Names and Godparents for Eugenie and Jack's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biri

Imperial Majesty
City
Warsaw
Country
Poland
Now as happy news is officially confirmed, we may start a new thread.

I see a Lizzy Sarah Nicola Brooksbank coming.

My prediction for names are:
Girl - Elizabeth Victoria with a 3rd name beginning with H from the Brooksbank family) to honour the queen, Eugenie's interest in Queen Victoria & one of her own middle names and then the third name to come from Jack's family but beginning with H to share initials with Eugenie.
Boy - Leopold Andrew Coke - Leopold was one of Victoria's sons, I think she may honour her father and Coke being a surname of their shared ancester
For the gender I predict this will be a girl

Last edited:
I am not good at the guessing name thing, but do hope they have a girl.

I expect that we'll see Elizabeth in there, but, like her older brother, as a middle name not as a first name.

I would love the name Cecilia after Lady Cecilia Bowes Lyons who was the mother of the Queen Mother.

I have a feeling this baby is a boy. However, given Eugenie's resemblance to the Queen Mother it would be a lovely tie-in to choose a name from her if it's a girl. Maybe a middle name of Angela. However, I really think it might be a fun twist to use Bowes as a middle name for a boy.

I have a feeling it's going to be a boy and they will call him Theo or Jasper and one of the middle names is going to be George (in honour of Jack's late father)
If it's a girl I can see them going for Clara or Sybil and Elizabeth as a middle name
I may also see them using a variation of the name Isabella (in honour of the Queen)

I have a feeling this baby is a boy. However, given Eugenie's resemblance to the Queen Mother it would be a lovely tie-in to choose a name from her if it's a girl. Maybe a middle name of Angela. However, I really think it might be a fun twist to use Bowes as a middle name for a boy.

Or Marguerite, nicknamed Daisy.

For a daughter the first name of Eleanor could be used.
Princess Eleanor of Woodstock (1318-1355) was the daughter of King Edward II and Queen Isabella of England.

I am also predicting a boy. Siblings usually have the same number of names, so I will say Theodore (Theo) George Andre. It’s the Portugese form of Andrew, with the bonus of Eugenie being able to give a nod to her father in a way that is a bit more subtle.

After the left-field choice of August, I wouldn’t rule out something like Valentine either.

For a girl I could see Celia somewhere; as well as being in the Bowes-Lyon family, it was Jack’s grandmother’s name. I could see Isabella being shortened to Izzy if used, it sounds like Lizzy as a sort of tribute to the Queen. Maybe Bethan.

I am not expecting anything informal like Lizzie.

Something formal and with family times. A name that goes with August.

August Philip Hawke-

August-one of Prince Albert's middle names
Philip- for the Duke of Edinburgh
Hawke- name of one of Jack's ancestors

My top picks for a girl:

Celia Elizabeth Margaret

Celia: Jack's paternal grandmother
Elizabeth: Eugenia's paternal grandmother
Margaret: Fergie's middle name

Helena Elizabeth Nicola

Helena: for Victoria's daughter
Elizabeth: queen
Nicola: Jack's mother

Alice Elizabeth Ivy
Alice: Victoria's daughter and Philip's mother
Elizabeth: the queen
Ivy: like Hawke, a name from Jack's family tree, also nod to their first home

Alice is actually my favorite name. I have always wanted to see it used as a first name. But with August, I am not sure they would use an A name again.

Boys (I have a feeling they may be having a second boy):

Leopold/Leo George Stamp

Leo: Victoria's son. I know Duke of Kent has grandson with name but far enough removed may see again.
George: Jack's late father
Stamp: Not only Jack's middle name but tradition in his family

Alfred George Thomas

Alfred: like Alice, not sure will do second A name. But son of Victoria
George: baby's late grandpa
Thomas: for Thomas Coke, Jack's brother's name but common ancestor

Frederick George Ronald

Frederick: name of one of Victoria's Uncles, also a name from Nicola's family
George: late grandpa
Ronald: Eugenie's maternal grandfather

I'd be shocked if we don't see George for Jack's late father.

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if we don't see George for Jack's late father.

Me too, that to me is also the tribute to the Queen if they have a second boy.

Now you’ve said it I think Ivy is the perfect third name for them if it’s a girl.

