Names and Godparents for Eugenie and Jack's First child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there will be some "family names" in there as well as Deville says a high chance of a fashionable upper class names which are often twists on old fashioned or classical names e.g Wilfred for Jack's nephew.

I don't necessarily think we're going to see Sarah Elizabeth Nicole or Phillip Andrew George, even though I'm sure one of those sorts of names will make it in at least. But even the Cambridges got a (tiny) bit more inventive than that, as did Eugenie's own names.

no probably for a girl it would be "fashionable name, Elizabeth Margaret" which is Sarah's second name...

I have come up with some names for a little boy. Only possible first names.
Simon
Patrick
Adrian

I do like trying to guess royal baby names. It is harmless fun in the midst of covid, and who knows, I might just guess the right name. Buckley's chance of course.

Yes I like Patrick, so how about Patrick Michael or Matthew Philip Stamp Brooksbank.? I am sure wrong in this oh well.

Harry as godfather - they are particularly close as cousins
Freddie or Sophie Windsor - Eugenie is godmother to their eldest girl

But I also doubt we will ever hear the godparents or see pictures of the christening

I forgot to add Zenouska Mowatt (daughter of Marina Ogilvy and granddaughter of Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Lady Ogilvy) as a possible godparent for Baby Brooksbank. Zenouska and Eugenie were born few months apart, attended the same "school"/pre-school and remained close (Zenouska attended Eugenie's wedding). They are also third cousins through George V and third cousins-once-remove of George I of Greece and Denmark.

Last edited:
Harry as godfather - they are particularly close as cousins
Freddie or Sophie Windsor - Eugenie is godmother to their eldest girl

But I also doubt we will ever hear the godparents or see pictures of the christening

I think at least one christening picture will be released and I wouldn't be surprised either if we get to know who the godparents are.

Is it possible that newspapers will publish the birth registration, as they did for the Cambridge children and Archie, or is there too little interest?

Beatrice and Eugenie seem to be happily doing things quite traditionally so I expect we will hear the birth and godparents news without much fuss but announced with pride and joy.

More possible name suggestions. I think Eugenie and Jack will be a little more traditional than Zara and Mike.

Eleanor
Isabella
Julia for a girl, and for a boy

Paul,
Stephen
Edmund

I wonder if John will ever come back into fashion?

This is a lovely ballad about a JOHN HENRY.

My last two bobs worth after going through the list of most popular British names. Surprised I liked more boys than girls names.

Noah, Lucas, Kaden, Leo, Aidan
Grace, Lilly, Kaia, Lydia.

I must say, baby Brookbanks sure is taking his or her sweet time to get here. One day when we are not thinking about it, he she makes it's appearance. I wish them the best for their future.

Arthur always comes up in Royal lists for boys. Pippa's son is Arthur, so I just can't see it. And if they name a son Henry the media will start chorusing that he was named for Harry, as a signal of support, or something.

Alice was the name of a daughter of Queen Victoria so Fergie would probably be all for it, but would Eugenie go for a name associated with 19th century royals, like herself and Beatrice, thereby cementing a York family trend?

Victoria's daughter Alice had a granddaughter also named Alice and that second Alice is Eugenie's great-grandmother - being Philip's mother. This is more than just a name associated with a daughter of Queen Victoria but a direct family name and a way to honour Philip.

Yes of course, but Alice came originally into the BRF in the 1840s as a result of Queen Victoria remembering Lord Melbourne's fondness for the name. A sprinkling of Alices among Queen V's grandchildren and greatgrandchildren was the result.

We will have to see if Eugenie calls a daughter Alice. Perhaps she will, as it has been a quite popular name among the aristocracy for ages. However, it would still follow the continuation of 19th century Royal names among the Yorks, if she does.

Last edited:
Just because Queen Victoria's daughter was the first Alice, in no means would suggest that being the reason they chose the name.

Its not like Eugenie would say 'Yes it would be nice to honor grandpa's mother, but I really just can't allow the name to follow the York tradition'.

Its like suggesting if she named a son Philip, that be must be named after the husband of Mary I as he was the first Philip in the royal family. Or that George was chosen as an honor to George I and not to the queen's father.

I agree though I don't see Arthur. Arthur and Alice are always brought up for royal babies as top picks.

I must say, baby Brookbanks sure is taking his or her sweet time to get here. One day when we are not thinking about it, he she makes it's appearance. I wish them the best for their future.

