The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2021, 10:49 AM
Commoner

I'm going to go for Alice Elizabeth Mapelli Mozzi.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:03 PM
Commoner

I love the name Alice and Victoria.

I believe that Elizabeth will be in her name somewhere.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I bet the girl's name will be: Victoria Elizabeth Sarah Mapelli Mozzi.
I hope you're right!
That's a lovely name.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:32 PM
Aristocracy

Anticipated a girl and think the name might be Alessandra Victoria Elizabeth
Old 09-20-2021, 04:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori138 View Post
Anticipated a girl and think the name might be Alessandra Victoria Elizabeth
This would be lovely.

Alice would be an interesting choice as the English and Italian pronunciation is quite different. Edoardo has a sister named Natalia Alice but I don't know if they are close. His mother is named Nicola so maybe they will work that into the name.

I'm thinking a form of Sarah like maybe Sarai somewhere in the name.

I have no guesses on godparents but I'm curious if Edoardo is Catholic or Protestant.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately, I suspect that if the daughter is given an Italian name the misleading "Italian noble tycoon" characterization in gossip magazines will continue for another generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
I have no guesses on godparents but I'm curious if Edoardo is Catholic or Protestant.
Edoardo is an Anglican and his divorced parents were married in the Church of England.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...olic-royal-spt
Old 09-20-2021, 07:13 PM
Majesty

I feel Beatrice is conservative , so I expect a traditional British upper-class name with a royal connection, but probably a nod to Edo’s Italian heritage too.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Alice Eugenie Elizabeth Mapelli Mozzi
Old 09-20-2021, 09:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
My overtired brain is going to take a stab at this. I'm thinking the name will be some form of Sarah's mother's name, Susan with perhaps a Italian twist.
Maybe Susanna as Susan in Italian is Susanna? To follow her big brother lead, an girl's "animal" name like her brother has "Woolf" and is called Wolfie. There's an Italian girl's name I like. Aviana. "Common in Italian, French, Portuguese, and Arabic, this name means “like a bird.” So that could mean she's up before dawn to catch the worm, or that she wants to fly from the treetops."

So that's my scatterbrain guess. I would *not* ever put any money on these names. You're sure to be disappointed. Come to think of it, it's one too many names ending with "a" in a row. Hmmmm... will rethink this.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
My overtired brain is going to take a stab at this. I'm thinking the name will be some form of Sarah's mother's name, Susan with perhaps a Italian twist.
Maybe Susanna as Susan in Italian is Susanna? To follow her big brother lead, an girl's "animal" name like her brother has "Woolf" and is called Wolfie. There's an Italian girl's name I like. Aviana. "Common in Italian, French, Portuguese, and Arabic, this name means “like a bird.” So that could mean she's up before dawn to catch the worm, or that she wants to fly from the treetops."

So that's my scatterbrain guess. I would *not* ever put any money on these names. You're sure to be disappointed. Come to think of it, it's one too many names ending with "a" in a row. Hmmmm... will rethink this.
Or, to stick with English-language words... Wren, Lark, Robin...
Old 09-20-2021, 11:07 PM
Royal Highness

If His Son didn’t receive name with any Italian influence I doubt the baby girl will either and they don’t seem fanciful type about naming IMO. I would guess Elizabeth and or Sarah will be included if anything
Old 09-20-2021, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

I think if the baby girl gets an Italian name, it will probably be directly taken from her father's Italian ancestor, rather than an Italian version of her British/non Italian ancestor's name (I like the name Alessandra and Elisabetta though).
Old 09-21-2021, 01:14 AM
Nobility

My grandniece is named Susanna, they called her Sus for awhile then switched to Suzie.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:52 AM
Commoner

I am sure Elizabeth will be in there, and I’m thinking Celia or Cecelia too for Philip (as a nod to his sister.)

Nicole perhaps (after Edo’s mother.)

The difficulty with trying to read likely names from Wolfie’s is that we don’t know (to my knowledge) what Edo picked and what was his mother’s choice. Maybe some parents do genuinely like the same names but it’s often a compromise.

Somebody’s a traditionalist I suppose as having the first name Christopher but going by Wolfie is similar in a way to Harry’s first name being Henry.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meee View Post
I am sure Elizabeth will be in there, and I’m thinking Celia or Cecelia too for Philip (as a nod to his sister.)

The difficulty with trying to read likely names from Wolfie’s is that we don’t know (to my knowledge) what Edo picked and what was his mother’s choice. Maybe some parents do genuinely like the same names but it’s often a compromise.

Somebody’s a traditionalist I suppose as having the first name Christopher but going by Wolfie is similar in a way to Harry’s first name being Henry.

What is the connection between Christopher and Wolfie? I thought it the anglicized version of Wolfgang, or the anglicized version of Guelfo in Italian (better known as Welf in German).
Old 09-21-2021, 03:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThistleDoNicely View Post
I'm going to go for Alice Elizabeth Mapelli Mozzi.

It sounds better in Italian: Donna Alicia Elisabetta Mapelli Mozzi.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Christopher is for Christopher Shale, Edo's stepfather who he was very close to. IIRC the press claimed Woolf came from a book or a play (not Virginia Woolf I don't think).

I would definitely guess something traditional and family based, although maybe with a twist.

Alice is also his sister Natalia's middle name for what that's worth to the betting pool.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I agree Cecilia/any variants would be a possible choice, but not because of Philip's sister (a bit too far IMO). It's actually a name used by ancestors from both side (QM's mother, as well as one of Edo's Italian ancestor from the Mapelli family).
Old 09-21-2021, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Donna Andrea Mapelli Mozzi ?
Old 09-21-2021, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Donna Andrea Mapelli Mozzi ?
Andrea is a male name, Italian equivalent of Andrew (Andrea Casiraghi)