The Duke of Kent’s grandson is Leopold so perhaps they’ll go for Leo. A boy born in 2023 might well loathe the full version anyway.

I am predicting a boy and the first name will be either Ernest or Duncan - they are used as middle names for Queen Victoria sons. Would be wild if Harry or Meghan became a godparent (although I doubt it) ??

I am predicting a boy and the first name will be either Ernest or Duncan - they are used as middle names for Queen Victoria sons. Would be wild if Harry or Meghan became a godparent (although I doubt it) ??

Not out of the question. Eugenie is one of the only royals who haven't shunned them. She appeared in their Netflix series even.

The baby's baptism a private matter. She can choose who she wants.

Were identities of August's godparents revealed?

So, news of a Summer baby!
August Philip Hawke Brooksbank and ...

Paddington George Stamp Brooksbank
Ivor George Andrew Brooksbank
Montagu George Edward Brooksbank

Mary Nicola Helen Brooksbank
Susanna Beatrice Brooksbank
Stephanie Margaret Brooksbank

Godparents: two cousins and two friends.

I think the second baby will have same naming pattern as August:

August (from maternal great x5 grandfather) Philip (from maternal great grandfather) Hawke (from paternal great x5 grandfather)

The pattern is one name from close senior relative (pretty sure it'll be George if a boy and Elizabeth if a girl), and other two names from both sides for the families that are symmetric. Also to me it seems like if they chose name from a distant ancestor they preferred someone significant or with certain achievement (like P Albert and Hawke who was a Reverend and a JP), rather than just simply choose a "sound good" name.

Boy,

Ivor - from maternal great grandfather (a Brigadier)
George - from paternal grandfather
Godfrey - from paternal great grandfather (a Captain, fought in WWII)

Herbert - from maternal great x3 grandfather (a Lieutenant-Colonel, fought in WWI)
George - from paternal grandfather
Thomas - from paternal great x3 grandfather (2nd Earl of Leicester)

I think it's a boy BTW. :D

Girl,

Alice - from maternal great x2 grandmother
Elizabeth - from maternal great grandmother
Olive - from paternal great x2 grandmother

Celia - from paternal great grandmother
Victoria - from maternal great x5 grandmother (also Eugenie's own middle name)
Elizabeth - from maternal great grandmother

I think it’ll be a boy, but can’t think of any names. They really did surprise us with Augusts names.

Ernest Andreas Hawke - Prince Alberts Brother, Prince Phillips father & retaining the Brooksbank tradition.

Helena Elizabeth Nicola - Queen Victorias Daughter, HM The Queen, Jacks Mother

The issue with Nicola is that people will associate it with Nicola Sturgeon and claim that Eugenie is honoring her or supporting the break-up of the UK. It won't matter whether the name is explained to the public or not that is what the York haters will say and they are a very large percentage of the UK's population.

Yes I think to think the unexpected with names going forward!

Well, untitled children can have as unexpected names as their parents wish to give them.;)

Girl: Caroline Julia Nicola.
Boy: Paul William George.

Very excited to see which name they'll go for. I love that they dug into their family history for August's name. My gut tells me it's a little brother for August, and my name guesses would be:

Boy:
Casper George Coke
Montague George York

Girl:
Cecilia Elizabeth Sebright
Eliza Georgiana York

Coke and Sebright are last names of shared ancestors of Eugenie and Jack. They're both names I could envision them use like August's Hawke. But I have to say, my favourite is York. A family name on Jack's side and for very obvious reasons also holds significance for Eugenie. Seems like a perfect fit!

If August is indeed "named for" Prince Albert, using his middle name, I could vividly imagine them using Eliza to honour QEII. It's fresh and bright (like August) and isn't too similar to a cousin's name. And Eliza Brooksbank sounds delightful!

I don't think so; not if the child's grandmother is named Nicola.

Do you really think the York haters will even care about that? They will see a York making a political statement of some kind and run with it.

:previous: I'd be surprised if Eugenie and Jack care about a select few tossers. And neither should they. If they want to name their daughter after her grandmother, I think they'll happily do so.

My guesses:

If it's a boy:
Philip
Alexander
David

If it's a girl:
Adelaide
Alice
Emma

Back
Top Bottom