Names and godparents for Beatrice and Edo's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biri

Imperial Majesty
City
Warsaw
Country
Poland
Now with happy news just announced, we can start a new thread:

Girl - Marina Philippa Susan
Boy - Ronald Philipp Alexander

Godparents: Princess Eugenie & Alby Shale.

Last edited:
I think Elizabeth is almost certain to be a middle name, and maybe Sarah. For a first name something modern but not too out there. I’d like to think Philip for a boy but Eugenie got there first in a way. I like the name Alexander, which would go with Edo’s surname.

No idea about godparents except perhaps Eugenie and Jack.

I am going to predict a girl for Beatrice.

As Wolfie and Bea both have animal themed nicknames I was thinking they could go with something like:
Girl: Kitty Elizabeth Nicola
Boy: Leopold (Leo) Edoardo Philip

Girl - Amelia Elizabeth
Boy - Alexander (Alex) Philip David

For godparents, I'm thinking of
Earl of Wessex (Appeared to be close to the York Princesses)
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor (Appeared to be close to the York Princesses and will be aged 18 in this year's November)
Charles Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley or Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones (Their father, now 2nd Earl of Snowdon is Beatrice's godfather)
Peter Phillips, Zara Tindall, Duke of Cambridge or Duke of Sussex (Beatrice's paternal cousins)
Relatives in the Mapelli Mozzi family (unfortunately I do not know much about)
Relatives in the Ferguson family (ditto)​

For names, I think Beatrice might go down a traditional route even more so than Eugenie. I would not be surprised if Victoria, Elizabeth, Mary, Alexandra, Alexandrina (Queen Victoria's first name at birth), Sarah, Nicola (Edo's mother's name), Alice, Philip, Andrew, Albert, Edward, George or Alexander are considered for middle names.

Last edited:
I agree that I can see Bea being way more traditional. My guess Victor/Victoria is at the top of the list.

Would Victoria be on the cards for a daughter of Beatrice?

Girl: Elizabeth Sarah Nicola
Boy: Philip Andrew Alexander

Godparents: Princess Eugenie, Natalia Alice Yeomans, Ellie Goulding, Jonathan Agnew

Would Victoria be on the cards for a daughter of Beatrice?
Possibly. There hasn't been a Victoria for a LONG time in the RF, I think they got sick of it, in QV's day...
I woudn't say Victor is likely though.

I have a feeling is going to be a girl and so far I got the four Royal babies of this year right so we'll see if I'll get the fifth too.
So: godparents: Eugenie for sure and Edo's sibilings but I can also see Lady Louise (they seem close and she is turning 18 in November)
Names: I have zero idea on what could be their style
With Wolfe he used a traditional first name (in honour of his Stepdad) and a more modern middle that is used as a main so maybe the will do the same (expecially with Philip's passing so close to the birth)
Little personal note: I'm from the province in Italy Edo's family is from and our patron saint is Sant'Alessandro (Saint Alexander) so I would die for a little Alexander/Alexandra (which would also be a tribute to Edo's father and Alexander is also a name of the Greek royals and a Mountbatten name)

I would love to see the name Victoria come back into the Royal Family, and Beatrice does seem very interested in Queen Victoria ... but, although the name was very popular in the 1970s and 1980s, it seems to be out of fashion at the moment.

Sweet news for Beatrice and Edoardo.

Victoria Mary Nicola Mapelli Mozzi
Alice Elizabeth Mapelli Mozzi
Margaux Susanna Mapelli Mozzi

Albert Edward Philip Mapelli Mozzi
Alessandro Edward Philip Mapelli Mossi
Edward Alexander Mapelli Mozzi

I'm guessing a girl born 23rd October.
Four godparents including Lady Louise, Prince William and two friends.

I would love to see the name Victoria come back into the Royal Family, and Beatrice does seem very interested in Queen Victoria ... but, although the name was very popular in the 1970s and 1980s, it seems to be out of fashion at the moment.

Yes, but perhaps it's about time to make a comeback?
Names seem to go in cycles, and I think Victoria would be a lovely name for a girl.

I think it will be a girl, and I hope she is called Victoria. Beatrice's affinity with Queen Victoria is well known. And she even resembles young Victoria

I am almost 100% certain that Eugenie will be a godparent....it's so wonderful that little August will have a cousin so close in age as a playmate!;)

If a girl, Sarah as a first or middle name. Susan as a name in honor of the child's maternal great grandmother.

Girls:
Victoria Elizabeth Nicola
Victoria Sarah Elizabeth
Elizabeth Sarah Nicola
Alice Victoria Elizabeth

Boys:
Alexander Philip Nicholas
Alexander Fillipo Andrea

I wonder whether Eugenie or Andrew will be a choice for their baby’s name?

