids.

She makes these decisions on the spur of the moment without a thought. One of these days she has to grow up and realize she's a 50 yr. woman not a celebrity. She should go back to publishing, she knows the book world and if Jackie Onassis did it so could Sarah.:)

I think that it is an insult to associate Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Sarah in any way. Maybe if Jackie were still alive she could teach Sarah how to act like a proper lady although at this point I think the opportunity for Sarah to act proper is a ship which sailed many many years ago. I think that for the sake of her daughters and any further embarassment to the Queen, Sarah just needs to live a simpler life more out of the public eye.

I think that it is an insult to associate Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Sarah in any way. Maybe if Jackie were still alive she could teach Sarah how to act like a proper lady although at this point I think the opportunity for Sarah to act proper is a ship which sailed many many years ago. I think that for the sake of her daughters and any further embarassment to the Queen, Sarah just needs to live a simpler life more out of the public eye.
Sarah is getting a beating as usual ......

If the BRF want to control her then they have to support her fully. As they won't do that then they have no right to stop her doing anything she wants. They can stop her doing things with her daughters along but other than that they have no control - and even the threat of denying her access to her daughters has ended with them now both adults (young adults but both over 18).

No, they don't have to support her fully. Considering the situation, most other people would've had charges pressed against them for the risk she put Andrew in and not just cause he's a royal, selling influence like that is a security risk in any business, not to mention a legal minefield. She's lucky they haven't cast her out completely. At this point she should be treated, ironically enough considering Andrew's previous comments, like a child. You will do as you're told and keep your nose clean and when we find it acceptable that you can do things on your own you will.

Impulse control is not something a fifty year old should have problems and if she wants freedom than let her take care of her debts on her own. She has to live by the rules stated as any other adult should, Andrew wants to take a helicopter to a golf course for a hundred mile trip? Well he can cause he has access to that kind of wasteful act but Fergie does not and she needs to learn it now.

No, they don't have to support her fully. Considering the situation, most other people would've had charges pressed against them for the risk she put Andrew in and not just cause he's a royal, selling influence like that is a security risk in any business, not to mention a legal minefield. She's lucky they haven't cast her out completely. At this point she should be treated, ironically enough considering Andrew's previous comments, like a child. You will do as you're told and keep your nose clean and when we find it acceptable that you can do things on your own you will.

Impulse control is not something a fifty year old should have problems and if she wants freedom than let her take care of her debts on her own. She has to live by the rules stated as any other adult should, Andrew wants to take a helicopter to a golf course for a hundred mile trip? Well he can cause he has access to that kind of wasteful act but Fergie does not and she needs to learn it now.

What she did is done legally by businessmen and women all over the world every day. She did nothing illegal at all. She was trying to sell her connections with someone - something done all the time - you give me xxx and I will introduce you to yyy is not illegal and that is all she did.

She could declare herself bankrupt and thus the debts are gone but that won't look good for the mother of the Queen's granddaughters who are two rather wealthy young ladies. She simply can't go away - she is the mother of two princesses. Forget her relationship to Andrew and let's remember that her daughters are Princesses and the Queen's granddaughters and considering William and Harry's chosen occupations with no legitimate issue at this point it is still possible that Beatrice could become Queen. The RF know this possibility even if people here seem to forget it.

[:previous:

Well in some countries it is ilegal, and very much so.
As to forgetting that Sarah is the mother of two HRHs as long as you are here to remind us we won´t forget.

I think that the ideal solution for Sarah would be to be a talk show hostess or have a programme where she could interview people or give talks. She is a natural communicator but I believe this would have to be in the US.

I hate to say it but I doubt a talk show with Sarah as host would last past the first season. Talk shows here come and go like night and day and those that last have the something special. I have seen her co-host The View and I've seen her on the Today Show and though she does ok I don't think her ratings would stand a chance to Oprah, Ellen, The View, Tyra, or Dr. Phil and if you can't compete with those programs then your out.

[:previous:

Well in some countries it is ilegal, and very much so.
As to forgetting that Sarah is the mother of two HRHs as long as you are here to remind us we won´t forget.

In which country is it illegal for a person to ask for payment to introduce someone to another person?

:previous:
Unfortunately for her I think you are right. Competing against those would be impossible for her. When I think about it, she would only be asked as a member of the royal family (which she is no longer) and that would be that.
I have watched all the people you have mentioned including Dr Oz and I must say you have hit the nail on the head. I suggested the US as IMHO she would have no interest as far as the British public is concerned. :flowers:

:previous:
Unfortunately for her I think you are right. Competing against those would be impossible for her. When I think about it, she would only be asked as a member of the royal family (which she is no longer) and that would be that.
I have watched all the people you have mentioned including Dr Oz and I must say you have hit the nail on the head. I suggested the US as IMHO she would have no interest as far as the British public is concerned. :flowers:

I don't understand how this post relates to the post above it, which is mine.

It's been reported that HandMade films (which had bought the rights to 6 of Sarah's children's books before they ran into financial trouble) has been sold. The now owners say that as far as they are aware they now own the rights to her books, and hope to meet Sarah in the near future with a view to working something out.
It's unlikely she will get the huge deal she originally had, but they do want to do something with the books.
I think it would be a big help, and something that shouldn't cause any trouble for her with her ex inlaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom