Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, and Sarah is used to having someone others take care of her and bail her out when necessary and will continue to do so. There was an item in The Sun ( I know, not the most exact source), in late Oct. that Sarah arrived in L.A. and rode in one luxury car and had her luggage hauled in another luxury vehicle behind, she just doesn't get it and never will. I just can't see this new "venture" on Oprah lasting at all and whatever she earns, she'll spend just as fast.
And make excuses about it. However, being an optimist I sincerely hope that she turns the corner. For the sake of HM. Really. And her children.

I genuinely believe that Sarah has played out her last "second" chance. And today's announcement of the wedding of William of Wales underscores that the baton has passed to the next generation: she's beyond the winsome creature who could charm her way out of her errors, decades past the Royal bride.

Quiet retirement on an adequate pension. Perhaps they'll even let her come to the wedding. Perhaps. If they lock up the liquor.

Since William gave Kate Diana's ring, I think he is very anxious to honour his mother. And even though Diana and Sarah weren't speaking at the end, they were good friends for years, and Sarah is also the mother of William's cousins who are fairly close to his age. I think he'll keep that in mind. I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah is invited to the wedding (and sits in the "friends" section...not with the family).

I think Sarah will be invited to the wedding.

It would be an act of extreme generosity to invite her to the wedding. I wouldn't make book on it.

Nor would I, NAPretender. Unfortunately, we may be in the minority.

Maybe Sarah can pull herself halfway out of the mud by perhaps penning a book on a royal wedding?
Just a thought. ;)

I can't imagine Sarah being invited to the wedding, after everything that has happened. I believe, also, that "the baton has passed to the next generation", and that, even if this latest scandal had not happened, we'd still not be seeing much of Sarah anymore. Maybe she'll get the occasional job, or there will be the occasional sighting of her coming out of a restaurant, but I do think this is the most we'll be seeing of her in the future.

I think some of you will be surprised (or maybe I will be). As has been said, William and Kate are the next generation. They don't necessarily feel the same way about Sarah as the senior members of the royal family do. (I don't imagine some of the senior members of the RF were keen on seeing Diana's ring again, but it was William's choice to give it to Kate.)

The point is that this is William and Kate's wedding, and within reason, they'll invite who they want to invite. How would William answer to his cousins if they asked whether their mother would be invited?

He'd say, "My wedding. My rules." Considering the feelings of most of the senior royals I believe she'd have to be on EXCELLENT behavior to be allowed. Not as an invitee but as a guess of either her daughter's or her ex.

It's not as simple as, "I'm your cousin so you have to do it."
It's "I'm your cousin, please do me this favor."

I don't know if Sarah will be invited. However, I can see her on one of the US networks as a Royal expert/commentator during the wedding. Oh joy.:bang: In fact, I'm sure we all we read or see her on tv with "advice" to Kate and bringing up her same stories about being in the Firm and being Royal.:whistling:

Snork. You have a way with words, m'dear. Yes - I can absolutely see Sarah doing that, in the same manner that Charles Spencer did the US TV commentary on the York wedding in 1986.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if Sarah will be invited. However, I can see her on one of the US networks as a Royal expert/commentator during the wedding. Oh joy.:bang: In fact, I'm sure we all we read or see her on tv with "advice" to Kate and bringing up her same stories about being in the Firm and being Royal.:whistling:
Something along the lines of Joan Rivers.
"Oh look! There's Autumn Philips! Autumn! Who are you wearing? The Emanuels? Simply SMASHING! There you go now. And Zara! Zara Darling! Simply good to see you! Who's dressing you? Dior? Does your mother know?"

:whistling:

:D

God that raspy voice has invaded my mind because of you.

Shouldn't a wedding be an occasion for generosity and reconciliation? Just asking.

Not particularly. A royal wedding has a degree of formality and protocol.
Sarah is no longer a member of the BRF, she is divorced, but as this wedding doesn´t seem to be the usual British royal wedding she may well be invited, besides Prince Philip has been very quiet lately.
I must say I would rather see her as a discreet guest than a commentator or advice giver.

That is a good point. Given Sarah's penchant for embarrassing behavior, it might be smarter to let her in so as to keep an eye on her. Still, it's quite horrible to think that someone can have you hijacked in such a manner.

William puts out an air of being his own man and you might think he'd put his foot down and tell her to stay out of it completely. It's one thing for Sarah to make Andy look like a fool, he seems to not mind egg on his face when it comes to her, but to screw up William's day, Sarah is asking for everyone to come out with guns blazing.

