Names and Godparents for Eugenie and Jack's First child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They might use George as a middle name but I doubt it.

Albert Philip Stamp. Therefore they would have one of Andrew's name included into the Mix and also honoring the Queen's father as his original name was Albert.

Will the christening take place at Royal Lodge? It's more private that way....

George is more traditional and already is the name of a direct heir to the throne. Something like Christopher Michael Philip would be OK.

I really hope they don't use family names, but give the baby a nice name, all his own.

I think they’ll go for something “modern posh” for a first name like Hugo, Theo, Leo, Hugh, or Oscar, and maybe more traditional or family names for middle names (I would love to see Philip as a middle name since the Duke of Edinburgh is turning 100 this year).

I am making a final prediction for the baby's name. Stephen Phillip. Stephen means crown, and Phillip means lover of horses. a very appropriate name for a member of the Royal Family.

I am making a final prediction for the baby's name. Stephen Phillip. Stephen means crown, and Phillip means lover of horses. a very appropriate name for a member of the Royal Family.

Are the Yorks lovers of horses? I know Andrew rides occasionally at Windsor but when was the last time Eugenie or Jack was pictured on horseback? Or for that matter Fergie, Beatrice or Edo?

George is more traditional and already is the name of a direct heir to the throne. Something like Christopher Michael Philip would be OK.

Considering Beatrice's stepson is Christopher I highly doubt they would use it.

Both George and Andrew have Edward as a middle name so could use it.

I would love

Philip Edward Stamp

But I suspect we will see a more popular first name

Leo Philip Stamp

Oliver Andrew George

I dont think that Philip really likes his name being used a lot, possibly they mihgt use it as a second or third name...

Considering no Current British Royal little Boy or bigger boy has Phillip has a first name there is probably a reason. Anyway, why would her sisters step son who in all a honesty Eugenie has no deep connection or relationship with stop her if she desires to the name? The fact it’s one of her husbands names is the important thing.

My guess is Albert, and they could shorten this to Bertie or Albie.

I dunno. Bertie Brooksbank sounds sounds like he should be hanging out with Bertie Wooster :) what about Alfred and call him Freddy for short?

I have decided on George Phillip Charles. Honors both granddad's(George and Charles)and great granddad(Phillip).

I have decided on George Phillip Charles. Honors both granddad's(George and Charles)and great granddad(Phillip).
George appears to be the name of Jack's father, but Eugenie's father is Andrew.. so Im not sure who Charles is honouring. Philip might be put in this year because of P's 100th birthday, but IMO he's never been keen on his name being used a lot with his grandchildren...
and I doubt if they're going to use George as a first name, when there is a cousin P George of Cambridge close in age...

I would go for Alexander Philip

Last edited:

Charles is not the grandfather of this baby. He is the great-uncle. Andrew is grandpa.

If Charles was the Grandfather someone would have some Real explaining to do!

How about Christian -- it's one of Andrew's names. Christian Philip George???

Considering no Current British Royal little Boy or bigger boy has Phillip has a first name there is probably a reason. Anyway, why would her sisters step son who in all a honesty Eugenie has no deep connection or relationship with stop her if she desires to the name? The fact it’s one of her husbands names is the important thing.

Beatrice and Eugenie are very close, the whole York clan are. They lock downed together at Royal Lodge at one point. To suggest Eugenie is not going to have any real contact with Wolfie seems way out there. He isn't some distant kin she may see on the balcony every few years. He is the son of her brother in law, who shares full custody of him. Now if Christopher was an old family name, they may over look Wolfie's real name, but its not. Jack and Stamp are both old family names, and ways to honor Jack without naming cousins the same.

Would you think Pippa would name baby 2 George or Charlotte?

There hasn't been that many boys. Two of Philip's four grandsons have Philip. Peter (Peter Philip Philipps) and Harry (his brother already had it) are no shock they didnt have it. As for great-grandkids, there has only been 3 boys so far. The Cambridges have stuck with very cookie cutter Hanoverian names. Perhaps Harry and Meghan just didn't like it.

They could go really out there and use York. Edward York Brooksbank was the father of Captain Stamp Brooksbank (Jack's grandfather). Could be a nod to both their families. But I doubt we will see them go that route.

York Andrew George Brooksbank :D

Okay as unlikely as Stamp being the first name IMO. But worth a smile.

I never said no real contact. I said deep Relationship or connection. Of course Eugenie will see the her Sisters step son often but she will have her own kid to be concerned with . Christopher is a respectable lovely name and one of the names of her child’s father and that’s what matters.

Pippa can name her child wants ever she wants as well.

Beatrice and Eugenie are very close, the whole York clan are. They lock downed together at Royal Lodge at one point. To suggest Eugenie is not going to have any real contact with Wolfie seems way out there. He isn't some distant kin she may see on the balcony every few years. He is the son of her brother in law, who shares full custody of him. Now if Christopher was an old family name, they may over look Wolfie's real name, but its not. Jack and Stamp are both old family names, and ways to honor Jack without naming cousins the same.

Would you think Pippa would name baby 2 George or Charlotte?

There hasn't been that many boys. Two of Philip's four grandsons have Philip. Peter (Peter Philip Philipps) and Harry (his brother already had it) are no shock they didnt have it. As for great-grandkids, there has only been 3 boys so far. The Cambridges have stuck with very cookie cutter Hanoverian names. Perhaps Harry and Meghan just didn't like it.

They could go really out there and use York. Edward York Brooksbank was the father of Captain Stamp Brooksbank (Jack's grandfather). Could be a nod to both their families. But I doubt we will see them go that route.

York Andrew George Brooksbank :D

Okay as unlikely as Stamp being the first name IMO. But worth a smile.

Slightly OT, but Peter’s name is actually Peter Mark Andrew. Having a middle name of Philip would probably be a little too much with the last name of Phillips.

Now if Christopher was an old family name, they may over look Wolfie's real name, but its not. Jack and Stamp are both old family names, and ways to honor Jack without naming cousins the same.

While not an "old" family name, Christopher is the name of Jack Brooksbank's maternal uncle Christopher Newton as well as a maternal great-uncle Christopher Holland.

Christopher Holland was killed during World War II. His sister Joanna (Holland) Newton, Jack's grandmother, wrote about him on this website:

http://www.lancaster-lm658.co.uk/la...-lieutenant-christopher-holland/#.YCS6rHlMHb0

Slightly OT, but Peter’s name is actually Peter Mark Andrew. Having a middle name of Philip would probably be a little too much with the last name of Phillips.

That was the point I was making :ermm:

What I wrote was that Philip has four grandsons, 2 who have his name and 2 who don't. William and James do. Harry and Peter don't. I was pointing out the obvious reason Philip wasn't used for the other two. Mainly Peter Philip Philipps is redundant if not bizarre sounding at best. And since William already had Philip, there was no need for Harry to.

And James has Philip among his names (James Alexander Philip Theo).

Well I can find the article online if anyone is really interested. It was on SmartNews on my phone. But the gist is that they took a survey and the majority said they'd name the baby Phillip. I guessed a girl named Victoria so we'll see if they are closer than I was.

Back
Top Bottom