Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long courtships, for the right reasons, is healthy. Young age, school, long distance, disruptions and so on. All healthy valid reasons to wait.

Now if you have been together 6, even 9, years and only reason for you to be Miss Waity is your partner just isn't ready to commit, you may need to consider moving on. May work out in end but should give pause.

I see no reason to put Eugenie in the 2nd category.

I find it humerous people think Harry will be close to 40 as he will court long like Will, Zara and Peter. And yet with Eugenie its a sign of concern:ermm:

I doubt the people who think Harry will marry at 40 think he'll be in a 6-8 year courtship. They likely think he'll be in a 3-4 year courtship but that he won't look for a serious partner for another 5 years or so. He seems to be embracing bachelorhood with zeal.

While there would be nothing wrong with Eugenie getting engaged now, I believe Sarah when she says the story is a lie. The younger royals don't seem to marry until they're thinking about having kids in the near future. I'm not sure Eugenie is ready to knit baby booties just yet. If I were to guess I'd say Eugenie and Jack marry in Summer 2018.

Last edited:
Thinking that there's some truth to it all. CT has doubled down on her story. Strange, but it's always a "wait and see" as William once put it.

CT always doubled down on her stories, even when she's clearly wrong. i.e, that one time she said W&K would spend New Years in Scotland than paps pics came out on them in Berkshire.

There's a report in the Daily Mail that Eugenie is going to move into Kensington Palace. Do you think Camilla Tominey had heard about it and based her engagement rumour on Eugenie's move (ie. she assumed, maybe from other gossip as well, that Eugenie was moving because she was getting engaged)?

There's a report in the Daily Mail that Eugenie is going to move into Kensington Palace. Do you think Camilla Tominey had heard about it and based her engagement rumour on Eugenie's move (ie. she assumed, maybe from other gossip as well, that Eugenie was moving because she was getting engaged)?
Nope - different newspapers and Camilla T would not donate the story to her competitor.

Camilla's story was first. DM trying to piggy back

I do think there were some rumours and gossip flying around, maybe from Yorkie circles, (friends, people who work at Royal Lodge perhaps heard something or repeated it) and Camilla T decided to run with the story in the wake of Beatrice's breakup. She was cut off at the pass, so to speak, by Sarah's denials, but she appears to have honkered down with it for the moment. We shall see. If something eventuates in the next few weeks all well and good. If not, Camilla will just have to chalk this one up to experience.

For Princess Eugenie's wedding, do you think Savannah and Isla Phillips, the daughters of Peter Phillips or Mia Tindall, the daughter of Zara Tindall may be flower girls?

Guess it depends on when she ever marries....last I heard the rumor about a wedding was never confirmed.

LaRae

Do you think weddings of York sisters will be broadcast on TV?

Another York wedding related question: In april next year, or somewhere around that point, prince Andrew will be moved from 6'th to 7'th in line of succession. He then no longer needs the queens permission to marry. For those of you who follow the Yorks more closely than me - do you think that Andrew and Sarah will remarry once he no longer needs permission?

Another York wedding related question: In april next year, or somewhere around that point, prince Andrew will be moved from 6'th to 7'th in line of succession. He then no longer needs the queens permission to marry. For those of you who follow the Yorks more closely than me - do you think that Andrew and Sarah will remarry once he no longer needs permission?

No, I don't. Although they are good friends, fond of each other and have been great at co-parenting their daughters I believe all the passion and in-love feelings have vanished long ago. IMO they've long since moved on from being a married couple, (and for all sorts of reasons their union wasn't a raving success) and so they'll remain as they are.

Yes. Broadcasters like royal weddings.

Yes in general they do, though I seem to remember Edward and Sophie's wedding broadcast wasn't a ratings smash. TV broadcasts of this sort seem to be confined to senior royals who are liked by the public.

Unfortunately for the York princesses, years of bad publicity surrounding their parents and themselves, involving freebies, frequent holidays, parties, no job etc has affected their popularity with the British public. They've become very much tabloid fare and the focus of a lot of dislike. So no, I can't see any TV station broadcasting either sister's wedding. There will probably be photographers there, though.

I don't think either of the York princesses will have televised weddings. Actually, I would hazard a prediction that their weddings will be handled very similar to Pippa and James Matthews' wedding. Photographs and media attention but no TV coverage or pictures of the actual ceremony.

Although the York girls are princesses of the blood, they are actually more or less private citizens as they don't work for the "Firm" and they do not represent the Queen. I can't see the government of the day alloting the funds for security and whatever for a very public wedding as they would perhaps do for Harry if and when he marries.

