The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 02-14-2021, 02:37 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
A wild guess but possible Nicholas Brooksbank in honour of Jack's mother?
Nicholas is also a family name. The current baronet is Edward Nicholas Brooksbank but he goes by Nicholas.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 02-14-2021, 02:47 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Aren't there a substantial number of males ahead of Jack in the line of succession to the Brooksbank baronetcy?
Depends on what you consider 'substantial'. Jack is probably 6th, 7th or 8th in line (so higher up than Eugenie is to the throne but I think we can agree it is highly unlikely that she will be queen one day) - however, given that the baronetcy is only passed on in male-line, I would say the chance that Jack will be a baronet is small but the chance that baby Brooksbank will be the baronet is a lot higher - nobody needs to die for that to happen. There is no confirmation that either of Jack's cousins higher up in line have children. So, baby Brooksbank might be the highest up in his generation!

If these three cousins don't have children or only daughters, baby Brooksbank would be the baronet of his generation. Given that Jack's first cousins are already in their early forties and his second cousin, the heir-apparent, is 38 and according to The Peerage neither of them have children; it isn't that unlikely to happen (note: of course it could be that one or more of them do have sons but no information is available to confirm that).

See line of succession to the Baronetcy (based on information available on wikipedia & The Peerage - but could be incomplete) included in the overview below:

Male line descendants of the 1st baronet - N.B. numbers refer to real spot in family order (colors indicate generation):
Sir Edward Clitherow Brooksbank, 1st Bt (1858-1943)
1. Stamp Brooksbank (1887-1915; KIA)
2. Edward York Brooksbank (1888-1935)

2.2. Edward William Brooksbank, 2nd Bt. (1915 - 1983)
2.2.1. Sir Edward Nicholas Brooksbank, 3rd Bt (b. 1944)

2.2.1.1. Florian Thomas Charles Brooksbrank (b. 1982) - HEIR APPARENT (LoS 1)*
2.3. Benjamin John Brooksbank (b. 27 Sep 1918) (LoS 2; if still alive at age 102)
2.4. Stamp Godfrey Brooksbank (1922 - 2017)

2.4.1. David William Brooksbank (b. 1946) (LoS 3)
2.4.1.1. Scott Brooksbank (b. 1976) (LoS 4)**
2.4.1.2. Charles Brooksbank (b. 1979) (LoS 5)

2.4.2. George Edward Hugh Brooksbank (b. 1949) (LoS 6)
2.4.2.1. Jack Brooksbank (b. 1986; son of 5) (LoS 7)
2.4.2.1.1. Baby Brooksbank (b. 2021; son of 6) (LoS 8)
2.4.2.2. Thomas Brooksbank (b. 1988; son of 5) (LoS 9)
2.4.2.2.1. Wilfred Brooksbank (b. 2020; son of 8) (LoS 10)
4. Hugh Godfrey Brooksbank (1893-1914)

* The heir apparent got engaged over 6 years ago, so it's quite likely that he is married an might have children... However, I didn't find any information on a wedding nor children.
** He might have a son 'William Emile Brooksbank (b. 2009)'; if the Scott in this birth announcement is Jack's cousin - in that case baby Brooksbank would be the second of his generation... but about 12 years younger, so he still might be a future baronet depending on whether this William Emile would have any sons...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 02-14-2021, 03:29 PM
Duchess_Watcher's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 225
Hope we get a name soon!
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 02-14-2021, 07:51 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Depends on what you consider 'substantial'. Jack is probably 6th, 7th or 8th in line (so higher up than Eugenie is to the throne but I think we can agree it is highly unlikely that she will be queen one day) - however, given that the baronetcy is only passed on in male-line, I would say the chance that Jack will be a baronet is small but the chance that baby Brooksbank will be the baronet is a lot higher - nobody needs to die for that to happen. There is no confirmation that either of Jack's cousins higher up in line have children. So, baby Brooksbank might be the highest up in his generation!

If these three cousins don't have children or only daughters, baby Brooksbank would be the baronet of his generation. Given that Jack's first cousins are already in their early forties and his second cousin, the heir-apparent, is 38 and according to The Peerage neither of them have children; it isn't that unlikely to happen (note: of course it could be that one or more of them do have sons but no information is available to confirm that).

