The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2018, 10:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure about the reduction of family anymore ...I have noticed in the last year it seems like we have seen the York girls more at BRF engagements officially (a state dinner included)...makes me wonder if they aren't going to be part of the working family.

LaRae

Old 08-19-2018, 10:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm not sure about the reduction of family anymore ...I have noticed in the last year it seems like we have seen the York girls more at BRF engagements officially (a state dinner included)...makes me wonder if they aren't going to be part of the working family.

LaRae
While I agree with you about seeing them more which I enjoy, I don't think its because they are becoming part of the working Firm. Rather, it seems like they are stepping more into the role of the Michael's of Kent, who are obviously not working royals but attend the events where the "Family' aspect of the BRF is needed. B and E already attend the smaller events such as BP receptions, garden parties and such but will start to go to more official things as we have seen, like state banquets and services of more national caliber (Remembrance Day). Their names have also it seems been added to events where a royal attends each year ( National Scout Service, Big Curry Lunch)

Old 08-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice did the Scout Service this year but ... it was NOT an official engagement for her. When Sophie or Kate does it it is in the CC but not when Beatrice does it.

Other than the CHOGM events and the garden parties the only event that isn't on the 'normal' set of engagements for the girls was Beatrice getting a mention for the fashion show she attended with Kate and Sophie and it was a solo entry in the CC.

Other than that one event anything else she, or Eugenie, has done this year has been unofficial - as in past years. So far their names have appeared in the CC 7 times each which is more than normal but only because of CHOGM.

It will be interesting to see if either of them attend the State Visit from the Netherlands later this year. I would suspect not.

I have not been told about either of them attending the Big Curry Lunch. If you have a link I would love to see it so I can add it to the 'unofficial engagements'.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I have not been told about either of them attending the Big Curry Lunch. If you have a link I would love to see it so I can add it to the 'unofficial engagements'.
Of course, here you go. https://www.instagram.com/p/BhcpH4JA...rincesseugenie
Old 08-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks - I have it as a 'reception' not as a 'lunch' which is why I didn't recognise the event.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

I guess time will tell...prior to last year I was pretty convinced they would not be working royals at all .just out for the family events. Now I'm not sure. It will be interesting to see what happens after Eugenie marries.

LaRae
Old 10-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Nobody expected a televised wedding, but we now know it will be televised. Although the odds are still close to zero, I hope we will be also surprised with a title for Jack on the wedding day !
Old 10-09-2018, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

If Jack receives a title, what is the least amount of time the news can be announced before the wedding?
Old 10-09-2018, 08:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
If Jack receives a title, what is the least amount of time the news can be announced before the wedding?
The day of the wedding, like what was done for Harry.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:58 PM
Royal Highness

If Jack gets a title will he go to work for the Firm and give up his job at Casamigos? If not it's not fair. Women who marry into the BRF have to give up their careers when they take titles.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really can't think of any reason whatsoever why Jack would be given a title upon marriage. I sincerely believe that Eugenie will be HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Brooksbank after the wedding.

Perhaps in time, though, if there is a good reason for it, Jack may be knighted and elevated to Sir Jack Brooksbank. Depends on the monarch at the time.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is no way they will be giving Jack a title. The last Princess whose husband was given a title was Princess Margaret. Alexandra's husband wasn't and she is the granddaughter of a monarch - same as Eugenie. Princess Anne has had two husbands - neither of whom were given titles. Why would Eugenie's husband get what hasn't been done now for well over half a century??
Old 10-09-2018, 09:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
If Jack gets a title will he go to work for the Firm and give up his job at Casamigos? If not it's not fair. Women who marry into the BRF have to give up their careers when they take titles.

No. This isn’t really like being compared with like (and isn’t exactly accurate).

Women who have married British princes have entered into the royal family. Women who have married British princes who themselves are working royals (or are expected to be working royals) have been expected to become working royals (ie Diana, Sarah, Camilla, Kate, and Meghan); women who have married British princes who are not working royals and are not expected to be working royals, were themselves not expected to become working royals (Princess Michael). Sophie actually started as the latter, but as her husband’s career failed and her career caused controversy because of her being a royal, both she and Edward ended up becoming working royals.

Men who have married British princesses have not become royals themselves (the exception being the DoE, who married the heir), and thus have not had any expectation of being working royals. Instead, they’ve continued their careers regardless of whether or not they received titles.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There is no way they will be giving Jack a title. The last Princess whose husband was given a title was Princess Margaret. Alexandra's husband wasn't and she is the granddaughter of a monarch - same as Eugenie. Princess Anne has had two husbands - neither of whom were given titles. Why would Eugenie's husband get what hasn't been done now for well over half a century??
Angus Ogilvy and Mark Phillips were actually offered titles, but they declined them. Timothy Laurence is actually the only example of a royal husband who apparently was not offered a title, but his case is somewhat different from the previous ones as it was the second marriage of a divorced princess. I don’t think we can say for sure that there is a precedent for not offering peerages to royal husbands.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Both Alexandra and Anne are working royals, so I can understand, especially at that time, since it’d make them countesses. But what would Jack need a title for? He’s still going back to work like he’s always done. As is Eugenie.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Majesty

Looks like there might be a title coming for Eugenie and Jack?? As of today she is still to be called HRH Princess Eugenie of York (not Brooksbank). However, it seems that might not remain the case in the near future ...

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter
Old 10-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

She wouldn't be Princess Eugenie of Brooksbank. Why would it not be the case in the future? If HMQ was going to give them a title, it'd be done this morning like it's always done in her reign for members of her family. The only way I can see a title for Jack after today is if Eugenie gives up her HRH and they still want her to have some kind of title. Neither of which I see happening.

ETA: So apparently Earl of Snowden was given just days before Margaret and Tony's son was born. So not unprecedent. However, that was entirely different situation. Eugenie's future children won't be grandchild of a king and they aren't just one family away from the throne either. Which in the days of Earl of Snowden, the Queen only had young children.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh that will be very interesting to see the reason for giving them a titles especially as non working royals. I can see the talk starting already,

So any guess? Countess? Though wouldn't this happen before the wedding?

Guess we shall see.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

She will be Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank. ...she doesn't give up her title.

LaRae
Old 10-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Looks like there might be a title coming for Eugenie and Jack?? As of today she is still to be called HRH Princess Eugenie of York (not Brooksbank). However, it seems that might not remain the case in the near future ...

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter
I'd be surprised, but a lot of things about this wedding have been a delightful surprise, so who knows? I guess we'll see.