I hope they will have a boy so August will have a childhood buddy, at the same time I hope they will have a girl so Wolfie will have a little sister :D, random thoughts:

Boy:
- Robert Philip Abraham
- Anton Leopold Marco
- Victor Albert Alessandro
- Arthur Claude Emerson

Girl:
- Adelaide Susan Maria
- Cecilia Mary Angela
- Maud Felicita Elizabeth
- Eleanor Margaret Sophia

But maybe they will pick two name only like the baby's half brother.

Boy: Philip, David, Alexander
Girl: Elisabeth, Amelia, Mary

But maybe they will pick two name only like the baby's half brother.

I think the baby will have three names like his mom, maternal auntie and cousin
August.

As others I think Beatrice might really be the one to finally bring back Victoria as a first name & I would love that. I think it's a very pretty & strong name :flowers:

Victoria Elizabeth + a third name for one of Edo's grandmothers (I couldn't find those online)

Beatrice strikes me as someone who would definitely choose a traditional first name.
Alternative guesses:
Amelia, Sophia or Caroline for a girl
I think Elizabeth as a second name is a given, I mean she even wore the Queen's dress for her wedding :flowers:

Boy names:
Albert Philip + an Italian Mapelli Mozzi family name
Alexander Philip
Alfred Philip
Leopold (Leo) Philip

Lady Louise & Prince William for godparents! ?

For some reason it feels very much like this little one is a girl.

As for her name....
Victoria Elizabeth Mary
Alexandra Elizabeth Victoria
Victoria Elizabeth Helena

As for her godparents....
I really, really hope that Lady Louise will be selected. She seems close to the York girls and it's been lovely to watch her begin to come into her own within the family as she nears adulthood. It seems likely that she may be asked and I really hope that she is. I think it's likely that Eugenie or Jack along with Edo's brother will be asked. Bea is also, I believe, quite good friends with Holly Branson and Ellie Goulding. So perhaps something along the lines of Lady Louise, Holly Branson, Edo's brother, and Jack?

I think it will be a girl, and I hope she is called Victoria. Beatrice's affinity with Queen Victoria is well known. And she even resembles young Victoria

Victoria or Victor would be a lovely tribute indeed to Princess Beatrice's interest in Victorian history and design.

It would also be fitting if she selected a name from the children of the last Princess Beatrice, daughter of Queen Victoria: Alexander, Victoria Eugénie (commonly called Ena), Leopold, or Maurice.

Victoria Elizabeth + a third name for one of Edo's grandmothers (I couldn't find those online)

Apparently they were named Susan and Gigliola, while his grandfathers were named Robert and Gian Paolo.

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2021/05/princess-beatrice-and-edoardo-mapelli.html

Last edited:
Let's expand a bit (while sticking to my earlier idea of 'Victoria' (probably called 'Vicky' in daily life)).

Names already in the (wider) family:
Beatrice: Beatrice Elizabeth Mary
Edo: Edoardo Alessandro
Wolfie: Christopher Woolf

Grandparents (with their parents)
Andrew: Andrew Albert Christian Edward (Philip & Elizabeth Alexandra Mary)
Sarah: Sarah Margaret (Ronald & Susan)
Alex: Alessandro (Gian Paolo & Gigliola)
Nikki: Nicola Diana (Susan Arnot & Robert David)

Siblings:
Eugenie: Eugenie Victoria Helena (with child: August Philip Hawke)
Natalia: Natalia Alice
Alby: Albemarle Christopher

My guesses (in doubt about 2 or 3 names)
Daughter: Victoria Alexandra ('Vicky')
--> Alexandra is both in reference to the queen and Edo's father (and himself)

Son: Fergus Albert
--> Had a really hard time coming up with an acceptable first name for a boy until I found this list of true upper class names: and Fergus stood out in connection to the name 'Ferguson' (not very likely but it would be a bold choice).
--> Albert in reference to Beatrice's great-grandfather AND queen Victoria's husband (and grandfather Andrew ALBERT ...)

EDIT: Name of Albemarle into Alby (thanks to TM).

Last edited:
For a boy I LOVE the Italian "Alessandro" or maybe "Christian"...one of Andrew's names.

For a boy I LOVE the Italian "Alessandro" or maybe "Christian"...one of Andrew's names.

I also considered Christian but thought it might be too close to 'Christopher'.

I am not sure about Edo's closeness to his father; while I also suggested Alexandra (as a tribute to the queen), that is the reason I doubted them picking Alexander or Alessandro for a son. It seems rather telling that Wolfie's first name is 'Christopher' - the name of Edo's stepfather.

Back
Top Bottom