See line of succession to the Baronetcy (based on information available on wikipedia & The Peerage - but could be incomplete) included in the overview below:

Male line descendants of the 1st baronet - N.B. numbers refer to real spot in family order (colors indicate generation):
Sir Edward Clitherow Brooksbank, 1st Bt (1858-1943)
1. Stamp Brooksbank (1887-1915; KIA)
2. Edward York Brooksbank (1888-1935)

2.2. Edward William Brooksbank, 2nd Bt. (1915 - 1983)
2.2.1. Sir Edward Nicholas Brooksbank, 3rd Bt (b. 1944)

2.2.1.1. Florian Thomas Charles Brooksbrank (b. 1982) - HEIR APPARENT (LoS 1)*
2.3. Benjamin John Brooksbank (b. 27 Sep 1918) (LoS 2; if still alive at age 102)
2.4. Stamp Godfrey Brooksbank (1922 - 2017)

2.4.1. David William Brooksbank (b. 1946) (LoS 3)
2.4.1.1. Scott Brooksbank (b. 1976) (LoS 4)**
2.4.1.2. Charles Brooksbank (b. 1979) (LoS 5)

2.4.2. George Edward Hugh Brooksbank (b. 1949) (LoS 6)
2.4.2.1. Jack Brooksbank (b. 1986; son of 5) (LoS 7)
2.4.2.1.1. Baby Brooksbank (b. 2021; son of 6) (LoS 8)
2.4.2.2. Thomas Brooksbank (b. 1988; son of 5) (LoS 9)
2.4.2.2.1. Wilfred Brooksbank (b. 2020; son of 8) (LoS 10)
4. Hugh Godfrey Brooksbank (1893-1914)

* The heir apparent got engaged over 6 years ago, so it's quite likely that he is married an might have children... However, I didn't find any information on a wedding nor children.
** He might have a son 'William Emile Brooksbank (b. 2009)'; if the Scott in this birth announcement is Jack's cousin - in that case baby Brooksbank would be the second of his generation... but about 12 years younger, so he still might be a future baronet depending on whether this William Emile would have any sons...
Update: I found a funeral notice from Tiffany-Rose's father; and it looks like Tom and her had 2 sons by August 2019: Oliver & Nicholas

Quote:
Funeral Notices – Monday 26th August – What's On Invers
https://whatsoninvers.nz/funeral-not...ay-26th-august
8/26/2019 · Loved Father, Grandfather & Great Grandfather of Judith(Jude)Lawson (Clyde), Christian Rebecca & Louis Lawson (Dorking UK) Sophia Anthony Max & Leo Franklin(Villard St Pancrace France), Tiffany-Rose Tom Oliver& Nicholas Brooksbank (Singapore), Annabelle Linton Breigh Finn Liam & Charlotte Stanley (Invercargill).
So, if I include both of them and the William previously found, it would look like this:

Male line descendants of the 1st baronet - N.B. numbers refer to real spot in family order (colors indicate generation):
Sir Edward Clitherow Brooksbank, 1st Bt (1858-1943)
1. Stamp Brooksbank (1887-1915; KIA)
2. Edward York Brooksbank (1888-1935)

2.2. Edward William Brooksbank, 2nd Bt. (1915 - 1983)
2.2.1. Sir Edward Nicholas Brooksbank, 3rd Bt (b. 1944)

2.2.1.1. Florian Thomas Charles Brooksbrank (b. 1982) - HEIR APPARENT (LoS 1)*
2.2.1.1.1. Oliver Brooksbank (LoS 2)
2.2.1.1.2. Nicholas Brooksbank (LoS 3)

2.3. Benjamin John Brooksbank (b. 27 Sep 1918) (LoS 4; if still alive at age 102)
2.4. Stamp Godfrey Brooksbank (1922 - 2017)

2.4.1. David William Brooksbank (b. 1946) (LoS 5)
2.4.1.1. Scott Brooksbank (b. 1976) (LoS 6)**
2.4.1.1.1. William Emile Brooksbank (2009) (LoS 7)
2.4.1.2. Charles Brooksbank (b. 1979) (LoS 8)

2.4.2. George Edward Hugh Brooksbank (b. 1949) (LoS 9)
2.4.2.1. Jack Brooksbank (b. 1986; son of 5) (LoS 10)
2.4.2.1.1. Baby Brooksbank (b. 2021; son of 6) (LoS 11)
2.4.2.2. Thomas Brooksbank (b. 1988; son of 12) (LoS 12)
2.4.2.2.1. Wilfred Brooksbank (b. 2020; son of 8) (LoS 13)
4. Hugh Godfrey Brooksbank (1893-1914)

So, Baby Brooksbank might both be 11th in the line of succession to the Baronetcy as well as to the throne
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 02-16-2021, 04:05 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 9,638
The little one has just turned a week and we still don't know his name.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 02-16-2021, 06:02 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,792
How long do the parents have until they must register his name?
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 02-16-2021, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 3,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
How long do the parents have until they must register his name?
Iluvbertie's answer was accurate. https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2370878
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 02-16-2021, 07:48 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
42 days is really excessive in my view; but of course that is colored by the 3 workdays that is allowed in the Netherlands.

So, given that the birth took place on Monday morning, the latest Jack would have been allowed to register the birth would be Thursday (day of birth itself doesn't count).

I read that in Belgium it's 15 days and in Denmark 14 days (but allows 6 months for deciding on a surname); in Norway the limit is one month, while Sweden allows 3 months for registration of the name. So, rather different practices...
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 02-16-2021, 09:22 AM
W.Y.CII's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: 。, Hong Kong
Posts: 864
Here in HK it's 42 days too, but I realize it probably was copied from the British law during colonial period and has been used ever since.

It has been only 7 days yet seems a long wait. Hopefully we won't have to wait for 42 days.
__________________
Bad money drives out good.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 02-16-2021, 09:37 AM
QueenMathilde's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 824
Not that I think they'll name it anything really odd but I know in some countries the government won't let you name them certain things. Is that true in England?
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 02-16-2021, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Not that I think they'll name it anything really odd but I know in some countries the government won't let you name them certain things. Is that true in England?

QueenMathilde-This is what I could find and I hope it answers your question. While it applies to change of name on a legal document, I expect that it is also used for registering births.


https://www.gov.uk/government/public...hange-of-names


Quote:
  • numbers or symbols
  • punctuation marks other than hyphens or apostrophes
  • too many characters in forenames/surname to fit onto the face of the document
  • language which may cause outrage or offence or are deliberately or inadvertently likely to offend sectors of the community
  • wording that promotes criminal activities
  • a trademarked name, or is subject to copyright, except where the applicant produces written permission from the owner
Here's an article on the topic.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6939112.stm


Quote:
A New Zealand couple blocked from naming their baby 4Real have instead settled on Superman. So what are the rules on naming children in the UK?

Apple, Brooklyn, Zowie, Fifi Trixibelle... celebrity offspring have often ended up with more colourful entries on their birth certificates than us mere mortals.

But British parents hoping to bestow elaborate, unusual or just plain bizarre names to their children may find it easier than those in other countries.

The UK's rules on baby names are among the most liberal in the world. A spokesman for the General Register Office says there are no restrictions on parents - except for exceptional cases, such as a name which could be deemed offensive, when an official could refuse to register it. He refused to divulge if there had been any such cases.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 02-16-2021, 03:16 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,017
The baby has to be registered by or on day 42. However it is possible to register a baby without a name - the law requires the birth to be registered, not a name to be registered.

If the baby isn't registered at that time there is a fine - which Philip had to pay when he registered Prince Edward as the Queen and Philip took more than 42 days to come up with an agreed name.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 02-16-2021, 03:57 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma, United States
Posts: 639
Grandma Sarah's happiness about the baby boy should have spilled over, maybe should have given a little hint. She is silent, so we wait.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 02-16-2021, 04:08 PM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 1,002
The little boy is only a week old. We will find out his name in due course. I doubt we will have to wait 42 days!

I honestly believe they already have the name, but in light of Prince Harry's and Meghan's announcement about their pregnancy, they are waiting until that hype is over. Eugenie and Harry seem very close and probably have spoken about the respective announcements.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 02-16-2021, 06:31 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 6,601
Jack and Princess Eugenie's son will have an unusual middle name.
http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/princ...120300017.html
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 02-16-2021, 06:42 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
The little one has just turned a week and we still don't know his name.
I think Grandpa Andrew might have a special birthday wish on Friday which may include the baby's name.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 02-16-2021, 06:50 PM
QueenMathilde's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Jack and Princess Eugenie's son will have an unusual middle name.
http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/princ...120300017.html



Hmm. I kind of like Stamp it's different. Just so long as it's a middle name.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 02-16-2021, 07:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 690
I think we will know the Baby's name after registration in 42 days. Eugenie and Jack probably need more time to bond with their baby.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 02-16-2021, 09:47 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Jack and Princess Eugenie's son will have an unusual middle name.
http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/princ...120300017.html
Leave it to Yahoo to use attention grabbing fake headlines

While they may actually stumble on the truth, its a MAY have the middle name. Yes its Jack's middle name and his nephew's. Stands to be seen if he uses it.


Quote:
Hmm. I kind of like Stamp it's different. Just so long as it's a middle name
Used to be common enough, tradition, to use a woman's maiden name as a middle name for a son. See it both in the UK and parts of the US (a number of US presidents (James Knox Polk, Knox for his mother's family is just the start).

Original Stamp was heir to his maternal grandfather's fortune so they gave him his last name as a first name. Jack's grandfather also had it as a first name.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 02-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Leave it to Yahoo to use attention grabbing fake headlines

While they may actually stumble on the truth, its a MAY have the middle name. Yes its Jack's middle name and his nephew's. Stands to be seen if he uses it.




Used to be common enough, tradition, to use a woman's maiden name as a middle name for a son. See it both in the UK and parts of the US (a number of US presidents (James Knox Polk, Knox for his mother's family is just the start).

Original Stamp was heir to his maternal grandfather's fortune so they gave him his last name as a first name. Jack's grandfather also had it as a first name.
True. Also, Robert Hunter Biden (Hunter for his mother's maiden name).
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baby names, jack brooksbank, princess eugenie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child principessa Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 165 02-26-2014 07:03 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes american anastasia 2020 baby names biography bridal gown britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr dna duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry king willem-alexander list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen louise resusci anne royal balls royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart thailand thai royal family united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×