Is the baby though? All we were told was the baby was coming early in the year. That could easily be any time in February. Honestly any time before spring hits in March. We could have a wait on our hands.

Last edited:
Well, as an Alice, I wouldn't mind! ;)

I can actually see it as quite a likely choice for Eugenie and Jack, if they follow their mother's pattern of wanting to use Victorian names.

I read on this Forum, according to Hello Magazine Pss Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksbank the baby's due date is mid February. Looking forward to the birth of the little one.

I read on this Forum, according to Hello Magazine Pss Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksbank the baby's due date is mid February. Looking forward to the birth of the little one.

In that same article it stated that the Brooksbanks were living at Frogmore Cottage, whereas I thought they had moved in briefly and moved right back out again. Does anyone know where they actually are living and plan to continue living once they are a family of three?

I very much like Alice so I wouldn't be at all upset by that but I also really love Eugenie's middle name of Helena so that would be lovely, too.

Perhaps Helena Alice Elizabeth? Or Amelia Elizabeth Helena?

I really don't have any idea at all what they might choose for a boy, though I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Philip in there and perhaps Nicholas since Jack's mother's name is Nicola? Maybe George since his father is George? Perhaps using one of Andrew's middle names such as Christian?

Maybe something along the lines of Christian Nicholas Philip? Or Nicholas George Christian?

Guesses for a boy so far:

Somebody: Nicholas Edward Thomas

Principessa: Thomas George Philip Andrew

Hereditary Princess: Thomas Philip George OR Albert Edward Louis OR Henry Ronald William

Blog Real: Richard William Philip Andrew

Princess Eleanor: Alexander Philip George OR Nicholas Philip George OR Arthur Philip George OR Albert Philip George OR John Philip George

Countessmeout: Philip George Christian OR Hugh Albert Stamp OR Philip Michael Ronald OR John Philip Edward OR Nicholas Edward Thomas

crm 2317: Jasper

Real Countess: Maximilian (Max) Andrew Philip OR Patrick Michael OR Matthew Philip Stamp

Princess B: Philip Christopher David OR James Edward Anthony OR Daniel Nicholas Peter

acdc1: Oliver OR Leo OR Theo (first name); and Thomas AND/OR George AND/OR Edward AND/OR Philip AND/OR Andrew (middle name)

RJC: Alexander OR Nicholas OR Christopher

Lilyflo: Albert

W.Y.CII: Nicholas OR Arthur OR Julian (first name); and Edward AND/OR Thomas AND/OR Jan

King of the Jungle: Andrew George Stamp OR Henry George Andrew Stamp OR Edward Christopher Philip OR Fergus Andrew Stamp

Biri: Paul Andrew George

Mirabel: David

Carin: Christopher OR Christian OR Simon OR Patrick OR Adrian OR Paul OR Stephen OR Edmund

Curryong: Leo

Leopoldine: Albert Ivor Christian OR Douglas Stamp William

Claire: Adrian

RJC: Noah OR Lucas OR Kaden OR Leo OR Aidan

Heather: Christian Nicholas Philip OR Nicholas George Christian

Last edited:
So we know its a boy now, my guess is they will go with “normal” names. Not 3 or 4 names.

I would not be surprised to see Andrew and or Phillip in the mix.

Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice and then a few close friends as godparents.

LaRae

Michael Philip Edward.

Michael Philip John

Ronald (after Fergie's father).

So we know its a boy now, my guess is they will go with “normal” names. Not 3 or 4 names.

I would not be surprised to see Andrew and or Phillip in the mix.

Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice and then a few close friends as godparents.

LaRae

A lot of the Brooksbank family, including Jack and his little nephew have three names then Brooksbank. I suspect "Stamp" will be in there somewhere and two other names.

A lot of the Brooksbank family, including Jack and his little nephew have three names then Brooksbank. I suspect "Stamp" will be in there somewhere and two other names.

That is indeed very likely... as it seems the main 'Brooksbank' name. Sticking with my previous suggestion for first name I wouldn't be surprised to see a
Nicholas Stamp Philip Brooksbank.

Or if they'd like to put the Duke of Edinburgh front and center:
Philip Edward Stamp
(would 'Phil' as a nickname work for the British upper-class?)

Last edited:
Andrew will almost certainly be in there somewhere. I say Christopher Andrew George. I would suppose George Andrew after both Grandfathers but that’s not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom