Names and Godparents for Eugenie and Jack's First child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THey are not going to use Albert. Its a very old fashioned name and not one that's likely to be revived.. except for a very old fashioned couple. Lord Nicholas WIndsors eldest son is Albert and I think known as Bertie but that's all that is likely

I have always through it odd that Albert has been used. Is it in anyone's middle names - not in Edward's and Charles. What about Lord Linley or Andrews.
Is it just that the name is old fashioned? I would think that given the Queen's and the Queen Mother's affection for their father/ husband. it is just odd. George was used instead - weird.

I guess a healthy baby born on the 2nd of February 2021.
Name guesses:

Mary Elizabeth Margaret
Susanna Beatrice Helena
Jane Alexandra Sarah

Andrew George Stamp
Henry George Andrew Stamp
Edward Christopher Philip

Godparent guesses:
Beatrice, Thomas Brooksbank, Peter Phillips, Sophie Windsor, friends

Last edited:
I have always through it odd that Albert has been used. Is it in anyone's middle names - not in Edward's and Charles. What about Lord Linley or Andrews.
Is it just that the name is old fashioned? I would think that given the Queen's and the Queen Mother's affection for their father/ husband. it is just odd. George was used instead - weird.

George was the Kings official name, so its not surprising that it was used. Albert - never seems to have taken as a Kings name.. Form the time that Edward VII chose to use his second name as his regnal name., Albert is occasionally used as a middle name, for David Snowdon, and One of Harry's names is ALbert...and Andrew is Andrew Albert.... but I can't really see any senior royal's child being given it. Im sure Eugenie and Jack will pick something more modern for their baby.

Eugenie’s IG post announcing her pregnancy featured baby booties with blue eyes and nose and mouth. Methinks this was a big hint.

I still think one of the Queen’s grandchildren will honor her or Philip with first name choice. Maybe it will be Eugenie.

Eugenie’s IG post announcing her pregnancy featured baby booties with blue eyes and nose and mouth. Methinks this was a big hint.

I still think one of the Queen’s grandchildren will honor her or Philip with first name choice. Maybe it will be Eugenie.

Possibly, but I dont think so. I suspect Philip doesn't really want his name used except as a second name. His name has not been used much....

Girl: Amanda Sarah Nicola
Boy: Paul Andrew George

Godparents: Princess Beatrice, Thomas Brooksbank, one of Eugenie's half-aunts or uncle Andrew, two friends.

THey are not going to use Albert. Its a very old fashioned name and not one that's likely to be revived.. except for a very old fashioned couple. Lord Nicholas WIndsors eldest son is Albert and I think known as Bertie but that's all that is likely

Albert's coming back into fashion now, like a lot of older names! Elsie, Edie, Maud ... they all come back eventually. They could go for "Albie", like Sharon in EastEnders ?. There's a baby Bertie in Coronation Street, come to that.

Maybe not ...

I would love to see the name Victoria used. It's astonishing that it's just faded out of the Royal Family. I know it's Eugenie's middle name, but it's just gone otherwise. There used to be a rumour that Prince Charles had "reserved" the name, but it seems unlikely - by the time Beatrice and Eugenie came along, never mind Louise, Charles and Diana weren't exactly likely to be producing any more children, so there was no reason any of the others couldn't have used the name.

I like the name Victoria too.

I also like the name David for a boy, but perhaps that is unlikely due to its association with the Duke of Windsor.

I also like the name David for a boy, but perhaps that is unlikely due to its association with the Duke of Windsor.

Harry has David as his fourth name.

David Brooksbank...It would sound nicely!

Albert's coming back into fashion now, like a lot of older names! Elsie, Edie, Maud ... they all come back eventually. They could go for "Albie", like Sharon in EastEnders ?. There's a baby Bertie in Coronation Street, come to that.

Maybe not ...

Ie.

If there are kids in Coronation Street or Eastenders called Albert, can't exaclty see them choosing the name.

I cannot see Jack and Eugenie picking the same old boring royal Names (William and Catherine didn't have much choice but even they went for rarer Royal names). I do not see them as choosing names like Archie or like Anne's grandchildren (not double ups anyway).

I can see them choosing names from the list the British upper class use, traditional and maybe rather unusual. So far I cannot make many predictions.

It is possible they could use Christopher Jack's middle name or Christian one of Andrew's names for a boy.

A girl could be Helena/Helen for Eugenie , Susan/Susanna after Sarah's mother, or Isabella Eleanor for something completely new and different but still very old Royal Queens of England. I will post new names as I think of possibilities.

Last edited:
I think they will choose names that have some personal or historical significance...not just a trendy name they like, such as Isla or Savannah.

I cannot see Jack and Eugenie picking the same old boring royal Names (William and Catherine didn't have much choice but even they went for rarer Royal names). I do not see them as choosing names like Archie or like Anne's grandchildren (not double ups anyway).

I can see them choosing names from the list the British upper class use, traditional and maybe rather unusual. So far I cannot make many predictions.

It is possible they could use Christopher Jack's middle name or Christian one of Andrew's names for a boy.

A girl could be Helena/Helen for Eugenie , Susan/Susanna after Sarah's mother, or Isabella Eleanor for something completely new and different but still very old Royal Queens of England. I will post new names as I think of possibilities.

Rarer royal names? Maybe in the case of Louis as they named him after a non-royal family member. But George and Charlotte? They certainly didn't branch out on those ones.

I don't see using Christopher at least as a first name. Eugenie's step-nephew's name is Christopher (even if he goes by Wolfie). I guess they could, but I think they may avoid using the same name for cousins (even if only by marriage cousins).

Rarer royal names? Maybe in the case of Louis as they named him after a non-royal family member. But George and Charlotte? They certainly didn't branch out on those ones. ).

True not totally rare, but George hadn't been used for a Royal Prince since George 1st Duke of Kent. While the Earl of St Andrews is George after his grandfather , he is almost 60 years old. The last Princess Charlotte I know of in the British Royal Family was the daughter of George IV. She died over 200 tears ago, so for me, these circumstances make the names rare.

True not totally rare, but George hadn't been used for a Royal Prince since George 1st Duke of Kent. While the Earl of St Andrews is George after his grandfather , he is almost 60 years old. The last Princess Charlotte I know of in the British Royal Family was the daughter of George IV. She died over 200 tears ago, so for me, these circumstances make the names rare.

George was in honor of the six king Georges before him, mainly the queen's father. Whether it has been used in recent years, hardly a 'rare'. Charlotte is as much as nod to her grandfather, as it is to the Princess of Wales before Victoria. Nothing rare, unexpected or such about choosing those.

Last edited:
I always think of the godparent role as a way to honor close friends with a formal role in a child's life, and would be surprised to see Beatrice as a godparent for that reason. She already has a prominent role in this baby's life as his or her aunt.

I only want to know 2 things:

Boy or Girl? People say the way she is carrying is a big indication of the sex?

Delivery date: What is early 2021, in pregnancy terms?

Godparents:

Princess Beatrice and the Duchess of Cambridge.

I wonder if the couple already know the sex of the baby?

Last edited:
I thought it has been speculated that it will be a February baby, in which case it might be born near Andrew's birthday. As for carrying being an indication of the baby's sex that generally is supposed to occur late in the pregnancy, eight or nine months on.

I've just always had a feeling since we heard the news that this baby will be a boy. And that the name may come from Jack's side of the family, though a middle name could well include Andrew. I too think that the first name will be traditional and upper class but not too out there. Perhaps Thomas or Christopher.

I thought it has been speculated that it will be a February baby, in which case it might be born near Andrew's birthday. As for carrying being an indication of the baby's sex that generally is supposed to occur late in the pregnancy, eight or nine months on.

I've just always had a feeling since we heard the news that this baby will be a boy. And that the name may come from Jack's side of the family, though a middle name could well include Andrew. I too think that the first name will be traditional and upper class but not too out there. Perhaps Thomas or Christopher.