Do you think weddings of York sisters will be broadcast on TV?

The actual wedding, no. But like Zara's wedding I'm sure there will be extensive coverage of the arrivals and departures, unless they have secluded weddings on a private island or inside a palace/royal estate.

Although the York girls are princesses of the blood, they are actually more or less private citizens as they don't work for the "Firm" and they do not represent the Queen. I can't see the government of the day alloting the funds for security and whatever for a very public wedding as they would perhaps do for Harry if and when he marries.

I expect they'd do like Peter and Zara, and sell coverage to Hello! or People.

(Though really, I'm starting to wonder whether Eugenie and Jack will go the way of Beatrice and Dave.)

(Though really, I'm starting to wonder whether Eugenie and Jack will go the way of Beatrice and Dave.)

Why do you suppose so? Is there a crisis in their relationship?

I expect they'd do like Peter and Zara, and sell coverage to Hello! or People.

Can you expand a little further? You were right about Pippa and Nico, so you seem good at sensing impending break-ups.

They may or may not broadcast the wedding this time, but if they do I suspect it will be the last time for royals who are not in the direct line. I can't imagine the future weddings of the Wessex-children will be televised for example. The trend is to downsize and focus on the core.

In my own country all four Van Vollenhoven weddings were televised, but I am sure that this will not be the case for the children of f.e. Prince Constantijn. In Belgium they did release some parts of the ceremony of prince Amedeo and Elisabetta RvW to the press but they did not broadcast it live or completely. Maybe it is an option to do the same thing in this case.

Back in the day, the weddings of the duke of Kent and his sister Alexandra were televised but the wedding of the now duke of Gloucester was not.

Last edited:
Can you expand a little further? You were right about Pippa and Nico, so you seem good at sensing impending break-ups.

It's simply that I'm not a fan of long courtships. Eugenie and Jack have been dating around eight years.
It's my belief that, if a couple has been together longer than a year and haven't moved to the next level, then there won't be a next level.

Unless, of course, there is a reason (Like William attending Sandhurst, doing pilot training, etc.)

But with Eugenie and Jack, there is no reason, just like there wasn't a reason for Pippa/Nico or Beatrice/Dave.
So I say it's not going to happen.

(I know some will say that they are happy as they are; I don't buy it). :whistling:

Do they live together or not?

Jack was in the process starting up his wine business. Maybe he didn't want to be accused using his relationship with Eugenie as cashing on his royal connections.

No one here knows them personally, they are private individuals. Eugenie isn't getting any taxpayer funds so when and how they decide to marry is totally up to them.

If they have been dating for 8 years, Eugenie was only 19 when they started. She still had go to university and find a career since she wasn't going to be a working royal

Last edited:
No, I don't. Although they are good friends, fond of each other and have been great at co-parenting their daughters I believe all the passion and in-love feelings have vanished long ago. IMO they've long since moved on from being a married couple, (and for all sorts of reasons their union wasn't a raving success) and so they'll remain as they are.

I think they might remarry when Charles (or William) is king. I don't think they will do it while the Queen and Prince Philip are still alive, even if the Queen's formal consent is no longer legally required.

I disagree with Curryong though in the sense that, in their own way, I think they still have feelings for each other and are not just friends and co-parents. And I suspect Sarah would like having a title again and being back to official royal events as a formal member of the family. That is a topic for another thread though.

Jack was in the process starting up his wine business. Maybe he didn't want to be accused using his relationship with Eugenie as cashing on his royal connections.

No one here knows them personally, they are private individuals. Eugenie isn't getting any taxpayer funds so when and how they decide to marry is totally up to them.

If they have been dating for 8 years, Eugenie was only 19 when they started. She still had go to university and find a career since she wasn't going to be a working royal

Didn't Jack start that wine business nearly three years ago?
And Eugenie has been out of university for a long time.
And yet they are not even engaged, let alone married.

So I'm thinking they will not be. (Of course, I could be wrong.)

Most businesses don't become successful overnight. Why does it even matter if and when they marry?

As a side note: Jack Brooksbank is UK brand ambassador for Casamigos, which George Clooney and his partner(s) have just sold for about $1billion. It's possible that Jack may have owned a few shares of it, also. IMO

If you had asked me about 10-15 years ago I would have said yes. But now not so much. Too much time has passed and Sarah has put her foot in it one too many times. So has Andrew for that matter and in that way they are kind of made for one another but no, I think that ship has sailed.

Which is a shame, because as hard as it is to remember now, they were once a great couple. Just looking at them made me believe in soul-mates and true love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom