It's A Boy for Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank: February 9, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe she had a C-section?

This is very likely, as the insertion of the metal rods for her scoliosis could have made a natural delivery problematic.

Good point. That might indeed have complicated things...

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a clearer picture and name this weekend now they've returned home.

The was she seeked attention outside the car makes me feel she'd probably loved to show the baby to the media and public but as a result of her fathers situation it is wieser to be reluctant.
maybe the name will be released. good luck for the three!

The was she seeked attention outside the car makes me feel she'd probably loved to show the baby to the media and public but as a result of her fathers situation it is wieser to be reluctant.
maybe the name will be released. good luck for the three!

There's a quote from Sarah from around Edward's wedding that I always remember: that she taught her girls to smile at photographers because no one wants to see an ungrateful, pouty princess.

Does she like the attention? Maybe. Was she waving to the staff around the car in the first picture? Maybe. Do I think she's proud of her son and wants to smile about him? Yep. She's also probably exhausted and relieved and happy to be going home and lifted her arm for a small wave.

She already put up a little hand picture on instagram, I don't think Andrew's situation will stop her from showing him off from time to time.

There's a quote from Sarah from around Edward's wedding that I always remember: that she taught her girls to smile at photographers because no one wants to see an ungrateful, pouty princess.

Does she like the attention? Maybe. Was she waving to the staff around the car in the first picture? Maybe. Do I think she's proud of her son and wants to smile about him? Yep. She's also probably exhausted and relieved and happy to be going home and lifted her arm for a small wave.

She already put up a little hand picture on instagram, I don't think Andrew's situation will stop her from showing him off from time to time.

Indeed, it's her (and her hubby's) newborn son for crying out loud. Her father's business should be completely left out of this.

A belated congratulations from me to Eugenie and Jack. I am curious as to what the boy's name will be.

Congrats to the couple and I hope that the baby gets sensible names and not outrageous names like Vincent or Gabriel, etc.

Congrats to the couple and I hope that the baby gets sensible names and not outrageous names like Vincent or Gabriel, etc.

Outrageous name is for example Pilot Inspector.

Vincent and Gabriel are traditional, normal names.

In fact Gabriel Brooksbank sounds quite nicely:flowers:

Gabriel is a very popular name right now.. so i dont know how it is "outrageous".....

I hope people don't think Eugenie and Jack should hide the baby away because of anything Prince Andrew's done. It's not their fault, and it's certainly not the fault of an innocent newborn baby. Looking forward to hearing what the name is :) .

Well. That Mary and Frederick are so wild and outrageous you know:) don’t even get me started on Mathilde and Phillippe.. always doing crazy things! Vincent and Gabriel indeed! For Shame!

Gabriel and Vincent are traditional names and certainly not outrageous. Vincent may not have a lot of royal history, but it is still a traditional name. They are not outrageous like Apple or whatever else people might come up with, and not even modern names that have only been recently used (like Savannah).

Gabriel is a classic name that goes back to the bible and a lot of royals have named their children Gabriel or Gabriella in recent times, I really don't know how it could be perceived as outrageous.

Eugenie looks great in the photos. Looking forward into hearing the baby's name!

I wonder when we will be informed of his name and see a picture of him !

Gabriel is a very popular name right now.. so i dont know how it is "outrageous".....

Outrageous is the wrong word.

I think the point Susan was trying to make was is they aren't 'royal names'. One expects a more traditional royal name from the children of heirs. At the very least a family name. Like George, Elisabeth, Ingrid and so on. This current generation of royal parents have definitely stemmed out from the expected names, at least with younger children (and some like Estelle, with older but thats at least a family name).

Vincent, Athena, Arianne, Gabriel and so on may not be as outrageous as Pilot inspector, but still quite unexpected for a royal. And for some 'purists' little better it seems.

Eugenie is far from the throne and her son even more so. She certainly has no obligation to choose a traditional name. And if she chooses anything less out there then Banjo for her son, I doubt anyone will blink.

Great seeing them leave the hospital. They both look so happy and proud. :flowers:

I highly call it showing off for camera. She simply smiled and waved as she was leaving. I don't know what people expect her to do in the situation.

It does seem if she stayed in the hospital 3 days she had a c-section. Hopefully she has a good recovery and look forward to hearing the name soon.

Eugenie looks radiant and proud. They both do.
How nice to have a snap of the family starting off for home.

Only twenty years ago it was normal to stay in hospital for a week.
Staying in for four days could be personal choice.

She was still in the hospital?! That seems rather long. Wouldn't mother and child normally be discharged earlier than after 4 days?

There was a time decades ago that mother and child had to stay a full seven days in the hospital.
It is nice to see Jack and Eugenie so happy! ;););)

How can the name of an archangel ever be outrageous?

Prince Gabriel of Belgium
Prince Gabriel of Sweden, Duke of Dalarna
Princess Gabriella of Monaco
Lady Gabriella Windsor
Recently Princess Marie-Gabrielle de Nassau married with Mr Antonius Wilms
And recently Archduchess Gabriella of Austria-Lorraine married Prince Henri de Bourbon de Parme.
Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy.

The choice of Gabriel is even more understanding as in Christian Faith he is connected with good tidings, a wish any parent want for children.

Last edited:
I wonder when we will be informed of his name and see a picture of him !

We didn't see any pictures of Peter's children so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any of Eugenie's either. Would be nice but she is a private individual, non-working royal and so is able to have a lot more privacy about her family than the Cambridge's.

With Savannah it was announced by the minister at Sandringham during the church service after her birth. With Isla I can't remember but Mike announced Mia's when he announced her birth (about 8 hours after she was born and by which time Zara was safely home).

We may have to wait until the name is registered and see whether any of the media think it important enough to actually go and seek out the birth certificate or it could be announced on Eugenie's instagram account within hours ...

I think the media would go and look it up on the birth certificate if it hasn't been announced by then. It's good for a few Hello! covers and other headlines in the press and for other outlets if only to talk about the significance of the name WRT Andrew, whichever way that goes.

I think they'll announce it in the next few days though probably on Instagram or maybe Sarah will let it slip.

I would imagine since Eugenie already posted a picture that we will get a full one at some point, even though she certainly isn't obligated.

Lady Gabriella Windsor
And recently Archduchess Gabriella of Austria-Lorraine married Prince Henri de Bourbon de Parme.

The choice of Gabriel is even more understanding as in Christian Faith he is connected with good tidings, a wish any parent want for children.

You forgot Prince Gabriel of Nassau

I loved how happy they both looked even if Jack looked like he was driving a truck of eggs.[emoji6] But, to be sure, it was precious cargo. I look forward to hearing what name or names they have chosen, however it wouldn't surprise me if we found out in passing.

As noted earlier, Sarah certainly trained her girls well. Whatever the occasion, whatever scandals have rocked their worlds, I don't believe I have ever seen a sulky face, a po face, whatever. They have never acted in an "entitled" way and have always, from their first official come out (being deemed old enough to behave appropriately in church and join the family walking there and back), smiled and waved at both the public and the press.

From that moment onward, they were a credit to their parents on official occasions and even when their privacy was invaded. They are both well known for their beatific smiles and their ability to behave with grace under pressure, but I don't believe that means we will see much of their children. The York girls have never been working royals and I can't see them wanting to see photos of their children in papers and magazines.

I hope people don't think Eugenie and Jack should hide the baby away because of anything Prince Andrew's done. It's not their fault, and it's certainly not the fault of an innocent newborn baby. Looking forward to hearing what the name is :) .

I don't. The birth of Master X Brooksbank is a completely separate event from his grandfather's business.

Lady Gabriella Windsor

Not outrageous, but simply the fact that it's an archangelic name doesn't mean that one cannot dislike the name.
I for one like the female version better, am not too keen on the male version.

I'm sure the name will be announced soon.

Last edited:

I don't know in which place Vincent and Gabriel are considered to be outreageous name but in Western Europe they are seen as classic and traditional names.

I don't know in which place Vincent and Gabriel are considered to be outreageous name but in Western Europe they are seen as classic and traditional names.
Of course they are not.. and there are numerous royals called Gabriel or Gabriella.. and it seems to have become quite popular in the US as well, in recent years....

Vincent (Vicente in Portugal) is a very old name, and quite historical for us, since we have to learn about Gil Vicente (a playwright and poet) in school. He was from the 15/16th centuries by the way.

As for Gabriel, well, it is a common name in Western Europe because of it has a link with Christianity. I've not met many Gabriels, but it's not uncommon.

Do we know where Eugenie, Jack, and Baby went home to. Is it at Royal Lodge or Frogmore Cottage?

I read that they left Frogmore Cottage very soon after moving in and went back to Ivy Cottage/Royal Lodge so I imagine they are in Royal Lodge now as I am sure E would want to be with her Mother right now. If true then how lovely that would be, S and A will be loving having their gorgeous little grandson with them to cuddle.

Last edited:
Why would Eugenie want to be with her mother right now and not share the first few days of her son's life with her new family consisting of her husband, her son and herself? While having the baby's grandparents and uncles and aunts come over for visits...

Would grandparents/close family members be able to visit under the current regulations?

Back
Top Bottom