Doing anything to bring negative attention to this wedding will finish her , I've no doubt. The Queen, Phillip, Anne, Charles, William and a nation (regardless of their overall feelings toward the bride) excited for a moment that comes only once a generation or less, will wipe Sarah out.

At the time, I think that Charles Spencer had an ongoing work relationship with one of the US broadcast companies or had been working for one recently.
Snork. You have a way with words, m'dear. Yes - I can absolutely see Sarah doing that, in the same manner that Charles Spencer did the US TV commentary on the York wedding in 1986.
...and the credit cards.;)
Perhaps they'll even let her come to the wedding. Perhaps. If they lock up the liquor.

That is a good point. Given Sarah's penchant for embarrassing behavior, it might be smarter to let her in so as to keep an eye on her...
I really think it would be better for the RF if Sarah was at the wedding, rather than not invited.

Can you imagine the headlines if Sarah was not invited:

"Royals Snub Fergie (Again)"

"Despite the guest list for William and Kate's wedding having ballooned to 3,000, the Sun can reveal that Sarah, Duchess of York is not invited.

Prince Philip has apparently banned her...."

etc. etc. The story of how the royals mistreated Sarah yet again (first the measly divorce settlement and now this!) circulates America in the weeks running up to the wedding and is re-hashed for years to come.

On the other hand, if Sarah is invited, what's the worst that could happen? Granted, Sarah has a penchant for disaster, but I don't think even she could eclipse Kate on her big day. If Sarah is invited, she'll show up, the cameras will focus on her for a few seconds, and then all eyes will be on Catherine again. It's a win-win situation for Sarah and the royals: Sarah gets a chance to prove she can behave properly at a big royal event, and the royals get to look charitable and forgiving. I honestly don't think many people are going to think worse of the royal family for allowing Sarah to attend the wedding.

And the idea that the Queen/Prince Philip/Charles/Anne will "wipe Sarah out" if she ruins the wedding is a stretch. Sarah simply isn't close enough to William to ruin the wedding, IMO. She doesn't have any dirt to spill on him. The worst that will happen? If William and Kate are married in Westminster Abbey in 2011, it will be 25 years since Sarah married Andrew in the same abbey...and she will make the connections, over and over again. But we have heard all that before. ;)

I didn't mean dirt as much as do something embarrassing to draw bad press to herself and in turn the RF. Does it seem a stretch to think she won't get a talking to to keep laying low and to keep her mouth shut as the moment approaches? The less she says the better, she can be interesting but also cringe worthy as well. If a (legit) fee is involved, well......

They might want to wait to issue the invitation to Sarah until after her series "Finding Sarah" has debuted on Oprah. It probably won't air on British television, but I'm sure the DM will cover it.

Let's move on.

If and when Sarah receives an invitation to William and Kate's wedding it will be adressed. We have so many months of speculative discussion regarding an event that hasn't even been scheduled yet.

He'd say, "My wedding. My rules." Considering the feelings of most of the senior royals I believe she'd have to be on EXCELLENT behavior to be allowed. Not as an invitee but as a guess of either her daughter's or her ex.

It's not as simple as, "I'm your cousin so you have to do it."
It's "I'm your cousin, please do me this favor."

I can't imagine that question would come up. I can't imagine asking someone who they are going to invite to their own wedding, even if it's a relative of mine (and theirs). Who they invite is up to them, and not to be questioned, at least in my family it's that way.

I can't imagine that question would come up. I can't imagine asking someone who they are going to invite to their own wedding, even if it's a relative of mine (and theirs). Who they invite is up to them, and not to be questioned, at least in my family it's that way.
That is exactly the way it should be.

Also as an heir to an heir PW is more likely to have alot more flexablity over who he and Kate invite to their wedding. So if the couple want to invite Sarah I don't think, (I may be very wrong please correct me if I am), there's anything anyone part from the Queen can do to stop them. (Even then I'm not sure there is much the Queen can do to stop them having who they want at their wedding).

:previous:
Oh, yes she can. ;)

Hello,

I am new to this forum, i have been reading the post for a while and to me Sarah and Diana were the best royals. I have followed Sarah since she was married. My concern about William's wedding is this...was Sarah at Diana's funeral? I think she was shunned then. Please dont shun her now.

Welcome aboard. Yes Sarah was at Diana's funeral, I think the night before the funeral was the last time she stayed at Buckingham Palace.
William and Harry invited her a few years ago to a concert they organised to mark Diana's birthday but she declined, saying her presence would bring too much press attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom