The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2020, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
No, Celia is a different name to Cecilia. Celia comes from the Latin meaning Heaven and Cecilia means blind.
Julia is one of Q Alexandras names and is "upper class" but rather old fashioned I think..I think Julie has been used more and more....
Right and wrong about Cecilia/Celia.

As a stand alone name, yes they come from different roots. But Celia has been a common nickname for Cecilia for generations.

Alexandra is a wonderful example of how new names enter into a family tree when royals marry a foreigner. As I pointed out in my post, Julia indeed is found in the upper crust. But the current trend in those circles tend to either be for classical names (Eloise and Louis type names) or more trendy names like Isla (there are quite a few among the aristocratic kids now). Julia is neither classical (just a name out of vogue for a few decades) or trendy right now. But it might be a nice surprise to see.

Old 11-07-2020, 03:43 PM
Nobility

As far as I know there is already a Julia in the family: Princess Alexandra of Kent's daughter in law. I would love to see family names but not Elizabeth or John which I think are unlucky names in the House of Windsor.

Old 11-07-2020, 03:50 PM
Majesty

John Brooksbank...it would sound nice.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
As far as I know there is already a Julia in the family: Princess Alexandra of Kent's daughter in law. I would love to see family names but not Elizabeth or John which I think are unlucky names in the House of Windsor.
There are two Alexanders in the royal family: Alexander Windsor, Earl of Ulster (Prince Richard, The [2nd] Duke of Gloucester's son) and Alexander Ogilvy (James Ogilvy's son)

I don't know about the possibility of picking the same name, but Edward was popular
  • Edward VIII (1894–1972)
  • Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (b. 1964)
  • Prince Edward, (1st) Duke of Kent (b. 1935)
  • Edward Windsor, Baron Downpatrick (b. 1988)
Old 11-07-2020, 04:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
I don't understand why people try to influence them maybe the wrong word, as to what name they give to their child, by tweets or what ever. It is their child Eugenie and Jack are raising the little one, no one and I mean no one will pay for the child's upbringing schooling and what ever else their need is, sure not the Taxpayer. If they want to name the child after the Grandfather or Great grandfather or after the female side of the family it is their choice not anyone else's. One of my children has a French first name and a Greek middle name, I was told they need to be called what is popular or traditional in my husbands Country. We asked them if they are paying for this child until Adulthood? They became quiet vulgar. My or our responds was to tell them politely TMTOB. No more was said.
Who is trying to influence Jack and Eugenie to pick a specific name? I haven't read any reports on people pressuring them.

This topic is just us speculating what they might pick. I don't think anybody expects them to 'listen to us'. And I am sure they will pick names they like/having meaning to them and according to what is important to them (and that might include an understanding of the public's opinion on Eugenie's father)...

Nonetheless, I don't really understand what 'paying for a child's upbringing' has to do with the right to name the child. Isn't being the child's parents enough? I prefer a world in which money is not the determining factor...
Old 11-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Agree somebody. This is just a fun thread to vote and guess on what we think they may choose.

No one but the queen has any say in what they name this baby, besides the parents. And this far removed from the throne I doubt the queen would interfere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
John is considered unlucky true. Due to the deaths of the sons of George V and Edward VII. Though Edward's son was Alexander John, and Alexander has not been out of use for being unlucky.

Don't recall Elizabeth being seen as unlucky.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No one but the queen has any say in what they name this baby, besides the parents. And this far removed from the throne I doubt the queen would interfere.
And even in the case of the queen, she would have no legal right to interfere if the parents decided to ignore her opinion.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:13 AM
Commoner

Back to picking possible names,does any-one think Angela/Angelina is a possibility?Angela was one of the middle names of QEQM, and as far as I know, it has not been used in the RF.

Also, if Jack and Eugenie went with other family names, there are lots of lovely new names to bring in. Nicole/Nicola, Susan/Susanna, Celia/Cecily/Cecilia, Christina/Christine would all have special meaning for a little girl. i am still treing tp think of names for a little boy.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:01 AM
Majesty

I doubt if Eugenie is going to go back to her grandmother's middle names... She will problaby have a fashionable name as a first name and if its a girl Eliz will be in there somewhere, and mabye a name from Jacks side of the family....
Old 11-13-2020, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

I think there will be some "family names" in there as well as Deville says a high chance of a fashionable upper class names which are often twists on old fashioned or classical names e.g Wilfred for Jack's nephew.

I don't necessarily think we're going to see Sarah Elizabeth Nicole or Phillip Andrew George, even though I'm sure one of those sorts of names will make it in at least. But even the Cambridges got a (tiny) bit more inventive than that, as did Eugenie's own names.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I think there will be some "family names" in there as well as Deville says a high chance of a fashionable upper class names which are often twists on old fashioned or classical names e.g Wilfred for Jack's nephew.

I don't necessarily think we're going to see Sarah Elizabeth Nicole or Phillip Andrew George, even though I'm sure one of those sorts of names will make it in at least. But even the Cambridges got a (tiny) bit more inventive than that, as did Eugenie's own names.
no probably for a girl it would be "fashionable name, Elizabeth Margaret" which is Sarah's second name...
Old 12-07-2020, 06:47 AM
Commoner

I have come up with some names for a little boy. Only possible first names.
Simon
Patrick
Adrian

I do like trying to guess royal baby names. It is harmless fun in the midst of covid, and who knows, I might just guess the right name. Buckley's chance of course.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Yes I like Patrick, so how about Patrick Michael or Matthew Philip Stamp Brooksbank.? I am sure wrong in this oh well.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Harry as godfather - they are particularly close as cousins
Freddie or Sophie Windsor - Eugenie is godmother to their eldest girl

But I also doubt we will ever hear the godparents or see pictures of the christening

Old 12-08-2020, 06:29 AM
Serene Highness

I forgot to add Zenouska Mowatt (daughter of Marina Ogilvy and granddaughter of Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Lady Ogilvy) as a possible godparent for Baby Brooksbank. Zenouska and Eugenie were born few months apart, attended the same "school"/pre-school and remained close (Zenouska attended Eugenie's wedding). They are also third cousins through George V and third cousins-once-remove of George I of Greece and Denmark.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Harry as godfather - they are particularly close as cousins
Freddie or Sophie Windsor - Eugenie is godmother to their eldest girl

But I also doubt we will ever hear the godparents or see pictures of the christening
I think at least one christening picture will be released and I wouldn't be surprised either if we get to know who the godparents are.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Is it possible that newspapers will publish the birth registration, as they did for the Cambridge children and Archie, or is there too little interest?
Old 12-11-2020, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Beatrice and Eugenie seem to be happily doing things quite traditionally so I expect we will hear the birth and godparents news without much fuss but announced with pride and joy.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:14 AM
Commoner

More possible name suggestions. I think Eugenie and Jack will be a little more traditional than Zara and Mike.

Eleanor
Isabella
Julia for a girl, and for a boy

Paul,
Stephen
Edmund
Old 12-29-2020, 10:16 PM
Courtier

A last guess:

Fergus Andrew Stamp
Felicity Helen Mary

Tags