I don't think they'll pick Christopher, given that that's Beatrice's stepson's name.

Jack's nephew's (his brother Thomas' son) name is Wilfred Stamp Ewing Brooksbank. He was born in 7th July this year. I think it's highly unlikely the Jack and Eugenie are naming their child Wilfred (if the baby is a boy). There is the possibility of Stamp as a middle name, given that it is Jack's paternal grandfather's first name. I'm not quite sure where Ewing stems from though.

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2020/07/nephew-for-jack-brooksbank-and-princess.html

P.s. Boris Johnson's son is also called Wilfred, named after Boris's paternal grandfather.

I see them employing some dynastic names for the baby.

Girl: Mary Susan Elizabeth
or Andrea Marian Jane

Boy: Albert Ivor Christian
or Douglas Stamp William

I don't see them getting trendy with names.

Last edited:
I hope Eugenie and Jack will have a sweet little boy. And if Andrew is one of his middle names why not he is the child's GRANDFATHER after all. He is not the only Andrew in the Royal Family.

I can't think of another Andrew... and Andrew wasn't even allowed to appear in Bea's wedding pix...

I can't think of another Andrew... and Andrew wasn't even allowed to appear in Bea's wedding pix...

There's always Prince Andrew of Greece, Prince Philip's father but I think he's the only one who had it as a first name in the more immediate family.

They can of course name the baby whatever they want but if they have a boy and want to honour his maternal grandfather, he does have several middle names that are less on the nose than Andrew.

There's always Prince Andrew of Greece, Prince Philip's father but I think he's the only one who had it as a first name in the more immediate family.

They can of course name the baby whatever they want but if they have a boy and want to honour his maternal grandfather, he does have several middle names that are less on the nose than Andrew.

Yes Andrew's called after him...but I think that its likely they might use one of A's other names

They can always called the child, Adrian or Andrea - if she wishes to honour her father.

I dont see them using a variation of Andrew. If they honor him I see them either going Andrew as a middle name, or one of his middle names, simply.

Really the only male variation of Andrew is Andreas/Andre (Adrian is totally unrelated). I don't see baby Andreas Brooksbank.

I hope Eugenie and Jack will have a sweet little boy. And if Andrew is one of his middle names why not he is the child's GRANDFATHER after all. He is not the only Andrew in the Royal Family.

He is in fact the only Andrew in the royal family. He was named after his Greek grandfather (a member of the Greek royal family not the BRF). The closest you get is Edward VIII who had it as a middle name as he had the names of all the patron saints of Great Britain as middle names.

We have one photo (other then the couple) of their wedding. Bea's mother and sister didnt appear in photos. His parents and siblings didnt appear in photos. Andrew wasnt 'forbidden from being in family photos'.

Last edited:
The first thing i think we can forget is any traditional royal names...

This generation is (rightfully) not bound by naming the children after the grandparents.....unless you are danish and has to be baptized Christian or Frederik ?

It is true that the naming of British children in general is no longer bound to tradition, but as was pointed out, this particular couple appears to be rather traditional, as do their close family members. (For instance it was their decision to be married using an older wedding service, rather than the service used for the majority of Church of England marriages over the last 20 years.) I would predict a traditional English name, and it would be nice if they would continue the "Stamp Brooksbank" family tradition from the father's side.

I think the most important thing is that this little boy or girl is HEALTHY. Everything else will fall into place. If they want to give the child the name Andrew or Andrea not a big deal. It is their child not anyone else's. They are the parents no one on this Forum is. I also know one of Charles"s sons has the name David. The Duke of Windsor had a great fall from Grace. No one said anything about it. And what about Jack? every little baby boy named Jack is said what named after Jack the R. really this is getting a bit too far. This young couple do not have to please anyone else but themself's and their Families. Maybe if they have to please everyone on this Forum they need to call him Hey You. As Godparent if boy William and Jack's brother and maybe a friend. If girl Kate and Beatrice and one of her friends.

Back
Top Bottom